• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrabbing Sheik

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
From what I recall it's at a fresh stock, dthrow then a couple of uthrows I think, from 0% to maybe 40%? I don't play Sheiks too often anymore.

Windrose

Smash Lord
I think you can chain grab her at a fresh stock with down throw no matter how she di. from 0% to 20? Not sure about the range cap but it is a guaranteed re grab if you are fast enough...confirm?

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
you can get dthrow if they dont DI or DI in

you can get uthrow if they DI away

reneblade, if youre uthrowing a sheik at 50 and they DI in, im pretty sure they can nair out

Mokumo

Smash Ace
darc does that **** all the time. I don't think he plays anymore but if I ever see him again I'll ask him about it. There's some video of hax vs dazwa where he does some cg **** and darc talks about it for a second. I remember watching him play falcon a few times and he would alternate between dthrow and uthrow because that can mess up people's DI if you do it nice and fast. of course if you're playing a sheik worth their **** its not going to matter

but yeah uthrow or dthrow tends to work only at a fresh stock and not for very long because they usually start to DI out of it.

I think another important question is when does nair start to work out of dthrow or uthrow? i know it's pretty early %. and of course it depends on their DI and such for each throw.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Serious question, when uthrowing shiek, at what percent does it combo into nair? I only tend to use it around 30% because if they DI in at a lower percent I get baired or naired and At much higher percents its the same deal. But I see hax hitting that **** all the time.

Also, if uthrow isn't going to lead into nair, do I uair or just use Dthrow and something else?

EDIT: oh snap mokumo just asked the same question lol sorry I didn't see it.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Serious question, when uthrowing shiek, at what percent does it combo into nair? I only tend to use it around 30% because if they DI in at a lower percent I get baired or naired and At much higher percents its the same deal. But I see hax hitting that **** all the time.

Also, if uthrow isn't going to lead into nair, do I uair or just use Dthrow and something else?

EDIT: oh snap mokumo just asked the same question lol sorry I didn't see it.
this is hardly ever safe

in my experience uair comes out so much better

running at sheik feigning nair and then dashdancing away is also a good option -- if they double jump you can sh uair dj uair and kill her (at almost any %), and if they land with an aerial you can grab when they land

if they don't do anything then they're entering a mix-up game where nair is safe

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
lol hi Witchblade ^^

the answer is no.

if you di right or left its no.

if you dont di, its yes.

at like 0-15% when not diing you can hit falcon with a nair before his grab or even his jabs come out if your fast enough.

Adam did this on me in tourney.

So NO on chaingrabbing falcon - sheik

Kike_Ichigo

Smash Cadet
If you want to chaingrab just for owneage i recommend to you Techchase more than Chaingrab, anyways.... if you REALL WANT TO chaingrab most of the time you need to try Uthrow at 0% to lke 15% or 20%, an then it must be Dthrow until 35% when you can start to be a Sheik killer, remember, most of the Times the Sheik's will want you to try to do a combo when you cant, its better to camp a hit like Stomp, or techchase Grabs, than try something risky like Chaingrabs or Nair-Pwnage.... that'smy perception about Sheik's, i play all the tims against one because my best friend play Sheik's... so... I have a little experiencie against them... but I hope that will be usefull for you!

Atte: **** (RAI) 2nd Place Maracay, Aragua, Venezuela

0Room

Smash Lord
Guys don't CG
Just go Dthrow->uthrow

Almost never escapeable
I mean Falcon's grabs do like 4% anyway.
So uthrow->uair or nair
Nair has issues in the fact that it'll hit the first one and not the second one sometimes.

Top Bottom