• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
I've thrown together another roster based on some interesting theories I read today. This one is just put together on roster maker since I'm too lazy to update the fancy one again.

This time I have 54 characters instead of 55 (I just cut Chibi-Robo since its never gonna happen :<). Based that upon that theory about the website showing the characters in groups of 9. Other than that, I rearranged the order of the characters based on the demo's CSS (bar Greninja coming before Pika because that's just weird)

Bandana Dee can be considered my flexible slot now, so replace him with whoever ya want. I limited this to 54 characters, but the other ones I would consider likely include Ghirahim, Dark Pit, and some sort of retro character. Dark Pit is really the only clone I see likely (Dixie is more unique than a clone imo), just because Sakurai added Lucina doesn't mean he is going to go on a clone-creating spree.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
im a nintendo fan its made for all of us. What about Ridley or King K rool???? those guys are legends.
Every character in smash bros is a 'legend' in their own way. And those two might end up being in the game, we don't know yet.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

This is a roster.

This is my roster. Is an okay roster methinks.
*sees Dark Pit in the roster*
*mind blows up*

oh. ok. i believe u.

ok ok ok lets just say then I don't like the way those characters look. They just kinda look out of place imo. I never played fire emblem. never intrested me. I totally judged a book by its cover.
Let me tell you that it's a horrible way to view characters.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I love this roster! Except Dark Pit. I would be really happy with the size and everything, though.
I'm banking on two-three clone characters.

Dark Pit is a safe bet, Dixie is a pretty good logical one imo. The way I see it, it seems that it would be decently okay if we got a unique character with them. Hence the Robin+Lucina, King K. Rool+Dixie Kong, and Palutena+Dark Pit. I can imagine Rosalina+Bowser Junior being a thing too.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427

This is a roster.

This is my roster. Is an okay roster methinks.
This is one of the best rosters I've seen in a while. Especially love the fire background. No complaints as far as character choice goes either. :)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't want to put a damper on things, but personally I think Ghirahim would have a better chance had his theme been added separately. Like Id~ Purpose.
Maybe it has.

It's the only song the demo played on the stage, after all, and the original Ballad of the Goddess is already confirmed as a track on the stage.

Number2joker

Banned via Warnings
*sees Dark Pit in the roster*
*mind blows up*

Let me tell you that it's a horrible way to view characters.
why? its simple for a very casual gamer like myself. If the character Looks cool or I happen to have a personal attachement for a certain character(charizard) then I play them.

I dont happen to think Fire emblem characters look cool.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
While Dark Pit is a talking point here, that brings up a question.

While Pittoo looks like Pit (and literally IS a clone of him), does that necessarily mean he will share Pit's moveset? It has been a while since I played Uprising, but doesn't that game have a ton of stuff it could potentially lend to Dark Pit?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

While Pittoo looks like Pit (and literally IS a clone of him), does that necessarily mean he will share Pit's moveset? It has been a while since I played Uprising, but doesn't that game have a ton of stuff it could potentially lend to Dark Pit?
No, he might have some move differences and stat changes. He could potentially bring the weapon types Pit doesn't have, his Dark Pit staff is the most notable one.

Morbi

Scavenger

Of course Pittoo could have his own move-set; however, most people envision similar characters to share move-sets based on the precedent. Most would assert that Dark Pit would be included BECAUSE he has the potential to be an easy to develop clone. The principle is that if Kid Icarus were to receive another newcomer that was not a clone, Dark Pit is not preferable. More people would expect Hades or Medusa because they are inherently different. Therefore it is counter-intuitive to make Pitto his own character by a significant extent.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
lol cool. Did u like the way they represented sonic in brawl?
Of course not, he was bland as hell, but that isn't Sonic's fault. He was a rushed, last minute character that delayed the game. There are plenty of moves that sonic uses in his games that could have been implemented into his set. Yet they chose to give him two slightly different Spin Dashes. I don't even.

Last edited:

Number2joker

Banned via Warnings
Of course not, he was bland as hell, but that isn't Sonic's fault. He was a rushed, last minute character that delayed the game. There are plenty of moves that sonic uses in his games that could have been implemented into his set. Yet they chose to give two slightly different Spin Dashes. I don't even.
agreed 100%

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Of course not, he was bland as hell, but that isn't Sonic's fault. He was a rushed, last minute character that delayed the game. There are plenty of moves that sonic uses in his games that could have been implemented into his set. Yet they chose to give him Spin Dash twice. I don't even.
This is the only reason keeping me from playing as Sonic in Brawl. I was so hyped for his reveal due to him being one of my favorite video game characters, but the way he was implemented was terrible. Well, maybe not so bad, but two spin-moves was ridiculous. He can do more than just spin.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hopeful(still possible) Roster.png

Well, decided to update my roster, but it should be noted that I think this is the best case scenario(well, except for snake), and I don't have my hopes up for this actually happening. I even have the Mii/Random space because reasons. As I'm sure some of you already know, I don't like the idea of newcomer DLC, so if we do get DLC, I'm betting on Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and *insert Melee vet here*. I would say Roy, but we already have Lucina. Also yes, I do expect Dark Pit now that we have Lucina, so sue me.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'd like to hear your thoughts about this
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69440637

1. Chrom is not joining Lucina is
She is the one on left - http://sonohara.donmai.us/data/66ad38541d9a0e8009c92c1e8579b5e7.jpg
2. Chorus Men are not getting in, neither are the "Chorus Kids", Marshal with Miss Ribbon Alternate are.
I'm not sure why but our "leaker" is unable to correctly identify people, I'm assuming he is using some type of image search program to identify them.
So people worried about there being "3" blue haired swordsmen who look nearly identical and play the same class, no longer need to worry.
This was posted before the reveal happened.
Will we get Marshal instead?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
This is the only reason keeping me from playing as Sonic in Brawl. I was so hyped for his reveal due to him being one of my favorite video game characters, but the way he was implemented was terrible. Well, maybe not so bad, but two spin-moves was ridiculous. He can do more than just spin.
That was the only reason keeping my sister and I from playing Sonic in Brawl as well, I suppose it will also keep us away from his Smash 4 variant. I was expecting some subtle changes as Sonic is no longer a last minute addition; however, I was incorrect as far as I am aware.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Me and you think alike man.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
I'd like to hear your thoughts about this
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69440637

This was posted before the reveal happened.
Will we get Marshal instead?
I wouldn't think too much of it. Lucina isn't a big shocking character if you didn't believe the leak. Probably some fan who wanted some characters over others and made a "leak" out of it.

mainly in denial because i dont want marshall and he doesnt have a bowtie

Edit: It would be a different story if he mentioned Robin. Also there's the fact that its a GameFAQs leak...

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I wouldn't think too much of it. Lucina isn't a big shocking character if you didn't believe the leak. Probably some fan who wanted some characters over others and made a "leak" out of it.

mainly in denial because i dont want marshall and he doesnt have a bowtie
I am going to give it the benefit of the doubt because I was a Lucina supporter and upon multiple occasions I have asserted that she was the most probable blue-haired Lord. However, her reveal surprised even me (because I erroneously presumed that Robin would be the only Fire Emblem newcomer). At first, I thought she was an alternate costume.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'd like to talk about a character

I want these guys in Smash all the way. Definitely not on the disc.

But if they become a really popular request after Smash and Splatoon come out, what are the chances of them being a DLC character?
I have mixed feelings about them suddenly being in DLC, but they are most likely shoo-ins for Smash 5 at this point.

We can always talk about Ridley being Charizard clone :troll:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I kind of predicted Lucina instead of Chrom too. After all, I was the guy saying the Sal leak was fake due to Chrom. So I really don't think we can take it too accurately yet unless we get Marshall.
Yeah, but mostly everyone was expecting Chrom too, the fact that out of all potential newcomers that could be revealed and Lucina was the one revealed (who was considered unlikely), makes me think it's pretty credible.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Yeah, but mostly everyone was expecting Chrom too, the fact that out of all potential newcomers that could be revealed and Lucina was the one revealed (who was considered unlikely), makes me think it's pretty credible.
Is this the same leak that said playable bosses?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't understand why if we're getting a Kid Icarus clone, it's Dark Pit when the superior choice is clearly Medusa.

- Appears in all games in the series
- Visually diverse from her base (Palutena)
- Freaking cool evil snake lady
- Did I mention she is a freaking cool evil snake lady?

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
I have mixed feelings about them suddenly being in DLC, but they are most likely shoo-ins for Smash 5 at this point.

We can always talk about Ridley being Charizard clone :troll:
Whenever someone mentions Ridley and Charizard in the same sentence, I always think of this picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom