• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No.

Everyone wins because Robin is clearly the best representative of Awakening.
I wanted both Robin and Lucina for different reasons because I argued both had more merit than Chrom.
I didn't' expect both, honestly, but neither did Sakurai, so there's that.
No.

Chrom fans don't win.

Granted, I agree, I wanted either Robin or Lucina for different reasons, never expected both.

I understand entirely, the Happy Mask Salesman is the obvious choice for Smash because the Moon appears in Hyrule Warriors and Skull Kid is an assist trophy, it's obviously pointing towards him. :troll:

This is why I attempted to change the subject, though I guess Krystal will just generate hate.

So about that villain trailer...
People keep arguing against Wolf, but I think Wolf is quite a likely addition to a Villains Trailer. He's the closest Star Fox has to a recurring villain, yes he's more of a rival, but he's still a villain most of the time.

My thoughts:

New: K. Rool, Ridley

Veterans: Revamped Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Wolf

We'd see the 3DS Metroid stage, 3DS Star Fox stage, perhaps one more Wii U Zelda stage, more on the X/Y Wii U stage, and both DK stages. That's currently my bet.

I don't think this Star Fox stage means anything for Krystal at all. Assault is the last console Star Fox stage, it makes the most logical sense. In fact, Fox's design and voice is based on his 64 designs, if anything, I think that's a huge thing AGAINST Krystal. Again, not that I have any problems with Krystal being playable... I just don't think its likely.

Really confrontational are we? Aren't you happy enough with Lucina? :troll:

I think we can agree that we both won, and Gematsu lost, however.

Though, on a scale of 10 - Jesus, if the Happy Mask Salesman actually became playable, would I be the new Sal Romano? :troll:
Since its never going to happen, no. :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I can't see a "Villains" trailer happening, especially if it contains more than two unrevealed characters.

However, I did have an idea for a Mewtwo Vs. Ridley trailer that would rock so hard.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
People keep arguing against Wolf, but I think Wolf is quite a likely addition to a Villains Trailer. He's the closest Star Fox has to a recurring villain, yes he's more of a rival, but he's still a villain most of the time.

My thoughts:

New: K. Rool, Ridley

Veterans: Revamped Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Wolf

We'd see the 3DS Metroid stage, 3DS Star Fox stage, perhaps one more Wii U Zelda stage, more on the X/Y Wii U stage, and both DK stages. That's currently my bet.

I don't think this Star Fox stage means anything for Krystal at all. Assault is the last console Star Fox stage, it makes the most logical sense. In fact, Fox's design and voice is based on his 64 designs, if anything, I think that's a huge thing AGAINST Krystal. Again, not that I have any problems with Krystal being playable... I just don't think its likely.

Since its never going to happen, no. :p
I'm not arguing against Wolf, he's just not a villain. We likely have two trailers left before the game comes out, so a Star Fox trailer and a villain trailer makes sense. The Star Fox trailer would reveal Krystal as a newcomer, and bring Falco and Wolf back at the same time. The villain trailer would have K. Rool and Ridley a newcomers, with a revamped Ganondorf as the veteran. Mewtwo isn't a villain either, so I don't know why he would show up.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I can't see a "Villains" trailer happening, especially if it contains more than two unrevealed characters.

However, I did have an idea for a Mewtwo Vs. Ridley trailer that would rock so hard.
The Fire Emblem trailer revealed three unrevealed characters already...

Uh, no...its actually still a blend of his Assault (Red boots) & Command appearance
Voice is based on 64. Why would that be the case?

I'm not arguing against Wolf, he's just not a villain. We likely have two trailers left before the game comes out, so a Star Fox trailer and a villain trailer makes sense. The Star Fox trailer would reveal Krystal as a newcomer, and bring Falco and Wolf back at the same time. The villain trailer would have K. Rool and Ridley a newcomers, with a revamped Ganondorf as the veteran. Mewtwo isn't a villain either, so I don't know why he would show up.
I don't think a Star Fox trailer makes as much sense as people keep thinking...

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
Okay, you know what, this forum is not agreeing with me, and someone else already said it, so never mind.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Voice is based on 64. Why would that be the case?
I am talking about his design, as in his clothing and appearance. He is not even close to his 64 design. Again, its a blend of Assault & Command. Fox doesn't have red shoes outside of Assault

His head shape & appearance is basically like Command's

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
It makes as much sense as Wolf or Mewtwo appearing in a villain trailer. It's all just wishful thinking.
Only because you're calling it a "villain trailer"; really, we're just talking about a series of rival battles. They don't have to be villains, per se, that's just semantics.

