• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

Thany

Smash Journeyman
...o.o... Thany, you never stop to amase me... In every meaning of the word.
Yesterday 02:21 AM
Why thank you :3

Though the day when we have less terrible Marth sounds and the far more devastating sounds of Roy's old Forward Smash... shall be a day I weep with joy.
Totally. Though, I find all of Brawl's Non-Ike Sword sounds are...bland.
Just a "Bzzvnt" that...Like, ALOT of other moves have. Also, how the visual effect
of being hit with a sword has that purple, curvy wave thing? Heck, PEACH has effects
like that...Her dash attack, for instance... ;_;

>.< Besides that, it's not like we haven't already cracked how to replace sounds in this game, so how come Roy has been forgotten like this? The thread was nearly dead up until just recently.
To be frank...People don't possess the level of interest in Roy that I do, that's a
reason sadly...

Plus, I mean, they purposely made Marth better than him preformance-wise in
Melee, and even in his own game he's held back by a literal end-game promotion
(Assuming you didn't snag all the divine weapons along the way, but even then that's
...All of 3 extra chapters...)

And ,God..."True" hardcore FE fans love to bash the poor little guy and praise
Leaf(FE 5) like he's God...Ick... ;_; Or maybe it's FE 4 Leaf they're praising., THAT Leaf
is a demon after he gains some levels >:3 8
Also complaining about the removal of skills in the GBA games starting with FE6...

Then again, maybe these people just don't have alot of time...(Hackers, I mean.
The Roy-bashers never sleep and have less of a life than ~I~ do, apparently...)
...Or possible laziness...Many many sides to this story... *shrug*

Roy's stats cap at 25!? They cap at 20 at the previous rank.. that's got to be the worst Class Up for any Fire Emblem character.
True, but given how low the growth rates are in FE6, I wouldn't worry(Plus, I blow all
my funds these days on stat-up items in the secret shop in chapter 21 to buff Roy
and let him rip loose on the final chapter solo...Well, I bring Lalum and she holds more
weapons, too :3)

Also, even top tier characters like Dieck(Deke...Rhymes with Zeke and doesn't look like
a more offensive nickname for "Richard"?) and Rutger(Rutoga...Yuck...) I find are
still kinda bad. Nobody has terribly grand growths in FE6.
(Excluding Rutger's supports that let him EXCEED 100% CRITICAL! O.O')

... Least he gets all the ladies.
Mmm...Yum~ ;3
Although I take my username from his Blue-haired, genki girl option, I still like to
pair him up with Lalum, personally. I'm a red-head fiend ;3

Sword of Seals actually used to heal?

Yup! Heals 30 HP when used as an item :3

...But that takes a use out of it...And with only 20 uses total... ;_;

...Oy, Marth's Falchion never runs out, and Ike doesn't even NEED Ragnell until
the higher levels of difficulty in FE 9 or 10 and ITs unbreakable...
...AND gives +3 defense when the man's a tank in both games... ;_;

Why not cut our poor red-haired woobie-pimp Lord some slack? <:3

-- I'm guessing you want something like this for his taunt, Thany?

Actually, that works awesomely well :D

Just altering it a bit so he doesn't sheathe it at the beginning or end of the taunt,
and BOOM. Done~ :3
...But making him, perhaps, hold it in his right hand the whole time, or simply keeping
both hands together throughout seems easier to animate.

Makes for a nice, iconic, "throw-back" taunt like Mario's "game over" taunt from Donkey Kong :D

ONE MORE THING!!!

To those making size mods...

Marth and Roy are actually almost the same height in Melee.

If they both stand up as straight as can be, Roy's only shorter than
Marth by about 1/4 of Marth's head.

...Roy has HUMONGOUS hands and feet compared to his feminine
counterpart, too, but Marth has slightly thicker, less noodly arms.
Pop in Melee and check if you'd like. ;P

Ryo242

Smash Ace
o.o I heart you.

I prefer partnering him up with Liliana as a canonical approach, plus they are sorta suited for each other in my opinion. I do see the tactical advantage of having him paired with Talum, much like the Support conversation with Hector and Nils that enables you to defeat the Fire Dragon on the first turn.

I know that I don't have a lot of time, and my current health is in the decline till after some surgery.. then it's recovery time and me being on the computer so I might be able to figure out how to replace voices and stuff.

Who was it that said that female attractions in Fire Emblem games is inversely proportional to the stats of the main character?

Ike = Best Lord (stat wise) = no girls.
Roy = Worst Lord (stat wise) = harem style.

Sides, I liked Thani. She reminded me of the other Pegasus Knights from Fire Emblem 7. Also what I usually nickname my female Phanpy's. I'm also hoping that one day within the near future, Nintendo decides to treat all the people that are Fire Emblem starved over here (After they finish buying the rights to the phrase: "It's on like Donkey Kong." =-= Seriously.. ), they release Fire Emblem six with some proper stat growths.. maybe in a format similar to Radiant Dawn. DIFFICULT, but so much more rewarding.

... but then they might give Roy an English Voice Actor... *shudder*

Back to talking about Brawl.

1st taunt = Roy's from Melee. Probably will take a few days to code if someone sits down and works on it. Sounds not included yet..

2nd taunt = The one that he does using his critical, raising the sword above his head and it catching fire, but without swinging it forward, just sheathing it like a total bad***. *imagines happily* Then of course bringing it back out. =-= Another few days of coding.

3rd taunt = Roy throwing his sword up and catching it OR raising it in front of his face like Marth used to, but a shining SCHWING noise going up the blade.. a tribute to Eliwood's Durandal attack and normal Lord critical respectively. ... Do I even want to know how much coding that will take?

>_<; As for Forward Smash, it's nice.. but I swear that should be the first sound that needs to be replaced with the Slash from Melee or something unique but still just as satisfying to hit with.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
o.o I heart you.
Aww, thanks. That's sweet of you <:3

I know that I don't have a lot of time, and my current health is in the decline till after some surgery.. then it's recovery time and me being on the computer so I might be able to figure out how to replace voices and stuff.

That's really sad...I'm so sorry to hear about that...*huggles* Hope you can get
better soon... ;_;

I'm also hoping that one day within the near future, Nintendo decides to treat all the people that are Fire Emblem starved over here (After they finish buying the rights to the phrase: "It's on like Donkey Kong." =-= Seriously.. ), they release Fire Emblem six with some proper stat growths.. maybe in a format similar to Radiant Dawn. DIFFICULT, but so much more rewarding.
Yeah. I'm still antsy waiting for FE3's DS remake. It sounds like THE best FE EVER, and I
worry they won't release it up here... ;_; ...Plus, Shadow Dragon's class swapping thing,
I personally LOVE. I have played through SD more times than I can count. I mean, I
beat FE6 at lest 22 times, but Reclass adds replay value, despite the grumbling of the
"hardcore stop-having-fun FE fandom"

... but then they might give Roy an English Voice Actor... *shudder*
*vomits* As "Mamoru beki mono no tame ni...Makerarenai!" could easily become
an "I fight for my friends" clone ;_;

As Ike's JP version of that quote was VERY similar:
"Mamoru beki mono no tame ni...Tatakai daketa!"
(For those whom I must protect...I will fight/I must fight/All I can do is fight.")

But yes...
I really want that "Boku wa Makenai" voice clip to get used.
My fav victory in Melee was the "Mamoru beki..." one, but it feels a shame to let
"Boku wa makenai" go to waste.

Figured it'd be easier to tack it onto a taunt than program him to use one of two lines
on the results/victory screen...Or maybe not. I don't know a thing aboot programming.
I'm more of a graphics girl.

Plus, putting it on a taunt, it makes more sense. I mean, would you rather say
"I will not lose" then beat the opposition down, or say it AFTER the fight is over, where,
given that it's referring to a past tense conflict(To me, anyway)where it makes less sense?
(Nevermind. Maybe he's saying he' unbeatable?...That makes him seem cocky, like Marth
if that is the case...)

...Great, NOW I'm lost in my own analogy... ;_;

3rd taunt = Roy throwing his sword up and catching it OR raising it in front of his face like Marth used to, but a shining SCHWING noise going up the blade.. a tribute to Eliwood's Durandal attack and normal Lord critical respectively. ... Do I even want to know how much coding that will take?
This one actually seems to me that it'd be the easiest one.
Just take Marth's Up taunt, stop the animation before the sword thrusts skyward,
then, perhaps, have some sort of shining effect crawl up the blade? Maybe? o.o???

As for the SCHWING...Audio hack I guess...Or maybe the sound of Marth sheathing Falchion?

PS. Added you on MSN.

PPS. What does that mean, the words in your sig? Sounds familiar...
Is it the JP version of "Prepare yourself"? >:3 8

Ryo242

Smash Ace
It is. That also happens to be one of my four online taunts in Brawl.

The other three being:
"Kioku shi'taka?"
"Doushi'ta Doushi'ta?!"
"Kurayami ni shi-zume!"

Cookie if you can figure those out without Googling them directly.

Back to topic!

So basically, we are all in agreement that the vast majority of Roy's new moveset is good and done, now we're just nit picking the various improvements to winning and taunting and sound and general Brawl fun?

As well as any other physical adjustments to his person.

Another thing I was wondering about is since Marth's sword got shorter, was Roy's lengthened to match his Melee (or even his Fire Emblem sword length, since that thing is pretty ridiculously sized).

Another thing warranting investigation is how many sounds Brawl Marth has in comparison to Melee Marth, since swapping sound would be good. I think the last thing I want is a way to play as both Marth and Roy (how else would we be able to determine which is better? Besides looking at their hair)... but that's something people have been working on and no one has figured out yet.

I agree that having him say "Boku wa Makenai" mid battle, would be good. That would be for the 2nd taunt I had, which is the raising above his head and then fire spreading across.. Punishable for the lag, but way cool enough to do it anyway. The third would already have its sound, and the first is too cool to tamper with. What about for his victory taunts at the end?

1st: Melee victory wherein he swings wide up and then down, posing and speaking.. can't remember which is which, which sucks cuz I have the game literally next to me.. >,< Just not a television to hook it up to.

2nd: Melee victory wherein Roy spins his sword and then the sheath noise happens as he brings it down diagonally to the ground. Also followed by a victory speech.

3rd: ... still blank.

Another problem I have with him is that Double Edge Dance is ridiculously easy to get out of when compared to Marth's Dancing Blade.. =-= shoot, even my friend that never plays the game can just DI out of it. Since it's a special move, I would suggest it having special properties that prevent that easy of an escape.

EDIT: I just noticed that someone has been working on a clone engine..

PS: Thani is online most of the time when? -.o

EDIT: Thani is light magic. Thany is the girl. >_< *Fail*

Thany

Smash Journeyman
It is. That also happens to be one of my four online taunts in Brawl.

The other three being:
"Kioku shi'taka?"
"Doushi'ta Doushi'ta?!"
"Kurayami ni shi-zume!"

Cookie if you can figure those out without Googling them directly.
*shrug* I'm afraid I don't know for a single one <:3
The "Kurayami" one makes me think of a black/dark night, though...

So basically, we are all in agreement that the vast majority of Roy's new moveset is good and done, now we're just nit picking the various improvements to winning and taunting and sound and general Brawl fun?

As well as any other physical adjustments to his person.
Essentially.
I find that I like bits and pieces of each of the 3 Roys that exist:

sageof6paths's Roy wins in the hair department.
Pik's has the face.
And BeyondYou wins for the rest of the model.

...Hence, why I think they should collaborate and make a PERFECT Roy!
Go Teamwork!

...With me on the sidelines, giving them helpful advice on Roy's appearance.
For example(basing this on BeyondYou's Roy) Roy could use...

1. Slightly bulkier hands

2. Larger feet and chunkier boots overall

3. Roy's Body armor needs to be more rounded and have the back part
created, as well as the..."straps"? that connect from and back be Roy-ified.
(Shoulders are fine, however. Just his torso armor looks too...Pointed,
jagged, and Marth-like. BeyondYou's is the...Hm...I guess the best in dealing
with these issues so far, but I do find his body was the best one in terms of
making a SmashBros. based Roy as well :3)

4. Giving Roy's tunic that part in the collar, like Pik's Roy.

5. Making Roy have larger eyes maybe? In Melee, the key difference between
Marth and Roy's faces were that Roy had a shorter, rounder face with MUCH
larger eyes and a more up-turned nose.(But taking Marth's Brawl design into
account kinda mucks this comparison up a bit...The face is prolly okay for now...
especially if it's the Pik-Roy's face we use :D)

6. The cape: Roy's cape only goes down to about the back of his knees in Melee.
...But from what I can tell, trying to make his cape be that long in Brawl is quite
troublesome for some reason...Oh well...Still something we'll have to figure out
at some point I guess...

Yeah. A bit of work, but it's all awesomely well done so far. As a fellow artist, and
someone who knows nothing of vertexing/texturing, etc, I can really appreciate
the time, trouble and effort you guys went through to make these. :3

Another thing I was wondering about is since Marth's sword got shorter, was Roy's lengthened to match his Melee (or even his Fire Emblem sword length, since that thing is pretty ridiculously sized).
I always thought that Roy's sword should be longer, so he can hit with the strongest part
of it as easily as Marth can reach with a tip.

Fun fact: In Melee, Roy's sword has THREE points you can hit with.
The tip(weak) The middle of the blade(moderate) and the HILT ITSELF(Most powerful)
I mean, he may as well be wearing sword-proof gloves, holding the blade and
BEATING people with the golden, jewel encrusted hilt! o_o

Another thing warranting investigation is how many sounds Brawl Marth has in comparison to Melee Marth, since swapping sound would be good. I think the last thing I want is a way to play as both Marth and Roy (how else would we be able to determine which is better? Besides looking at their hair)... but that's something people have been working on and no one has figured out yet.
Melee Marth has 46 sounds.
Brawl Marth has 67.

And I think we can all agree that they are an equally sexy duo~ ;3
Heck, I find they compliment each other. Got sort of a Ryu and Ken thing going <:3
Ike can be Dan, as he's endearingly goofy >w>

What about for his victory taunts at the end?
1st: Melee victory wherein he swings wide up and then down, posing and speaking.. can't remember which is which, which sucks cuz I have the game literally next to me.. >,< Just not a television to hook it up to.
My time to shine >:3 8

The "B" victory where he swings the sword in a manner that seems semi-similar
to Marth's second AA slash, into a diffrently angled F-Tilt.

2nd: Melee victory wherein Roy spins his sword and then the sheath noise happens as he brings it down diagonally to the ground. Also followed by a victory speech.

Kinda explained by Mr.Ryo already... ;3

3rd: ... still blank.
Time to save the day!

The "X" victory, where he runs his free hand along the blade, then quickly maneuvers
it overhead twice and spouts the phrase for this win pose.

Another problem I have with him is that Double Edge Dance is ridiculously easy to get out of when compared to Marth's Dancing Blade.. =-= shoot, even my friend that never plays the game can just DI out of it. Since it's a special move, I would suggest it having special properties that prevent that easy of an escape.
Melee or Brawl's DED? I find Marth's Swords dance is nigh useless in Melee.
Still...Uhh...Can't play hacked(read:AWESOME) Brawl yet... ;_; *impoverished*

EDIT: I just noticed that someone has been working on a clone engine..
Dantarion sama~ <3 <3 <3

PS: Thani is online most of the time when? -.o
Check the PM I sent ya~ ;3

Lordy. Well, I gotta go soak in a hot bath for a bit. 'til next time. Toodles~ ;3

Ryo242

Smash Ace
*shrug* I'm afraid I don't know for a single one <:3
The "Kurayami" one makes me think of a black/dark night, though...
In order-
"Got it Memorized?" (side taunt, so Ike says "Prepare yourself," just at the same time.)
"What's wrong!?" (Like tauntingly, Japanese is awesome. Also said by Axel.)
"Sink into the darkness!" (Though so much cooler when said by Shuuichi Ikeda, aka Marluxia)

No cookies rewarded this round. >,<

Essentially.
I find that I like bits and pieces of each of the 3 Roys that exist:

Pik's has the face.

