• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGC @ SFSU XXV - SEP. 3rd!

pockyD

Smash Legend
i barely noticed a difference

obv i was just playing computers but i had to deliberately try to use the wacky hitbox to get the weird angle

sheik's uair and ganon's fair are the most noticeable things by far, i'd say

fox's up-b too; the u-smash less so imo since foxes throw them out all the time anyway

also no EXTENDERR makes me sad

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
I hardly ever drink coffee, most of the time I drink chai or regular tea. I got coffee because my friend works at Peet's and I can get it for free once in a while and I don't like Peet's chai.

I love Chai. I have this friend from India that lives in SF now, makes the best chai I have ever had.

i got PAL melee working, albeit without color as of now

hearing the announcer say 'pummeluff' and 'rondoudou' is as good as advertised

unfortunately, there is no special "el jigglypuff"

justin you promised me hours of PAL sheik ditto

edit: got color working... i'm very excited right now!

Aaahhh is this what you needed AR for?

i think in a perfect world we would all play PAL

but that would never happen

USA *****ES

NEW CGC EVENT TO REPLACE BRAWL!!!

PAL SIDE TOURNEY!!!

pockyD

Smash Legend
i think it's dumb and serves absolutely zero purpose

maybe if there's a circuit and the "pro bracket" is earned based on prior merit, sure

but something arbitrary like the PR? all we're doing is giving ranked people like 6 byes; i don't see why that's desirable for anybody

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
i think any non-ranked player that supports it probably has some misunderstandings about how it works
Its just a concept. Something to reward rank players. For the players that arent ranked you play more we also get more of an idea what skill level your at. We need consistent attendence for sure. Theres no point in doing it if theres 20 sign ups

pockyD

Smash Legend
ranked players are already rewarded via seeding...

and the point is, what have they actually done such that they deserve 'rewarding'? this system is far more likely to punish everyone else that enters than reward the top few

onski?

Smash Ace
Is CGC ever going to try the "Pro Bracket" and "Non-Pro Bracket" thing. I think that would be cool
nah Zack, Pocky is right, it's kind of a silly concept.

our first concern is eradicating brawl permanently. the community is a lingering, festering thing. kind of like an ex who will not take the hint and keeps on sucking your blood.

after we axe them permanently then we can focus on PAL tournies so we can crush the europeans at their own game

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't really get the point of a pal tourney since it's mostly the same thing

aside from sheik, everyone else plays pretty much the same, and there are barely any sheik players to be affected

unless we do a pal sheik only tournament

HMMMMM

also the issue of not having enough setups

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
A bad falco downair would depress me. I like my broken US version too much.
yeah, its whack dude. although, doing soft dair to dair spike is hilarious. its like doing the soft knee to knee finisher, only they still don't die cuz they meteor cancel your ****

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
Hey I know I've been out of the circuit for mad long, but I think I can make it to this. I still got my controller but I ditched my GC-- don't ask. LMK if u guys have room for an entrant and I can hustle up the six bucks.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I also forgot to announce that we will be doing a sort of amateur bracket at this tournament. When pools are done down to top 32 or so the people who were eliminated will have a chance to buy back in and go into a separate bracket. That bracket will be played out just like the top 32, with the winners of THAT tournament also making the prize money paid to get in. This is a common concept in other fighting game communities and we are going to implement it to GAMME also. More prize winners anyone? More people with a chance to win money?? I am going to pay out as many players as possible here, i love giving tons o' people moneys
sounds interesting

it's like your am/pro bracket idea but in reverse; sort of an arcadian event

the big problem with doing it in something like this would be someone throwing matches to get into the am bracket and win easy money =\

pockyD

Smash Legend
just to clarify, i think it's a pretty mediocre idea too

what i would like sometime is to have an arcadian type tournament where lower-ranked players can ban a character from their higher-ranked opponents

any gimmick ideas like this and the am/pro thing should be separate from our regular tournaments though, not replacing them

Top Bottom