• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO 2011 Results Thread - Orlando, FL, June 10-12, 2011

DFEAR

Smash Hero
this is true. its his event. his way or the highway down i95 :\

everything in ceo is now owned by ceo...

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
Wait, what?
When you signed up for CEO either online or on Site, there was a specific line in the registration stating any and all material filmed during CEO is the sole Property of CEO Gaming and must receive written permission from me before posting to youtube otherwise it is subject to copyright infringement.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I posted this on Alex's facebook:

"The problem with the smash community is that they don't like tournaments that have other games. If the main focus of the tournament is not smash, they won't attend. Simple as that. Its the been bothering the community for a long time and I don't think there is a solution to it. Hence why the attendence for smash at a tournament the scale of CEO was extremely small, but yet tournaments like Genesis or Pound has a very high attendance number.

Now whether or not you like or dislike smash doesn't matter. The community itself has some issues that will keep it from growing any larger. I just hope that it eventually matures beyond that over time"

DFEAR

Smash Hero
that greenace moneymatch hype laijin, where them vids at bro,,,,oh wait... xD!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
The greenace mm was for marvel not smash

Jebailey you want written permission or is asking here fine? All of the vids are not with out of game audio like a livestream. They were saved using the built in replay system so no other audio/video was used

OverLade

Smash Hero
Hey man. Is there anything we can do in order to keep our vids and stuff up on youtube? Anyway to get permission this late? Or send you guys the videos and have you upload them on your own mediums?

Laijin

Smash Hero
Pretty sure you should have asked Jebailey permission to record the videos before you recorded them. If you didn't notice, CEO had their own equipment for recording vids throughout the weekend. I'm sure if you had asked, smash would have gotten the same treatment as everyone else. But you guys didn't ask, so I think the smash CEO vids are pretty much SOL.
Unless Jebailey is kind enough to reconsider.

Edit: You guys better start asking a lot nicer than that if you want those vids uploaded. Jebailey is a nice guy and all. No pun intended, but get on your knees and open up. Thats how nice its looking like you're gonna have to be

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
The vid's they're talking about are not in real life, they're Wii recorded smash videos, like the system in Super. Are those included?
Do you have a paypal Account? This situation can be resolved peacefully without any need to contact the youtube Authorities.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
Alright guys I've spoken to my legal team about the matter but I've been given the final say. And you all are safe to post anything you recorded from CEO on your personal Youtube Accounts, However I have just one request, that on Every video Title it must begin with CEO:2011 and in the Info somewhere you have to Put Visit www.ceogaming.org for More information on CEO Tournaments.

Failure to do so will end in my Jewrath of fury. Thank you for your cooperation and have a Jebaileyful day.

Toneh

Smash Lord
Alright guys I've spoken to my legal team about the matter but I've been given the final say. And you all are safe to post anything you recorded from CEO on your personal Youtube Accounts, However I have just one request, that on Every video Title it must begin with CEO:2011 and in the Info somewhere you have to Put Visit www.ceogaming.org for More information on CEO Tournaments.

Failure to do so will end in my Jewrath of fury. Thank you for your cooperation and have a Jebaileyful day.
Good stuff, it'll help ceo alot with all the advertising.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Everything has been resolved, no need to be salty. Jebailey isn't hosting Smash next year. So no more beef.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
lol I already titled/published the videos my channel with the tournament name, information and a link to this exact thread.

Lemme put the official site link though.

:rosalina:

Two-Ell

Smash Master
hmm, well it was his event. We were under his terms when we decided to pay that $30 to play. It's more our fault we didn't take a closer look at the agreement. I'm pretty sure that practice is common with events like these.

:rosalina:

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
He's acting like someone who risked it all so he's protecting his own interest. Nothing wrong with that.
Smash videos he knew would be uploaded? If he really cared he would have told us that in the tourney thread, before the tournament. He's just trying to be a jerk towards us because of our low attendance. A few days after he says "I'm done with smash, bye". Then comes and tells us to leave smash because it cant be competitive.

This is in very poor taste.

EDIT: I was seriously thinking about testing the waters of some 2d fighters out there. Now I'm not.

And really, if you're not trying to make a living off of a video game, who the heck cares if our pot is $300 or $3000. The few people that affects, sure. But if you're not, I don't see why that would be an incentive for you to leave the Smash community.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Hmm, we can't assume he knew about replays. He may have, but eh didn't really matter to me. If he was really going to press youtube for copy right infringment I would've deleted the offending videos without much care lol. That would've been an unfortunate scenario, but he was at least nice enough to let us keep them up with pretty minimal requests(most of which I had already taken care of out of my own common practice for videos from events. He probably got the idea for his requests from my vids.)

Now, if he was trying to be a jerk. Eh, I wouldn't really blame him too much. It did hurt to read his post telling us to abandon a game we enjoy. It is common knowledge smash shoots itself in the foot a lot. I was so pissed at SWF for the bull they pulled on him in denying a sticky(All for an event that barely broke sixty entrants. ****ing stupid they screwed us over for that.) He has a reason to be upset with the community. I would be too in his shoes.

In the end though, if you feel someone is being a jerk to you. You shouldn't let yourself become upset at their actions. Just ignore it and move on. Jebailey may or may not have been trying jerk at first with some of his post-CEO posts/Fb statuses. I dunno, but like I said I'd understand if he was. Jebailey may feel we're hopeless for sticking with this game, but meh I don't really care. I'll enjoy this game as much as I can till that time comes.

I'm just happy he gave our community this one consideration. I really enjoyed myself. Probably one of the best tourney weekends I've had. I'm willing to look past any of his sour feelings toward us.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Smash videos he knew would be uploaded? If he really cared he would have told us that in the tourney thread, before the tournament. He's just trying to be a jerk towards us because of our low attendance. A few days after he says "I'm done with smash, bye". Then comes and tells us to leave smash because it cant be competitive.

This is in very poor taste.

EDIT: I was seriously thinking about testing the waters of some 2d fighters out there. Now I'm not.

And really, if you're not trying to make a living off of a video game, who the heck cares if our pot is $300 or $3000. The few people that affects, sure. But if you're not, I don't see why that would be an incentive for you to leave the Smash community.
Jebailey wasn't the one who said leave smash. He took an excerpt from someone else's post on facebook that said that.

After the numerous chances he's given to the Smash community, I think he's inclined to move on. While the tradition fighting game community were busy buying out the hotel, majority of smashers were complaining about how they have to pay a fee that was still the least expensive of all the events there. We could've had another Pound V situation if this was only a smash tourney. Jebailey has always been willing to work with the Smash community but if they don't give back the same they get in return, it's in his best interest to continue on without us. As much as I don't like that it has come down to this, I completely understand and respect his decision.

Also, before you start commenting about money, you should find out what Jebailey's true intentions are. The name of this series is Community Effort Orlando. Jebailey did this all for the community, to the point of trying to make this event more of an experience than just a tourney itself. Remember the Capoeira special on Saturday, or the special viewing of King of Chinatown on Sunday? Not only did Jebailey want this to be a great tournament, but he wanted to make this a great experience for all who showed up. Now, CEO 2012 hype is already starting. Sadly, we won't be apart of it, not that we deserve to.

...and by the way, Smash is not the only game he's dropping so it's not a "I'm against Smash only" type of deal.

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Jebailey wasn't the one who said leave smash. He took an excerpt from someone else's post on facebook that said that.
He wouldn't have reposted it if he didn't agree with it.

Also, before you start commenting about money, you should find out what Jebailey's true intentions are. The name of this series is Community Effort Orlando. Jebailey did this all for the community, to the point of trying to make this event more of an experience than just a tourney itself. Remember the Capoeira special on Saturday, or the special viewing of King of Chinatown on Sunday? Not only did Jebailey want this to be a great tournament, but he wanted to make this a great experience for all who showed up. Now, CEO 2012 hype is already starting. Sadly, we won't be apart of it, not that we deserve to.
Big money is the only reason pro players go, or being on a circuit/road to something. I only said what I said because in the FB post it said that they get all the sponsors and all the big money.

EDIT: How big did he want smash to be? There wasn't that much room in there for 100+ more smashers anyway.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
no MK9 next year? thats the only relatively big game i can think of that would be dropped

maybe soul calibur IV? but then again V should be out soon right

3SO better be there though. Im so hyped to learn some makoto :laugh:

Top Bottom