• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Okay, so we were talking about Ganondorf's moveset earlier, so I made this.

Ganondorf_(Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl).png

This is what I think Ganondorf should look like in Smash 4.
Generally the same but now he has his sword at his waist.

For a few attacks he actually uses the sword, but for the most part he still uses hand-to-hand combat.

His Up Special is mostly the same, but instead of a grab, he thrusts the sword upward, and if he hits someone, he impales them, shocks them, and pulls the sword out and using the opponents' body to jump.

His Neutral Special is now a slow-moving, chargeable energy blast.

His Down Special, instead of a being a kick, is now Wizard's Fist, where he punches the ground with earth-shaking force. (Like his fight in Ocarina of Time)

His side special is the same.

What do you think? Falcondorf lovers get the same brawler as before, but with the sword everyone wants.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I think he would serve as a good AT though if he weren't playable. One of the "does nothing" trophies. Basically a bush would appear with ducks flying out of it and back n forth till they flew off where the dog would then pop out for a laugh.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
We... uh...

We had a duck sticker in Brawl..? Also, Sakurai might nor want to make realistic animals playable in his fighting game, especially domestic animals like dogs and cats, or anything resembling them. My opinion why we won't get playable Nintendog, Mewoth, Duck Hunt Dog, etc.
And thus why I hate PETA for bashing Nintendo within every opportunity. God forbid a fictional dog become a fighter in Smash with a plastic gun and whacking people with ducks. :rolleyes:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Okay, so we were talking about Ganondorf's moveset earlier, so I made this.

View attachment 19520

This is what I think Ganondorf should look like in Smash 4.
Generally the same but now he has his sword at his waist.

For a few attacks he actually uses the sword, but for the most part he still uses hand-to-hand combat.

His Up Special is mostly the same, but instead of a grab, he thrusts the sword upward, and if he hits someone, he impales them, shocks them, and pulls the sword out and using the opponents' body to jump.

His Neutral Special is now a slow-moving, chargeable energy blast.

His Down Special, instead of a being a kick, is now Wizard's Fist, where he punches the ground with earth-shaking force. (Like his fight in Ocarina of Time)

His side special is the same.

What do you think? Falcondorf lovers get the same brawler as before, but with the sword everyone wants.

I really like it.

Honestly the only thing that needs to be done is for him to change his specials minus the Side B and occasionally have his sword with him to extend the reach of his attacks and replace a few A button moves for good measure.

If done correctly it'd be perfect.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I really like it.

Honestly the only thing that needs to be done is for him to change his specials minus the Side B and occasionally have his sword with him to extend the reach of his attacks and replace a few A button moves for good measure.

If done correctly it'd be perfect.
Wait, that's what my moveset is. Are you saying I should make those changes, or they are already there?

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Honestly, I think the NES Zapper should've replaced the Ray Gun. Unless, the Ray Gun came from somewhere. It could make the classic effect upon contact.
I really want to see Duck Hunt Dog. Him, Shulk, Dixie Kong, and the Chorus Kids are my most wanted characters.
My most wanted newcomers as of now are:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
You know, it's not very nice to hate on other people's opinions. Especially on the internet. There are some mean people out there. Just looking out for you, buddy! :)
Yeah, yeah, I know...

It's just that I'm still high and happy about Gematsu being gone, I can be a **** sometimes. Please accept my apology.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Yeah, yeah, I know...

It's just that I'm still high and happy about Gematsu being gone, I can be a **** sometimes. Please accept my apology.
As someone who didn't want leak to be true either, it pains me to say this, but that leak is not "dead" yet, the guy still got 8 newcomers right and we have yet to see if Shulk and those Chorus guys become a thing, so hold your phone.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
As someone who didn't want leak to be true either, it pains me to say this, but that leak is not "dead" yet, the guy still got 8 newcomers right and we have yet to see if Shulk and those Chorus guys become a thing, so hold your phone.
And yet somehow he completely missed the fact that not only was Chrom not playable, he was never on the roster to begin with?

EDIT: And no, he didn't get 8 right, he only got 7. And almost everyone speculating Smash news guessed Palutena anyway.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
While it may not be completely dead, we now know for certain that it's accuracy is imperfect that that the characters it listed are not necessarily the only ones left. At the very least, it cannot be treated as gospel like it once was. That alone is an incredible relief for many.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I still think the leak was outdated info. Like, remember the XY Pokebeach leaks. The majority of it the guy got right, but missed a few points. Like, he got A LOT right. He got the info early on most likely, and some things changed.

I think he got early considerations or development, and made that. Chrom was considered for the roster, and I think the leaker saw the initially considered characters, and made that leak. But, it was obviously outdated and some of the stuff was different.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
While it may not be completely dead, we now know for certain that it's accuracy is imperfect that that the characters it listed are not necessarily the only ones left. At the very least, it cannot be treated as gospel like it once was. That alone is an incredible relief for many.
Well of course, i agree fully with this, but i'm just saying that disregarding it completely is not wise either, we should still be on the lookout for Shulk and the Chorus Kids to see if it's legitimacy can still be proven.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I don't know why it matters anymore.

There's two characters left on the leak, and Shulk is one everyone likes and could add plenty to the game.
And I don't think it's wise to say anything negative on the Chorus Kids.
*Prepares Flame-Shield*
I actually don't care for Shulk and I'd be content without his inclusion.
. . . Seriously though, I haven't played Xenoblade so I have no connection. Also, the game doesn't really interest me but hey, that's my opinion. I'd actually rather see Marshall before Shulk.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well of course, i agree fully with this, but i'm just saying that disregarding it completely is not wise either, we should still be on the lookout for Shulk and the Chorus Kids to see if it's legitimacy can still be proven.
I think it's irrelevant to pick sides on the leak considering it's not accurate.
Chorus Kids are still what will make or break it for me, Shulk proves nothing now.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
And yet somehow he completely missed the fact that not only was Chrom not playable, he was never on the roster to begin with?

EDIT: And no, he didn't get 8 right, he only got 7. And almost everyone speculating Smash news guessed Palutena anyway.
And yet he guessed the Wii Fit trainer, wich almost no one speculating Smash news guessed. I'm just saying disregarding it completely like it was never reliable isn't wise, just as it wasn't to believe it as gospel back then.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I think it's irrelevant to pick sides on the leak considering it's not accurate.
Chorus Kids are still what will make or break it for me, Shulk proves nothing now.
I feel like Shulk's a shoe-in, and yeah Chorus Men, or at least a Rhythm Heaven rep, will make it or break it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
And yet he guessed the Wii Fit trainer, wich almost no one speculating Smash news guessed. I'm just saying disregarding it completely like it was never reliable isn't wise, just as it wasn't to believe it as gospel back then.
Um, where did I say that the first half wasn't legit? The fact is, the second half has NOTHING going for it whatsoever. Yes, he got the first half right, but the second half is BLATANTLY false.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
*Prepares Flame-Shield*
. . . Seriously though, I haven't played Xenoblade so I have no connection. Also, the game doesn't really interest me but hey, that's my opinion. I'd actually rather see Marshall before Shulk.
No offense, I've always felt like saying "prepares Flame Shield" seems sort of pretentious...

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Um, where did I say that the first half wasn't legit? The fact is, the second half has NOTHING going for it whatsoever. Yes, he got the first half right, but the second half is BLATANTLY false.
Blatantly may be a stretch. I'm still gonna wait until a Rhythm Heaven rep is confirmed or deconfirmed.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
*Prepares Flame-Shield*
Yeah, I think you would have to actually play Xenoblade Chronicles to really care about Shulk's inclusion. I felt the same way before I managed to get my hands on the game. Now he's a character I'd really like to see, but I do think he's a character we could live without.

Well, when you think about it, Shulk actually has no real evidence supporting his inclusion aside from the leak. Most of his likeliness comes from how he would be a good choice for Smash, and in my opinion, I don't think that's enough to say that he's a guarantee.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Again, we should just wait to see if those 2 remaining characters make it in,and if they don't (or more like The Chorus Kids don't) THEN we can't just say it's dead.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Takamaru could be unique. Our first samurai, they could make him really slow, and really grounded like Mac.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
New theory.

The remix games they played today are clues for yet to be revealed characters, stages, and AT :troll:

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Only Shulk was given the guarantee by the tipster. This pretty much means that if, for some strange reason, he isn't playable, then the leak is automatically fake. However, if Shulk is in fact confirmed, then perhaps the Chorus Kids could help strengthen he credibility of the leak again.

Actually, now that I think about it, according to the Brawl leaker, both Chrom and Robin were considered from the very beginning, with Chrom having had a slot specifically reserved for him before Awakening came out. This means that Chrom was added to the roster just slightly before Robin was. Robin never replaced Chrom; Chrom was merely deemed inadequate and boring, and that his inclusion would have been merely for the sake of meeting fan demand. Chrom was cut--not replaced but cut.

Now whether or not Chrom was even preprogrammed to be a fighter (and to what extent he was worked on) or not remains to be seen. But considering the fact that he has a full model of him as a part of Robin's Final Smash, it is very possible that Chrom's model was at the very least finished, but instead of removing him from the game altogether, they decided to repurpose him as a part of Robin's Final Smash. My guess was, a model of Chrom was finished; Sakurai couldn't figure out a way to make him stand out from Marth and Ike similarly to Robin, and instead of meeting fan expectations, decided to instead make him a part of Robin's Final Smash.

Where does Lucina come in? Well, the story pretty much speaks for itself and pretty much went as Sakurai explained it. But it was highly speculated that she was originally going to be upgraded to character DLC but made it into the Final Roster since the development team was so far ahead of schedule by that time (and according to this insider, character DLC and patches are definitely being worked on).

Now who is this tipster? I have no idea. Some of the long-term people know about the Brawl leaks far better than I do, and who it was that provided it. All I know is that the guy does not know the final roster for this game in general, and only knows some of the details that he provided while speculating most of the rest to fill in the blanks. He's a credible source, though, and believes that the gematsu leaker was a Namco Bandai employee with actual inside information. What do I think? If the gematsu leak is true, then chances are, he was either working on a completely unrelated game; was reassigned to another project (believed to be Tekken 7), or was simply not activiely involved in the game's development or marketing departments. He might be in archives, but if so, he probably would have know about Robin and Lucina before their trailer came out.

But that's off-topic. My point is, the Brawl leaker in question has a reasonable explanation that could in turn support the gematsu leak getting Chrom wrong. While it hasn't been confirmed, it is very likely that Chrom's development as a character began with the 3D modeling and may have even begun before Robin, but then was scrapped altogether when Sakurai felt there was no reason to satisfy fan demand for the sake of it. I say this because again, Chrom was made a part of Robin's Final Smash; I figured if they could help it, they would have given Robin a completely different FS that didn't involve him if Chrom never made it that far to begin with.

And I reckon someone will bring up characters like Tom Nook or the other Mega Man's to justify their possible inclusion as an argument against my theory. And trust me; while I've got nothing on those two, there may in fact be a bit more light to shed on their parts. But again, these are just my two cents on this whole Chrom situation.

Morbi

Scavenger
New theory.

The remix games they played today are clues for yet to be revealed characters, stages, and AT :troll:
I suppose Dr. Mario, Glass Joe, Birdo and Kraid are the characters supported by this theory?! :troll:

I joke about it... but I am more than certain that Dr. Mario was at the very least considered (or he is not included as a costume) if Sakurai's assertions are objectively true.

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I don't know why it matters anymore.

There's two characters left on the leak, and Shulk is one everyone likes and could add plenty to the game.
And I don't think it's wise to say anything negative on the Chorus Kids.
Not everyone :troll:

EDIT: On the topic of Takamaru, I'd be cool with him if he used an Iaido style to fight, always loved that stuff..or battuujustusu, or whatever its called.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Not everyone :troll:
Not everyone, indeed. :urg:

I have to be completely and utterly honest with the good denizens of Smashboards, I only wanted Shulk so that I could pretend to be the lead singer from Asking Alexandra and Harry Potter. Even then, that was a risk as I need a black-haired palette swap for that notion to actualize.

Correlation does not imply causation, we cannot be entirely sure that there ever was a "second" leak as opposed to a second information drop.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Again, I'm fairly certain the leak was just outdated. Then again, it could have just been full of it, which is also entirely possible.
It seemed to be full of it when it said Shulk would be revealed on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom