• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chapman 4.0 - Results on First page

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
I think this should be an exclusive Brawl tourney.
Forget Melee. That game is dead and plain out boring. No one takes the Melee brackets seriously anymore. It's a waste of time. Besides, things would probably move more smoothly if Melee wasn't involved.

That's my 2 cents for ya.

Anyway, I plan on placing higher than the last tourney. So watch out!
I've decided to go exclusively Marth this tourney. Maybe Ike but mainly Marth.

everything you say is opinionated, it's pretty ignorant to say nobody takes it seriously.

LuCKy

Smash Master
everything mike haze says is opinionated, it's pretty ignorant to say nobody takes it seriously.

i dont think there should be melee either..............just put guitar hero on the hd tv lol

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'll say again

do all the melee you want after i have to leave lol

i want to get the brawl stuff done while im there T-T

i have to BE somewhere by 8 pm (i think, it might be 9, but i'm pretty sure its 8)

i'm HOPING to enter brawl singles AND doubles

but we shall see, i wouldn't enter either if i didn't think i'd finish all the way through, eliminating people then leaving is no good, i wouldn't have entered a melee tourney if i had this situation either

anyways, i'm pretty sure we are doing both melee and brawl, so why even bother talking about it, melee doesn't die until ucla haha

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
everything mike haze says is opinionated, it's pretty ignorant to say nobody takes it seriously.
how is stating that somebody else is stating opinions an opinion? It's a FACT.

example:

Neighborhood P takes Melee seriously.

Therefore not EVERYBODY takes Melee not seriously.

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
There is going to be melee and brawl whether you people like it or not lol

The order of events is yet to be determined however brawl singles is probably going to be first

again, the events might run simultaneously for time efficiency, so don't think that brawl singles first means you can stroll in 5 hours late and still sign up for other shinanigans.

This is NOT the same venue as last week. This one IS at Chapman University, directions are on the first page. I don't think there is a microwave in the room, but I might just bring one.....

As far as how many set-ups of what systems... that ALL depends on you guys. Again, those who attend Chapman or bring brawl and/or TV's will NOT have to pay the $5 door entry fee.

As for the $5 entry fee, you all paid it to go to every San Bernardino tournament and that money went right in the churches pocket. This money is all going to go to an OC3 sized tournament I've begun planning that will take place hopefully sometime in May or June. All money profited at this tournament will be invested in the smash community so don't be torn up about $5.

This $5 doesn't cover entry into each event, unfortunately so sorry everyone. Each event will cost you additional.

I know you all have your strong feelings about Brawl right now but Chapman is simply a host event so that for those of you who don't own the game, you have a chance to play and not fall behind just cause it's not out yet. I wanted everyone to have the chance to play, and also hold a tournament for those who want to see how they measure up already in the community. I think I speak on practically everyones behalf when i say if you have something negative to say about Brawl or Melee just keep it to yourself. We'll all form our own opinions in time and no one needs a negative nancy ruining a perfectly good game for everyone else.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Pretty sure that's Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Revival.
Derek, how could you skip Guilty Gear in your quest for fast paced games?

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
whoa whoa whoa, you PEDO!!! I was just thinking you were being all cheap, not the normal cheap, but the "I love money" cheap

NG_Stop

Smash Journeyman
Kim & I will be there, mostly to get a chance to see brawl for the first time since E-For-All.

Could you do the brawl singles/doubles first or run them side by side? I think it's safe to say that M-O-S-T people (note: not all) are more excited to play brawl than melee again, and I for one don't wanna be there for too long waiting to try it out.

Either way, this tournament's too good. we'll see ya tomorrow!

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
Brawl singles will probably be first, but again like i mentioned before, it depends on the turn out for sign ups for everything

Everything starts at 12 for those of you too lazy to look at the first page. Things will be starting on time this time so DO NOT be late. Thank you everyone!!! ^____^

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Oh, I'd like to point out that I was really let down because of the lack of live mariachi music last saturday. I really hope that the mariachi band will be there this time. :(

Top Bottom