• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain grabbing should be banned...(CG, stalling)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlmaVulpix
3DS FC
0877-0828-1646
Hey guys.

This game is about having fun.

You may say it's about making money, or about winning, or whatever.

But why do you care about winning?

Because winning is fun.

If there wasn't any fun in winning, you wouldn't be doing it.

Also, there are better ways to make money than playing games,(unless we're talking about starcraft in korea, lol) but to many pros, I believe they play games for money because it is the way to make money that provides the most FUN in doing so.

I mean, what could be better than making money by simply doing what you find to be fun?

You play the game because in the game, winning is fun. And through winning, the game is fun.
You play for the fun of winning.
You play for fun.

tl;dr: don't get grabbed, scrub.
Fun is right haha.

I play for fun.

But

I just happen to be good at it.

If you get CG'd, that's your fault for sucking enough to get grabbed.

.AC.

Smash Lord
threads about banning any kind of chain grabs are posted so frequently they get rather boring,just dont get grabbed.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Cocky idiots like you really pisses me off... :mad: I don't main fox and I've not been beaten bla bla.. I just saw a video of Pikachu infiniting Fox... a standing and infinite chain grabbing...
Last time I checked, Pika can only cg him to 60%, although I could be wrong. Infinites should be banned, cging was already in Melee, and anyone that wants it banned is a scrub.

Even if you want to deny it.. there is a feeling of honor in fighting games.. This is not war.. its a competition.. In many sports there are rules to prevent cheap strategies to win.. This game.. unlike Melee, has awful crack that we shouldn't exploit to win.. if you feel good after chain grabbing all the fight.. or infinite grab ... you are pathetic.. So you would use any stupid strategy to win, even if it is obvious that is unmanly and cheap? How lame...
No, in competitive gaming you use the tactics allowed to beat your opponent. Simple as that. If we're going be 'honorable' then lets never edge hog, or hell LETS BAN ****ING EDGE GUARDING ALL TOGETHER.

Competitive spirit is to give everything to win on a fair environment.. Not this grabbing crap..
Match up? Why would I have to use that? I use many characters.. but I think every player should have a character for epic fights.. your main.... the character you strive to be the best with.. If I go to a tournament.. I would like to stick with my main in all matches.. In a fair game.. that should be possible.... Brawl is pretty balanced.. except for this broken tactics based on poor beta testing.. Things we should fix with rules and with honor (don't using those tactics, the same way you should not hurt your opponnent and then run away until the time expires). To me, counterpicking is not manly. I can't win with my character so I pick this other".. If I cannot win against someone with my Sheik/Zelda.. I expect it is not because of someone abusing a tactic like infinite grabbing or chain grabbing on me..
This part made lol hard. Dude, in any game with multiple vastly different characters, some characters will have bad match ups. If you seriously think someone who is around the same skill level as other top level players at a tourney scene, can take DDD, and use only DDD to win the tourney, you're ****ing ********. Counter picking exists so players of characters who get ***** in certain match ups have someone to cover those weaknesses. You're going to ban one technique that beats certain characters because you refuse to counter pick. Man, you'd really suck at TF2 thinking as a sniper you can go even in a fight against a Pyro right in your face. You're going to lose because your *** is on fire, we're not going to ban fire so you wont lose.

P.D. I am not against multi-maining.. but you shouln't have to be forced to counterpick because of a broken tactic done against your character.. What I say is..
counterpicking shouldn't be an argument against banning a tactic done against a character..
You act like cg'ing is the only reason a character will lose in a match up. Well, like I said before, the fact that you refuse to sue a different character and cant address your characters weaknesses is your own ****ing fault. No one is forcing you to change your character in a tourney set, you just cant handle a technique so rather then try to deal with it, you ***** and moan about it.

The reason it isn't banned is because cg'ing doesn't stagnate the game. There is a huge difference between cheap and too good, learn it and shut the **** up. Your post reeks of scrubness, you're calling to ban a technique in competitive play when competitive players have come to the consensus to NOT ban it.

Starscream

Smash Ace
if you feel good after chain grabbing all the fight.. or infinite grab ... you are pathetic.. So you would use any stupid strategy to win, even if it is obvious that is unmanly and cheap? How lame...
He might not feel good but who's gonna get the cash? Hint: not you if you constrict yourself to these mental blocks and "honor".

What does "manliness" have to do with any of this? I personally find all this *****ing pretty feminine.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Why is this thread still open?
We discussed banning changrabs back in Feb, when we still though D3's CG was more broken then a Waveshine. why are we going back to this?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
@Ultimario

its never gonna die out, its gonna keep coming back until its either banned, or some brand new way to break it emerges. and even then someone may still recreat a topic just like this one. i suggest you either jump in and read along, or just ignore it if you really don't care about it that much.

viparagon

Smash Ace
Why is this thread still open?
We discussed banning changrabs back in Feb, when we still though D3's CG was more broken then a Waveshine. why are we going back to this?
d3's infinite is more broken than a waveshine, which only worked on half the chars anyway.\ WAT U TALKIN BOUT N00B

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
Last time I checked, Pika can only cg him to 60%, although I could be wrong. Infinites should be banned, cging was already in Melee, and anyone that wants it banned is a scrub.

No, in competitive gaming you use the tactics allowed to beat your opponent. Simple as that. If we're going be 'honorable' then lets never edge hog, or hell LETS BAN ****ING EDGE GUARDING ALL TOGETHER.

This part made lol hard. Dude, in any game with multiple vastly different characters, some characters will have bad match ups. If you seriously think someone who is around the same skill level as other top level players at a tourney scene, can take DDD, and use only DDD to win the tourney, you're ****ing ********. Counter picking exists so players of characters who get ***** in certain match ups have someone to cover those weaknesses. You're going to ban one technique that beats certain characters because you refuse to counter pick. Man, you'd really suck at TF2 thinking as a sniper you can go even in a fight against a Pyro right in your face. You're going to lose because your *** is on fire, we're not going to ban fire so you wont lose.

You act like cg'ing is the only reason a character will lose in a match up. Well, like I said before, the fact that you refuse to sue a different character and cant address your characters weaknesses is your own ****ing fault. No one is forcing you to change your character in a tourney set, you just cant handle a technique so rather then try to deal with it, you ***** and moan about it.

The reason it isn't banned is because cg'ing doesn't stagnate the game. There is a huge difference between cheap and too good, learn it and shut the **** up. Your post reeks of scrubness, you're calling to ban a technique in competitive play when competitive players have come to the consensus to NOT ban it.
You ARE wrong... He can be infinite grabbed to death.. I don't really want do discuss with idiots that are so impolite while talking.. To me chain grabbing is carp and infinite grabbing is to be banned.. To me.infinite grabbing is chain grabbing, I see you call it different.. ok
Don't talk about learning CG that because it is pretty easy..

Well.. then should we propose to ban all infinites?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
You ARE wrong... He can be infinite grabbed to death.. I don't really want do discuss with idiots that are so impolite while talking.. To me chain grabbing is carp and infinite grabbing is to be banned.. To me.infinite grabbing is chain grabbing, I see you call it different.. ok
Don't talk about learning CG that because it is pretty easy..

Well.. then should we propose to ban all infinites?
What? Do you even think before you speak?
infinites=never ending combo.
Chain grabbing=long sequence but ends eventually due to damage, length of stage, etc etc.

Pika doesn't infinite Fox. its a really nasty CG.

Shouldn't be banned or should?
infinites were in melee as well and were on a larger amount of the cast than DDD,Marth's infinites.

Wobbling worked on everyone but was never banned. unless it wins games, then it cannot be banned.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
What? Do you even think before you speak?
infinites=never ending combo.
Chain grabbing=long sequence but ends eventually due to damage, length of stage, etc etc.

Pika doesn't infinite Fox. its a really nasty CG.

Shouldn't be banned or should?
infinites were in melee as well and were on a larger amount of the cast than DDD,Marth's infinites.

Wobbling worked on everyone but was never banned. unless it wins games, then it cannot be banned.
I dislike infinites because they are infinite, lol. I dont expect them to be banned and I'm not going to make a post about them, but some infinites are kinda stupid.

As for Morpheus, he's simply making scrub comments about cg'ing altogether and the counter pick system, and his only defense is we are all idiots.

Morpheus, the competitive community disagrees with you, and you'll never attempt to get good at the game because you have the inner code of honor, so dont ****ing tell us what should be banned at tourneys. And btw epic scrub tastic sig.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Ok, chain grabs should be banned because they stall the game? So combo's should be banned because they stall the game? Because certain characters can combo other characters these tactics should be banned according to you. Just my analyses of your post. (@ first post)

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Shielding and dodging stall a game too, so let's ban that as well. And camping, combos, and not fastfalling.

K 2

Smash Lord
Ahh people! Just let these threads DIE! No one post after this! I'm tired of seeing these threads and hearing people whine about basic elements of the game! Stop it! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
if metaknight didnt get banned... chaingrabs dont stand a chance.
jussayin...

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
an easy EASY way to rack up damage. It takes no skill at all. Jesus christ. Look, if Marth's infinite on Ness/Lucas was banned. Where would that put them two on the tier list? Much higher right?

Repeatedly cg'ing is just the ***** way of fighting.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
If you don't like CGing, don't play people who do it. Or just stop playing competetively and only play for Lulz.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
if metaknight didnt get banned... chaingrabs dont stand a chance.
jussayin...
....Um, the terrible grammar there made it hard for me to understand what you're saying. I assume you mean if "he DOESN'T get banned chaingrabs WONT have a chance" which doesn't really make any sense at all. Falco has a chain grab on him, and people use characters besides Mk....=/

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
And don't pull the "you suck for getting grabbed". So what, I can't get hit once? Oh yeah I must reeally suck for getting grabbed.

It just takes no skill what-so-ever (excluding Ic's)

I see most people here will simply do anything to win. Even if it means using means of cheap tactics. Fine by me, but I'll keep fighting the way I always have.

A non spammy, non campy, just an overall not annoying way of play. Sorry if I sound like some dip but I actually care about what people think of me after the match is over.

I certainly don't like called being a spammer or such.

It;s the same thing with chaingrabbing. It's simply dishonorable.

Of course, I do other things that may be considered "cheap". i,e, edgehogging, spiking, whatever.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
And don't pull the "you suck for getting grabbed". So what, I can't get hit once? Oh yeah I must reeally suck for getting grabbed.

I see most people here will simply do anything to win. Even if it means using means of cheap tactics. Fine by me, but I'll keep fighting the way I always have.

A non spammy, non campy, just an overall not annoying way of play. Sorry if I sound like some dip but I actually care about what people think of me after the match is over.

Of course, I do other things that may be considered "cheap". i,e, edgehogging, spiking, whatever.
The skill comes from what you do with it. If chain grabbing takes no skill then the person using it must have no skill, Which means after you're at a high percentage and you can't get chain grabbed anymore, you can easily 3 stock his ***, right?
Someone with no skill wouldn't know what to do after the chain grab is useless.
Play to win.

illinialex24

Smash Hero

You are the definition of a casual Brawler and one who will not win a tournament.

K 2

Smash Lord
an easy EASY way to rack up damage. It takes no skill at all. Jesus christ. Look, if Marth's infinite on Ness/Lucas was banned. Where would that put them two on the tier list? Much higher right?

Repeatedly cg'ing is just the ***** way of fighting.
Lol. Its not an infinite anymore. They can DI the grab release. Ness and Lucas suck regardless of marth. Marth is good, regardless of some infinite that isn't an infinite on some character no one uses.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Lol. Its not an infinite anymore. They can DI the grab release. Ness and Lucas suck regardless of marth. Marth is good, regardless of some infinite that isn't an infinite on some character no one uses.
Exactly, they can double stick out of it and its been known for a long time. Infinites aren't great for the game unless they involve huge skill, like IC chain-grabs.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
The skill comes from what you do with it. If chain grabbing takes no skill then the person using it must have no skill, Which means after you're at a high percentage and you can't get chain grabbed anymore, you can easily 3 stock his ***, right?
Play to win.
Wow. You basically just ***** slapped every scrub in the face with words.

Seriously, casual players act like they have something to defend, they don't, they just whine about things that don't effect them, which is counter productive.

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
Play to win.
ignorant little bugger aren't you. Just because a technique doesn't require skill doesn't mean the person playing it won't have skill.

Look at pro falco/dedede. They all chaingrab. But they know what to do after the chaingrabbing is over. It's very easy to get a grab to start your enemy at 40-50 damage.

You are the definition of a casual Brawler and one who will not win a tournament.
Wow. So someone who doesn't constantly chaingrab is considered a casual and will never ever win a tourney? Look around you.

And yes, I do play in "wifi tourneys". In my crew.

Exactly, they can double stick out of it and its been known for a long time. Infinites aren't great for the game unless they involve huge skill, like IC chain-grabs.
Hmm... I even saw a YT video demonstrating that. However the person showing me that just said "marth wasn't doing it right"

-----------

I never knew smashboards had such an intense environment. Of course, play to win. I rarely play with items or on banned stages. But I think you guys are taking it way too far. Who says you can't have fun while playing competitively?

K 2

Smash Lord
CGs, combos, and locks help rack up damage. They aren't autowins by far.

Ever thought of now getting grabbed after you respawn? It's kind of obvious that a falco player wants to grab you at 0%. You should be able to punish someone who runs around trying to grab you all the time.

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
Wow. You basically just ***** slapped every scrub in the face with words.

Seriously, casual players act like they have something to defend, they don't, they just whine about things that don't effect them, which is counter productive.
As I replied to Barge. Chaingrabs DON'T take skill, what-so-ever. Does it take skill to simply grab d throw grab d throw repeat? I don't think so.

Simply because chaingrabs are easy to do doesn't mean the people using them suck. Of course not. Just look at the competitive scene around you. Pro falcos and dededes. I say ALL of them chaingrab.

Yeah, they must suck bullocks to make it that far.

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
CGs, combos, and locks help rack up damage. They aren't autowins by far.

Ever thought of now getting grabbed after you respawn? It's kind of obvious that a falco player wants to grab you at 0%. You should be able to punish someone who runs around trying to grab you all the time.
No **** Einstein.

CGs are not auto wins. In some situations an auto kill, but of course not.

and combos aren't cheap or easy to do in a long shot. They're much harder to pull off them simply grab d throw grab d throw grab d throw.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Wow, guys, just stop posting. Scrubs like this guy are never going to effect you, and he's being absolutely ********. Just ****ing stop responding.

GL winning a tournament with being a scrub, whatever your weird name is.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
And yes, I do play in "wifi tourneys". In my crew.
Umm...Wifi. Need I say more.

I never knew smashboards had such an intense environment. Of course, play to win. I rarely play with items or on banned stages. But I think you guys are taking it way too far. Who says you can't have fun while playing competitively?
Realize how every single person who has tried to fight for this has lost, died, and fallen off the face of the earth.

We play like this because WE THINK ITS FUN. Apparently, you don't think its fun, so there's the door, and GTFO.

Edit to Punishment Divine: Didn't see that till its too late, heh-heh...-_-

K 2

Smash Lord
CGs auto kills? Enlighten me, Einstein.

IC's CG are hard, so stop with the "CG's are too easy, but I want to ban it since my character can't CG"

Combos:

Fox: Hold up on control stick, mash A over and over again until they pop out.
Shiek: Hold forward on control stick, mash A over and over again.

^^^ WOW those are hard. I totally see what you mean now.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
As I replied to Barge. Chaingrabs DON'T take skill, what-so-ever. Does it take skill to simply grab d throw grab d throw repeat? I don't think so.

Simply because chaingrabs are easy to do doesn't mean the people using them suck. Of course not. Just look at the competitive scene around you. Pro falcos and dededes. I say ALL of them chaingrab.

Yeah, they must suck bullocks to make it that far.
Okay, so some chain grabs don't take skill. What's your point? That it should be banned because it doesn't take skill? A lot of things in brawl don't take skill. Shielding, spot dodging, rolling, smash attacks. But I don't see you complaining about those. Maybe we should ban everything in brawl!

K 2

Smash Lord
Okay, so some chain grabs don't take skill. What's your point? That it should be banned because it doesn't take skill? A lot of things in brawl don't take skill. Shielding, spot dodging, rolling, smash attacks. But I don't see you complaining about those. Maybe we should ban everything in brawl!
ooo Good point! +1 for the stfu and stop complaining side! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom