• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character de-confirmations ahead...Spoilers?

iMichael

Smash Lord
No.....That didn't de-confirm anything. Well except the Mario Striker, but c'mon lets get serious.

And as for Wind Waker Link, if that was going to be his trophy, it'd be in his standard outfit. Meaning they probably are saving it for his Classic trophy.

hyruleboy

Smash Apprentice
Tom Nook and Chibi are out, so's Kumatora.
BUT!
Claus is not neccacarilly, THAT, is YOUNG Claus, not "The one we want"

hyruleboy

Smash Apprentice
Tom Nook and Chibi are out, so's Kumatora.
BUT!
Claus is not neccacarilly, THAT, is YOUNG Claus, not "The one we want"

Chepe

Smash Lord
For trophies like "WW Link in PJ's", consider it the equivalent of the "Raccoon Mario" trophy in Melee, and "Fusion Suit Samus" trophy in Brawl. Meaning, it does not deconfirm the character because they are not in their usual wear.

Smash Apprentice
Why do trophies deconfirm anyone?

Did everyone forget that every playable character had several trophies of themselves in Melee?

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
It's largely the logic of "why would Sakurai show a trophy of somebody before they're confirmed", thusly anyone who shows up in any form that's not playable ruins them. The only true deconfirmer as Sakurai states is the AT--if anything, the fact that guys like WW Link and Claus aren't in their normal attire means they might be more likely (raising chances ain't an appropriate guess). I'm unfortunately displeased with chances of WW link (because he's LINK, I don't care about art style, popularity, clone status or moveset, I hate AU characters taking up slots.), but if that doesn't kick out anyone in my sig, I'm good.

:034:

Smash Hero
I'd say the shown trophies are out. They might still appear as an assist trophy, but not as a character. For stickers, multiple artwork of various characters have been shown. I doubt that means an instant deconfirmation.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
They do deconfirm. Hear me out.

When you get a Playable Character trophy, you had to beat the game with him/her first. Then you get the character trophy... But what's this? Characters are standalone, meaning nobody's alongside them. In the case of Tom Nook or Ryuta, both are deconfirmed. Nook for having the Nookies beside him, and Ryuta for having the punched guy next to him.

The Claus you"don't want" is probably another trophy, so Claus supporters fear not. At least not until you see the Claus you want besides someone else, in the same trophy.

Fawriel

Smash Master
And as for Wind Waker Link, if that was going to be his trophy, it'd be in his standard outfit. Meaning they probably are saving it for his Classic trophy.
What he said ( good soldier ).

Besides, I wouldn't consider commercials to be of the same significance as the Dojo. Commercials are about showing off pretty things. The Dojo is about confirmations and deconfirmations, and is directly controlled by Sakurai. We do not know who controls what is shown in those commercials.
The whole "wouldn't show under those circumstances" argument is not completely waterproof in the first place when it comes to the Dojo, but when it's a commercial that is just a random assortment of thingies with some guy saying "Dairantou Sumashu Burazazo Ekkusu" at the end, I wouldn't start worrying about that.

After all, check out the Krystal sticker.

If you think there's anything that can deconfirm Krystal at this point besides an honest-to-goodness AT update with her name and image, you're a maniac.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
It's largely the logic of "why would Sakurai show a trophy of somebody before they're confirmed", thusly anyone who shows up in any form that's not playable ruins them. The only true deconfirmer as Sakurai states is the AT--if anything, the fact that guys like WW Link and Claus aren't in their normal attire means they might be more likely (raising chances ain't an appropriate guess). I'm unfortunately displeased with chances of WW link (because he's LINK, I don't care about art style, popularity, clone status or moveset, I hate AU characters taking up slots.), but if that doesn't kick out anyone in my sig, I'm good.
What if his name were not Link but Cress, or Cronos, or Senel, would he still be just another Link? What if he wore his umm "pj's" and they changed his name, would he still be another link. I am not looking to argue with you. Everyone has their likes and dislikes. I just don't think that they are the same person. After all, don't forget that WW takes place waaaay after OoC and MM.:) And no this does not de-confirm anything.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I also hate the idea of double representations of a single character.. Link is just Link... The reasonable thing to do would be make him an AT.. I mean, it's not like Nintendo doesn't have a lot of characters to choose from... right? >_>

Pieman0920

Smash Master
To anyone thinking that they are deconfirmed because their trophies were shown first, I must remind you that before Luigi or Ganondorf were confirmed back in SSBM, they were shown as trophies. <_<

Oh? At what point is WW Link the exact same character?

He has different relations, plot, homeland, design, origin, visual style, voice, personality, etc.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Oh? At what point is WW Link the exact same character?

He has different relations, plot, homeland, design, origin, visual style, voice, personality, etc.
And if you compare his games to Twilight Princess, he might as well be from a different franchise.

*cheers for ALttS* ^^

http://cube.ign.com/articles/097/097715p1.html

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO REMEMBERS THAT??

Good grief.
Well holy crap, you just owned an age-long argument with three lines of text.

Smash Apprentice
They do deconfirm. Hear me out.

When you get a Playable Character trophy, you had to beat the game with him/her first. Then you get the character trophy... But what's this? Characters are standalone, meaning nobody's alongside them. In the case of Tom Nook or Ryuta, both are deconfirmed. Nook for having the Nookies beside him, and Ryuta for having the punched guy next to him.

The Claus you"don't want" is probably another trophy, so Claus supporters fear not. At least not until you see the Claus you want besides someone else, in the same trophy.

Continue?

Sailus

Smash Cadet
I don't understand why everyone naturally assumes cel-shade is in. Some real proof of his absence = overdefensive remarks made by in-denial fans.

Um, hello?

List one legitimate reason why WW Link cannot get in.

One.

Seriously, one.

I dare you.

I will agree that WW Link will never get in, ever, if you even show me one thing to suggest he cannot get in.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Unless WW Link;'s standard outfit is his Blue lobster shirt. I played WW a second time through in his blue shirt Link seems to fit into a crowd better in that shirt.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Forget the stickers. We need someone to translate the trophy descriptions. Of course, I would consider all of them deconfirmed anyways. Sakurai has been very tight about info, and the descriptions of those trophies would easily give away whether or not they are playable.
As for stickers, we don't know how they work.

Is there some thing that people don't understand about "his main trophy wouldn't be a minor costume he wore in the second quest and for the first half an hour of TWW"?

If he got this trophy, he's getting another one.

DGK all day

Smash Apprentice
So Miyamoto didint make the Wind Waker cel-shaded to be family friendly, he made it so there could be 2 Links in Brawl, Amazing.

Chepe

Smash Lord
So Miyamoto didint make the Wind Waker cel-shaded to be family friendly, he made it so there could be 2 Links in Brawl, Amazing.
So Miyamoto didnt give OoT Link two age forms to give the game a time aspect, he made it so there would be 2 Links in Melee. Amazing. :dizzy:

But yes, Im glad to see logic being used right. There DEFINITELY is a WW Link trophy in his green tunic, so if he wasnt playable, they would have used that instead of his PJs trophy. A playable WW Link trophy would probably have included his moves or a hint on his playable status, while a "costume" trophy would just have details on the game that the trophy came from.

Im prepared for a playable Cel-shaded Link...

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
It would be interesting if Chibi-Robo was playable.. and I wouldn't say that trophy deconfirms him either.

Top Bottom