• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yes but if Ridley is in he gonna be show on E3, to make a huge hype wave near the launch. There is also a possibility for Fire Emblem, but Sakurai only show on the trailers gameplay of the Wii U Version. There is also the possibility that Pilot Wings stage is for Mii char but in my opnion if Mii is there (which I don´t think so) he gonna be show together an another popular char to avoid backslash. (Similiar the WFTrainer)
In the end that is why I think that a Kid Icarus newcomer have the higher chance.
Yeah, if Ridley is in the game, he will probably be revealed on E3, after the announcement of a new Metroid. My point was that the next newcomer could be anyone, not only Palutena, although I would like to have the mystery surrounding the character come to an end, as soon as possible. If the Arena Ferox is the home stage of a Fire Emblem newcomer, the stage will be present on the Wii U version as well (like the Little Mac's Boxing Ring is on both versions), so I think a FE newcomer next is a likely as Palutena.
Why waifu Emblem? Why?

There's a Skyward Sword stage too...

Also, why waifu Emblem??
Because the game is full of waifus and husbandos.

Skyloft could be Link or Zelda's home stage, we don't know if the Twilight Princess stage is returning yet.

Or it could be Ghirahim's home stage, uh. Who knows?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, if Ridley is in the game, he will probably be revealed on E3, after the announcement of a new Metroid. My point was that the next newcomer could be anyone, not only Palutena, although I would like to have the mystery surrounding the character come to an end, as soon as possible. If the Arena Ferox is the home stage of a Fire Emblem newcomer, the stage will be present on the Wii U version as well (like the Little Mac's Boxing Ring is on both versions), so I think a FE newcomer next is a likely as Palutena.
Skyloft could be Link or Zelda's home stage, we don't know if the Twilight Princess stage is returning yet.
I feel it is wrong to insult a great game with a dumb not-word made up by internet cretins. imho.

Hey, if the TP stage is returning, or there is a new one, it could be a home stage for someone else...
Midna_Monster_5.jpg

Midna says hi.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team

What? No! Fire Emblem will have a home console stage, you know that Little Mac NEVER had a portable game so a different stage don´t make sense. Fire Emblem had a LOT of games on home console.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I feel it is wrong to insult a great game with a dumb not-word made up by internet cretins. imho.

Hey, if the TP stage is returning, or there is a new one, it could be a home stage for someone else...
Midna says hi.
Midna playable would be awesome :') And I am not trying to insult Fire Emblem Awakening. I didn't say it is a bad game or anything. It is obvious where the biggest part of the game's popularity come from, though. You barely see people talking about the history, game mechanics, music, etc. People mostly talk about who marry who in the game, etc. lol
What? No! Fire Emblem will have a home console stage, you know that Little Mac NEVER had a portable game so a different stage don´t make sense. Fire Emblem had a LOT of games on home console.
I think that if Fire Emblem Awakening has a rep in Smash Bros 4, his or hers home stage will be on the Wii U version too, but hey, feel free to disagree.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Midna playable would be awesome :') And I am not trying to insult Fire Emblem Awakening. I didn't say it is a bad game or anything. It is obvious where the biggest part of the game's popularity come from, though. You barely see people talking about the history, game mechanics, music, etc. People mostly talk about who marry who in the game, etc. lol

I think that if Fire Emblem Awakening has a rep in Smash Bros 4, his or hers home stage will be on the Wii U version too, but hey, feel free to disagree.
Congrats, you're the first person to not immediately say Midna would never happen.
Also, marriage is a game mechanic, so...and it isn't necessarily the biggest source of it's popularity, though the fact that it's the first Nintendo game with fanservice DLC speaks volumes...
Still, just say Awakening. It's one of my favorite games and I would rather not associate with a terrible word.

I think FE will get another generic Castle in the Wii U version.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Happy President's Day! Thank Buddha for useless holidays where I get off! In respect for this great holiday, I updated my roster!
Empty Roster.png

Thoughts?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I just really hope that Hades will appear in Super Smash Bros in some form..maybe as a Background charcter
He'll announce the E3 trailer, which will come right after a trailer for a new Metroid game.

"And now for our final presentation, a challenger appears for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and WiiU.
A villainous purple challenger who was once thought to be two sizes too large. Fans have wanted him for years. Here he is!

IT'S...
"

As much as I love characters in playable roles, I also hope he appears as a background character, because that might give him more speaking roles. Maybe he could be one of the Uprising characters who communicates with Pit much like Otacon and Campell communicate with Snake.

It'd be safe to say that Scott Bullock would reprise his role for the western versions.

----

Last edited:

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
He'll announce the E3 trailer, which will come right after a trailer for a new Metroid game.

"And now, a challenger appears for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and WiiU. A villainous purple challenger who was once thought to be two sizes too large. Here he is!

IT'S...
"

As much as I love characters in playable roles, I also hope he appears as a background character, because that might give him more speaking roles. Maybe he could be one of the Uprising characters who communicates with Pit much like Otacon and Campell communicate with Snake.

It'd be safe to say that Scott Bullock would reprise his role for the western versions.

----
Were you make a Ridley joke ;(. Anyway i would love to see KI background charcters like say Thanatos or maybe Dark Pit who is flying through the sky. I was thinking about something..would you mind if they replaced the Gen 1 Pokemon Trainer with a Gen 6 Pokemon Trainer? ( Him using Froakie, Braxien and Chesnaught)

Staarih

Smash Master
I was thinking about something..would you mind if they replaced the Gen 1 Pokemon Trainer with a Gen 6 Pokemon Trainer? ( Him using Froakie, Braxien and Chesnaught)
I wouldn't mind if PT did change his Pokémon, but I think it'd rather be Fennekin, Quilladin & Greninja when talking about 6th gen. But honestly, I doubt he is going to change - at least Charizard is a given.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I wouldn't mind if PT did change his Pokémon, but I think it'd rather be Fennekin, Quilladin & Greninja when talking about 6th gen. But honestly, I doubt he is going to change - at least Charizard is a given.
I have a feeling they might get rid of the Pokemon Trainer due to the 3DS Problems Sakurai is having for one or two more charcters in the same slot. It is certantly possible Charizard might get his own slot with a new down B move and him turning into Mega Charizard X for his final smash

?????????????

Smash Master
Happy President's Day! Thank Buddha for useless holidays where I get off! In respect for this great holiday, I updated my roster!

Thoughts?
There are two differences between your roster and mine; Dixie instead of K. Rool, and Random instead of Tetra.

I find both reasonable, so I have no feedback. Looks good!

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion

But in fire emblem marrying your characters off is the game mechanic. You want the best stats in the second half, choose your pairings wisely. Just like in the apex of the series on the SNES, which makes me want to play Awakening a lot honestly.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Anyone else expecting Diddy Kong to be revealed on the 21st. Then again, Sakurai mostly reveals characters on Japanese release, so I'm not certain. Anyways, what's your guys opinion on the matter?

?????????????

Smash Master
Anyone else expecting Diddy Kong to be revealed on the 21st. Then again, Sakurai mostly reveals characters on Japanese release, so I'm not certain. Anyways, what's your guys opinion on the matter?
It's possible. Tropical Freeze is being released pretty much everywhere else, even if it's not the Japanese release.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Is there any other time to release Diddy? He may just do it since Little Mac took over on Thursday, so I'm not too sure. I think Diddy at the end of this week is pretty plausible, though. When else will he be revealed?

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I'm expecting Diddy on Friday. There isn't really another opportune time to reveal him otherwise right?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Is there any other time to release Diddy? He may just do it since Little Mac took over on Thursday, so I'm not too sure. I think Diddy at the end of this week is pretty plausible, though. When else will he be revealed?
At a random time/when absolutely no one predicts. Just because the game is releasing now doesn't mean Diddy's (or any other DK newcomer) page won't link to Tropical Freeze regardless.

Hell, Mac's page links to the PO Wii page from like 5 years ago. I think it's more about spacing out reveals than it is upholding to release dates, lest we get the TL/Peach/Sonic deal again, where consistent reveals make the previous characters more and more forgettable/"boring" in comparison.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
You may be right but Mario Kart 8..but at the same time does Wario really tie into Mario Kart 8 compared with say Wind Waker HD and Toon Link
Well I mean Wario's in MK8 as much as Toon Link is in Wind Waker.

Honestly though he's the only Mario Karter vet that is not revealed yet, is confirmed for Mario Kart 8(unlike Diddy) and doesn't have another tie in game coming out this year(unlike Yoshi). Wario's part of the Big 8 Mario Karters alongside Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, DK, Bowser and Toad. The last has been deconfirmed from appearing, and the formers(apart from Yoshi) have been revealed thus far.

But then again, he could just be revealed at any point ala Marth. Because it's still Sakurai behind the reveals. Man is pretty unpredictable.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
At a random time/when absolutely no one predicts. Just because the game is releasing now doesn't mean Diddy's (or any other DK newcomer) page won't link to Tropical Freeze regardless.

Hell, Mac's page links to the PO Wii page from like 5 years ago. I think it's more about spacing out reveals than it is upholding to release dates, lest we get the TL/Peach/Sonic deal again, where consistent reveals make the previous characters more and more forgettable/"boring" in comparison.
That's true. I still kinda believe that Sakurai will still reveal Diddy soon to at least be near the release of Tropical Freeze to advertise it a bit more. And you're right: Sonic ruined Toon Link for me.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
View attachment 8680

Thoughts?
I like this roster a lot. It has the likely choices, and keeps all characters. You didn't cut Snake or Ike, which is something I can appreciate.
I have no complaints. Some people will probably tell you that you need to have an"unpredictable" choice, but you can't really predict those anyway. I really like this.

EDIT: @ IsmaR IsmaR I"m surprised we haven't gotten a stage in a loooong time. What was the last one revealed? Rainbow Road on the 3DS?

Last edited:

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Well I mean Wario's in MK8 as much as Toon Link is in Wind Waker.

Honestly though he's the only Mario Karter vet that is not revealed yet, is confirmed for Mario Kart 8(unlike Diddy) and doesn't have another tie in game coming out this year(unlike Yoshi). Wario's part of the Big 8 Mario Karters alongside Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, DK, Bowser and Toad. The last has been deconfirmed from appearing, and the formers(apart from Yoshi) have been revealed thus far.

But then again, he could just be revealed at any point ala Marth. Because it's still Sakurai behind the reveals. Man is pretty unpredictable.
Okay now i see where you are going..I do really want to see Wario soon because i loved him in Brawl

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
There is another character, besides Diddy, who is likely to be revealed on Friday. Falco Lombardi. Friday will be the anniversary of the release of Star Fox (SNES) in Japan. We will either be seeing Diddy, Falco, or nobody at all!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I like this roster a lot. It has the likely choices, and keeps all characters. You didn't cut Snake or Ike, which is something I can appreciate.
I have no complaints. Some people will probably tell you that you need to have an"unpredictable" choice, but you can't really predict those anyway. I really like this.
It has Wii Fit Trainer. It can't get any more unpredictable.

?????????????

Smash Master
I don't really care for when someone says you must have an "unpredictable" choice. Is Wii Fit Trainer not enough?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Then were obviously not predicting correctly if you guys can't even risk on a prediction roster. :p

I don't really care for when someone says you must have an "unpredictable" choice. Is Wii Fit Trainer not enough?
Well I personally don't want all the safe and popular choices to get in. That's why I like Sakurai's decisions when comes to characters like R.O.B. and Game and Watch.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
If the Palutena leak ends up showing her as an AT, I'll agree on that Hades should be in the roster.
Ok, so you'll support ****ty one-shot over K.Rool-esque Medusa. What's wrong with you people? You defend K.Rool as the "main villain" of the DK series, then toss Medusa into a gutter. If Palutena is an AT, I'll sit, laugh, watch the world burn, then put up a Medusa banner.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Exactly, it's a pre-conceived idea of Sakurai's inventiveness.Sure, there are gonna be some shockers on a roster, but I don't think it's mandatory. Besides, I do think WFT and to a much lesser extent Villager are enough. They were just revealed earlier than the past shockers.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah. I'm really starting to think Wii Fit Trainer is the unpredictable choice that nobody saw coming.

People claim she's different from R.O.B or Mr. Game & Watch, but really, she is the same type of thing. Nobody considered her at first. After getting revealed, "OH WAIT. WII FIT IS SUPER ICONIC BLAH". R.O.B was incredibly iconic, but you would be laughed at for including him as a historical character. Mr. G&W didn't actually exist at the time of Melee, but he is essentially the same thing as R.O.B.
Then were obviously not predicting correctly if you guys can't even risk on a prediction roster. :p
Putting more than one ridiculous character =/= taking a risk. It's taking the expectation of unpredictable characters and blowing it way out of proportion. Wii Fit Trainer, in my opinion, is the unpredictable character.

Just because Sakurai is "unpredictable", doesn't mean that he is going to flood the game with a bunch of characters nobody wants. One is acceptable, but when you add two or three at a time, it's overkill.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Exactly, it's a pre-conceived idea of Sakurai's inventiveness.Sure, there are gonna be some shockers on a roster, but I don't think it's mandatory. Besides, I do think WFT and to a much lesser extent Villager are enough. They were just revealed earlier than the past shockers.
Your roster? Diddy-Dixie and K.Rool, and it'll look great.

?????????????

Smash Master
Well I personally don't want all the safe and popular choices to get in. That's why I like Sakurai's decisions when comes to characters like R.O.B. and Game and Watch.
I love the surprises, but I don't want them to supremely outprioritize the characters who are or should be bigger priorities, like Mewtwo and Ridley. Honestly, Wii Fit Trainer amused me a lot and satisfied me in terms of having a surprise in the game. But if there's more surprises in lieu of major Nintendo icons, I'll be a little disheartened. Not a lot, but a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom