• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGC @ SFSU XXV - SEP. 3rd!

onski?

Smash Ace
update : Brawl Doubles has been cut. Brawl Singles will be Round-Robin play leading up to a 32 (or 16) man bracket.

and as usual infinite bottled water privileges will be granted to those of you who bring a full set-up.

Shroomed

Smash Master
i agree, cuz me and brandon gone team for brawl doubles son

where ya'll at

double meta-knight come get some

Flareneos

Smash Rookie
This sucks! I wanted to enter in brawl doubles!Why is it being cut out of this tournament?

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Grinding in WoW is not only funy, but fast.

Grinding in anything else (im looking at YOU MS/LT) is not fun. Ever.

pockyD

Smash Legend
it just seems kind of odd to scrap doubles... but add pools

more events = better! and is barlw really that hard to seed? there's a few at the top that you need to spread out, then everyone else is mediocre anyway and is interchangable... pools shouldn't be needed

edit: oh yeah, dota is boring

Shroomed

Smash Master
grinding in WoW is fun when there's the every so often opportunity (i forgot how to spell it, is that right)
to gank someone

everyone should jus play RTS games, they're better

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
it just seems kind of odd to scrap doubles... but add pools

more events = better! and is barlw really that hard to seed? there's a few at the top that you need to spread out, then everyone else is mediocre anyway and is interchangable... pools shouldn't be needed
well, I like the idea of scrapping both altogether because no matter what it will take hella long. I think that pools are ok because everyone *****es about the seeding (that is entirely based off of the brawl PR, and DONE by the panelists themselves) and then they ***** about only being able to play 2 people when they get *****, and then can't play friendlies after because all 8 tv's are used for tournament. *shrugs*

SuperRad

Smash Master
whoever runs the brackets at CGC tends to **** them up

they seem to try to reseed and rearrange by moving byes, which causes really ****ed up results [see the tournament where sheridan places 33 out of 25 or whatever].

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
whoever runs the brackets at CGC tends to **** them up

they seem to try to reseed and rearrange by moving byes, which causes really ****ed up results [see the tournament where sheridan places 33 out of 25 or whatever].
Brawl Singles (entered as HyugaRicdeau)
Lost to TOA Artisan KUROHiTO
Lost to ishnoshine
Placed 49 out of 42

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's not barlw kid exclusive

at SCSA, some people got TWO byes right off the bat, while others got none at all

*in melee

onski?

Smash Ace
i apologize about that fvcked up bracket. we let Irow, a NorCal Brawl Power Ranking panelist, seed the bracket, and as you can see, he messed it up big time. rest assured it won't happen again.

i honestly thought this would be the last place i would hear people complaining about a Brawl event being cut.. but regardless, Brawl Doubles is being dropped for this tournament for three reasons, two of which are negligible and one of which is direly serious.

1. Set-Up quotas are consistently not met for Brawl
2. Running Brawl Doubles has set back Singles at least 2 hours from it's projected start time, every time we've run it.
3. i received a complaint from the OSPLD, the Office of Student Programs and Leadership Development, saying that because we have consistently run past our scheduled time we are in jeopardy of losing a venue. therefore, Brawl Doubles is being cut for this tournament to gauge whether or not it's effective to chop off that particular event.

suck it.

onski?

Smash Ace
ima pick up another crate of the +1 faith water, we need as many Melee Set-Ups as possible.. Even memory cards, copies of Melee and power strips can get you water (if we use them).

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
I think I have an extra power strip at home.

Also Ill be bringing a cube with melee (memory card of course).

Does anybody wanna team with me :D.

R00R

Smash Journeyman
Brawl + is toooo good, it would be awesome to see it at CGC. I bet so many people would enter it just to try it out.

onski?

Smash Ace
Brawl + is definitely a legit possibility as a side tournament. but we would need TVs for it, just the modded Wiis won't cut it. i don't see a problem running it (aside from the fact that Lucien will probably win).

basically it goes like this, if we have 3 or 4 Brawl+ set-ups, i will run a Brawl + Tournament.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Brawl + is definitely a legit possibility as a side tournament. but we would need TVs for it, just the modded Wiis won't cut it. i don't see a problem running it (aside from the fact that Lucien will probably win).
by that logic you shouldn't include ssb then. Isai is just gonna win

also for future reference, no one is touching my laptop except for staff once the brackets have been generated.

that one instance where sheridan got beyond last place was because someone switched around other results AFTER the matches had been played. I tried to fix all the errors, obviously I missed one.

so yeah, no one touches that **** after brackets have been generated.

Top Bottom