• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain grabbing should be banned...(CG, stalling)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Simply because chaingrabs are easy to do doesn't mean the people using them suck. Of course not. Just look at the competitive scene around you. Pro falcos and dededes. I say ALL of them chaingrab.
Actually, most of the Falco/Dededes I fight (and they know what they're doing). Don't chain grab much. Usually they just stick to the attack strings and damage racking moves. Especially falco with all of his fast multiple striking moves.

K 2

Smash Lord
^^^ They only chaingrab you if you're stupid enough to attack their shield and get shield grabbed. They fight until they find an openning to grab, and then they sieze it, racking up damage quickly.

It's your fault you got grabbed...

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
Wow, guys, just stop posting. Scrubs like this guy are never going to effect you, and he's being absolutely ********. Just ****ing stop responding.

GL winning a tournament with being a scrub, whatever your weird name is.
and none of your BS is affecting me.

Never, not once did I say chain grabbing should be banned. But holy crap guys.

Umm...Wifi. Need I say more.

Realize how every single person who has tried to fight for this has lost, died, and fallen off the face of the earth.

We play like this because WE THINK ITS FUN. Apparently, you don't think its fun, so there's the door, and GTFO.

Edit to Punishment Divine: Didn't see that till its too late, heh-heh...-_-
So chaingrabbing and camping is FUN? Oh right ok.

And then you ***** about how slow brawl is. You're the ones slowing it down.

Like I said, I like playing competitively. It is fun (for some people) I hope we're on the same page there.

CGs auto kills? Enlighten me, Einstein.

IC's CG are hard, so stop with the "CG's are too easy, but I want to ban it since my character can't CG"

Combos:

Fox: Hold up on control stick, mash A over and over again until they pop out.
Shiek: Hold forward on control stick, mash A over and over again.

^^^ WOW those are hard. I totally see what you mean now.
not auto, but yes they definately can lead to a KO or a complete stock taken off.

Do you read what I'm saying? I know Ic's CGs are hard, I main them. So don't even pull that card on me.

if you mean those, then sure. However none of those can do damage like some cgs.

CG easily leading to death:

Falco: d throw repeat to spike. Characters with weak vertical recovers will not survive
Dedede infinite: just u tilt after you're done. Dead
Ike infinite: f throw f throw repeat. tilt dead.

Yeah... I see what you mean.

Okay, so some chain grabs don't take skill. What's your point? That it should be banned because it doesn't take skill? A lot of things in brawl don't take skill. Shielding, spot dodging, rolling, smash attacks. But I don't see you complaining about those. Maybe we should ban everything in brawl!
you're missing the point completely.

Chain grabbing is a means of racking up damage easily right? Sometimes even leading to death?

of course, what you said above aren't like chain grabs. They aren't instant death etc.

^^^ They only chaingrab you if you're stupid enough to attack their shield and get shield grabbed. They fight until they find an openning to grab, and then they sieze it, racking up damage quickly.

It's your fault you got grabbed...
Wait, so you've never been grabbed in a match before. Ever?

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
IC's CG are hard, so stop with the "CG's are too easy, but I want to ban it since my character can't CG"
Okay, so some chain grabs don't take skill. What's your point? That it should be banned because it doesn't take skill? A lot of things in brawl don't take skill. Shielding, spot dodging, rolling, smash attacks. But I don't see you complaining about those.
i agree with all the above; i couldnt hav said it better myself.

IC's infinite chaingrabs takes so much practice, especially since the timing varies depending on who you're fighting. anyone who says this takes no skill is ********

Semmick

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so some chain grabs don't take skill. What's your point? That it should be banned because it doesn't take skill? A lot of things in brawl don't take skill. Shielding, spot dodging, rolling, smash attacks. But I don't see you complaining about those. Maybe we should ban everything in brawl!
Best post Ive seen in this thread so far.

Barge

Like I said, I like playing competitively. It is fun (for some people) I hope we're on the same page there.

not auto, but yes they definately can lead to a KO or a complete stock taken off.

Do you read what I'm saying? I know Ic's CGs are hard, I main them. So don't even pull that card on me.

if you mean those, then sure. However none of those can do damage like some cgs.

Falco: d throw repeat to spike. Characters with weak vertical recovers will not survive

Chain grabbing is a means of racking up damage easily right? Sometimes even leading to death?

of course, what you said above aren't like chain grabs. They aren't instant death etc.

Wow.
So, what's your point then. You're not saying that they should be banned from tournament play, yet you're complaining about them. Why are you even here? This is a "ban cg's" thread, and you're not wanting them banned. Please, be clearer.

Barge

@Topic: Chain grab isn't stalling, its a way of getting damage. More like camping than stalling.
Stalling is no one attacking each other, running away, IDC, ledge hogging, etc.

At least with chain grabs you're making progress in the battle

K 2

Smash Lord
No **** Einstein.

CGs are not auto wins. In some situations an auto kill, but of course not.

and combos aren't cheap or easy to do in a long shot. They're much harder to pull off them simply grab d throw grab d throw grab d throw.

Falco's CG - death works on ... 3 characters (rarely used characters)
DDD's CG - death works on ... 5 characters (rarely used characters)
Ike had a CG? I have to research on this one.

MOST CG's tack on 40-50%. utilt/ftilt locks can tack on 30-40%. Combo's can tack on 50-60%, but are slightly more difficult to do (but not by much). If you ban CGs, you wil have to ban locks and combos as well.. Combo's aren't THAT difficult to do. (with exceptions)

I have been grabbed before. I usually screw up spacing and get shield grabbed to, but I don't complain about being CG'ed after I made a mistake.

EDIT: It's easy to avoid being grabbed by some falco or ddd that runs around the whole match trying to grab me. It's so predictable.

What about grab combos? oli has a dthrow -> usmash -> uair thats easy to perform and puts on a heafty 40+% in damage.

Barge

Olimar also has a "no-skill" stand grab chain grab on a few characters. Only works 2-3 times, but is still an easy 20-30% damage.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Umm...Wifi. Need I say more.

Realize how every single person who has tried to fight for this has lost, died, and fallen off the face of the earth.

We play like this because WE THINK ITS FUN. Apparently, you don't think its fun, so there's the door, and GTFO.

Edit to Punishment Divine: Didn't see that till its too late, heh-heh...-_-
Hey, isn't Aurora IL where Wayne's World takes place?

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
Wow.
So, what's your point then. You're not saying that they should be banned from tournament play, yet you're complaining about them. Why are you even here? This is a "ban cg's" thread, and you're not wanting them banned. Please, be clearer.
My point is: they're just not honorable. Yeah, call me a ***/scrub/n00b all you want. It's not going to change my opinion. I'd rather FIGHT my opponent then just 3 stock them with inescapable grabs.

Can we finally drop this now? Topics like this only lead to flame wars. Which I notice are very common on smashboards.

Barge

Oh, well, next time you fight ice climbers don't expect them not to use chaingrabs.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
My point is: they're just not honorable. Yeah, call me a ***/scrub/n00b all you want. It's not going to change my opinion. I'd rather FIGHT my opponent then just 3 stock them with inescapable grabs.

Can we finally drop this now? Topics like this only lead to flame wars. Which I notice are very common on smashboards.
Hasn't it already been lead to a flame war?

K 2

Smash Lord
If you don't believe CG's are honorable DON'T DO THEM, but don't expect others to do the same to you. If people would stop complaining about this, flame wars like this would never get started...

K 2

Smash Lord
Pikachu can only CG fox to around 70-80%. Fox can shine out of it around then. The matchup according to the fox boards is "LOL!", not 9:1 =P

Its a tactic thats used for racking up damage. Are you going to ban everything that can be used to rack up damage?

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
an easy EASY way to rack up damage. It takes no skill at all. Jesus christ. Look, if Marth's infinite on Ness/Lucas was banned. Where would that put them two on the tier list? Much higher right?

Repeatedly cg'ing is just the ***** way of fighting.
Marth can't actually infinite Ness.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Thats funny, because Ike doesnt have an infinite. >_>
His fthrow can CG if the person is slow, but most people escape it easily.
Also, Barge has just won this thread. Runner-up is K_2. =D

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
lol@op being wrong about the Pikachu cg on Fox and LOL@IKE CG.

Man I ****ing wish, Ike doesn't have a cg, and even if he did, he couldn't tilt kill you out of it, wow, just wow.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
that one was mostly about the DDD infinite, and that ones still going on just slower, but yes sort of. id just get used to seeing topics like this from now on.
no seriously, there was a thread called "chaingrabbing is cheap" and inside people were debating about banning it.

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
"blah blah blah....honorable...blah blah blah"

Just a few seconds ago in another thread I got done talking about this so here's some copypasta.

People keep saying its "honorable" to do this or that in a video game. There is no "honor" aspect to smash brothers. I hope that using the chaingrab vs not using the chaingrab isn't the most "honorable" thing about a person. I will get pissed however if I know someone was sandbagging against me by not using the chaingrab when that's the best strategy they could be doing against me at the time. Or, I couldn't care less but...

no johns.

edit: after a great response to my other post, I've changed my opinion on honor in smash. I find that I have more respect/disrespect for people based on how they act outside of the matches. If there is any honor in smash it is based on this. Not how many times you can knock the other guy off the stage.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
no seriously, there was a thread called "chaingrabbing is cheap" and inside people were debating about banning it.
really? guess i just ignored that one lol.

"blah blah blah....honorable...blah blah blah"

Just a few seconds ago in another thread I got done talking about this so here's some copypasta.

People keep saying its "honorable" to do this or that in a video game. There is no "honor" aspect to smash brothers. I hope that using the chaingrab vs not using the chaingrab isn't the most "honorable" thing about a person. I will get pissed however if I know someone was sandbagging against me by not using the chaingrab when that's the best strategy they could be doing against me at the time. Or, I couldn't care less but...

no johns.

edit: after a great response to my other post, I've changed my opinion on honor in smash. I find that I have more respect/disrespect for people based on how they act outside of the matches. If there is any honor in smash it is based on this. Not how many times you can knock the other guy off the stage.
outside of match is where respect lies for me too. lol

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Vs. a chaingrabber, try to stay in the air a lot. Or play on the edge of the stage. That'll frustrate the chaingrabber to no end and make you difficult to grab.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
You (the people petitioning to have all chaingrabs banned) are all scrubs, even using creator intent ("Sakurai didn't want this!") as an argument. Go away.

No, really, that's my only response to the premise of this thread.

K 2

Smash Lord
Yah...agreed.

If there anyway someone can close all these threads?

Maybe put a stickie that says "Stop creating ban CG, infinites, ledgecamping threads. Shut up and play the fricken game."

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Yah...agreed.

If there anyway someone can close all these threads?

Maybe put a stickie that says "Stop creating ban CG, infinites, ledgecamping threads. Shut up and play the fricken game."
no one has yet, so i guess we can just ignore any more of these types of threads. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom