• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain Jacketed Windbox

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
oh man i was going to say like

what if you did nyras love or w.e with zelda and like would get the the efftect of that or like the effect the damage of an object you reflected.

oh well

Flamingo

Smash Lord
But you can't. Has anyone figured out the logic behind jacketing in the first place yet? The short hopped/jacketed chain is the only move that seems to actually be affected itself by a short hop. Sure, other moves' effectiveness may be increased by using a short hop, but the move doesn't actually change... and especially a special move at that.

Other moves that change when used in the air change, such as an aerial vanish vs a grounded vanish where you get the extra little hop, but this happens on bot short hops and normal jumps. Why does the chain act the way it does?

We know that the chain sounds differently when used while being short hopped or jacketed, what causes this? is it the sound of the original move being jacketed? I find this to be the only SENSIBLE thing that actually lets you know for sure that you have properly jacketed the chain, although I still can tell more from the position of the smoke in relation to Sheik, and the feel of doing the right input. Basically what I am trying to say is that if we could find out the logic why the chain is jacketed, or why another sound is made instead of the original one, maybe we could use this to find more out about the chain, and possibly new techniques... although it is doubtful.

Just trying to help the progression of Sheik..

Edit: 20$ that Ankoku comes in and says "Useless" loll

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
is it possible to chain jacket a foot stool? i mean cuz thats kinda a hit box in a way

if you could that would practaly be one of the best edge gaurders ever if it had the same effect

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
Thats interesting =D. I can't figure out how to jacket though so it doesnt matter.

Do you actually have to hit the other person with the move to jacket it?

When you chain jacket do you short hop and then use chain to jacket a move?

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
Thats interesting =D. I can't figure out how to jacket though so it doesnt matter.

Do you actually have to hit the other person with the move to jacket it?

When you chain jacket do you short hop and then use chain to jacket a move?
to answer the first question; no.

to answer the second and bring something new to the table; you can Short Hop or do a full Jump, it doesn't matter. I have been able to Jacket Down Smash by timing the same placement to release the chain where I should be when I do a short hop. It worked.
(this was a fluke at first, I've been able to replicate it 2 times after)

there's like multiple posts and places you could of looked for this answer, or you could of even asked it in the Q&A thread....but yes you perform a move, doesn't need to hit them, short hop and right after that peak of the short hop throw out the chain and you should see some deploy dust come off equal to her shoulders.
You can do the same with the full hop but it has to be done at the same frame and area where you release it during the short hop

Judo777

Smash Master
Just throwing this out there if the wind jacket is effect, a good setup to it might be a vanish glide at lower percents to knock away then follow up with a wind jacket.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
yeah but whos going to be flying off the stage at low percentages? inless you use like a grab

and even then the timing would be impecable to get it right down that they would probably have grabed the edge by the time you have it

also i think that theres probably better ways to finish somone off if you have them that far out as to were you can vanish glide

but hey i'll go with it

Top Bottom