• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Character Competitive Impressions - Tourneys, Tiers, Theories, Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

ligersandtigons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChromToTheDome
3DS FC
4656-6292-5830
Switch FC
SW-2244-3437-3034
Is it safe to assume zero didn't go sheik because he has some new tricks up his sleeve that he didn't wanna spoil?

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
It just happened right now man. And it was amazing. ZeRo didn't hold back and he used Diddy Kong vs Nairo's Zero Suit. I think it was a 3 stock.
Two stock. Speaking of that set, from the look of things it does look like Zero Suit struggles in neutral against short characters relative to taller fighters. Nairo never had much of an opprotunity to use nair which sets up into so much of ZSS's combos.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Void was looking really crisp, I had know idea he was this good. Going toe to toe with Dabuz and Ally like that, incredible!

:150:

Iron Maw

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ironmaw
3DS FC
1091-8076-0883
Next crew battle is going to be all kinds of crazy!

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
The stream-side handling is about as bad as MVG atm. They need to fix all the tech errors before Sunday.

literally a slideshow right now. VGBC save us

Last edited:

Rikkhan

Smash Apprentice
The stream-side handling is about as bad as MVG atm. They need to fix all the tech errors before Sunday.

literally a slideshow right now. VGBC save us
Genesis stream is a big mess, I can't believe no one is fixing this crap, I mean this is probably the most important tournatment in smash 4 ffs how come they have this garbage quality stream.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That's debatable. Other upsets that I know of:
Ribs :4ness: 2-0 Mr. ConCon :4luigi:
JacobT :4pikachu: 2-1 over Denti :4sheik: (probably)
EKING :?: over MJG :4villager:

All of these people are still in losers, BTW.
EKING's a Mario and Ryu player from Puerto Rico. Power ranked at #5 as of their 12/18/15 PR.

Last edited:

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Man, WFT is so bad, she'll never accomplish anything worthwhile. Her hitboxes are terrible and stuff.
They are (relatively) terrible, did you miss out on how Rin won? By taking the advantage of WFT best feature, her projectile game, and her unique ability to force approaches while ledge camping by slowly herself. False really should've out-lamed her in return when he had stock advantage.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
He's playing against some guy named Oni-Heero.
Same person; different tags. Other examples: Larry Lurr was once known as DEHF and Max Ketchum was known as juice.Doom. There's probably more, but I don't remember like I think DJ Fliphop was also known as something else too.

Last edited:

Appledees

Smash Apprentice
False could've won those matches but for some reason he had to overcommit when Wii Fitt was camping even when he had the % advantage.

I'm not saying Wii Fiit isn't viable or anything and devaluing Rin's win but False made horribly stupid decisions during those matches.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
So now we have Ryu vs. Stallina. This will be interesting. I don't get to see this matchup too often.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
That's debatable. Other upsets that I know of:
Ribs :4ness: 2-0 over Mr. ConCon :4luigi:
JacobT :4pikachu: 2-1 over Denti :4sheik: (probably)
EKING :4mario:/:4ryu: over MJG :4villager:
DJ Fliphop :4diddy: 2-1 over SS :4villager:/:4ness:

All of these people are still in losers, BTW.
Nooooo our Luigi rep. Ahh well, any low tier of note doing well?

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
They are (relatively) terrible, did you miss out on how Rin won? By taking the advantage of WFT best feature, her projectile game, and her unique ability to force approaches while ledge camping by slowly herself. False really should've out-lamed her in return when he had stock advantage.
I'm being somewhat facetious but WFT is not a bad character. Unconventional, maybe, but not bad. She can play one of the best evasive games out of the cast and benefits from it immensely.

When I fight a WFT I know the resulting fight will be draining. She's not the best by a long shot but it takes thought to predict how she's move and attack

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Apachai's Ryu just took out falln's Rosalina & Luma. I feel like top 8 will have at least 3 Ryu players. There's already 9B, Trela, and I guess, False or Venom. The rest? Apachai looks all right, but I don't know, and I haven't seen EKING's Ryu ever... There's also Kei? I think that's his tag; he's a Japanese Ryu player who participated in Wombo Wednesday. There's a lot of strong Ryu players out there you can name.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Waymas' Wario is inspiring, man. So patient for the Waft setups.

Djent

Smash Champion
Apachai's Ryu just took out falln's Rosalina & Luma. I feel like top 8 will have at least 3 Ryu players. There's already 9B, Trela, and I guess, False or Venom. The rest? Apachai looks all right, but I don't know, and I haven't seen EKING's Ryu ever... There's also Kei? I think that's his tag; he's a Japanese Ryu player who participated in Wombo Wednesday. There's a lot of strong Ryu players out there you can name.
Kei got like 9th in his (deadly) pool FYI.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
A Game & Watch 2 stocking ESAM?!

2016 is a whole new year my god.

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
How did Regi lose to SlayerZ? I know SlayerZ is really good but come on now

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
So, Regi's G&W 2 stocked the best Pikachu in the world then 3 stocked the best Ike in the world.

Let that sink in.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Mexico and the rest of Latin America is one hell of a region. Come on, we should have known this; ZeRo, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom