• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CFL Winterfest Crews

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Okay this is pretty much an alternate to what I originally wanted to do but it will work in the same way of how I want it to be to decide who get to join CFL crews at Winterfest, I want the character selection to be diverse and for us to have a legit mk so far I think my mk is the best on the list (I stand to be corrected though) so before I go on I’d like to hear of any likes dislikes etc…

So the basic system of thing will work like this, everyone on this list will have to play each other like a pools bracket (no sets, 2 matches only) and points will accumulate for wins however 2 points will be awarded to any player who is able to take a match of a Hrnut, Co18 Hungrybox, or GDX or Radix 4 points will be awarded for both matches if won (so I encourage you to try your best) neutrals will be played for every match however the loser of the first match will get to choose the next neutral (stage striking will happen first match). I also encourage that our list be very diverse in who we play so I’d advise everyone that gets chosen to have a secondary that most others don't play and train them up if for winterfest just in case you get super counterpicked by someone in another crew.

So here's how it will look if when someone wins/loses:

Examples
Gdx vs Fearless
Set=Even (meaning) both players won one match Gdx gets 1 point fearless gets 2

Fearless vs Raz
Set=Raz meaning Raz won both of the matches so Raz gets two fearless is still at two from beating GDX so they’re even at the current time.

In the case of a tie breaker the people who are tied will have the opportunity to fight each other until a crew of ten people is left.

If anyone has some good ideas I’ll be sure to consider them so tell me what you think/feel about this as a deciding system.

Oh I almost forgot, on the bottom of the ten people that I’ve personally chosen are ten slots for other players that me Gdx and co18 will consider for crews if you believe that you are viable then please express your opinion to either one of us and we’ll discuss it amongst each other.

For instance because I know this is gonna happen :laugh: Gallax ask me I talk to Gdx and Co18 they think about it 2/3 agree then we add you to the list, I’m willing to add 5 extra slots if we can think of more viable people for crews.

Current Standing: Hrnut (:falco: :marth: :snake:)= 0 points ; Co18 (:dedede: :wario: :snake:)= 0 points ; Radix (:snake: :metaknight: :dedede:)=0 points ; Kei (:peach:)=0 points ; Kyon (:peach:)=0 points ; Hungrybox (:dedede: :jigglypuff:)=0 points ; GDX (:diddy: G&W-to hell with his picture lol )=0 points ; Fearless (:olimar: :metaknight:)=0 points ; Spike (:snake: :pit: :rob:)=0 points ; Raz (:pikachu: :metaknight:)=0 points ; Gallax (:snake: :pikachu:)

Hrnut vs CO18
Set=_____

Hrnut vs Radix
Set=_____

Hrnut vs Kei
Set=_____

Hrnut vs Kyon
Set=_____

Hrnut vs Hbox
Set=_____

Hrnut vs GDX
Set=_____

Hrnut vs Fearless
Set=_____

Hrnut vs Spike
Set=_____

Hrnut vs Raz
Set=_____

Hrnut vs Gallax
Set=_____

Hrnut vs
Set=_____

Hrnut vs
Set=_____

Hrnut vs
Set=_____

Hrnut vs
Set=_____

Co18 vs Radix
Set=_____

Co18 vs Kei
Set=_____

Co18 vs Kyon
Set=_____

Co18 vs Hbox
Set=_____

Co18 vs GDX
Set=_____

Co18 vs Fearless
Set=_____

Co18 vs Spike
Set=_____

Co18 vs Raz
Set=_____

Co18 vs Gallax
Set=_____

Co18 vs
Set=_____

Co18 vs
Set=_____

Co18 vs
Set=_____

Co18 vs
Set=_____

Radix vs Kei
Set=_____

Radix vs Kyon
Set=_____

Radix vs Hbox
Set=_____

Radix vs GDX
Set=_____

Radix vs Fearless
Set=_____

Radix vs Spike
Set=_____

Radix vs Raz
Set=_____

Radix vs Gallax
Set=_____

Radix vs
Set=_____

Radix vs
Set=_____

Radix vs
Set=_____

Radix vs
Set=_____

Kei vs Kyon
Set=_____

Kei vs Hbox
Set=_____

Kei vs GDX
Set=_____

Kei vs Fearless
Set=_____

Kei vs Spike
Set=_____

Kei vs Raz
Set=_____

Kei vs Gallax
Set=_____

Kei vs
Set=_____

Kei vs
Set=_____

Kei vs
Set=_____

Kei vs
Set=_____

Kyon vs Hbox
Set=_____

Kyon vs GDX
Set=_____

Kyon vs Fearless
Set=_____

Kyon vs Spike
Set=_____

Kyon vs Raz
Set=_____

Kyon vs Gallax
Set=_____

Kyon vs
Set=_____

Kyon vs
Set=_____

Kyon vs
Set=_____

Kyon vs
Set=_____

Hbox vs GDX
Set=_____

Hbox vs Fearless
Set=_____

Hbox vs Spike
Set=_____

Hbox vs Raz
Set=_____

Hbox vs Gallax
Set=_____

Hbox vs
Set=_____

Hbox vs
Set=_____

Hbox vs
Set=_____

Hbox vs
Set=_____

Gdx vs Fearless
Set=_____

Gdx vs Spike
Set=_____

Gdx vs Raz
Set=_____

Gdx vs Gallax
Set=_____

Gdx vs
Set=_____

Gdx vs
Set=_____

Gdx vs
Set=_____

Gdx vs
Set=_____

Fearless vs Spike
Set=_____

Fearless vs Raz
Set=_____

Fearless vs Gallax
Set=_____

Fearless vs
Set=_____

Fearless vs
Set=_____

Fearless vs
Set=_____

Fearless vs
Set=_____

Spike vs Raz
Set=_____

Spike vs Gallax
Set=_____

Spike vs
Set=_____

Spike vs
Set=_____

Spike vs
Set=_____

Spike vs
Set=_____

Raz vs Gallax
Set=_____

Raz vs
Set=_____

Raz vs
Set=_____

Raz vs
Set=_____

Raz vs
Set=_____

Gallax vs
Set=_____

Gallax vs
Set=_____

Gallax vs
Set=_____

Gallax vs
Set=_____

If I made any mistakes please be sure to note them and I’ll be sure to go back and fix them.

One more thing all Crew players will have to get together and practice at least twice before crews so we can help each other with matchups. It doesn’t have to be a private smashfest or anything but we will have to be serious if we want to wreck at Winterfest.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
you should add galax to the list

as of now we have 11, 12 if you include galax on the list. couldn't each player on the list just agree to your decision of who goes on and who doesn't? maybe as decided by a panelist of you, co, and gdx? so that we don't have to go through all these matches at various tournaments that people might not be at?

idk if everyone else likes the idea I'm down

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I'm guessing this is CFL only, huh...

I bet a crew for SFL is already formed without me in it. How depressing. :(

:069:

Toneh

Smash Lord
LOL, thats alota matches to play hrnut.
as of now we have 11, 12 if you include galax on the list. couldn't each player on the list just agree to your decision of who goes on and who doesn't? maybe as decided by a panelist of you, co, and gdx? so that we don't have to go through all these matches at various tournaments that people might not be at?
seems more realistic.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
you should add galax to the list

idk if everyone else likes the idea I'm down
I'm fine with that as well but i don't just want who we think should be on it thats the main reason i want to do this.
lol wth is this.
this is more or less how we are gonna decide crews for winterfest and hopefully there-on i was trying to think of the fairest way to do it instead of just choosing people,

i want to actually give several people a chance to make it onto crews instead of just choosing whomever i think (or top players think is elite)

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Ultimately i'm willing to change this entire thing up as long as it gives some other people a possiblity of making it into crews, just throw ideas at me and we can discuss it currently this is a discussion i wanted to give you guys an outline to what it may look like so throw your ideas out there and please lets not bash anyones idea before we try it, oh by the way will winterfest crews be five or ten??

gallax

Smash Hero
yeah well this whole list is bull sh*t. im not even considered for it, yet at every tourney ive been to ive done well. h3ll, ive even won a tourney. idk what your problem with me has been lately nick but its starting to piss me off. i more than deserve credit to be up there and at least considered.

but if you guys dont want me in the crew then its w.e.

personally i think mk18 should be in consideration too. his wario is good.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
yeah well this whole list is bull sh*t. im not even considered for it, yet at every tourney ive been to ive done well. h3ll, ive even won a tourney. idk what your problem with me has been lately nick but its starting to piss me off. i more than deserve credit to be up there and at least considered.

but if you guys dont want me in the crew then its w.e.

personally i think mk18 should be in consideration too. his wario is good.

whoa dude slow down lol i had previously picked those ten off the top of my head so thats why i put them on there first i wanted to go with what i said and added people as they are suggested...i actually considered garbanzo, you and mk18 but i wasn't gonna put that out there until we come up with a proper way of deciding who all gets to be on crews, so cool your jets dude, apparently the same mad radix is still there lol calm down bro

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
its over a course of several tournies and smashfest i'm pretty sure you can get in two matches with at least three players for the next couple tournies it'll be done at like the end of November especially since CFL excluding Hbox, Kyon, and Co18 are always playing like this thursday and friday we can probably complete most of these lol only those 3 and the other five people would have a somewhat difficult time playing everyone imo

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
why does everyone think they're being skipped lol

okay i feel that xyz garbanzo mk18 and possibly mata or less than 3 can be a part of crews masky if he would like to as well what does everyone think about adding them?

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
:)

thats more like it.. i still plan on attending winterfest, and i'm most likely going to enter... with these following months im going to ask for alot of practice with ppl that **** me consistently

HRnut
Radix
CO18

maybe GDX, he's gotten beast over the past few months.

thats about it in CFL... everyone else i go even with.

mad love to everyone else, no disrespect.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
i don't like the idea at all, tbh

if gainsville couldn't make their own 10 man they can be considered too, masky is apparently legit but you'd have to play him first hrnut. in that case mampam and ryo should be considered (10 ppl is becoming seemingly harder and harder hehe)

but yeah i think co18 hrnut and gdx should come up with a top 10 and we just stick to that. even if it takes results from after gigs and maybe the tournament after... and you could always leave it subject to change

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
wtf??? Nick you should slap yo' dumbazz for writing all this **** out are you kidding me?

stop tricking my ****

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
wtf??? Nick you should slap yo' dumbazz for writing all this **** out are you kidding me?

stop tricking my ****
Copy pasting and editing is hard, stfu gmoney lmao:laugh:

to fearless yeah i was thinking the same thing about NFL cuz they honestly, most likely don't have enough people to form a decent ten man crew so i guess gmoney kbm etc can be considered if they'd like to although i don't see much need for anyone outside of CFL as we have all the resources we may need but as you've said it should be discussed between me gdx co18 and hbox (if he wants to)

we also need to consider what matchups everyone knows, and how well they know it for crews not just pick based on results. Also we don't want 5 snakes 3 d3s a diddy and a peach in the crew that'd be ******** i'll like for the diversity to be there along with skill.

right now i'm thinking

mk18 has the best wario among us
co18 has the best D3
GDx has the best Diddy
Fearless has the best olimar (KBM's is good but i haven't seen how much better he has gotten)
Raz has the best pika in CFL
Tony probably has the best snake as of now
Me-falco marth, decent soon to be better Zss
kei/kyon-peach
spike-best pit (prince ramen/mars pits are good as well)

still need a good mk

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
If you're going to have a smash fest primarily for this why don't you just welcome anyone willing to try? In any case it'd would provide a variety of characters for people to have practice on considering you guys only have about 1/3 characters out of the roster for the list.

gallax

Smash Hero
not to go against spike but i have much more experience with my snake then he does(matchup-wise). if you want spike for his pit then i say thats totally cool. but if you want him for his snake, im gonna have to speak out against it. dont get me wrong. i like spikes snake. but if going by matchup experience i have more than he does and understand how to fight a larger amount of the cast. the one exception is sonic. he plays mickey more than me and his sonic. so if spike is chosen for crews, i think it should be for his bad a33 pit.

btw, i also dont believe that we have to have a MK in our crew. we want the best chances of winning, not to be the most diverse. if you guys think having hrnut using marth instead of snake or raz use pika over mk gives us the best chance of winning, then thats what we should do.

and im against NFL being in our crew. this is CFL. not NFL. nothing against them, but its a central florida crew.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Dayum, I'd love to "try out" for this if at all possible, mainly for the experience ill be getting from all the matches.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, Seibrik brushed it off as expected. He's not willing to do this whole try-out thing because he says that it would be a waste of time. =/

:069:

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
hrnut \ co18 \ gdx should just pick 10 ppl imho

a subject to change list could work, too

and have 2-5 alternates incase ppl from the top 10 don't go or don't enter crews

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
hrnut \ co18 \ gdx should just pick 10 ppl imho

a subject to change list could work, too

and have 2-5 alternates incase ppl from the top 10 don't go or don't enter crews
To be honest i like that idea better. Cause There will be too many people wanting to do this. None the less i think the crew should be diverse..... Just saying...

Top Bottom