Mario vs Wario
Kirby vs Meta Knight
Fox vs Wolf
Link vs Ganondorf
Pikachu vs Mewtwo

Finish off with a villainous newcomer. Don't see why that can't happen.

CaptainSyrup

Smash Rookie
He looked like a gay biker. Him and Krystal need assault costumes. The rest of the cast could use 64.
Maybe I'm living in the wrong area, as my knowledge about gay bikers is fairly limited, but if they prefer eyepatches to spiked leather shoulderpads, their fashion sense can't be that bad.

(BTW, is there any official Star Fox 64 artwork that shows his whole body? I really couldn't find any.)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
His leather jacket and gaga shoulder pads lead me to believe he's rocking assless chaps and lobster claw heels

Hong

The Strongest
With Lyn out of the running, I'd love to see Takamaru, just by virtue of the fact iaido is usually fairly interesting when it is exaggerated in a fantasy setting. Being a retro character is a plus, since we have a lot of new blood on the roster as far as newcomers are concerned.

Nazo no Murasame Jo, while not for everyone, is a classic I found to be rather charming. In that sense, having him on the roster would open the floodgates for additional content inspired by the original game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
With Lyn out of the running, I'd love to see Takamaru, just by virtue of the fact iaido is usually fairly interesting when it is exaggerated in a fantasy setting. Being a retro character is a plus, since we have a lot of new blood on the roster as far as newcomers are concerned.

Nazo no Murasame Jo, while not for everyone, is a classic I found to be rather charming. In that sense, having him on the roster would open the floodgates for additional content inspired by the original game.
Does Takamaru use laido? I didn't think he did. That's why I liked the idea of Impa; she could potentially use laido. If Takamaru used a laido fighting style I wouldn't mind him at all, but I was under the impression that Takamaru fought holding his blade out with both hands, kinda like Mitsurugi: http://youtu.be/p1bmQrTKAbw?t=41s

Hong

The Strongest
Does Takamaru use laido? I didn't think he did. That's why I liked the idea of Impa; she could potentially use laido. If Takamaru used a laido fighting style I wouldn't mind him at all, but I was under the impression that Takamaru fought holding his blade out with both hands, kinda like Mitsurugi: http://youtu.be/p1bmQrTKAbw?t=41s
I mean, the character in his source material has such basic attacks. As he is a samurai, he is prime to take inspiration from any associated martial arts.

Could even have a mechanic where his down + b sheathes the sword and starts to build power until your next attack.

D

Deleted member

GUUUUUUUYS.

Sakurai referred to the "Great Fox's pilot" without mentioning him by name. You know what that means?
ROB 64 confirmed.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Still iffy on Isaac, and I've already made my thoughts clear on Headband Goomba and a RH rep. A third Kid Icarus character would be seriously pushing it, with a combination of Sakurai bias and there only being three games in the series. May as well add Ninten.

I haven't decided who to put there, it'll be filled once I figure it out.
I don't think that a 3rd Kid Icarus rep is pushing it In a hypothetical world where Star Fox has four playable characters. Kirby does stand out as under represented though, when you consider the size of the franchise and the amount of other franchises that have four or more reps (although I am also not a fan of the Dee.)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I don't think that a 3rd Kid Icarus rep is pushing it In a hypothetical world where Star Fox has four playable characters. Kirby does stand out as under represented though, when you consider the size of the franchise and the amount of other franchises that have four or more reps (although I am also not a fan of the Dee.)
This just made me think: where that joke about running on top comes from?

Because I make a straw about Paper Mario, but is it a star fox reference?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think it is a bit telling that we only see two arwings.

I also think I look too deeply into things, though.

domokl

Smash Lord
mewtwo is a villian in the smashverse as decipted by his melee trophy and event 51

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I would guess that, considering this is a stage that always has several groups of Arwings flying it at all times, there's no hinting at anything here.
If I don't take a picture and extrapolate meaningless information from it then I'm not Smashboarding right.

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
I think it is a bit telling that we only see two arwings.

I also think I look too deeply into things, though.
I assume you're referring to Krystal being playable, right? I'm not going to say that she's not or anything, but considering the stage is based on Star Fox Assault, wouldn't that mean Peppy retired? The two arwings are probably Slippy and Krystal, while Fox and Falco are missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom