• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Data Release Thread

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
It took me longer to get you what meant by
"try to get in which frame of the hitbox is the hitbox that changes in less then 5 seconds" than it did for me to figure out which frame the hitbox changes. Which is frame 26. I can nearly immediately tell that the hitbox is out during frames 7-30. It makes sense to me =/

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
For the threads we release, I totally agree with the start-end format. It's definitely easier to look at for the average joe.

I just don't agree with changing it for the spreadsheets, which I assumed would be for us and, eventually (if we release the links), people nerdy enough to take time and look at them. Extra work for no reason.

Thanks SuSa @throw stuff.... now I don't have to go back and retest that. Editing the move list to reflect that now.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I'm on your side for once SuSa =P
I got stuck with my brain when looing at Lucarios data.

U-smash FAF 52 Hitframe 7 Duration 24 Hitbox Changes 26

try to get in which frame of the hitbox is the hitbox frame that changes in less then 5 seconds.
Might be the lack of sleep, but it's been 2 minutes and I still can't figure that one out.

Actually, I don't even fully understand what you're asking. Is the answer 26? If the answer isn't 26 then I'm so confused....

But I still see it as 7-31... I also typed that originally but edited it out and just ignored the duration entirely andtook FAF-Hitbox Changes and got 26.

Probably not even the proper way to do that.

You know what, **** it. I'm going to bed.

:nifty::leek:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Hit frame + duration - 1. o.o

Idk, I was forced to take more math than I wanted to in high school, so..... ;;

Yikarur

Smash Master
xD
it was slightly confusing xP
and I think it was a bit misphrased xD

7-30 and the Hitboxes changes in 26.
but if your not good at math you have to think about in which relation the hitbox change stands to the duration.
so you have first to convert it in your head.
you have "26" as duration and "7" as first hitframe. Now you want to also know how long the firsthitbox is in comparison to the second hitbox.
Thats a lot converting.
If it's simply stated 7-30 you know everything with one look.

SuSa

Hit frame + duration - 1. o.o

Idk, I was forced to take more math than I wanted to in high school, so..... ;;
I haven't even finished Algebra II yet due to many, many, many issues with how often I've moved around in high school. :mad: Luckily math is like.. the most simplistic language ever and I can figure most of it out, and you RARELY EVER need anything more complex than basic multiplication/division/subtraction/addition.

Why have to make it hit frame + duration -1 when you can make it "4-10" :urg: No math at all, it's arguably a visual representation.

When someone says "3 through 10" and it's implied you include 3 and 10, it's a lot easier to understand than "3+7-1"

Wait ****.... wait no that was right.

You know what.
Sleep time.
Seriously

Considering you all should be by now seasoned in reading data presented in that style seeing as that's how the sheets are filled in, I don't understand why it seems to be so difficult to comprehend that bit of Lucario data.

Also ∂throw data is simple to collect. I've already got it done for ROB.

First, test your ∂throw on either Lucario or Ivysaur, as they have weight values of 1.0. Note all your important stuff. I did the frame damage is dealt, FAF for victim, and FAF for ROB. Now, to find out the stuff for characters with other weights, divide their weight values by 100, then multiply the event frame by that number. Credit goes to Magus for the process. Weight values can be found here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244329

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Requirements Thread said:
Basic requirements for new members which will be tested by the projects:
1. Experience with and access to Frame advance
2. At least some knowledge of PSA/Brawlbox
3. Must LIKE math and be proficient with setting up formula, hex conversion, etc.
4. Notable talent at coding or research.
5. Attention span / obsessiveness
6. Free time / effective time management
Get over it. If you can't math, you should learn to deal with it. I'm not changing data because people are lazy.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Can't help but agree. It doesn't seem hard at all to understand; I mean, it did at first, but that was for only like the first day of using the alternate way of logging the information in the frame data thread.

Simply put...

Deal with it. B)

Also, I'm glad we can deal with weight dependent throw's data!

Yikarur

Smash Master
it's just stupid to make a sheet that has a high mistake rate when shown to "non researcher" and that should be published you know?
the X-Y is just much better. But nevermind, do what you want, I will save it and change it by myself.

High mistake rates shouldn't be problems either. If you follow the scientific method (which, to be honest, you should, seeing as this is still technically an experiment and we are gathering data to discover and prove) you should be "testing" things a minimum of three times a la Dark Horse. I.e. DOUBLE CHECK YOUR MATHS. I regularly go over the spreadsheets I've finished to touch them up and look for mistakes, so that, when the data is released, there will be no problems with false data.

SuSa

@Tristezas

By mistake rate he meant converting it to the proper frames (3-6 for duration of 3) is often misdone, and we shouldn't present that to the layman.

EDIT:

3-5 for duration.... *sigh* I'm never going to use researcher data... **** it.... it's so counter-intuitive.

When you start counting do you count "One...two...three" or "Zero...one...two"? Because the way we present the data means you count zero one two which is not something people naturally do when they count. Please don't tell me Yikarur and me are the only ones who see this?

Luxor

Smash Champion
I liked it when it explicitly said 3-5, but after saying 3 duration 3 and putting that in 6 characters' sheets I got over it. In my head I count off "3 duration: 3, 4, 5. 3-5."

SuSa, you're really starting to irritate me now. Nobody has to have done even a single data sheet to understand to count "3, 4, 5" when the hitframe is 3 and the duration is 3. Nobody that's on smashboards is that ****ing stupid, to the point where they can't follow a simple direction. Stop trying to paint the public as a lot of intelligence-challenged mental defects. You've reached a point where your arguments are simply too outlandishly blown out of proportion to be taken into serious consideration and it's obvious you only want it formatted that way just for the sake of having it your way.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Also, what rPSI said a long time ago. In the thread presented to the public, it's gonna be in the start frame - end frame format, so what are we arguing about the spreadsheet for? x.x It's done, let's move on.

SuSa

SuSa, you're really starting to irritate me now. Nobody has to have done even a single data sheet to understand to count "3, 4, 5" when the hitframe is 3 and the duration is 3. Nobody that's on smashboards is that ****ing stupid, to the point where they can't follow a simple direction. Stop trying to paint the public as a lot of intelligence-challenged mental defects. You've reached a point where your arguments are simply too outlandishly blown out of proportion to be taken into serious consideration and it's obvious you only want it formatted that way just for the sake of having it your way.
If that's how you see it. I'm arguing it because I don't expect more from society than I expect from myself.

At this, I see your argument as a personal attack. Apparently I'm too stupid to be in here.

I quit the Smash Lab.

Someone else can take up the pictures for the stage boundary thread. I set up an example that is very easy to stay consistent with and KayLo! took the time to gather pictures to make my example very easy to follow for every stage. That's the only project I have any personal ties to here in the Smash Lab, so that's my final comment.

Good day,
WTC117

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Haha... What the hell just happened?
I'm unsure why people were arguing this. It was already said it was gonna be in the 3-5 style for the public opposed to the duration 3 style. I don't know why SuSa/Yika both opted to argue about it when it was already gonna be published in their preferred style.

...and then drama.

Luxor

Smash Champion
What he said. 3-5 is more readable. The duration way lets you search the spreadsheet and list stuff better though, but that's not something the average joe needs anyway.

T-block

B2B TST
Everyone needs to chill.

SuSa, I don't know how serious you were, but nobody actually wants you to leave. Quitting over something like this is silly. Please take some time, calm down a bit, and reconsider.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Everyone needs to chill.

SuSa, I don't know how serious you were, but nobody actually wants you to leave. Quitting over something like this is silly. Please take some time, calm down a bit, and reconsider.
He can't read these posts anymore.

*Ahem.*

I wish I had something original to contribute, but everybody's pretty much said everything in terms what what I want to see (or don't see in some cases) in the format. Collapse tags help for condensing pictures.

Having brackets for finding specific information later is a nice touch. It won't help reading the first time, but oh well; they're hefty reads so it just helps when/if I need to get a piece of quick info on some details later.

$0.02.

Yikarur

Smash Master
-_(\ SuSa..

"The duration way lets you search the spreadsheet and list stuff better though"

explain pls.

Luxor

Smash Champion
You can reorganize spreadsheets by the values in them. Like a search function, so you could easily order a character's moves by duration and see "oh, x lasts 15 frames and so could punishspotdodges well."

Top Bottom