• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
So it seems that Michel Ancel (creator of Rayman) did kind of tease Rayman being in Smash before:

http://www.gamezone.com/originals/2013/07/27/interview-director-michel-ancel-talks-rayman-legends

At the very end of the interview:

It's also worth noting that in a developer Twitch Q&A about Rayman Legends, Michel Ancel was asked about what he'd think about Rayman in Smash - he said he'd love to see it, and if fans pushed for it, he'd join them.

It's not much, but I can't think of anything else "we'll have the answer very soon" could be referring to.
That would be alot of man's we need bayonetta to be the woman :D

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
So it seems that Michel Ancel (creator of Rayman) did kind of tease Rayman being in Smash before:

http://www.gamezone.com/originals/2013/07/27/interview-director-michel-ancel-talks-rayman-legends

It's also worth noting that in a developer Twitch Q&A about Rayman Legends, Michel Ancel was asked about what he'd think about Rayman in Smash - he said he'd love to see it, and if fans pushed for it, he'd join them.

It's not much, but I can't think of anything else "we'll have the answer very soon" could be referring to.
I wonder if Rayman is already in the game or planned for a DL character (Sonic could have been worked as DL instead of delaying the whole game for his inclusion).

Niala

Smash Ace
Are you misogynistic?
You just listed every female character sans Samus and Zelda.
Also, could you explain your reasoning?

Without an explanation your post sort of comes off as trying to start arguments.
What, you mean the post made by "Number2Joker," (which, btw, there was an account yesterday in a thread named "Number1Joker") is trying to start a flame war?

Ghastly. Unprecedented. I would have never guessed!

Just a hint of sarcasm.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What, you mean the post made by "Number2Joker," (which, btw, there was an account yesterday in a thread named "Number1Joker") is trying to start a flame war?

Ghastly. Unprecedented. I would have never guessed!

Just a hint of sarcasm.
Alright, I'm ignoring him then. But I'll like whatever posts he makes while I can

Interesting.

Is he making shallow promises? Did Sakurai totally fake us with the trophy today?

Last edited:

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice
I heard quite differently. Apparently the lines were incredibly packed and people had to wait quite awhile. But they didn't care because they loved to play it.

I think it will do quite well and will become a playable character in smash 5 if not dlc for smash 4.
Well I watched the live feed and saw differently. But either way we can't say for sure now. It'll have to wait until the game actually comes out.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Toon Link should have different weapons. Lucas should have different specials. Wolf should be replaced with Andross (with a body and rocket-propelled metal gloves before he turned into a giant head; or after he turned into a giant head and somehow gained his original form back).

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Ignore the creature known as number2joker.
As long as you don't make Eye contact, it should leave and return to its hole.

Number2joker

Banned via Warnings
Are you misogynistic?
You just listed every female character sans Samus and Zelda.
Also, could you explain your reasoning?

Without an explanation your post sort of comes off as trying to start arguments.
I suppose your right.

:4palutena:- dont know this *****, but she looks dumb :4pacman:-cmon packman? really? :4peach: - should never ever been in smash bros in the first place, they got it right in the original for n64 :4robinm::4robinf: - who the **** r these ppl????? why do we need more characters from fire emblem???? Isnt Marth Ike and Roy enough!?!?! :rosalina: - I hate how nintendo is forcing this ***** down our throats, she sucks ass. Horrible character, imo

always hated her. :4wiifit: - (go back to packman) :4pit:- I hate pit. He's based off of cupid from ****ing valentines day! Thats a

great idea for a character right there..........:4lucina:- again, i can't believe we need another ****ing fire embled charater!!!! :4mii: -

Looks kinda stupid imo, though could be fun. I do like the idea of hank hills and adolf hitlers running around my screen but still i

just dont think this is a great idea overall. :4sonic: - I dont hate Sonic. I just thought he was slopily done in the last game and i

doubt they take the time to improve him.

Again not trying to pick a fight although im sure 80% of people disagree.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Prediction roster time, i went optimistic and added 52 characters, the only cuts are Ivy, Squirt and Snake.

Prediction Roster.png

Since i predict a 48-52 characters roster, K. Rool, Ridley, Lucas and Mewtwo are the ones that i would have to cut in order to be at 48, also no Random becuase Mii fighter have a special slot. Also:

Unlockable roster.png

The Blue one is the starter roster and the green ones are the unlockables.

Number2joker

Banned via Warnings
All of them :awesome:
With the possible exception of the Mii Fighters, but I understand why they're there.
well thats okay. are there any charaters u feel shoudnt be in the game that are?

yea
I disagree on all of them except Mii Fighters as well, but I would rather not explain that again...
yeah mii fighters looks kinda eh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
I suppose your right.

:4palutena:- dont know this *****, but she looks dumb :4pacman:-cmon packman? really? :4peach: - should never ever been in smash bros in the first place, they got it right in the original for n64 :4robinm::4robinf: - who the **** r these ppl????? why do we need more characters from fire emblem???? Isnt Marth Ike and Roy enough!?!?! :rosalina: - I hate how nintendo is forcing this ***** down our throats, she sucks ***. Horrible character, imo

always hated her. :4wiifit: - (go back to packman) :4pit:- I hate pit. He's based off of cupid from ****ing valentines day! Thats a

great idea for a character right there..........:4lucina:- again, i can't believe we need another ****ing fire embled charater!!!! :4mii: -

Looks kinda stupid imo, though could be fun. I do like the idea of hank hills and adolf hitlers running around my screen but still i

just dont think this is a great idea overall. :4sonic: - I dont hate Sonic. I just thought he was slopily done in the last game and i

doubt they take the time to improve him.

Again not trying to pick a fight although im sure 80% of people disagree.
You just saved yourself from my ever lasting hatred by clearing up why Sonic was on that list.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't think there's any character that "doesn't" deserve a spot on the roster.
All characters were included for a reason, after all.

The only exception is Miis, but not because I hate them being in Smash Bros; it is because they took up three movesets when one would have sufficed and be less....wasteful, and their online usage is handled quite poorly.

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I admitted I was wrong about PAC but then Villager was indeed a contradiction. He once flat out said that he wouldn't include an animal crossing rep in an interview.
I am saying how is it a contradiction when he's flat out stated himself that sometimes he can't see how things will work at one time, then later he gets an idea about it?

there’s places when I wanted to implement some character, but the image for how it works in the game just never comes to fruition."
What about this is a contradiction? You're basically saying he's not allowed to change his mind about things like how the rest of us change our predictions, views, or whatever on things as we go. I'm not arguing he didn't change his mind, I'm arguing he didn't contradict himself because of the very nature that he operates under. He always revisits ideas as evidenced by Mii's, Villager, and Pac-Man. If it didn't work in one game, it might the next.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
So, with the jump in FE characters from 2 to an impressive 4, what other franchises do you think will follow?
Many people seem to think DK could, and it would be well deserved due to the popularity of its latest games.
But who else? Would Sakurai boost Kid Icarus and Kirby reps just as much? I'd like to know what you all think.

Number2joker

Banned via Warnings
Not really, I like all of them so far, more or less. Although I did hate Greninja when he was first revealed, but then I realized that he and Mewtwo could co-exsist.
I have no issue with :4greninja: but if he's in the game and :4charizard: is in the game

then someone from the grass starters should be represented as well. I was thinking sceptile

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I don't think there's any character that "doesn't" deserve a spot on the roster.

The only exception is Miis, but not because I hate them being in Smash Bros; it is because they took up three movesets when one would have sufficed and be less....wasteful, and their online usage is handled quite poorly.
I agree. Every character has earned their spot on the roster. And I also wish deep down that Miis would just be one Fighter.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
So, with the jump in FE characters from 2 to an impressive 4, what other franchises do you think will follow?
Many people seem to think DK could, and it would be well deserved due to the popularity of its latest games.
But who else? Would Sakurai boost Kid Icarus and Kirby reps just as much? I'd like to know what you all think.
If Dixie and Dark Pit are last minute clones like Lucina, then I can see it happening, but I can also see a unique 6th Mario character too.

Morbi

Scavenger

Mii Fighters deserved a spot on the roster; Mii Gunner, Mii Swordsmen, and Mii Brawler, however, did not. :troll:

I would feel a little differently if they were completely original characters (or handled properly online), I cannot fathom why so much is borrowed for their move-sets. It makes me glad Sakurai did not attempt a unique swordsman play-style via Chrom. It would be funny seeing Chrom using Link's taunt, but I would pass.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Even though I sympathize with Chrom's fans, I gotta say that I'm liking how his unfortunate status has breathed new life into just about character support thread.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Mii Fighters deserved a spot on the roster; Mii Gunner, Mii Swordsmen, and Mii Brawler, however, did not. :troll:
Yes, exactly. I thought I made it clear that was my point. :p

Toon Link and Lucina for starters.
I don't know why you are quoting me. I did not state my opinion as fact, and quite frankly, it's obvious I'm not going to agree with you.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Even though I sympathize with Chrom's fans, I gotta say that I'm liking how his unfortunate status has breathed new life into just about character support thread.
He will have another chance... someday. ( Probably in that SMT X FE Crossover, if things go well. )

Morbi

Scavenger
Chrom would like it that way, a martyr, like his sister. It should not have taken his unfortunate status to breathe life into those support threads though, people are so petty.

I have no issue with :4greninja: but if he's in the game and :4charizard: is in the game

then someone from the grass starters should be represented as well. I was thinking sceptile
Ivysaur might be a good choice. I am not sure if he would work for Smash though. It would be difficult to find a move-set for him.

Number2joker

Banned via Warnings
I always wished fighting games had a way to permanently delete characters off your game.

I know it sounds silly, but a lot of these characters I just don't ever want to see on my television screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom