• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGC presents! ATLANTIC MASTER CUP Date TBA *read update* HUGE VENUE! MELEE ONLY!!!!!

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
So silly... I graduated from UNCW... and there was like... NOTHING nifty like this when I was there.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Did they still have all those **** speed bumps around campus:mad::mad::mad:
Ya... what's worse... is that they made them BIGGER as you are coming in off of Randall. They disguise it as a crosswalk/speedbump... but... LIES, LIES AND SLANDER

Edit: you add Brawl to this, I will most likely attend for sure as I want to swing back by my alma-mater. =P

</selfishness>

Editx2:
hey dull razer i'll mm you in melee at this :grin:

if i can make it
Can i just give you five dollars instead? Because, that'd be the same thing... and we can skip the whole "playing" thing. LoL

DUB

Smash Lord
Can i just give you five dollars instead? Because, that'd be the same thing... and we can skip the whole "playing" thing. LoL
You got plenty of time to practice. However ACE is the most ballin Ganon on this side of the Milky Way.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
You got plenty of time to practice. However ACE is the most ballin Ganon on this side of the Milky Way.
But... I don't want to practice. I haven't touched Melee since the year before Brawl came out.

Actually, I lied. My little cousin wanted to play it once... and I couldn't even shino ledgestall anymore.

*would MM in a rousing game of battledome tho*

DUB

Smash Lord
But... I don't want to practice. I haven't touched Melee since the year before Brawl came out.

Actually, I lied. My little cousin wanted to play it once... and I couldn't even shino ledgestall anymore.

*would MM in a rousing game of battledome tho*
Moved on to Brawl?

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Moved on to Brawl?
To be frank, I wasn't anything special in Melee, and only attended the tourneys I did to see some friends I made *through* the game or whatev. After I moved to school, there wasn't really anyone who was remotely "competitive" so I dropped it. Brawl came out, I got it, and am decent at it, and enjoy it.

BUT, I'm getting off-topic. Depending on if I can find a good excuse to go to Wilmington (as 4 hours is a rough drive) for something other than *just* melee... I'll attend.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
ya'll both go/went to uncw, dub and dull razer? I went there for my first year in 06. Knew a few people that played melee but they all sucked.

Ya, I went from 05 to '08 (early graduation, ftw!) and I, too, found only a few folks, and they were horrible. I mean, I at my best was sub-par... and I was three-stocking most of them most of the time. So, I kind of gave up melee from the time I went there on... and brawl came out.

Why'd you leave/transfer/whatev? Always good to see another Dub broski, even if it was for a short time, lol.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
early graduation, nice. I'm the opposite lol. I placed out of a few things and was on a 17 hour semi-difficult pre-med schedule all the while partying my *** off literally every night with my friends from home that go to cape fear. Long story short, it didn't work out too well so I've been working and taking community college / online classes since. I guess I'm moving to raleigh and transferring to state soon though... I also lived in wilmington for summer 07.

Wouldn't doubt it if i had run into you before though.. i hung out with a lot of diff. people at the dub. I was in Graham 2nd floor.. where'd you stay at back then?

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
early graduation, nice. I'm the opposite lol. I placed out of a few things and was on a 17 hour semi-difficult pre-med schedule all the while partying my *** off literally every night with my friends from home that go to cape fear. Long story short, it didn't work out too well so I've been working and taking community college / online classes since. I guess I'm moving to raleigh and transferring to state soon though... I also lived in wilmington for summer 07.

Wouldn't doubt it if i had run into you before though.. i hung out with a lot of diff. people at the dub. I was in Graham 2nd floor.. where'd you stay at back then?

Ah, that sucks- but, that's what happens. I *realyl* lucked out with class scheduling so that all my classes were like 2pm and I was done at 5... so I could get WASTED everynight if I wanted and still make it to class relatively easy.

'05-06; Gway 5th Floor
06-07; Seahawk Village building 2
07-08; Seahawk Village Building 2
'08-grad; Seahawk Landing

State's legit- a good # of folks from my HS went there. campus is ugly as bawls tho, imo. lol

Pre-med stuff? Nice. Marketing for me.

Graham2ndfloor... *thinks of people* Well, my old roommate Matt Dunkle stayed @ Graham his freshman year (05-06) but I think he knew some people in graham for the following year. I hung out with a wide array of folks as well... probably came across you at a party or somethin'

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
WHY AM I JUST NOW HEARING ABOUT THIS?

JM, I can no longer look at you as a friend anymore. The trauma you must've caused Slasherking must've been... traumatic

SLASHERKING you never told me about this! I thought we were buddies! You need to tell me these things, we can find a way through. You wanna talk about it?

SK919

Deal with it
WHY AM I JUST NOW HEARING ABOUT THIS?

JM, I can no longer look at you as a friend anymore. The trauma you must've caused Slasherking must've been... traumatic

SLASHERKING you never told me about this! I thought we were buddies! You need to tell me these things, we can find a way through. You wanna talk about it?

Well spoon... I'll try and find the courage to tell you.... It was a rainy day in the spring of 2009... I'll never forget that rain... loud and heavy.. like my pain. :( We had just finished a casual session of good ole' super smash brothers so of course the day was good despite the mood of the sky. I had to depart because there were important matters to deal with but as I left my stead...... I was followed.

I don't know if I can go on spoon.. those memories are just too hard to bear.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Well, admitance is the first step to recovery. You've done a very brave thing letting that out. I'm... I'm proud of you. We can make it through, just... subscribe to my $100 a month recovery plan and I'll asign you a "theRAPIST who cares".

As for you, JM... I know some scary men who would do a lot for the money I have, so I say you stay on my good side or you don't know what may be literally up your ***.

J.M.

Smash Rookie
You guys, when I said "****" I simply meant "defeat in a video game"

I would hate for you to mix up the meaning if I said "I own slasher king"

SK919

Deal with it
You guys, when I said "****" I simply meant "defeat in a video game"

I would hate for you to mix up the meaning if I said "I own slasher king"
spoon and I just wanted to take your sarcasm out of context to make fun of you.

In more serious matters we should really start hyping this tournament now that genesis is over....

lets make sigs

BEHR

Smash Hero
Dude make sure you hype this up in tourney listings. :3

SK919

Deal with it
yeah I have to make sure to not forget about that thread if we want this to be big.

Once I get back to the dub I'm going to take a lot of pictures of the Warwick ball room as well. Once people see how big the room is we can show that this is the real deal

Top Bottom