• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Challenger Pack 11 Reaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Congrats to the people who wanted Sora, I know there are plenty on here to whom this means the world. He's not my cup of tea, but I've long since been satisfied, so that doesn't matter, the more important thing is that Ultimate goes out on the high note that it deserves to.

It's been a privilege to see how Smash has continuously evolved to become what it is today, I doubt we'll ever see a project like this ever again, so make sure to enjoy the rest of today.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It started with Pony freaking out over Joker
And ends with him freaking out over Sora

You can't make this stuff up.
While you all were playing in the kiddy pool with your little "speculation game."

I WAS IN SAKURAI'S HEAD THE ENTIRE TIME

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Wow. This is it. It's officially the end of an era. Even though this installment of Smash has its own issues, it was still a great game and I will always remember it fondly for having the largest roster to date. All the hype and speculation... and they ended it on a very, very high note. Good game, Sakurai.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Over an hour after the fact and I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Sora actually got in. He was probably the biggest never-ever character that was speculated. For someone whose odds were slimmer than Ridley, Sephiroth, Steve, or Banjo (and this is coming from a diehard Banjo fan), topping the game off with Sora is honestly the perfect note to end Ultimate on. It's been one hell of a ride

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
Bruh SMTV will sell fine.

Chill.

You kinda did this to yourself.
If I had come to the smashboards forum a year earlier I would have been completely right in my prediction because I started out predicting SMT V protag but I changed that prediction when the Mario theme parks popped up to Sora before going back to Nahobino after E3, this isn’t about upset being wrong.

This is just the worst possible outcome(worse than Jonesy)and I am legitimately worried about Nintendo now.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
The only fighter I got that I wanted beforehand was Steve. And yet, I'm walking away from this a very happy Momo. Lots of characters I came to really like, and others that I can't help but respect the inclusion of. I had my MWs and all, but this was probably the best way they could have ended it. Cinderace doomers nowhere to be found.

I'll be enjoying Ultimate for a long time to come, but knowing that it is, in one sense, finished is an interesting feeling. There's plenty of modding to do, though, so I suppose that will be fun.

GAME!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also not only was the leak real, but Sakurai's tweets absolutely set this reveal up.

His tweet about not knowing, but maybe knowing who it is comes off as a sly remark due to how iconic Sora is, The transcending gaming, is literally what Sora does in his game.

Its crazy how everything came together.

Also lowkey, the Walmart Music theory kinda makes sense.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Also not only was the leak real, but Sakurai's tweets absolutely set this reveal up.

His tweet about not knowing, but maybe knowing who it is comes off as a sly remark due to how iconic Sora is, The transcending gaming, is literally what Sora does in his game.

Its crazy how everything came together.

Also lowkey, the Walmart Music theory kinda makes sense.
Walmart Music theory? I don't remember that.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Usually, when you get a sketchy 4Chan leak with info that could be real, a lot of coincidences
that look like they may tie into a character but actually are just pure luck, and people overhyping themselves into oblivion, it doesn’t end well.

But Sakurai’s a miracle worker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom