• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changing Color Effects in Melee!

MisterKrujo

Smash Rookie
Hello :) I Installed a few days go new Laser Colors for Falco but in the DAT there are diffrent files for PAL and NTSC, and they only worked in NTSC....
What can i use (and how) for pal in 20XX 4.05.

Last edited:

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Hello :) I Installed a few days go new Laser Colors for Falco but in the DAT there are diffrent files for PAL and NTSC, and they only worked in NTSC....
What can i use (and how) for pal in 20XX 4.05.
"Plfc.pat" is what you're gunna wanna look for.

Last edited:

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Can i just rename or insert in a NTSC File?
You could, but the character will no longer be pal. You can still toggle it, but if you still want it to be pal, you'll have manually hex edit it or use the laser changer program.

edit: but if the dat is different from ntsc, then the laser changer program might not work I'd assume.

Last edited:

Fire Shaddow

Smash Rookie
This probably seems lazy of me but could someone help me out? I have downloaded some of these awesome recolors but I have no idea how to replace them in my game file. I've modded PM before but am completely new to melee modding. I have 20XX 4.05 just to be clear. Any help is greatly appreciated. Links or Videos especially!

Last edited:

IndigoSamus

Smash Cadet

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Hey guys -

I downloaded the "Shadow Sword" texture pack for Marth, which gives him darkness effects on Dair, meteor hit sideB, and neutral B. I was wondering if anybody knew how to change the coloring of the darkness effect, as I haven't been able to find anything on that in these forums.

Giraphe

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1821-9946-0555
I saw many people with a red white and blue shine if anyone has a download link it would be much appreciated

blue firefox and red side b if ya have those too would also be sick

Last edited:

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
I saw many people with a red white and blue shine if anyone has a download link it would be much appreciated

blue firefox and red side b if ya have those too would also be sick
I have red side b

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Can someone please make a pink side B? Please!

Last edited:

s0da is bad for you

Smash Rookie
Purple shine-

Just ripped this directly from tatahackpack. I made sure to render it with the best settings available.
[Download here]
[edit: should I have posted this somewhere else??]
I took it upon myself to fix something that was bugging me with the Dark purple firefox/firebird modification. I noticed that the firefox flame texture was jagged and lacked the transparency the original had. I can tell that this was a mistake in how the texture was edited, so I took the original texture and edited the hue in photoshop to match the purple colour theme. This resulted in a much cleaner texture more in line with the look of the original.

Here's a before and after comparison:

Tested on dolphin and console.
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/modbox8bezzlcy1/PurpleFirefox2.0.7z

Kind of an odd first post, but I guess something had to bring me out of lurking. I'm hoping to get more into melee modding as it seems really fun. Hopefully this is appreciated.

Original download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/svapzmoswt13xpx/PurpleDark_Firefox1.rar

Credit:
Lanceinthepants Lanceinthepants for creating the original
When i get both this shine and the purple firefox it makes the firefox it's regular orange color how do i make it so i have both the purple firefox with the purple shine (purple firefox works by itself)

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
When i get both this shine and the purple firefox it makes the firefox it's regular orange color how do i make it so i have both the purple firefox with the purple shine (purple firefox works by itself)
You have to make the changes of both in the same EfFxData.dat, I can make you a file with both. :)

PoonTycoon

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have the Ganon shadow effect on falco's Dair? Its not in the original Darkness Project download.

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Does anyone have the Ganon shadow effect on falco's Dair? Its not in the original Darkness Project download.
You should just use crazyhand to edit it. It's pretty easy plus you get to keep your .dat how you want it, if you have it customized.

s0da is bad for you

Smash Rookie
could you also add this purple laser to the file with purple spacie up b and shine i can't get it to work.

Last edited:

s0da is bad for you

Smash Rookie

Name: White and Purple Blaster w/ Light Purple Lasers (Fox only)
By: ZoraSmash
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/03729fdna0k42sc/PlFx.dat

Name: Dark Purple Blaster w/ Dark Purple Lasers (Falco Only)
By: ZoraSmash
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/25ixnv62uxp9153/PlFc.dat
could you also add this purple laser to the file with purple spacie up b and shine i can't get it to work.

Bftws

Smash Rookie
Realized I posted in the wrong thread, but does anyone know how to edit the blue tint on fox/falco when holding shine?
Or if not does anyone know a good way to start looking for the address?

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Realized I posted in the wrong thread, but does anyone know how to edit the blue tint on fox/falco when holding shine?
Or if not does anyone know a good way to start looking for the address?
read op?

Last edited:

Bftws

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the help LOL

Nah man Ive read every page in this thread multiple times. There's a ton it seems people don't know and I have no coding experience I'm just a graphics guy and I'm just wondering if people have figured more stuff out.

In regard to reading the op, I've searched EfFxData.dat, and PIFx.dat for 070707, 4248, 9800, and CF refs and trial and error'd as many as I could find that looked like color references (I think I've literally spent 20 hours the past 2 days on this now). A few of them crashed the game at parts and none of them changed the tint. I saw someone used developer dolphin to check the memory address being referenced in game when lasering, I tried to use dev mode but I honestly had no idea what I was doing.

Tint I'm talking about

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the help LOL

Nah man Ive read every page in this thread multiple times. There's a ton it seems people don't know and I have no coding experience I'm just a graphics guy and I'm just wondering if people have figured more stuff out.

In regard to reading the op, I've searched EfFxData.dat, and PIFx.dat for 070707, 4248, 9800, and CF refs and trial and error'd as many as I could find that looked like color references (I think I've literally spent 20 hours the past 2 days on this now). A few of them crashed the game at parts and none of them changed the tint. I saw someone used developer dolphin to check the memory address being referenced in game when lasering, I tried to use dev mode but I honestly had no idea what I was doing.

Tint I'm talking about
Oh. I know what that is. Its an Aura. You'll have to search through for a completely unknown format that I have very little documentation on. Might be in the PlCo.dat c:
Sorry. Just saying it as it is. If you want SOME documentation. I have an example of one. Never figured that stuff out completely though. I'll post the documentation I have on it in about an hour or so. Don't have the file on hand at this moment.

Last edited:

Bftws

Smash Rookie
Oh. I know what that is. Its an Aura. You'll have to search through for a completely unknown format that I have very little documentation on. Might be in the PlCo.dat c:
Sorry. Just saying it as it is. If you want SOME documentation. I have an example of one. Never figured that stuff out completely though. I'll post the documentation I have on it in about an hour or so. Don't have the file on hand at this moment.
Damnnnnn i was worried it would be something like that. From what I've seen those aura effects are scattered randomly throughout? Assuming its the same as adding darkness or lightning to fox's firefox. Documentation would be sick if you have stuff

DRGN

Technowizard
Thanks for the help LOL

Tint I'm talking about
If you're repeatedly testing things by making changes, booting the game, and then stopping it to make more changes, you might really like this thread: Using Cheat Engine with Dolphin. That allows you to make changes to the game while it's running, so you can immediately see what happens and you don't even have to stop Dolphin.

As tatatat said, it looks like it might be controlled by code. Similar to when you grab an edge and flash white, or in mods like flashing red when missing an L-cancel. I've never written a code for that, but you might find more info looking around in the codes subforum for that sort of thing. You might even find a code that has been written to deal with an aura/tint that has some notes with it to explain some of how it works.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Damnnnnn i was worried it would be something like that. From what I've seen those aura effects are scattered randomly throughout? Assuming its the same as adding darkness or lightning to fox's firefox. Documentation would be sick if you have stuff
Body auras.
Change the byte @ 0x3CD1. This is part of his lowspecial subaction script data (the stuff Crazy Hand shows you).

And that offset is for grounded down-b. There should be another for aerial down-b.

Bftws

Smash Rookie
If you're repeatedly testing things by making changes, booting the game, and then stopping it to make more changes, you might really like this thread: Using Cheat Engine with Dolphin. That allows you to make changes to the game while it's running, so you can immediately see what happens and you don't even have to stop Dolphin.

As tatatat said, it looks like it might be controlled by code. Similar to when you grab an edge and flash white, or in mods like flashing red when missing an L-cancel. I've never written a code for that, but you might find more info looking around in the codes subforum for that sort of thing. You might even find a code that has been written to deal with an aura/tint that has some notes with it to explain some of how it works.
Wow that is sick gonna check that out.

Body auras.
Change the byte @ 0x3CD1. This is part of his lowspecial subaction script data (the stuff Crazy Hand shows you).

And that offset is for grounded down-b. There should be another for aerial down-b.
Holy **** you're the GOAT idk how I hadn't found that post before with all the posts I've looked through, cheers!

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
if yall really wanna test your powers with the force, you can try to figure out how to change the color of the hand (grabber) in the CSS

NeilBolima

Smash Rookie
So i tried to change the color of Marth's Sword swing. I went to HxD changed the correct color files. Saved it. Imported it with GCRebuilder. Opened the new iso. And every time i load a stage with marth it freezes. Help me please.

Edit: The part that i am worried about is where i changed the hex color code. I used the code you showed in your example on the first tutorial when you were first talking about sword hitboxes. i think it was like 3940. I dont know if i changed the right code.

Edit: never mind. Figured it out. I didnt import it correctly.

Last edited:

NeilBolima

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to have one color marth have a certain color swing, and another color marth have a different color swing. If so please tell me. Thx.

DRGN

Technowizard
if yall really wanna test your powers with the force, you can try to figure out how to change the color of the hand (grabber) in the CSS
Like this?
20XX04-2.png

Info on this here, in the first section, "Changing Fundamental Texture Properties". Basically, you need to change the image type to use _5 instead of _3.

Attached are these hand textures, if anyone wants to try some stuff with them. They were an unfinished experiment though, and the aspects that interact with the coin don't align to the right part of the image.

Attachments

Top Bottom