• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
We don't need to be risky, Sakurai's already being risky for us, adding newcomers like the Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Rosalina. Speaking of newcomers, has anyone pointed out that the newcomers have a pattern of green, blue, green, blue?
I guess we can expect a blue newcomer next. :awesome:
The possibility of a blue newcomer makes some sense.

Assuming we will have a newcomer every 2 months, (December was RosaLuma, and February was Mac) we should have another newcomer reveal in April.
April is the anniversary month of both Fire Emblem, and Takamaru's game.
Both of which have blue hair.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
The possibility of a blue newcomer makes some sense.

Assuming we will have a newcomer every 2 months, (December was RosaLuma, and February was Mac) we should have another newcomer reveal in April.
April is the anniversary month of both Fire Emblem, and Takamaru's game.
Both of which have blue hair.
Fire Emblem doesn't have blue hair, but Corn does :troll:
Although considering this, what other blue newcomers could there be? Krystal?

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I know that whole Krystal debate ended, but I wanted to give my imput.

With all due respect, but when he claimed that she would be a, "clone," I was stunned. Surely enough she is in the same situation, and also has the same profession as Fox and friends, but I do not see her relatively close to a clone. That person said that, her staff wasn't associated with the icon she is known by, but in a series such as smash, that serves no relevance whatsoever. I personally believe they have a ton of flexibility in regards to making her a unique character or a semi-clone. I know for a fact that I have come up with plenty of movesets for her.

Now let's talk importance! First off, if you think she's unimportant to the series, then I would tell you that I respect the thought you presented but disagree. You see, being one of the core members of the team of Protagonists in the series, AS WELL as being the main love interest, certainly gives her a much more important role. If Mr. Sakurai isn't judging her based off of series relevance- then I guess she should be included by fan demand. She may have fallen to 2nd or 3rd in popularity With Palutena, MAYBE Dixie, but I think Sakurai was made aware of her popularity after Brawl's release.

Anyways, just throwing my thoughts out there. Not trying to continue a flame war :)

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
We don't need to be risky, Sakurai's already being risky for us, adding newcomers like the Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Rosalina. Speaking of newcomers, has anyone pointed out that the newcomers have a pattern of green, blue, green, blue?
Ridley is purple, which is variation of blue, so I think he is the next one to be revealed (April) and then Palutena in June. :awesome:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Takamaru confirmed.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I think Takumaru should be the only retro.

Or no retros. I find them unnecessary.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think Takumaru should be the only retro.

Or no retros. I find them unnecessary.
There are several retro characters who would be very unique... Lip, Muddy Mole, Duck Hunt Dog, Mike Jones, etc... why get mad at getting a character unless you think that character would sully your dream roster?

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
There are several retro characters who would be very unique... Lip, Muddy Mole, Duck Hunt Dog, Mike Jones, etc... why get mad at getting a character unless you think that character would sully your dream roster?
When did I get mad at retros? I said I don't think they are needed. I would be fine with them in, and I would be fine with them out. I even have Takumaru on my Roster Prediction. I'm just saying the roster doesn't need retros.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
No one would be able to handle the amount of hype this would cause. I fear for my fellow smashers' lives.
At the very least, Smashboards would evolve into Crashboards again.

Then again, I think some big things are going to be saved for E3: Ridley, Mewtwo, DK Newcomer, etc.

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Lip isn't even retro, they are still making Puzzle League games, Lip has just been absent from them.
Actually, Lip appeared in the last Panel de Pon game as an unlockable in both the DS and DSiware versions. She was unfortunately removed from the international releases. In the gamecube title, Lip is mentioned as the mother of Furil (who's basically an expy of Lip). The only Panel de Pon game Lip was truly absent from outside the western re-branded games was the GBA game and even in that game her theme song remained in.

While Lip may not be taking center stage in her games as of late, she isn't absent from them.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
When did I get mad at retros? I said I don't think they are needed. I would be fine with them in, and I would be fine with them out. I even have Takumaru on my Roster Prediction. I'm just saying the roster doesn't need retros.
The roster didn't NEED any 3rd parties but we got them anyway because they were fun additions. I don't get your point, if the character can be fun to use, they make a great addition to smash regardless of if we needed them or not.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Muddy Mole and Lip have plenty of potential. Both can bring new fighting elements to Smash.

Chase

Smash Ace
No one has said Excitebiker yet…But yeah Lip, Takamaru, Duck Hunt Dog, Prince Sable, Muddy Mole, and even Tamagon are pretty unique.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
The roster didn't NEED any 3rd parties but we got them anyway because they were fun additions. I don't get your point, if the character can be fun to use, they make a great addition to smash regardless of if we needed them or not.
Retro's are also fun additions, but they are not needed. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be in, but we don't 100% need them to be in.

And there is no Zelda character more deserving to get in than Vaati.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Oh, I have been waiting since June 12, 2013! :awesome:

4 more months till E3 2014. :grin:
Wow.
The time blows by so fast.

I can't believe that Mega Man was unveiled for Smash Bros. EIGHT months ago!

Let's not dive into dangerous territory and just agree to disagree. I support Tetra more than Vaati.
I want Vaati more than Tetra, but I realistically see Tetra in before Vaati.

My Zelda newcomer preictions are basically like this for me:
Tingle > Impa > Tetra > Vaati

And want is like this:
Tingle > Vaati > Impa > Tetra

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Wow.

I want Vaati more than Tetra, but I realistically see Tetra in before Vaati.

My Zelda newcomer preictions are basically like this for me:
Tingle > Impa > Tetra > Vaati

And want is like this:
Tingle > Vaati > Impa > Tetra
My most wanted is Malon

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Wow.

And in that time...
-2 Newcomers
-4 International Directs, revealing Luigi, Sonic, Rosalina and recently Little Mac
-23 Characters, 11 Reveals total post E3.
I personally see 8 months or less till release, meaning...
-E3, we'll get 2-3 Newcomers (Likely 3)
-At least ~22 Reveals (I think the smallest possible roster is 45 slots)
-Counting Nintendo Directs... April, we'll get a Newcomer, June is E3, August is another Newcomer, then October and so on.

Last edited:

Reila

And there is no Zelda character more deserving to get in than Vaati.
Oh yes, there is. Definitely. Certainly. Absolutely.

Tetra/Toon Zelda
Phantom Zelda/Toon Zelda
Skull Kid
Impa
Pig Ganon
Ghirahim (Yes, he was only in one game, yet he is far more memorable than Vaati will ever be)
Hell, even Tingle is more deserving

I don't hate Vaati or anything, but he is just a random Zelda villain.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603

Tetra/Toon Zelda
Phantom Zelda/Toon Zelda
Skull Kid
Impa
Pig Ganon
Ghirahim (Yes, he was only in one game, yet he is far more memorable than Vaati will ever be)

To be fair, Skull Kid and Ghirahim is pushing it. They're random Zelda villains as well, the main difference between them and Vaati is that Vaati is the only recurrent minor Zelda villain. That's at least notable.

Not arguing that Vaati is necessary, though. He's got every bit of potential as Toon Zelda, Impa, and Tingle, he just doesn't offer as much new ground as they do.

Reila

To be fair, Skull Kid and Ghirahim is pushing it. They're random Zelda villains as well, the main difference between them and Vaati is that Vaati is the only recurrent minor Zelda villain. That's at least notable.

Not arguing that Vaati is necessary, though. He's got every bit of potential as Toon Zelda, Impa, and Tingle, he just doesn't offer as much new ground as they do.
Well, Skull Kid is the villain (not really the villain, but the puppet of the actual villain) of one of the most popular Zelda games and the one people keep asking for a remake, which given the hints in Link Between Worlds, will likely happen. Ghirahim is extremely charismatic and likable, plus he is the villain of the most recent console game in the series (Demise was just a giant space flea, Ghirahim was the actual villain). As I said, I don't really hate Vaati and I see potential on him, plus his design is cool, but he isn't that popular, most people don't even talk about Minish Cap or Four Swords, so he isn't nearly as deserving as the characters I mentioned, in my opinion.

Last edited:

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman

Tetra/Toon Zelda
Phantom Zelda/Toon Zelda
Skull Kid
Impa
Pig Ganon

I think I agree with you but I haven't played a game with Vaati in it so maybe when I do my opinion with him will change but for now I find him over rated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom