• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain grabbing should be banned...(CG, stalling)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
After seeing Pikachu's Chain Grab over Fox I have to say these.. this unmanly tactics should be banned from honorable play. Abusing a game flaw shouldn't be used like this and any player with some honor should not use this to win. Really, how can someone feel good by winning like this? Why a fox main has to change his character against a pikachu because people would abuse this detestable game bug? The same way as Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned, and some tactics like doing damage and running away until the time goes out wouln't probably be allowed on tournaments... detestable tactics like chain grabbing should be banned... It really breaks the game.. it really hurts Brawl as a game... It goes against the competitive spirit... Do not tell me that you can counterpick.. as I think that is also unmanly...you should be able to use any character against the other without a matchup like 9:1 because of a silly bad programmed chain grab.. You can be sure Sakurai didn't wanted this to be in the game.. A tactic that can be used like that over and over and it is so easy and broken should be banned for tournament play..
Who is with me?

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure we've gone over all this in melee and it was decided that chaingrabs are fine.

Also, it would be hard to regulate such a ban in tournaments.

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
Seems like your Fox got beat by Pikachu. The only time that Chain Grab stalling can happen is really with a wall. Unless you are awesome at ICs.

CGs will never be banned.

/thread.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
This topic exists anywhere?

How would you want a detestable tactic like this to be in your game? This is not melee, is Brawl and what Pikachu can do to Fox and what can Ice Climbers do is just too broken...

It can be regulated like allowing just one or two grabs in a row.. Yellow card for the first attemp, red card and lost game for the second time.. It shouldn't even be regulated if you have some balls and don't like to win using this crap.. How can you defend chain grabbing? =/

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
This topic exists anywhere?

How would you want a detestable tactic like this to be in your game? This is not melee, is Brawl and what Pikachu can do to Fox and what can Ice Climbers do is just too broken...

It can be regulated like allowing just one or two grabs in a row.. Yellow card for the first attemp, red card and lost game for the second time.. It shouldn't even be regulated if you have some balls and don't like to win using this crap.. How can you defend chain grabbing? =/
I defend chain grabbing because IC's Alt grabbing takes a HUGE amount of skill. How come you are referencing Pikachu? Not D3 or Marth or Falco.

I also see that you are for Team Attack off and all items.

Team attack is on for a few reasons, mostly beneficial. GWs bucket, PK kids PSi Mag, grab catching, saves, etc.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
team attack is on so idoits watch out to not kill/hit their partner with spamming. Otherwise go double Falco and laser all day.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I see where you're coming from and I agree.

CG is kinda cheap...DeDeDe wouldnt be at 3rd of the Tier without it. Where would D3 be without his CG?

If you beat somone with just CG wheres the satisfaction? In all seriousness did you really beat your opponent? CG doesnt really take that much skill. ( IC excluded )

Ah well, people seem to accept CGing. & yer it would be hard to ban it. But I find it as an annoying, no ballz, cheap way of playing. But thats my IMO.

In friendlies against friends I would never use CG, excpet maybe like 2-3 grabs MAX. In the past when I've Chain Grabbed them to Oblivion I found it drained the fun out of the game. My opponent works his butt off to rack up all that % without getting hit, then I just Grab him once and its all even again. wasted...

(I think) Sakurai intended it to be in Brawl... He surely must have seen people using it in Melee, and decided to leave it in. **** U SAKURAI!!

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
CG is pretty cheap, but then why is MK, GaW, and snake still on top. These guys seem to be considered better even with the chaingrabbing that other characters can do.

smasher?o.0

Smash Journeyman
de de de

After seeing Pikachu's Chain Grab over Fox I have to say these.. this unmanly tactics should be banned from honorable play. Abusing a game flaw shouldn't be used like this and any player with some honor should not use this to win. Really, how can someone feel good by winning like this? Why a fox main has to change his character against a pikachu because people would abuse this detestable game bug? The same way as Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned, and some tactics like doing damage and running away until the time goes out wouln't probably be allowed on tournaments... detestable tactics like chain grabbing should be banned... It really breaks the game.. it really hurts Brawl as a game... It goes against the competitive spirit... Do not tell me that you can counterpick.. as I think that is also unmanly...you should be able to use any character against the other without a matchup like 9:1 because of a silly bad programmed chain grab.. You can be sure Sakurai didn't wanted this to be in the game.. A tactic that can be used like that over and over and it is so easy and broken should be banned for tournament play..
Who is with me?
-it is not a flaw, it is a gift from the smash god (M2K)
-it can make you feel good because chances are your opponent was too stupid enough to find out about the CG and find a way to escape it causing them a million $ in a tourney you won
-fox mains dont have to change, find a way to escape it duh
-IDC is banned because only MKs can do it and you cant do anything about it
-detestable isnt the right word to use since you can test it
-no it doesnt
-you can counter pick
-well if you think its unmanly and men are doing it, i think your unmanly enough to not use it
-no charactar has a 9:1 stupid (or do they?)
-well if he didnt want it he wouldve checked for it in the game right?
-well if you call it a tactic its never going to get banned

Faith

Smash Apprentice
What's next. Thread about banning combos. ( Inbefore brawl has no combos ).

I could write an entire essay about how ******** your statements are but after reading your signature I just laughed and moved on.

z3r0C0oL

Smash Apprentice
This game isnt about having fun.

Its about winning at all cost using any and all exploits within the game.

Stop learning the metagame if you want to preserve any sense of fun you have left in the game.

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
I don't mind chaingrabbing so much, but Brawl's chaingrabs are utterly ******** in the way that you don't have to interpret DI for any of them except for the tech-chase ones, which are actually interesting. At least in Melee you could try to get out by DI most of the time. Jeez.

Really, but chaingrabs are fine. The only thing that sucks about them is... like... Pika's chaingrab against Fox/Falcon, it's 70% free damage if the pikachu does it right. Then you just need a few OOS dsmashes or something else and then all you have to do is hit them with thunder or fsmash (okay, maybe not) and they've lost their stock. It just makes the matchup ******** and one-sided for an arbitrary, skill-less reason. But it would be wayyyyy too hard to regulate, and it's not an infinite so whatever.

Ulevo

Smash Master
This is a topic that was thoroughly discussed in the beginning life span of Brawl. It has already reached it's conclusion. Unless you feel there is information to report you are not already addressing, this discussion is moot.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Who is with me?
2v2
Items on.
Falcon on Falcon.
75m

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Infinites are one thing... Chaingrabs are another.

Chaingrabs aren't 1-hit kill moves, so you still have a good chance at winning. They're not broken like how infinities are.

Keep them in.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
-it is not a flaw, it is a gift from the smash god (M2K)
-it can make you feel good because chances are your opponent was too stupid enough to find out about the CG and find a way to escape it causing them a million $ in a tourney you won
-fox mains dont have to change, find a way to escape it duh
-IDC is banned because only MKs can do it and you cant do anything about it
-detestable isnt the right word to use since you can test it
-no it doesnt
-you can counter pick
-well if you think its unmanly and men are doing it, i think your unmanly enough to not use it
-no charactar has a 9:1 stupid (or do they?)
-well if he didnt want it he wouldve checked for it in the game right?
-well if you call it a tactic its never going to get banned
Many of your answers demostrate stupidity and ignorance....

metaXzero

Smash Champion
The only way to truly ban CGs without some exploitable loophole in whatever rule you make is to ban grabbing PERIOD! And that's just dumb and gimps some characters.

You don't ban things unless it centralizes the game around it. CGs do not...

I still disagree with the IDC ban

Luigi player

Smash Master
Chaingrabs are annoying (unless you're the one doing it xP), but yeah you can't do much about them and it's part of the game...

Now infinites are a different story...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Considering Dedede's chaingrab was so obvious that Japanese players found out about it even before day 0 (during the demo days), it's rather difficult to claim that it wasn't intended by the game's developers.

Slush

Smash Cadet
How would you want a detestable tactic like this to be in your game? This is not melee, is Brawl and what Pikachu can do to Fox and what can Ice Climbers do is just too broken... =/
First of all, I think Fox is broken, he can move around with forward smash and still stay pretty safe, hes got lasers, and also I dont like him. Because my friend keeps beating me with lasers and forward smash....they need to be banned. In fact lets just ban fox altogether along with any other techniques I can't deal with.

Secondly, look in this guys signature. This is someone who plays competitively with items, plays with friendly fire off, and doesn't want tiers.

So what I'm trying to say is, NO, no, no, and no.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
CGs are incredibly manly; I don't know wtf you're talking about. Also, honor is stupid in the context of a competitive game.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I know this is old, but, don't get grabbed.
The best of players adapt to opponents that love to CG and space better and force the CG'ers to play differently.

Barge

All I want is a custom title

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Honestly? Really dude?

Pikachu's Chaingrab against Fox does a limited amount of damage. After a certain percent, you can escape, and this is reduced further with proper DI. I really fail to see how this is that different from something that FOX HIMSELF can do: DAir to Utilt to Utilt to Utilt. Very difficult to escape at low percentages, and pretty much guarantees a fairly substantial amount of damage (~45%) from just holding one direction and pressing A a bunch of times.

No, Sakurai did not "intend" Chaingrabs to be in the game. But if we played the game as "Sakurai intended", it'd be all 4-player FFA 2-minute Time All Stages All Items, and the outcome of every single match would be decided by a Trip.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
No, Sakurai did not "intend" Chaingrabs to be in the game. But if we played the game as "Sakurai intended", it'd be all 4-player FFA 2-minute Time All Stages All Items, and the outcome of every single match would be decided by a Trip.
That was too much win. Sigging that :laugh:

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Go face a good Ice Climbers, see if you change your mind.

Ohwait... chaingrabs haven't been banned...ever... except infinites are limited by some OP's, and even then we've found ways around them. (Yeah for throw >footstool and IBL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom