• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Balance Discussion Topic: Vote for Next Week!!

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Ok the topics have gone well, but are there any characters we still need to do? I don't think we need to overhaul the cast. Sure Ganondorf and Jigglypuff could use some changes, but they don't need it.

What do you guys think? Who should we do next, if we even do one?

We have done:

Bowser
Yoshi
Samus
DeDeDe
Lucas

shanus

Smash Hero
I think this could be an awesome thing to coincide with each release. We have people post why the changes were made to individual chars in detail by well–established players in the community.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Yes but hopefully we won't need all 39 characters to be done. Maybe at a later date we can but this topic is meant to get more information from the community about what they feel about certain characters. Then we can discuss these changes back here. That was my idea at least.

Almas

Smash Lord
I think we have all the info on bowser that we need from The Cape. But otherwise, this looks good.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I figured Bowser would be a good start. We have him where we think he should be and it gives the community a chance to offer feedback. We probably won't change Bowser anymore but oh well. It also gives people a chance to see what kind of feedback we are looking for. Either way, class in 15 minutes. As soon as we post the next Beta I'll make this topic in the Workshop.

The Cape

Smash Master
Gonna play with some dudes this weekend. Will try to Brawl+ it and try out Beta 4.0 Bowser.

From what I have seen he looks brutal and the only changes I can think of are fixing his throws a bit and more KB on F smash.

Throws: D and U throw less KB, F and B more KB.

Edit: Also remove momentum on up and B? (Falcon and everyone else too)

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I'm having computer problems so I'm borrowing my roommates computer ATM. What that means is I'm gonna go ahead and post this topic in the Workshop since I probably won't be on the rest of the day.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Can you update the OP with whos been done so far? I think I know, but just to make sure

Also, we need more than The Cape's input on Bowser. We can't base everything off of one person.

Theres a possibility everyone needs tweaks. We can't depend on just ourselves. We should eventually do all 39 characters. We don't need to do them all before 4.0, maybe like 1/3 before 4.0, do another 1/3, then release 4.1, then to the final third.

However I do agree with Cape and think the ICs should have some discussion

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea, ICs is def one of the best bets

i still would like to see the infinites removed and ICs buffed in other ways to make em awesome. iv done a good amount of friendlies with ICs without using infinites, and they definitely have what it takes to be a good character outside infinites with some buffs.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
yea, ICs is def one of the best bets

i still would like to see the infinites removed and ICs buffed in other ways to make em awesome. iv done a good amount of friendlies with ICs without using infinites, and they definitely have what it takes to be a good character outside infinites with some buffs.
Well the IC topic is up. Post away to your hearts content.

Top Bottom