• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Cpt Toad should be a character, he just shouldn't be able to jump :troll:
Knowing Sakurai he would have to put springs on every inch of the stages so Cpt. Toad can auto jump.:troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
First roster update without Chrom in a good long while. :p Figured I'd post it because why not. I just like my placement.

The first row is for Mario and Mario Related characters.
The second row is for Famicom characters' series.
The third row features multi-character JRPGs.
The fourth row is SPAAAACE. And two "other-worldly" throwbacks.
The fifth row features single-character series in series order debut, followed by third parties, and then Miis as their own thing.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
First roster update without Chrom in a good long while. :p Figured I'd post it because why not. I just like my placement.

The fifth row features single-character series in series order debut, followed by third parties, and then Miis as their own thing.
I like your roster placement.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario

Eh, I like it.

Not to far from my own, I might say.

Outside of like, 7 differences.

Last edited:

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice

And so we all stood around Lucas's corpse and watched as he began to rot away, forever to be forgotten.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
If we don't get a Miiverse post about Wario tomorrow, I'm going to assume there's going to be a character trailer for a newcomer and Wario will be involved so he can confirm himself as a veteran. I'm also probably going to be disappointed. Waiting for Friday to come faster.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Watch Wario not be revealed tomorrow, and some Nintendo worker who designed Wario's E-Shop page legitimately derped up.

Though seeing how the cat's out of the bag, I wouldn't be shocked if Sakurai changed his plans to accomodate for a potential error.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Pretty good overall, but I think it needs more Ridley.

mark welford

Smash Ace

this is the most realistic roster ive seen without the king k.rool, Dixie kong or ridley but I still think mewtwo is not returning but that is just me

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Has anyone ver mentioned your avatar is scary.
Yes. Yes we have.

No.

I've only been told my avatar is beautiful.
I've also been told this is absolutely off topic.

So, how about that Future v. Past thing I said? Would anyone besides @ ElPanandero ElPanandero like that?
I'd like it. Though I'm not sure if Shulk would be the best choice to represent the future... There are a number of characters that are more recent than him, if we really want to go with an "old vs. new" theme.

Last edited:

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
No.

So, how about that Future v. Past thing I said? Would anyone besides @ ElPanandero ElPanandero like that? :laugh:
Any new characters are cool. Even if I have absolutely no idea who they are (well I know them from a general standpoint and what games they come from).

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Has anyone ver mentioned your avatar is scary.

Because it's ****ing creepy.
It's not scary, you just can't handle it's fabulousness.
No.

So, how about that Future v. Past thing I said? Would anyone besides @ ElPanandero ElPanandero like that? :laugh:
It would be pretty cool, though i think the Ness or Lucas idea is better, i don't exactly see Shulk as an ordinary swordsman :awesome:.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'd like it. Though I'm not sure if Shulk would be the best choice to represent the future... There are a number of characters that are more recent than him, if we really want to go with an "old vs. new" theme.
You don't understand.

Takamaru represents "Past" because his game is a very old NES game that is set in a feudal Japan setting. Shulk represents "Future" because he's from a new and growing series of games set in a futuristic fantasy setting.

Both are swordsmen from unrepped franchises. I mean, it won't happen, but it's such a perfect concept.

mark welford

Smash Ace
I want to start a new conversation and it is worth a shot by saying this if any other sonic character deserves to be in the game it should be tails he is to sonic what luigi is to Mario or falco to fox

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I want to start a new conversation and it is worth a shot by saying this if any other sonic character deserves to be in the game it should be tails he is to sonic what luigi is to Mario or falco to fox
Obviously the only one with a chance was Shadow, even Miiverse agrees :awesome:.

mark welford

Smash Ace
but you see that Mario has his sidekick luigi and his rival bowser even fox has falco and wolf it would not make sense to put shadow in but not tails tails is Sonic's sidekick and shadow is Sonic's rival you see the point im getting at
Obviously the only one with a chance was Shadow, even Miiverse agrees :awesome:.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
but you see that Mario has his sidekick luigi and his rival bowser even fox has falco and wolf it would not make sense to put shadow in but not tails tails is Sonic's sidekick and shadow is Sonic's rival you see the point im getting at
Yes yes that was just a joke, but i find it extremely unlikely to get another Sonic character anyways.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If we WERE to get another Sonic character, the most obvious choice is clearly Blaze. :awesome:
But yeah, if there were a second Sonic character, it would be Shadow, but he's confirmed an Assist Trophy, so no go there.

If we were to get a second Sega character at ALL, however unlikely that is, it's no doubt going to be Bayonetta.
...@JamesDNaux. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Even though it should be Dr. Eggman instead.

And since Sonic's attacks were mainly inspired by Sonic the Fighters.....

All of my yes.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I know but if a another sonic was to be added it should be tails every #1 character has his/her #2 character
As much as I hate the newer Tails, I'd have to admit that he'd make the most ideal second Sonic character. Eggman/Robotnik would be third, heck, maybe even tied with Tails.

mark welford

Smash Ace
If we WERE to get another Sonic character, the most obvious choice is clearly Blaze. :awesome:
But yeah, if there were a second Sonic character, it would be Shadow, but he's confirmed an Assist Trophy, so no go there.

If we were to get a second Sega character at ALL, however unlikely that is, it's no doubt going to be Bayonetta.
...@JamesDNaux. :troll:
but bayonetta does not have as much popularity as sonic I still it should be tails all they would have to do is use his moveset from sonic battle his final smash would be his plane he would fly around the stage shooting opponents

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Both Tails and Robotnik/Eggman deserved to be an Assist before Shadow.

However, a personal favorite of mine is Metal Sonic. One of my favorite video game characters of all time. Chaos 0 is my next favorite Sonic character but neither of them really deserve playability.

D

Deleted member

As much as I hate the newer Tails, I'd have to admit that he'd make the most ideal second Sonic character. Eggman/Robotnik would be third, heck, maybe even tied with Tails.
I'd argue the not-so-good doctor would be more ideal, considering the franchise started with just Sonic and Eggman.

Heck, even before the franchise got its start and there were a bunch other characters never to be seen again, Eggman always was a part of it. Even before Sonic himself came into the picture, Eggman as a caricature of Teddy Roosevelt in pajamas was a potential option for the role of protagonist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom