• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celebrity Rehab Mafia: Day 5 Begins! Deadline is Monday, May 28th at 11:59 PM EST!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Overswarm, having our cop claim later may have more info but it removes credibility if we ML and adds more incentive to make a trade.

I honestly don't care if he is thinking about what ifs, trading now over later is far better.

Cop CC X1 if you exist

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm, having our cop claim later may have more info but it removes credibility if we ML and adds more incentive to make a trade.

I honestly don't care if he is thinking about what ifs, trading now over later is far better.

Cop CC X1 if you exist
Explain yourself.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
OS only problem I have with you not just wanting the cop to come out and CC and the blatant oversight is that you're saying he has to come out and say exactly what he did each night according to what we did.

Any smart mafia can instantly use their RB (which I'm going to assume is in this game because it's a 17 person game) to block Cop and kill someone else.

Cop then has to come in and say I was role blocked last night and we spend tomorrow lynching cop.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If lets say Orbo CCs later, and he says, "I waited because OS told me to" then idk who to lynch between the two because Orbo will sheep whoever he wants, so he could go either way, and X1 had Inferno's play to work out from. Even if a stronger player did, I would still need to think about what if they purposely waited just to get a ML. Getting a ML later in the game is far better for scum than earlier.

In either situation, yes we get a paper trail and that's something to look at. But a scum flips gives us a clear paper trail to look at, even on D1 and we nail a scummy which is what we want. Scum will never win a balanced game off 1-1 or 1-2 trades.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
OS only problem I have with you not just wanting the cop to come out and CC and the blatant oversight is that you're saying he has to come out and say exactly what he did each night according to what we did.

Any smart mafia can instantly use their RB (which I'm going to assume is in this game because it's a 17 person game) to block Cop and kill someone else.

Cop then has to come in and say I was role blocked last night and we spend tomorrow lynching cop.
read my last post homie

is that **** not scummy to you?

vinyls at 7 (-2) and kantrips at 5 (-4)

Overswarm

is laughing at you

That's a possibility. But if you can assume they have a roleblock, you can also assume we haev a watcher, which would net us a mafia kill.

If our cop DID CC, it'd mean X1-12 was mafia and we'd lynch X1-12. At that point our cop could be RBed, but if he waits and claims later he'd be able to invetigate without being roleblocked and we still get the X1 lynch.

If lets say Orbo CCs later, and he says, "I waited because OS told me to" then idk who to lynch between the two because Orbo will sheep whoever he wants, so he could go either way, and X1 had Inferno's play to work out from. Even if a stronger player did, I would still need to think about what if they purposely waited just to get a ML. Getting a ML later in the game is far better for scum than earlier.

In either situation, yes we get a paper trail and that's something to look at. But a scum flips gives us a clear paper trail to look at, even on D1 and we nail a scummy which is what we want. Scum will never win a balanced game off 1-1 or 1-2 trades.
Wait, so your holdback is "if X1 is the town cop, mafia might claim cop later to get him lynched"? That doesn't make any sense. Couldn't they do that now?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Oh no the reason I'm even commenting on this entire thing in the first place when in all reality all I can usually skip over this bull**** because cop should just claim is because OS just painted himself all kinds of scum.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Wait, so your holdback is "if X1 is the town cop, mafia might claim cop later to get him lynched"? That doesn't make any sense. Couldn't they do that now?
They could do it now, but I would gladly take a 1-2 which is the worst outcome for one faction, or if multiple paints them as a nice little NK or night actions to mess with them.

Either way puts scum in the open, which is where we want them.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
someone ****ing hammer

os posts are eyestabbingly bad lookin forward to seeing them get torn apart by someone who cares (not i) :popcorn:

:phone:

I am Zim!

Smash Rookie
Deadline set for 4/13 at 11:59 PM! With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!

frozenflame751- (0)
KevinM- (1) Overswarm
X1-12- (2) Macman, Kantrip
Rajam- (1) Orboknown
Rockin- (1) Chaco
Dark Horse- (0)
Macman- (0)
marshy- (0)
Vinyl.- (7) Kafkaesque, X1-12, Marshy, Dark Horse, Kantrip, Macman, KevinM
Pink Lemonade (Ranmaru/July hydra)- (0)
Kafkaesque- (0)
J- (0)
Red Ryu- (0)
Orboknown- (1) Rajam
Kantrip- (5) Rockin, Vanderzant, Frozenflame, Pink Lemonade, J
Vanderzant- (0)
Overswarm- (0)

Not Voting- (0)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Vinyl.- (7) Kafkaesque, X1-12, Marshy, Dark Horse, Kantrip, Macman, KevinM

Kantrip- (5) Rockin, Vanderzant, Frozenflame, Pink Lemonade, J

I normally love seeing these divides, but unless we get a scum flip it doesn't tell us anything because there's no real pressure either way. I still haven't seen a strong case on Vinyl and all I've seen for votes on Kantrip is in reference to several poorly worded statements.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
He never truly stuck his neck out, not even inactive here just not posting much in terms of looking for scum. Heck a lot of his posts seem kinda pointless.

Heck he's spent more time working on mafia philosophy rather than actual content, reread him.

Now there is one thing I am skeptical of this, and that is his last post before he replaced out, I could read it two ways, AtE or legitimate inactivity. Hew replaced out so I could side it with the inactivity, but even then it still comes back to him not really doing anything when he was here.

~

Now OS, if both are bad lynches, where do we go? Inactive lynch? While I hate in-actives I don't like using a lynch on D1 for them.

Someone else? Well at this time my pool is all three players atm, maybe PL but it's too late to get that started.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If it's a random lynch, it's a random lynch. That's fine.

What's not fine is people assuming these wagons are legitimate for "some reason" and for vague stuff like "he never stuck his neck out". I didn't either, why didn't you go after me instead? Because it's just a random roll of the dice.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If we are looking at inactives.

4. Rajam
5. Rockin
9. Vinyl.
14. Orboknown

That's somewhat our pool to pick from, as much as I think the hate Rajam got earlier I wouldn't be against his lynch for activity reasons if it looked apparent this wouldn't change. I've seen him shape up like in FFT where he brought the thunder down.

Rockin, idk something he said were meh, but still not here much.

If Vinyl repeats his activity from the Disco room games I 100% support his lynch.

Orbo is just...I don't remember what he posted.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I've been V/la purtymuch this whole time. rereading OS and FF both look town, I'm looking over the major wagons to see where I want to go

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Rajam always comes in strong in the end game; it's where he does best.

I'm interested in Rockin's disappearance after Chaco and I both pointed fingers at him.

I'd be fine with a Vinyl lynch given the situation; low amount of time, low amount of logical options, and town already piling on.

I'd be fine with a Kantrip lynch because headache.

We've still got a bit of time though.

YO ROCKIN, WHERE YOU AT

And what you think of the last few pages?

Who would you want lynched more, vinyl or kantrip? You've had your vote on kantrip before anyone, you got something you want to elaborate on or was the vote half hearted?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
So let's distill this whole CC vs. CC later thing down to its core. At this rate, OS is just going to spam more non-answers, strawmans, and goal post shifts than any of us will be able to handle.

We have X1 claimed right now as cop.

If he's cop, he won't get CC'd anyway, so the whole debate is pretty pointless. OS and I agree about the potential WIFOM the scum have to deal with if they want to deal with the cop. This scenario isn't really in contention.

We don't know if he's the cop though. So what OS has suggested is that we give the cop options that we (well in his version, that he[OS] proposes, which is mildy power grabby and scummy on its own, but shows more scummyness thanks to Macman's analysis. More on that later) propose and thus, allow our other PR's to keep him in check and make sure he's not misbehaving OR catch scum trying to mess with him if he's town. Cool. I don't think we have problems here.

If X1 isn't the cop, this is where OS and I actually disagree. I say cop should CC now and get X1 lynched so we have a scum out of the way now. OS says the cop should wait a day or two and then CC. Let's take a look at what we get from these two scenarios.

Cop CC's D1:

We lynch X1 who will within reason be basically guaranteed scum. X1 and whatever scum tools he had are now GONE, and can't be used to **** with us anymore. We benefit as little as simply removing a goon, to as much as getting rid of roles as powerful as say a strongman, tailor, GF, roleblocker, redirector, and what have you. Chances are, he'll have some sort of power and we benefit from never having to deal with it messing with us at night. That's a pretty distinct and indisputable benefit with REAL and immediately measurable impacts.

The cons are as OS has said, we put our cop into the open which is likely what scum wanted us to do (since we're assuming X1 didn't just randomly pick cop to claim, if he's scum he probably did it for a reason). This then puts our newly revealed cop in a position where scum now has to deal with ALL THE SAME WIFOM potential that X1 is subject to now if he really is the cop. This is all stuff that OS and I AGREED presents us with opportunities to catch scum with, thus, it's largely a wash.

So now let's weigh my benefits against OS's unique benefits of his plan.

Cop CC's later (D2 or 3):

Everything I just talked about in the previous scenario carries over except two things. 1.) X1 as scum has been able to use whatever scum ability he might have to mess with other roles during this time we've left him alive. He's also been able to potentially lead us to a mislynch or mistaken clear certain players with his investigations. 2.) Our actual cop has likely been able to successfully acquire investigations behind the scenes for us to use once he does CC X1.

#2 is OS's most espoused benefit. Problem is, it's not as great as he claims it to be. If his constant spam of OMG FF YOU'RE SO PARANOID isn't telling enough, he really has no actual argument against my statement that cop investigations just straight up aren't reliable without more info about the setup. Again, this doesn't mean we completely ignore the investigations, it just means we take them with a grain a salt. All I'm saying is that the number of potential anti-cop roles that exist in mafia significantly mitigates the beneficial impacts that OS claims his plan will have.

Because those investigation results we get simply aren't all that reliable, what I'm saying is the unique benefit of OS's plan which is getting more investigations (this is a benefit, again, OS will probably try to convince you that I said otherwise like he's been stawmanning me so far, but I never said it wasn't a benefit) just doesn't stack up to my plans distinct, guaranteed, MEASURABLE benefit of removing scum + any scum powers X1 might have as a fake claiming cop right from the get go.

OS thinks a couple investigations are more useful than getting rid of a potential scum PR right away. That's literally what the debate has come down to.

He argues that cop is far and away the best role in mafia always forever. He's literally been arguing that. It simply isn't true. He calls me paranoid for literally just saying "hey guys, maybe we shouldn't ****ride cop investigations without knowing more about how reliable they are". I call him delusional for thinking that it isn't likely that we don't have a single one of the following roles in this game: Godfather/Tailor/Lawyer/Framer/Not-normal-sanity-cop/redirector.

I think anyone here should be able to figure out which is the more reasonable stance.

If the cop is out there, he should definitely CC X1.

Anyway, time to talk about something else.

I think Macman has some pretty nice analysis here:

http://www.smashboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=14319361

Everyone should read the large middle paragraph. It provides some really strong analysis regarding how OS's plan isn't nearly as pro-town as he wants you to think it is. It's subtly focuses more on getting himself [OS] in the clear, than provided the town and actually even himself more information from the cop investigations he holds so dear. This is definitely a red flag.

It doesn't even have to be as simple as OS being a Godfather too, another oversight (or perhaps deliberate omission) on his part. He could easily be an independent, or have a lawyer as a scum partner, OR a tailor. Now just watch, OS is gonna come foaming at the mouth yelling PARANOID FF PARANOID FF, but don't let that fool you. ALL of those are absolutely reasonable possibilities to consider, and absolutely would inform his decision to put himself into the initial investigate target pair.

Why would town OS be in such a hurry to get an investigation on himself, or put himself in the cross hairs of the scum, according to his own analysis? Seems to me that he's more worried about having his name "cleared" in the early game (which he could easily orchestrate with the proper scum tools if he's mafia or indy) and/or he's just straight up not worried about actually getting killed as a prospective investigatee. As scum, obviously his partners aren't going to kill him if that's the case.

Our disagreement about whether or not the cop should CC aside, OS's power grab and self placement into the investigative pair is about as scummy as it gets. It doesn't match up with his alleged passion for having lots of investigations to work with at all. He also has many more ways to feel safe going into an investigation than simply being town or GF, yet he makes no mention of these other possibilities.

Yeah, I'm ok with starting this wagon up.

Unvote: Kantrip
Vote: OS

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'll try to keep it "explain like I'm five" for you.

Cop CC's D1:

We lynch X1 who will within reason be basically guaranteed scum. X1 and whatever scum tools he had are now GONE, and can't be used to **** with us anymore. We benefit as little as simply removing a goon, to as much as getting rid of roles as powerful as say a strongman, tailor, GF, roleblocker, redirector, and what have you. Chances are, he'll have some sort of power and we benefit from never having to deal with it messing with us at night. That's a pretty distinct and indisputable benefit with REAL and immediately measurable impacts.
"Chances are, he'll have some sort of power" is a pretty broad assumption.

See, when a mafia member is at L-1 they don't just claim something at random. They either have something called a "safe claim" that the MOD gives them, which is something they can't be called out on, or they throw out a random claim and hope it works out for them.

If X1-12 has the safe claim of cop, the point is moot. He's not getting counter-claimed. That means he must not have the safe claim of cop in any scenario we can be discussing a CC scenario.

You agree with me on this in the quote below.

Now let's imagine that X1 is a powerful scum role. If he IS, that means he deliberately put that role in danger.

X1, if scum, is not a super powerful role because he's willingly going to hang himself. He could have claimed anything else, but he chose cop. It wasn't by accident.

The idea that trading our cop for X1 is a "good trade" is stupid because we don't have to trade our cop at all. We can just wait and get the cop to claim later and get the same advantages with the same benefits.

The cons are as OS has said, we put our cop into the open which is likely what scum wanted us to do (since we're assuming X1 didn't just randomly pick cop to claim, if he's scum he probably did it for a reason). This then puts our newly revealed cop in a position where scum now has to deal with ALL THE SAME WIFOM potential that X1 is subject to now if he really is the cop. This is all stuff that OS and I AGREED presents us with opportunities to catch scum with, thus, it's largely a wash.
No, it's not a wash. It's not the same scenario.

Scenario A: X1 is town cop put in a bad position because he was V/LA and had poor play early on

Scenario B: X1 is mafia and a cop counter claims, thus putting that cop into the limelight

In scenario B, the cop goes from "hidden" to "not hidden". You know what's better than "Our cop is out in the open, I sure do hope that we have a doctor if they NKill him or a watcher if they RB him!"?

Not having our cop in the open at all and allowing him to investigate cleanly.

FF said:
Everything I just talked about in the previous scenario carries over except two things. 1.) X1 as scum has been able to use whatever scum ability he might have to mess with other roles during this time we've left him alive. He's also been able to potentially lead us to a mislynch or mistaken clear certain players with his investigations. 2.) Our actual cop has likely been able to successfully acquire investigations behind the scenes for us to use once he does CC X1.

#2 is OS's most espoused benefit. Problem is, it's not as great as he claims it to be. If his constant spam of OMG FF YOU'RE SO PARANOID isn't telling enough, he really has no actual argument against my statement that cop investigations just straight up aren't reliable without more info about the setup. Again, this doesn't mean we completely ignore the investigations, it just means we take them with a grain a salt. All I'm saying is that the number of potential anti-cop roles that exist in mafia significantly mitigates the beneficial impacts that OS claims his plan will have.
You're assuming guilty until proven innocent. That isn't how it works, FF.

You get a cop result, you trust it unless you find otherwise. When it comes down to the wire, sure, all's fair game. But you're acting like we should actively ignore a cop's investigations, which is about as pro-scum a maneuver as you can get.

Yes, you're paranoid.

I'm dealing with what is actually on the table. Real benefits, real disadvantages.

You're dealing with imaginary nightmare scenarios.

What if X1 is the cop, but mafia has a recruiter and they just recruit him and we never get a CC, so X1 lives forever? We should lynch him right now to make sure that doesn't happen.

How is that less reasonable than "OS suggested this because he is a godfather or has a lawyer or tailor partner"? The only way you're going to find out is through flips and night actions.

You get the evidence first, then you figure it out.

I chose myself and macman deliberately as options because it is in mafia's best interest to kill either myself or macman if we're the ones being investigated. At the same time, there are better NKill choices than myself and macman outside this scenario. This puts mafia in a position where players who aren't (weren't?) putting as much effort into the game are suddenly more valuable (cleared) or mafia loses their chance to kill players that are already more valuable.

Your nightmare scenarios aside, the worst possible thing for mafia is a stack of clears. If they can't RB X1-12 and they try to NKil lhim and our doc protects him, we will forever have a cleared player in the game at any given time. That's pretty huge. If we somehow get two clears, that's a guaranteed win in lylo, not accounting for special roles. In those scenarios, they aren't an advantage for scum; those roles are REQUIRED to win. That's why "follow the cop" setups are generally avoided.

You seem to be switching gears. Realize your goof up over wanting to kill the cop?

It's simple math.

Lynch X1 scum + expose town cop

vs.

Lynch X1 scum + expose town cop + gain investigative results + X1 scum can use abilities

The second one is far better for town.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Will not lynch OS today, I see where FF is coming from but I see Ryker and Kuz have pissing matching for thread power as TvT all the time.

Just gonna make that clear, tomarrow maybe, but as it stands, I won't support it.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Will not lynch OS today, I see where FF is coming from but I see Ryker and Kuz have pissing matching for thread power as TvT all the time.

Just gonna make that clear, tomarrow maybe, but as it stands, I won't support it.
I think youre missing the point. It's not about the cop-cc argument (i don't care about him thinking the cop shouldn't cc. I myself think there could be value in it), it's really about what OS's motivation behind his plan is. Besides the plan being horribly, it seems as though his plan is to subtly make himself seem town. The plan (whether we went with it or not) created the false choice with him being town or gf (that he himself proposed), when in actually the scenario is nothing like that. It just seems like an underhanded way of trying to appear town.

If you look deeper into the logic of the plan, you realize that it does little to help town. (he actually says himself that the plan is neutral). In actuality it hurts town.

but yea, basically i'm looking at the motivation behind him even proposing the plan in the first place. The motivation seems to be that he wants to make himself appear town.

srry for ppl who were following along since this is like the 5th time im repeating myself

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll try to keep it "explain like I'm five" for you.
You can stop acting like you're the one who is actually providing clear logical analysis when you've done nothing but strawman me, misrepresent my points, completely ****ing miss my points when you're not misrepresenting them (you seem to be switching gears OS, realize you're goof in assuming I wanted to lynch X1 even without a CC? See look I can pretend to be making points by delivering one liners too), and call me paranoid for presenting us with very real and reasonable possibilities. Who am I kidding, you'll just keep being an ****** about it.

"Chances are, he'll have some sort of power" is a pretty broad assumption.
What a ****ing joke. That's not a broad assumption at all. I think anyone here would agree that it's a pretty bet that most of the scum in this game have some kind of power. How often do you just see straight up goons in closed, themed setups this large? The answer is not often.

See, when a mafia member is at L-1 they don't just claim something at random. They either have something called a "safe claim" that the MOD gives them, which is something they can't be called out on, or they throw out a random claim and hope it works out for them.
This is just wrong. They can either use their safe claim, OR willing forgo their safe claim because they think it wont be compelling enough to avoid a lynch (not every mod gives baller safeclaim BTW), OR his scum team wanted him to claim cop over his safeclaim anyway to draw out the real cop OR he just doesn't have one and decided to claim cop to again, draw out the cop. You ACTUALLY think the only two options a pressured scum have are to use a safe claim or throw out a RANDOM claim? And you're telling me I need to have things explained to me like I'm 5?

Now let's imagine that X1 is a powerful scum role. If he IS, that means he deliberately put that role in danger.
Wrong. This is an assumption. HE was the one who got pressured. He didn't chose to get pressured. If he decided to claim cop over a safeclaim, then he could have done it because he thought he was going to be lynched anyway and thought it would only be worth it to trade his powerful role for outing the cop. You're acting like him fake claiming cop would only happen if he had a ****ty role. He was literally about to be lynched and there were people clamouring for his hammer even WITHOUT a claim. Maybe they thought X1 was ****ing doomed regardless, and were hoping to draw out a cop claim as a last minute salvage benefit to losing X1. Again, his role was ALREADY in danger, and at the time of his claim, especially if he didn't have a very compelling provided safe claim, it absolutely makes sense for him to claim cop and seal his death in exchange for drawing out the real cop, no matter how powerful is role is. Also, not every setup has a cop in it, btw. Again, if the scum team reasonably deduced that X1 was definitely the lynch today without a baller claim, they might have banked on him getting CC'd at worst and at least getting the cop revealed out of it, or X1 getting lucky and there simply not being a cop in the game.

X1, if scum, is not a super powerful role because he's willingly going to hang himself. He could have claimed anything else, but he chose cop. It wasn't by accident.
Again, not necessarily true at all. Read above.

The idea that trading our cop for X1 is a "good trade" is stupid because we don't have to trade our cop at all. We can just wait and get the cop to claim later and get the same advantages with the same benefits.
No, we don't get the same benefits at all. Did you miss my whole section about the difference between our plans? Looks like you need reading comprehension practice.

Your plan gets us some investigations from a hidden cop on D2 or 3. My plan protects us from whatever X1's potential power as scum is for those very same one or two night phases. If X1 is scum and we lynch him, we are GUARANTEED THAT BENEFIT OF BEING PROTECTED FROM ANY SCUM POWER HE MIGHT HAVE. In your plan, we might get some reliable investigation info. We might not. It's NOT GUARANTEED.

No, it's not a wash. It's not the same scenario.
Jesus christ you're on the debate struggle bus right now. They don't have to be identical scenarios to be a wash. I've already explained multiple times how our perceived scenario doesn't change, and thus, the costs and benefits we expose ourselves to are identical wrt cop WIFOM. It's not hard to understand. The differences in the scenarios are ALREADY ACCOUNTED FOR when we weigh your "hidden cop and investigations" benefits against my "we have a guaranteed scum gone and don't have to deal with his powers" benefits.

You're assuming guilty until proven innocent. That isn't how it works, FF.

You get a cop result, you trust it unless you find otherwise. When it comes down to the wire, sure, all's fair game. But you're acting like we should actively ignore a cop's investigations, which is about as pro-scum a maneuver as you can get.

Yes, you're paranoid.
I'm not assuming guilty, I'm just not assuming reliably innocent. I've already said that I would likely accept presented cop results if they came up. However, where we differ is you think that they're the ****ing gospel, whereas I see them more as guidelines for our actions. Go ahead and keep saying that I'm saying we should ignore cop results. We all know that that's just what you WANT me to be saying so you can think you're winning this debate. I never took that stance, but if it helps you sleep at night to think that, be my guest. Oh, and keep just calling me paranoid too if it helps. I don't think anyone here actually agrees with you on that because it just isn't true at all.

I'm dealing with what is actually on the table. Real benefits, real disadvantages.

You're dealing with imaginary nightmare scenarios.
Nah, I'm pretty sure dead scum and the knowledge of exactly what we won't be suffering from as a result of that role being gone is a pretty REAL AND ON THE TABLE benefit. Your **** is all predicated on a definitely reliable cop, which we just straight up don't know if we have.

I'd hardly call there being just ONE of those many potential anti-cop roles being in the game a ****ing nightmare scenario. It just isn't dude. You're out of your ****ing mind. Those are all totally reasonable possibilities we should be wary of.

What if X1 is the cop, but mafia has a recruiter and they just recruit him and we never get a CC, so X1 lives forever? We should lynch him right now to make sure that doesn't happen.
See, now that's taking a preventative measure. That's not what I'm asking to do. This isn't even close to analogous to anything I've suggested, much like basically every other stupid ****ing example you've given us. All I'm asking us to be is be CAUTIOUS. You keep trying to blow that up into some out of control "let's never trust any PR and kill this potentially misleading PRs preventatively so no one can trick us" stance that I NEVER TOOK. You just keep looking scummy and scummier the more you refuse to actually take on my best material. You refuse to engage anything but strawmans.

How is that less reasonable than "OS suggested this because he is a godfather or has a lawyer or tailor partner"? The only way you're going to find out is through flips and night actions.
Because uh, I'm not saying we should PREVENTATIVELY LYNCH THE COP. All I said was, the potential for there to be roles that mess with the cop means that we SHOULDN'T PLACE SUCH A HIGH VALUE ON HIS POTENTIAL INVESTIGATIONS. I never said we should ****ing lynch the cop. I never said we shouldn't listen to him at all. I'm saying that investigations just aren't the ****ing holy gospel you're making them out to be. They just aren't.

You get the evidence first, then you figure it out.
Yeah, and while we're getting the evidence, we should also take things we don't have any evidence to know for sure with a grain of salt.

I chose myself and macman deliberately as options because it is in mafia's best interest to kill either myself or macman if we're the ones being investigated. At the same time, there are better NKill choices than myself and macman outside this scenario. This puts mafia in a position where players who aren't (weren't?) putting as much effort into the game are suddenly more valuable (cleared) or mafia loses their chance to kill players that are already more valuable.
Yes, because activity can't change rapidly from day to day, or even with a day phase. Gee, how about an example, like right now. You and Macman are two of the most active people atm. Shouldn't that change your calculus a little bit?

All that aside, all of this still does no damage at all to Macman's nor my analysis. It's just your alternate explanation. You're side stepping, not actually engaging.

Your nightmare scenarios aside, the worst possible thing for mafia is a stack of clears. If they can't RB X1-12 and they try to NKil lhim and our doc protects him, we will forever have a cleared player in the game at any given time. That's pretty huge. If we somehow get two clears, that's a guaranteed win in lylo, not accounting for special roles. In those scenarios, they aren't an advantage for scum; those roles are REQUIRED to win. That's why "follow the cop" setups are generally avoided.
Again, you act like we're guaranteed to have a stack of clears. We just straight up aren't is there's even ONE ****ing role in this game that can mess with the cop. You're scenario painting is just out of control skewed right now.

You say here that follow the cop set ups are generally avoided. Doesn't that mean that scum will NEED some kind of role to deal with the cop and prevent that from happening? You're ****ing admitting here that it is likely that the mod would include a means of preventing a game from becoming follow the cop, yet you ****ing CALL MY SUGGESTIONS THAT THIS MIGHT THE CASE NIGHTMARE SCENARIOS. Wtf?

You seem to be switching gears. Realize your goof up over wanting to kill the cop?
No idea what you're talking about here. When did I ever say I ever wanted to kill the cop?

It's simple math.

Lynch X1 scum + expose town cop + never have to deal with whatever power X1 has for the rest of the game

vs.

Lynch X1 scum + expose town cop + gain investigative results + X1 scum can use abilities

The second one is far better for town.
Yeah you're not even reading. I added in the bolded. If you missed something as fundamental as that, you clearly have no idea what's going on.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'll get to the rest later.

FF said:
What a ****ing joke. That's not a broad assumption at all. I think anyone here would agree that it's a pretty bet that most of the scum in this game have some kind of power. How often do you just see straight up goons in closed, themed setups this large? The answer is not often.
So you think X1 is scum and he just panicked and claimed cop without it being a safe claim, knowing it'd get him killed on a CC, yet you think his ability will be strong enough to really matter?

Get real.

WTF is X1-12 and Rockin in all of this? Both disappeared as soon as it was comfortable for them to do so.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
You should probably read my whole post before so make yourself look dumb by saying stuff like that. Not only is that not what I think X1 did, but there are plenty of other reasonable explanations for why he would claim cop against a provided safeclaim when we was so close to being lynch even without claiming.

Rajam

Smash Champion
ok guys, I'm incredibly behind in the game; I was in page 11 around post 400 when I skimmed X1 claiming cop. I've given a lot of thought to it, and this is my decision:

I counterclaim X1-12

I am Britney Spears, town cop. Sorry it took me long to cclaim; I was thinking in the pros and cons and ultimately given my usual crap game D1s I realized that having just a not-mafia result N1 + losing the credibility game against X1-12 D2 or delaying the cclaim even more could be worse than getting lynched now.

Also given that I know now for sure X1 is mafia (I'm assuming indy wouldn't risk a cclaim), I went back to reread the game. These are my current reads:

Dark Horse, Dooms, Red Ryu strong town reads
Overswarm, Pink Lemonade town leans
Rockin, Chaco, KevinM, marshy, Kafkaesque nulls due to lack of more info to gain some sort of read
Kantrip is also null despite providing content

I don't like how Macman kept the vote on X1 based on, at best, a simply pressure reason coming from the beginning of the game and then went onto asking X1 to claim, and as I said it makes Macman scummy regardless of X1-12 flip which I know now will be scum.

Orbokown was incredibly scummy during the start of the game, specially the part that it's like he saved content about the TA to put on the table only when the game began, and from skims I haven't seen him post, so I wouldn't mind see him vigged.

I don't like frozenflame either. From a skim I only see walls, Kantrip and X1, as well as armchair critic. Also, particularly I don't like how he started to create walls in his discussion against X1: X1 said something like scum wouldn't attract attention to themselves so quickly, and frozen instead of stopping that WIFOM, entered into the long discussion. He has also been playing "strongman" against X1 in the sense that none of them was dropping the discussion despite they weren't really asking stuff to each other. It makes me think frozen is either Mafia or Indy.

X1-12 is scum because of cclaim shenanigans. Also, his early attempts in calling OS town based on stuff like meta makes me think he just wanted to avoid clashing with him.

Axel / J is the most scummy player after X1. I don't have particular scum points on him, but I have a theory: Back when Inferno was still in play he mentioned Axel several times with some weak accusations, and suddenly... he replaced out. Given that I know now X1 (Inferno) is scum, I think there's a decent chance Inferno replaced out because their scum partners were being an *** with him. I know Zen is a cool guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted Inferno to play in a certain way and Inferno didn't agree. A little after Zen replaced out due to Red Ryu's policy lynch thing, and it is strange but if he was already frustrated with Inferno then it becomes more understandable. Welp this is a crazy theory but anyways I'm strongly considering it and I'll be specially looking at J. If other players reread Inferno interactions with Axel I think this theory will gain some credibility.

Well that's it. X1 is scum. Decided to cclaim now because with the extension we still have a little more than 48 hours left. I haven't read past post ~400 except for some heavy skims and a skim a little more detailed on frozenflame, so I have no reads from there.

unvote
vote: X1-12

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
Ok. Good stuff Rajam. I believe you, simply because I feel X1 didn't really try to defend himself and I don't think his play lines up with that of a pr/cop.

I also feel that at least one of rr/marshy/macman can be scum trying to get a CC d1, since they were on X1's wagon for very crap reasoning.

Vote: X1

Top Bottom