...Hence, why I think they should collaborate and make a PERFECT Roy!
Go Teamwork!

...With me on the sidelines, giving them helpful advice on Roy's appearance.
For example(basing this on BeyondYou's Roy) Roy could use...

I like the way you phrased all that, as well as the various changes. When the aforementioned clone engine is finished, I would love for it to show the very big difference between the two characters, proving that Roy is not a clone of Marth. =-= It's technically the other way around *cough*

I always thought that Roy's sword should be longer, so he can hit with the strongest part
of it as easily as Marth can reach with a tip.

Fun fact: In Melee, Roy's sword has THREE points you can hit with.
The tip(weak) The middle of the blade(moderate) and the HILT ITSELF(Most powerful)
I mean, he may as well be wearing sword-proof gloves, holding the blade and
BEATING people with the golden, jewel encrusted hilt! o_o
Did not know that, so why don't we just make that happen next time? Swordless Roy... =-=; Eh...

Melee Marth has 46 sounds.
Brawl Marth has 67.

And I think we can all agree that they are an equally sexy duo~ ;3
Heck, I find they compliment each other. Got sort of a Ryu and Ken thing going <:3
Ike can be Dan, as he's endearingly goofy >w>
I don't get the reference, but basically the person programming is going to have to replace 67 sounds (or at least the most important ones)?

My time to shine >:3 8
Indeed, but I don't to clog up the forum with duplicate pictures. >_<; Very nice work by the way.

Thany said:
Time to save the day!
Day Officially saved.

Melee or Brawl's DED? I find Marth's Swords dance is nigh useless in Melee.
Still...Uhh...Can't play hacked(read:AWESOME) Brawl yet... ;_; *impoverished*
Actually.. I do think that Marth's D-S is not as great in Melee as it is in Brawl. In Brawl, it's a very big staple due to the fact that most multihit moves actually *gasp* multi-hit. Since he got a buff, why is Roy's DED (which is infinitely cooler, yet a lot more powerful) still weak due to the fact that it's so easy to get out of? I'd opt to get rid of the power hits for some guaranteed sexy combos... Course, that's my opinion. As for being able to play hacked Brawl.. ;_; that is sad..

Check the PM I sent ya~ ;3

Lordy. Well, I gotta go soak in a hot bath for a bit. 'til next time. Toodles~ ;3
Did that, responded.. and now imagining that last bit.. ... ...

I expect that some time in December (after college lets out, and roughly after some throat surgery), I will be working on this constantly.. I would start now, but I literally would get so carried away I'd fail college. =-=; I get pretty dedicated sometimes.

If I remember correctly, Eldiran's Link has some nifty moves that are not part of Link's repertoire.. Why is this not utilized more for Roy to make his moveset different further from Marth's, yet still loyal to his original Melee form?

... Still not done thinking about that bath... ... I could use one too.. >.<;

RoytheRoyalBoy

Smash Cadet
uhmm... that was the animation for my final smash idea ._.
... o.o what the hell?
http://serenesforest.net/fe6/class_cap.html

Roy's stats cap at 25!? They cap at 20 at the previous rank.. that's got to be the worst Class Up for any Fire Emblem character.

... Least he gets all the ladies.

Why is that relevant? It's not. Now onto something relevant.

http://serenesforest.net/fe6/sword.htm

Am I reading that right? Sword of Seals actually used to heal? That could be integrated into his Final Smash. I would like to see a move that brings back that good ole trick that he used to have in Melee wherein a fully charged Flare Blade would explode into a nice fiery explosion.. just bigger and less dangerous to his damage. There used to be a little sprite of him doing his normal ranged attack that resulted in a move like Elfire, which would be closest to Ike's final hit of Great Aether...not that helpful since we're already using that animation.

There's no official name for the ranged move of the Sealed Sword, so I would guess a naming is in order. Since the Sealed Sword does bonus damage to dragons (and dragon type enemies), I would have to go with Dragon Slayer.

Which is kinda ironic considering he's half dragon via Ninian... And it also happens to be the name Prima gave to his Forward Smash in the Melee Strategy guide. (Amazing that I remembered that!)

http://guides.ign.com/guides/16387/page_28.html

Which can be found there.

-- I'm guessing you want something like this for his taunt, Thany?

Also, to quote the Wiki page for his victory speeches..

I only remember him saying three, so not sure if he says that fourth.. I guess I can go back and play for an hour or two and be sure...

And there we go. He has four.
Sound Test in Melee yields four victory taunts:
27, 33, 28 are the ones listed and the one Thani said is number 16.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
It wasnt a recolor he only ported a meele texture to Pik Roy and moved a dot vertex of his hair
Exactly.

Thany said:

Pik's has the face.

But really, sageof6paths's face is the same as Pik's, so it'd just be mixing sageof6paths with beyondYou's, following her belief.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Actually, comparing these two pictures, sageof6paths's Roy and
Pik's Roy look...vastly different to me.
(Sans the brawl-like texture and they melee textures they use)

Piks' has somewhat thinner hair on the side that juts out to his right, plus Pik's Roy has the
more Roy-like gloves...And, I find, a different looking face, but I could be crazy...

sageof6paths has fuller looking hair(looks more like
Melee Roy's I find :3), I find, but it also has the same gloves as Marth
(or at least sooo similar that they aren't Roy-like...Maybe that's just
a texture? I don't think so if memory serves...) given how far they stretch up his arms...
Plus(I'm sorry I gave a bad pic for comparing armor...)I...Uhh...I remember the armor
looking kinda different between the two of them...Oh well...

Hmm...I kinda like Pik's overall the best nowadays...
Wonder if he made recolours...?

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
Actually, comparing these two pictures, sageof6paths's Roy and
Pik's Roy look...vastly different to me.
(Sans the brawl-like texture and they melee textures they use)

Piks' has somewhat thinner hair on the side that juts out to his right, plus Pik's Roy has the
more Roy-like gloves...And, I find, a different looking face, but I could be crazy...

sageof6paths has fuller looking hair(looks more like
Melee Roy's I find :3), I find, but it also has the same gloves as Marth
(or at least sooo similar that they aren't Roy-like...Maybe that's just
a texture? I don't think so if memory serves...) given how far they stretch up his arms...
Plus(I'm sorry I gave a bad pic for comparing armor...)I...Uhh...I remember the armor
looking kinda different between the two of them...Oh well...

Hmm...I kinda like Pik's overall the best nowadays...
Wonder if he made recolours...?
Uh... ****, can't believe I'm doing this. -_-

Rather than looking at screenshots, look at these, the diferences are pretty clear here:

Open them both and see one then the other one, the only diferences are pretty clear doing that.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
I personally prefer the grittier one to the cartoonier one.. Or rather, Pik's to Sage's. Of course I think that Pik's could use some of the things that Sage has in his, like the design on the cape... But then again, I'm just crazy...

>_> I guess I'll start working on a new Roy pac since I don't have school.. or a life. =-=

EDIT: So I took a look at what goes into making this stuff.. And I have no clue nor any real way to go about learning it all without some book: "Smash hacking for dummies". But, I'm not too discouraged.. it will probably take me a month to learn this stuff anyway.

>_> That said, I am also thinking of redoing most of Roy's moveset so he is not a clone of Marth. I'd rather him be a distinctive character, but still have that Roy feel that we enjoy. >-<; I'd enlist some help from anyone that knows anything about this, please feel free to contact me in any way so we can discuss this further.

.__. I feel so overwhelmed..

EDIT DOUBLE: Wow, no one has posted in between yesterday and today? I figured at least Thany would.. Anyway! I managed to scrounge up a few ideas as to how a new moveset that is different (DARE I SAY DIFFERENT!?) from Marth's, making it a completely unique character experience that still feels like Roy. I'm not talking about a competitive Roy, one that dashes his way into smashes and grabs.. I'm talking about the one that you saw when you first played the game.. strong and nimble, a red haired boy setting out to free his homeland from war with a superpower nation, the one that made you smile every time you hit someone with a fully charged Flare Blade.

._. Or at least the theory. I'd rather not have him be the same ol Roy, but still be Roy just translated over to Brawl with a unique moveset and play style. Needless to say, this is all still in the works and without someone to code for me/seventeen consecutive hours to learn how to code followed by a month of working slowly... it'll take a while. Plus testers and people that would offer creative and constructive criticism.

I'm also planning on filming most of my sword techniques I have in mind for his new moveset, so that the general animation idea can be passed across, and if anyone else has any other good/balanced/Roy ideas, I am willing to listen and hopefully this hits off!

Hopefully the final result will have a character different from Marth, Ike, and Link (as a sword person) creating a good difference between them in the way that Falco Fox and Wolf are.. Similar, but very unique.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
you do that, I support you :D
Thank you. Anyway!

I counted a total of 72 animations that Roy would have in Brawl. Here's the list and then I'll format it to make it fit better on the forum. And they are in no particular order.

Code:
Jab
Jab Combo
D-tilt
U-tilt
F-tilt
F-smash
U-smash
D-smash
N-air
D-air
F-air
B-air
U-air
Neutral Special
Side Special >
Side Special > ^
Side Special > > ^
Side Special > > > ^
Side Special > >
Side Special > > >
Side Special > > > >
Side Special > > v
Side Special > > > v
Down Special
Up Special
Special Fall
Landing N-air
Landing D-air
Landing F-air
Landing B-air
Landing U-air
Shielding
Shield Break
Shield Angle
Stun
Idle
Dash
Run
Dash Attack
Walk
Wait
Small Item Throw Forward Ground
Small Item Throw Up Ground
Small Item Throw Down Ground
Drop Item
Pickup Item
Large Item Throw Forward Ground
Large Item Throw Up Ground
Large Item Throw Down Ground
Item Throw Air Forward
Item Throw Air Down
Item Throw Air Up
Grab
Run Grab
Pummel
U-throw
D-throw
F-throw
B-throw
Release
Pummel Release
Jump
Double Jump
Taunt 1
Taunt 2
Taunt 3
Victory Pose 1
Victory Pose 2
Victory Pose 3
Final Smash
And probably many others I'm forgetting that will be added as they are mentioned.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
I think I have a few you may have missed:

Ledge attack,
Climbing up from the ledge,
Jumping from the ledge,
Ledge attack at critical damage,
Climbing up from the ledge at critical damage,
Jumping up from the ledge at critical damage(PRETTY sure it's different...)
Air dodge,
Jump/double jump going forwards and backwards(Unless "Jump" and "Double Jump" cover both directions)
Aerial special(B)attacks(Unless "Special fall" is that...)
Uh...Having the counter have its animation for that stance AND the actual counter attack(No idea what to call it)Air and on the ground, of course ;P
Swimming,
And of course...Uhh...Drowning ;_;
Hmm...Maybe UpSpecial could come in 1, 2, and backwards maybe?
I dunno. Thought of how it can be angled in Melee, figured that it was worth a mention...

Also, I have that taunt idea you thought of spritten;

Part 1

Whoo! Marth cameo! Huzzah...Anyone? Oh well...

Part 2

Lol, I made Marth too short >w>
...Or Roy WAY too big o.o

EDIT: What's wrong Marth? Monday already? Ha ha ha X3

RoytheRoyalBoy

Smash Cadet
Thank you. Anyway!

I counted a total of 72 animations that Roy would have in Brawl. Here's the list and then I'll format it to make it fit better on the forum. And they are in no particular order.

Code:
Jab
Jab Combo
D-tilt
U-tilt
F-tilt
F-smash
U-smash
D-smash
N-air
D-air
F-air
B-air
U-air
Neutral Special
Side Special >
Side Special > ^
Side Special > > ^
Side Special > > > ^
Side Special > >
Side Special > > >
Side Special > > > >
Side Special > > v
Side Special > > > v
Down Special
Up Special
Special Fall
Landing N-air
Landing D-air
Landing F-air
Landing B-air
Landing U-air
Shielding
Shield Break
Shield Angle
Stun
Idle
Dash
Run
Dash Attack
Walk
Wait
Small Item Throw Forward Ground
Small Item Throw Up Ground
Small Item Throw Down Ground
Drop Item
Pickup Item
Large Item Throw Forward Ground
Large Item Throw Up Ground
Large Item Throw Down Ground
Item Throw Air Forward
Item Throw Air Down
Item Throw Air Up
Grab
Run Grab
Pummel
U-throw
D-throw
F-throw
B-throw
Release
Pummel Release
Jump
Double Jump
Taunt 1
Taunt 2
Taunt 3
Victory Pose 1
Victory Pose 2
Victory Pose 3
Final Smash
And probably many others I'm forgetting that will be added as they are mentioned.
hey, try to get the melee animatio of flare blade in it, btw make the final smash like link, he throws his cape, the guys covered in fire the Roy slashes the manliness out of them

Ryo242

Smash Ace
I actually had a different Final Smash in mind that will be pretty awesome.. .-. I still have no idea how to code though but vacation started.

But then I got Re:Coded and Pokemon Black is almost working... And of course other people want to steal me away and work me on vacation..

I think I have a few you may have missed:

Ledge attack,
Climbing up from the ledge,
Jumping from the ledge,
Ledge attack at critical damage,
Climbing up from the ledge at critical damage,
Jumping up from the ledge at critical damage(PRETTY sure it's different...)
Air dodge,
Jump/double jump going forwards and backwards(Unless "Jump" and "Double Jump" cover both directions)
Aerial special(B)attacks(Unless "Special fall" is that...)
Uh...Having the counter have its animation for that stance AND the actual counter attack(No idea what to call it)Air and on the ground, of course ;P
Swimming,
And of course...Uhh...Drowning ;_;
Hmm...Maybe UpSpecial could come in 1, 2, and backwards maybe?
I dunno. Thought of how it can be angled in Melee, figured that it was worth a mention...
Dammit, I did miss all the ledge animations, and of course in Brawl there is a swimming and drowning animations... As for the Special Fall, it's where the player is pretty much unable to input any attacks after using their Up-B (They can still sometimes input direction to fall where they want.. unless they're Wolf). Blazer should be the same animation for most, except angled but I think that's workable without having to code a separate one.

Yes, Counter should be two different animations. I also noticed that he leans forward quite a bit after countering to maximize his attack distance, as well as stepping forward during F-Smash. He knows how to swing that sword for sure, and that's something that will be remembered.

Ah, thanks for making that look as awesome as I felt it would be, I should get you to do more. I should also keep a changing movelist that will be designated to "Roy new attacks" ... I'll probably have to host it off site or make my own thread, but since it's all tentative and not created yet... >_>; That might get blocked or whatnot. I really hope the original creator of this thread doesn't mind that we're using it for this.

It feels like Monday, but it's Friday...

Oooh, can you do that third taunt that I talked about with the flames and what not? I'll give you a sneak peak of the Final Smash animation(s) I have in mind if you think you can make sexy pics of that too.

1- Side B. Double Edge Dance-- Going to be changed about to have the first three hits actually HIT, be faster but not as fast as Marth's, and the fourth hit will have less power than the current build but will be hittable.

2- Sword length-- For someone who has to hit with the inside of the blade (similar to Ike), he should not have that little thing Marth does (considering where the hitbox for that one is as well..). So the sword will need to be in between those two sizes and since Tsurugi is pretty big anyway (Two handed in the original Fire Emblem~) Incidentally, trying to use a Marth stance while holding a longer sword would make it look ridiculous, so that's why Roy should have his own stance to reflect the length change (as well as different moveset).

3- Weight-- Let's face it.. Roy is not a lightweight, but he's also not a super heavyweight either. His current build makes him fall like a rock.. with anchors on its feet. For a more Brawl feel, he needs to drop some of that while still being a big hitter (though of course, that's also going to be changed)

4- Tip-- This one is the most frustrating for me.. Essentially I would like to have the inverse of Marth's hit box (still adjusted) in which the tip actually does some damage and knocks back just like the inside of Marth's sword would, but the dragging thing is pretty cool. The only problem with the little knockback (and therefore more combo awesomeness in Melee) he has is that in Brawl where combos.. *cough* "don't exist" Roy would be far more punishable for LANDING HIS ATTACKS than missing.. >_>;

5- F-smash-- The attack will need to be faster than Ike's and slower than Marth's, but because of the size thing it should still be easy enough to hit with.

That's all I can think of for this morning, I'll see about adding some more later.

Another little note I found. If you happen to phantom hit in this game, there is a little spark animation that acts like a real spark (till it burns out, which is pretty darn fast). Perhaps some of his sword swings could have this..?

Running into wall animation.. =-= Forgot that one too, I'll add more to the list later.

PS: Sending Thany a PM with the Final Smash idea so she may go about spriting... or asking questions etc..

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Thank you. Anyway!

• And probably many others I'm forgetting that will be added as they are mentioned.

• This might be excessive, but:

Code:
    Entrance
    Sleeping
    Grounded
    Frozen?
    Paralyzed? [the ZSS kind]
    Tripping [aren't there two? one automatic and one for bananas/etc?]
    Sitting [from trip]
    Battering Item Jab
    Battering F-tilt
    Battering F-smash
    HR Bat F-smash
    Shooting animations [no idea how many of these there are]
    Hammer swinging
    Dragoon activation/riding
    Warp Star activation/riding
    Assist Trophy activation
    Large Item Pickup
    Large Item Idle
    Large Item Move
    Cracker Launcher Idle/Aim
    Cracker Launcher Shoot
    Screw Attack Jumps [think there's only one]
    Trophy Stand Throw
    Curry Idle
    Mushroom Grow
    Mushroom Shrink
    Charging F-smash
    Charging D-smash
    Charging U-smash
    Down special activation [Counter]
    Front screen KO bounce?
    Grabbed [as the victim]
    Pummeled
    Grabbed Release
    Pummeled Release
    Special grabs/throws? [DK f-throw, Bowser f-throw, Ganon side-B, etc]
    Teching? [unless they're just "getup" animations]
    Lying Down on Back
    Lying Down on Face
    Get-up Regular [no roll/attack]
    Get-up Front Roll
    Get-up Back Roll
    Get-up Attack
    Stand-up Regular [from tripped or "sitting" state]
    Stand-up Front Roll
    Stand-up Back Roll
    Stand-up Attack
    Climb-up Regular
    Climb-up >100 Regular
    Climb-up Rolls
    Climb-up >100 Regular
    Climb-up Attack
    Climb-up >100 Attack
    Climb-up Jump
    Climb-up >100 Jump? [does this exist?]
    Back-roll
    Front-roll
    Spot dodge
    Air dodge
    Shield Grab? [don't think this is unique]
    Pivot Grab? [but this might be]
    Turning from Walk
    Turning from Dash
    Eat Standing
    Eat Sitting
    Eat Lying on Back
    Eat Lying on Face
    Swimming Splash? [there are unique voice sounds for landing in water, at least]
    Swimming Idle
    Swimming Moving
    Drowning
    Safe Fall
    Tumble Fall
    Landing Idle
    Landing Special [after up special]
    Landing Face
    Landing Back
    Flinched [small knockback]
    Launched [huge knockback]
    Forward Jump
    Backward Jump
    Forward Double Jump
    Backward Double Jump
    Footstool'd?
    Climbing Idle
    Climbing Up
    Climbing Down
    Bored 1 [during idle with no input after a while]
    Bored 2
    Clapping [results screen]
    I don't know if there are more and some of these may be redundant, but it should cover almost everything.

fake edit: included a few that Thany mentioned that I missed

real edit: just remembered one!

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Final Smash pics time! :3
(sorry, I forgot about that taunt you mentioned...Heh heh ^:^')

Anywhoo...Time to get this underway.

Roy's Final Smash, as envisioned by Mr.Ryo
(spritten by moi~)

WARNING! Challen-...Err, Pic-heavy post approaching!
(A new foe has appeared???...Okay, enough of my blathering...)

Part 1-Grabs a smash ball...Oopsie. Proportion fail...
Uh...Just pretend this is a Giant Brawl. Heh heh ^:^'

Part 2-The camera pans over to and zooms in on Roy, wielding the Fuuin no Tsurugi above his head, ablaze.

Part 3-Mah boi delivers a mighty swing of Hartmut's sword and creates, from the flaming arc-slash, a giant pillar of
flame that slowly roasts the targets engulfed by it.
Pinning them within the hellish blazing tower

Part 4-As the foes are trapped and smoldering, Roy disappears in a flash, only to reappear next to his target, and...

Part 5-...Attack each foe with a slash possesing the level of knock back equal to his forward smash.

Part 6-Oh my yes. Chasing each foe with a swing of his sword.(The slashes were coloured green to show up better
vs. the Fire Pillar. The slash "style" he is using is based on the MMZ Zero's first 2 slashes of his 3 hit sabre combo).

Part 7-When he reaches the final foe still caught in the blaze,
the attack becomes...Different...
THIS time, he rises the sword above his head, it ignites, blazing heroically...Then...

Part 8-"EEEEEYAH!" (forgot to sprite speech bubbles of him letting
out his battle cry...Oh well. Part 7 is where the "EEEEE" part starts and ends in "YAH!" during
this phase.) Roy swings his sword at a downward angle that sends the fiery targets
against the ground, sliding and unable to tech against it. Anyone hit by a flying fighter will
also be sent into the atmosphere themselves.
Roy then descends and the batl;e continues(Or not. No more Marths remain in my
demonstration pics and you can see >w>)

There you have it.
Oops, forgot. If the attack doesn't engulf a target, they will sustain damage should they make contact with the Fire Pillar. It won't suck them in or trap them, but at higher levels of damage may send them to a KO-y doom.

(If I forgot anything Mr.Ryo, feel free to add My memory is ATROCIOUS...Heh, just like
my cursive writing skills according to my 4th grade teacher...Heh heh...Oh... ._.')

Just...Please...For the love of God, Shiva, Allah, Buddha, Arceus, and every other deity out there
Please...
Do NOT...
Let THIS become his Final Smash ;_;

Ryo242

Smash Ace
"Randomastah!"

Touche, and yes while it would be cool it would also be kinda out of place.

It looks pretty good, that's pretty much how I thought it out and explained it, though that final hit shouldn't hit them behind him.. essentially if Roy was on the other side and hit with the same Marth flying trajectory, that would be the gist. Still, very nice job. :3 Thumbs up, cookies and whatnot.

Essentially it is based on whether or not it hits anyone for the [very sexy] combo portion, as does Marth's and Ike's, but also has the capacity to do damage to those that decide it's okay to charge the burning fire pillar. (As well as preventing any accidental combos that could prove to break the game...)

:3 Sorry not much to contribute, kinda feeling meh. I seem to have caught something from my family during this Turkey day thing.

EDIT: O.o a few days without anyone talking.. seems pretty dead, or maybe it's just because it's near the end of the school year and all those damn tests and projects are due soon? I digress, I managed to come up with Roy's new Double Edge Dance.

DED Concept 2.1-
1st Stroke: Pretty much the same, it's a good combo starter though since Roy's sword will be longer it will have some more range and the pull effect from the tip (inward to the rest of the combo)
2nd Stroke (UP): A quick stroke back up to get set for any other hit (same as before)
3rd Stroke (UP): A quick strike down to semi-weak spike the opponent downward. (Melee Roy, but with Brawl physics of recovery making it a better edge guard move)
4th Stroke (UP): Roy gives a "Haaa~" as he steps forward with right foot and brings the blade upward until it's horizontal. This has several hit boxes as it does do fire damage comboing into the final hit upward (I'm thinking 3 to 4, not decided yet). Talk about shield pressure~
2nd Stroke (N): Roy stabs quickly and brings the sword back for another stroke (same as before)
3rd Stroke (N): A step forward followed by a quick horizontal swing with nice knockback (think Melee's)
4th Stroke (N): Roy gives a "Haaa~" as he steps backward and then lunges forward with a fiery stab. It inflicts several hits that push the opponent forward into final one that sends the foe launched forward. (A combo into Marth's stab, but better animated and fiery kickass-ness.)
3rd Stroke (D): Roy turns and brings the sword diagonally down with the point near the bottom of the foe's shield. (Bringing back the Melee one, not Marth's new little whacking thing, I'm talking about the whole sword pushing downward into more of those fire hitboxes that knock away or at least pressure shield)
4th Stroke (D): Roy gets lower and stabs twice and then lunges forward to a low horizontal slice. (Stab stab FIRE SLICE!)

Overall, the combos should be almost as fast as Marth's (Almost being the keyword here), and should hit into each other up to the 3rd hit (which should have some power on it, but not as much as the fourth), with the fourth hit being harder or at least set up properly, but that one will have some serious bite to it. Essentially as fun as it was to use in Melee, but with "actual combo properties".
Debate! Or have Thany make some pictures. :3

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Good news! Melee Flare Blade get!...
...After...Project M gets its release...Heh heh <:3
Sorry for any accidental hype... ^:^'

Re: Greetings, SHeLL. Shield Breaker inquiry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany

May I ask for your and Magus' help with our humble Roy project?

As the Melee Shield Breaker animation that the two of
you collaborated on would be most appreciated if you
both could lend your talents to us by giving Roy his true
Flare Blade back. (Down smash charge, looping a max of
4 times, going into an F-smash feels...Almost lazily outdated
now.Plus that counter...Ugh... We're in need of animators... ;_; )

We would love to have people of such talent working
alongside the rest of us in restoring our boy, Roy.
(And, to me? Frankly it'd be an honour *suck up powers go*)

Thank you for your time.
I would ask that you take this into consideration, as a fellow
artist of sorts.

Any replies can be made out to myself via PM, or even in the Roy Project thread.

Thank you. :3

"We plan on releasing our work on Roy along with the rest of PM. At that time we could
probably let you use those animations as you like."
So yeah, that's awesome! :3

Also, interesting idea Mr.Ryo, but I'm going to be busy the next few days...
Actually, might be able to make some pics starting tomorrow night...
Assuming our new kitty isn't going to cause me to lose sleep <:3

Although, the 4th UP hit of his swords dance, Roy's vocalization is "Eeeyah!" (I've
Memorized which moves make which sounds...Talk about ULTIMATE fan girl...Sadly,
I don't think I've got any competition, unless I meet girls nicknamed "Lilina" or
"Lalum" , though...Heh heh ^:^')
The 4th neutral Side B was "Yah!" Heh heh. I know, I'm picky >w>

But I was thinking we could use Roy's Melee 4th UP hit.
Marth's in Brawl is that swing that makes him spin, and knocks foes in the air,
but in Melee, that was more like their Normal 4th hit, sans a slight jump whilst spinning,
and REALLY laying a smack on the target >:3 8

Also...I kinda can't, at the moment, wrap my head around your description for the
4th UP hit...Can you compare it to another attack from any of the SmashBros series?
Or...Maybe even other games might know of? I play ALOT of games :3

Also the 3rd DOWN one, I like. More variation. Roy can have the Melee 3rd DOWN attack,
and Marth gets his little...Whacking one...That can virtually NEVER spike anymore, unlike
in Melee(Meteor attack in Melee)...>And by that I mean the part that you need to hit
with to MAKE it a spike/meteor never works unless they have ground beneath them.
(Have to be REALLY Close for Brawl Marth's 3rd DOWN to spike...)

Now that we're talking about that move...Use Brawl Marth's 3rd DOWN Dancing Blade hit
in the air.
See? It's a sped up version of his(And Roy's) 3rd DOWN hit in Melee! Hooray! Easy animation
get! :Dc

Still kinda like the 4th NEUTRAL hit from Melee/Marth's. But making the down hit into
the stab-stab-SCHWING intrigues me :3
(Although, the 4th NEUTRAL hit as a stab...Would that be kind of like his non-Fuuin no
Tsurugi attack in FE6? That'd be pretty cool, but that's a move I'd still prefer to be the
same visually...)

Also, are you a programmer/hacker of sorts, Mr.Ryo?
We...Uhh...Seem to be in short supply of those...
Not sure how well I could go about recruiting people to this army- Errr...Project... >w>

...And surely we can make better victory animations, right? The only vids I saw of
Roy on the results screen(BEFORE the comp that COULD view Youtube every now and
then DIED) I only saw 2 victory animations...And both looked...Icky...
1. Does a down smash, with the sword sheathed and Resumes Marth's idle jitter.
2. I ~think~ it was just Marth's entry animation -> Idle jitter. Not really...Too great...
If memory serves...(Heck, I can't even clearly REMEMBER it ;_; )

Then again, maybe these have been made better by now? *hopes*

For example:
Using Marth's second "A" slash, and going into a forward tilt at least ~kinda~
resembles the "B" victory of Roy(assuming he is rotated a bit during it)

Oh well...Prolly done before we had the capabilities we have now...And thus, should be
re-worked. .

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Good news! Melee Flare Blade get!...
...After...Project M gets its release...Heh heh <:3
Sorry for any accidental hype... ^:^'
That looks like it will help in making animations, at least for Flare Blade and any other of Roy's old attacks I'm planning on borrowing from.. Or anyone else cares to reuse.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...=%&Credit=%&Info=%&Thumb1=%&Type=%%&TypeAlt=%

Also, there's this pac I found that has Roy colored slashes over Marth's. Old, but very helpful for those that need to know how to recolor em.

So yeah, that's awesome! :3

Also, interesting idea Mr.Ryo, but I'm going to be busy the next few days...
Actually, might be able to make some pics starting tomorrow night...
Assuming our new kitty isn't going to cause me to lose sleep <:3

Although, the 4th UP hit of his swords dance, Roy's vocalization is "Eeeyah!" (I've
Memorized which moves make which sounds...Talk about ULTIMATE fan girl...Sadly,
I don't think I've got any competition, unless I meet girls nicknamed "Lilina" or
"Lalum" , though...Heh heh ^:^')
The 4th neutral Side B was "Yah!" Heh heh. I know, I'm picky >w>

But I was thinking we could use Roy's Melee 4th UP hit.
Marth's in Brawl is that swing that makes him spin, and knocks foes in the air,
but in Melee, that was more like their Normal 4th hit, sans a slight jump whilst spinning,
and REALLY laying a smack on the target >:3 8
Yeah, I was thinking about that... even with his stab as the planned 4th Neutral, he could still have a downward jump slice. Either way, it's still a hit that pummels and looks cool while doing it.

Also...I kinda can't, at the moment, wrap my head around your description for the
4th UP hit...Can you compare it to another attack from any of the SmashBros series?
Or...Maybe even other games might know of? I play ALOT of games :3
Okay, so imagine Blazer while on the ground. Roy will step forward and will bring the sword up like he was using Blazer, but he will stay on the ground while the sword does all the damaging awesomeness we'd come to expect (with nice upward knockback). If that doesn't suffice, then Roy can always go back to his jumping Up-4th he had before...

Also the 3rd DOWN one, I like. More variation. Roy can have the Melee 3rd DOWN attack,
and Marth gets his little...Whacking one...That can virtually NEVER spike anymore, unlike
in Melee(Meteor attack in Melee)...>And by that I mean the part that you need to hit
with to MAKE it a spike/meteor never works unless they have ground beneath them.
(Have to be REALLY Close for Brawl Marth's 3rd DOWN to spike...)
I don't think I've ever got Marth's 3rd down to spike at all in Brawl.. =-=;

Now that we're talking about that move...Use Brawl Marth's 3rd DOWN Dancing Blade hit
in the air.
See? It's a sped up version of his(And Roy's) 3rd DOWN hit in Melee! Hooray! Easy animation
get! :Dc
... I have not actually seen that, but if it's true (which I will foolishly assume), then it would be an easy animation get.

Still kinda like the 4th NEUTRAL hit from Melee/Marth's. But making the down hit into
the stab-stab-SCHWING intrigues me :3
(Although, the 4th NEUTRAL hit as a stab...Would that be kind of like his non-Fuuin no
Tsurugi attack in FE6? That'd be pretty cool, but that's a move I'd still prefer to be the
same visually...)
If he's gonna have two spinning swing things like in Melee, it seems a bit repetitive. The designs I'm pitching aren't for a report of his Melee self (Project Melee will do that for you), but rather a remaking for the Brawl scenario... And in Brawl, most animations aren't being reused for the same character. In Melee, Roy and Marth had how many overhead swings? 5ish?

And yeah, some lunging fiery goodness for a harder-to-hit-yet-so-worth-it-when-you-do-hit sounds better.. imo.. >,<

Also, are you a programmer/hacker of sorts, Mr.Ryo?
We...Uhh...Seem to be in short supply of those...
Not sure how well I could go about recruiting people to this army- Errr...Project... >w>
Nope, I'm just a guy who is about to have lots of free time and no ability to move about. As such, I do really want to work on this and make it into something enjoyable (with opinions accepted and available for people to edit and whatnot) so that it turns into not a PSA, but a character that goes freely into the Brawl setting.

...And surely we can make better victory animations, right? The only vids I saw of
Roy on the results screen(BEFORE the comp that COULD view Youtube every now and
then DIED) I only saw 2 victory animations...And both looked...Icky...
1. Does a down smash, with the sword sheathed and Resumes Marth's idle jitter.
2. I ~think~ it was just Marth's entry animation -> Idle jitter. Not really...Too great...
If memory serves...(Heck, I can't even clearly REMEMBER it ;_; )

Then again, maybe these have been made better by now? *hopes*

For example:
Using Marth's second "A" slash, and going into a forward tilt at least ~kinda~
resembles the "B" victory of Roy(assuming he is rotated a bit during it)

Oh well...Prolly done before we had the capabilities we have now...And thus, should be
re-worked. .
Well this pac is pretty old, no offense to the creator (who did a pretty nice job too!), so I assume that many people pick it up, use it, and don't bother attempting to fix some of the things that would make it more complete.

>_> <_< That said, if anyone's listening and can help by all means jump in.

I'd actually like to know how large (length wise) AND the hitbox size (may be different) of the following swords:

-Marth Melee:
-Marth Brawl:
-Roy Melee:
-Ike Brawl:

That would help a bunch.. I assume that Project M will have Marth recreated to his Melee self, and some animations will probably be stolen borrowed when they are done.

>,< as well as having those hit boxes working properly too.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Ugh...

Sorry this took forever everone...

It...It's not even 100% complete, but I don't think I've got it
in me at the moment to give this anymore work...

I'm sorry if it's blurry.

Also those Roy sprites at the bottom were just leftovers that I was
fiddlin' with to make an attack. I save copies of unfinished sprites
to seee if I can combine them or otherwise re-use them if possible.

Yeah...Sorry about not including the difference for his 4th Down
Swords Dance attack.

I figured I would've made it be(spritten, rather) so he does a
stabby-slash of sorts from his left to his right, then right to left,
following up with something akin to Ike's Forward tilt...

Yeah...Just...Feeling pretty low for a while...
It affects my preformance...

Here's a link if the above picture is hard on the eyes...

http://oi51.tinypic.com/rhsqw6.jpg

EDIT: Why does tinypic screw with the colours of everything I make?
Sorry everyone, the link is hard on the eyes too... ._.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Because Windows 98(Or at least mine) can't really handle them?
(GIFs either. Just saps the colour away...Plus I actually saved that as
a bitmap. Tinypic JPG-ifies all my bitmap work for some reason ._. )

Anyway.
I have a new idea for his Dash Attack, Mr.Ryo:

As he runs he swings the sword in a manner resembling his B-Air, where he the sword
is swung from his lower right to his left at an upwards angle, THEN the rest of the attack
flows into his Melee/Marth's dash attack.
(Kinda looks a bit like the 2nd UP Side B hit followed by the 3rd NEUTRAL B hit...Kinda...)

First hit would 'trap' the foe, then the second would be the knockback.

Not to overuse the Fire Gimmick, but maybe hit 1 could be fiery? Oh well...

Sorry everyone, no pics this time. Just thought of posting that on a whim after
forgetting it for...Like...Literally months >_>

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Because Windows 98(Or at least mine) can't really handle them?
(GIFs either. Just saps the colour away...Plus I actually saved that as
a bitmap. Tinypic JPG-ifies all my bitmap work for some reason ._. )
That's because BMP files are TERRIBLE for image sharing, typically at least a hundred times larger than a JPG, GIF, of PNG.

And don't use Paint for publishing images to post online. That's what Irfanview is for. And yes, it'll work for your 12 year old operating system.

And Tinypic is terrible as well. I'm pretty sure ImageShack has the decency to save things in .GIF, at least.

Shinn`

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to say you guys making a complete Roy are amazing, keep up the great work can't wait to play a complete one someday. =) Oh and a question are you guys using Pik's model or making your own? Because I think Pik's model is the best one out there IMO.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Had two throat surgeries...

In pain...

Calling out to anyone that would be willing to code/animate this...

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
Had two throat surgeries...

In pain...

Calling out to anyone that would be willing to code/animate this...
^ Lame excuse, you'll feel better after a few weeks of resting, it's not like there's been any animating progress since you accepted to do it, just say you lost interest or it's too hard for you rather than that, no one will blame you.

On topic: Gah, I just wish someone would work on a real Roy vertex, w ehave a lot lookalikes, but not a real Roy D:

Ryo242

Smash Ace
^ Lame excuse, you'll feel better after a few weeks of resting, it's not like there's been any animating progress since you accepted to do it, just say you lost interest or it's too hard for you rather than that, no one will blame you.

On topic: Gah, I just wish someone would work on a real Roy vertex, w ehave a lot lookalikes, but not a real Roy D:
I am one to give excuses.. And I'm still on the recovery, which has not gone as planned.. mostly just getting sick after wards.

But that is a good point.. I think people want to work on other projects and assume that Roy's already finished.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
WARNING, BIG TEXT HEAVY POST

NEW COMP GET!
I am now the PROUD owner/user of Windows 7 ^w^

Sorry about the gruesome things you're dealing with, Mr.Ryo... ;_;
(Also, did you see my swordsdance pic from the previous page? And my double hit
dash attack idea?)

Just wanted to say you guys making a complete Roy are amazing, keep up the great work can't wait to play a complete one someday. =) Oh and a question are you guys using Pik's model or making your own? Because I think Pik's model is the best one out there IMO.
Actually, seeing as now I have ACTUALLY TRIED EVERY ROY OUT now
(Sans the original Marth recolour, any version with Isaac hair, or vertex #1 by
BeyondYou, sans corrupt Roy), I can effectively comment about them after an
intense study of each.(I personally like corrupt Roy as being the dark costume.
The wonky hair only adds to the "I am CRAZY mad!" appeal :3)

...But my opinion is still the same as it was before from....Several pages back.

Beyond's model, Pik's face, sages hair, etc. (But given how the sheathe moves about
in a similar pattern to Marths's, but glued to him on a different angle, it cuts into him/
through his cape alot. Might wanna go with sheatheless Roy, or just have him have it
on the results screen? Not too sure...)

But I typically use Beyond's for the overall accuracy.
Sages's hair is fuller on the side of Roy's that the majority of his hair leans to, so
I find that to be very nice on the eyes ^w^
Pik's face is pretty good too...
...But Pik's and sage's Roys...
...Whenever the mouth opens the entire face detaches and shifts downwards. This is VERY
creepy and especially noticeable on the results screen if you pay attention to him
speak one of Marth's victory lines. The mouth opens? Face moves down.
For.
Every.
Syllable... ;_;
(Also applies to shield breaker, as the mouth opens for that attack, getting
hurt,etc...)*shudders*
(Hopefully there is a way to fix this. I assume Pik made the face separate from the model
but like an organ transplant gone wrong, the Marth model isn't accepting it very well...)

...Anyway...

I feel(once again) making some more edits to Beyond's Roy V2(Unless he's gonna
attempt a V3...man I wish Roy won that poll... ;_; ) And somehow combining them with
the other two aforementioned Roy-makers is our best bet.(Or FIERCE edits to make them
resemble the other two in the ways I want.)

...Then again, I have a NEW comp, I'm obsessed with Roy, I'm artistic and I
never have much to do...Maybe I could attempt to make one?(Heck, I've
dressed up as him for the last 3 Hallowe'ens, I'm theoretically the PERFECT
candidate :Dc)

(Heck, I can almost recall pausing the game to study each FRAME of Melee Roy at times...
...Also, forgive my blathering, but I've got some animation experience under my belt with
spriting, so that should help me a little, right?)

No promises though, as I do not make promises I cannot fulfill. *pessimistic*

PS. What ~would~ I need to fiddle with making a Roy model/changing an existing
one? Linkz plz! ^w^

PPS. Animations, too. I remember EVERY animation Roy had in Melee(sans some of
the more obscure item-related ones)...Wait...This would require PSA right? In that case...

PPPS. I have yet to actually try out the PSA, does it just go in the Marth folder on
my SD? Also, what to name it, etc?

PPPPS. Off topic, but PokeMon trainer has no folder. How do I edit his textures/turn
him into May or that girl from FR/LG?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
PS. What ~would~ I need to fiddle with making a Roy model/changing an existing
one? Linkz plz! ^w^

PPS. Animations, too. I remember EVERY animation Roy had in Melee(sans some of
the more obscure item-related ones)...Wait...This would require PSA right? In that case...

PPPS. I have yet to actually try out the PSA, does it just go in the Marth folder on
my SD? Also, what to name it, etc?

PPPPS. Off topic, but PokeMon trainer has no folder. How do I edit his textures/turn
him into May or that girl from FR/LG?[/COLOR]
You need 3DS max 8 or 9, I don't remember nor do I have a link handy with the vertexing tutorial thread.

You need BrawlBox to animate the model, I suggest getting BrawlBox 4.1, this has drag and drop editing, you can click and move bones with the mouse rather than selecting a bone, typing a number, next frame etc

Marth is FitMarth.pac, FitMarth00.pac-Original, FitMarth01.pac - Red, FitMarth02.pac-Green, FitMarth03.pac-Blue, FitMarth04.pac-Black, and FitMarth05.pac-White

Pokemon Trainer is FitPokeTrainer.pac, and the colors are as follows:
Pokemon Trainer
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Light

FitMarth.pac ,etc goes in private/app/wii/RSBE/pf/marth
FitPokeTrainer.pac,etc goes in private/apps/wii/RSBE/pf/PokeTrainer

Shinn`

Smash Rookie
Thany, you would be the perfect person to do this, I hope your able to use those programs, they can be quite advanced. I'm rooting for you though!

Thany

Smash Journeyman
*fiddling in Brawlbox*
Tee hee. I can make him hold his sword backwards and go all stretchy ^w^

Anyway, I FINALLY got to try out his PSA(I think I tried V2...?)
Can't remember the version. One version had downright EVIL landing
lag for his aerials.(And the OLD Isaac hair one was...Unsettling to see him
go bald after every attack...Though, I guess that's irrelevant at this point.)

The one I'm playing as now seems to...Be able to interupt that landing lag
by executing another attack.

Anyway. My only queries about his PSA are the lack of kill-power his Up throw has,
and...Uh...Why he falls faster than Ganondorf ;_;
Other than that, I'm loving this. >:3 8
(Especially the fully charged shield breaker's KABOOM sound and that pretty blazing
trail the sword has on his 4th hits for Side B, Upsmash and Flare Blade :3 )

Anyway, back to my attempts to help with Roy...

I've asked BeyondYou if I could edit his RoyV2, however the response is pending.

...So I figure learning more about Brawlbox to make animations is my first step.
(I made a copy of the RoyV2.pcs with his sword held backwards, but in-game he was holding
it normally...Guess I got a long ways to go...And when I move any limbs of his around that
aren't his right arm, they...Stretch at the hands, feet, and actually, his right elbow does too...)

Guess my work's cut out for me, eh? Ha ha...Ohhh... ;_;

EDIT:

So, I just figured out how to look at AND edit animations with my meddling!
Hooray!

But when I load up the .pac, it still displays B as being Shield Breaker and
it still shows Marth's victory taunt things...(Did I load up Marth's by mistake?)

Also, can I edit when his mouth does and does not open?(Eyes, too...)
I wanna edit his drowning animation so, unlike Marth, he won't be
flapping his arms with a non-chalant(sp?) expression on his face when in the
aforementioned peril.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Full recovery imminent! Or something..

*reads over everything that has gone on in his absence*

Alright, new computer. Now if only I could fight you somehow... But that's beside the point. I think it's really good that we have a person that is dedicated (whereas I lose interest too fa...) and abundantly insane (as a fan girl) that will continue to work on Roy til he's perfected.

As for the questions, I believe I can answer them..
1-The reason for Roy's weight is that he's probably designed for Brawl +, aka faster version with hit stun like Melee. That explains why he's so fast at falling, since that's how he was in Melee.
2- There were no other questions that weren't answered...

I did see the designs and dash idea and I think that's intriguing.. It would double hit, which is easier said than programmed (as you have no doubt already looked at). I don't see a reason that wouldn't be acceptable, I'm just wondering how much Knock Back and damage it would give.

I also brought this up during a PM, but I believe I've figured out how to do an Angled Blazer.. not actually able to program it, but the how-to. =-= Not very useful, but whatever. If we look at characters that have the angling of their moves (aka, FOX FALCO WOLF), we can apply that same principle to making at least three other Blazer angles: Normal, Wide, Reverse, Reverse Wide. Of course, we could also do a 360 Blazer... Which would look very silly. Anyway, that's my helpful tip to contribute..

I am also rooting for Thany and eventually I should be back into wanting to code this.. =-= Til then I'll be helpful in providing ideas and feedback. Good luck!

EDIT: Random idea from nowhere. D-air and U-air need to have much bigger swing radii than Marth's. Let's face it, if he's going to be swinging that sword harder and therefore have a longer lag from it, than dammit give it the range that should go with that idea. I'm still all for his sword being longer than Marth's..but not as long as Ike's.
Ike's Claymore > Roy's Longsword > Marth's little stabby thing.
I know they have names, I'm just being facetious.. or something..

Magus420

Smash Master
If you open his .pac in a hex editor, the angle capacity special float for up-b is at: 0x24300. The default for Marth is 20° (41A00000). Roy's float for this in his melee file is 40° (42200000).

Top Bottom