• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CDE Presents: G4S5, Saturday March 1st!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
also, G4S looks too much like Nickelodeon GAS for this thread to lack a reference to Double Dare, the Crag, Blue Barracudas, etc.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
@Jack:When Dedede chainthrows people, it only proves Al Gore right. Penguins now have to resort to cheapo tactics to get other people off of their ever-diminishing glacier homes. Plus, constantly pulling waddle dees out of your *** can't be good for the ozone layer.

Therefore, I think Brawl is just Sakurai's attempt at subliminally reinforcing left-wing ideals into the gaming population en masse. What better way to have the new generation accept global warming as truth than through scare tactics like giant hammer wielding, top tier villains?

How about the subconscious parallels we are forced to draw, including the loss of innocence and all that is youth through the questionable absence of Pichu? Grow up, or get gone.

What of the harsh truths we will face when Iori picks up the gamecube controller and can't pick Mewtwo? Or the shocking realization that SleepyK might not be able to play Game and Watch? Outdated, low tier characters. You have no place in advanced society. You are the George W.W. Links of the conservative population.

Not enough to convince you? Prepare take a look at what will happen to our very own TheReflexWonder, as he embarks on his quest to be a great Wario main -- a character that represents the frivolity and carelessness of our generation! How many pairs of clothes must a man have? He throws his carbon-monoxide producing motorcycle around as if it were a toy! His ignorance of common courtesy literally destroys our civilization through his nuclear flatulence. And he brings with him Warioware stage, with its emphasis on random flashing colors and satiating the new youth's seemingly non-existent attention-span. Our pill popping, ADHD driven youth that is the result of years of Republican leadership, no doubt.

Always the villain, Bowser now keeps up with our water-gun-toting, electrical energy generating, whole food picking heroes through sudden, dark growth of factory proportions. You can bet he puts the "Ma and Pa" villains out of business -- no Koopa kids for us. He churns out massive amounts of sweat, grows fangs to match his new Rancor-esque figure, and wrecks everything in his path.

A path that now hits close to home, I might add, including our Plazas and Smashvilles. Our levels are literally falling apart! Not to mention our stages that infested with strange and dangerous creatures. And the icy Summit? I wouldn't be surprised if it were taken out of the game by a 2.0 patch.

We're forced to travel to whole new planets. We love you too, Captain Olimar... about as much as your (multi)colored slaves love you, as you throw them around. Abuse the heavy one! They do more damage! Collect the white ones! They are more valuable, as they poison your enemies!

Don't even get me started on Norfair.

At this point, its blatantly obvious that Sakurai is trying to influence us through our favorite media. And our children! Smashers are growing up, and having kids! Jam Stunna and Mrs. Stunna, in the North! Ihatethecape, in the south! The message Nintendo is trying to reach your children with is simple -- pay attention to what we have to say, or... or... just look at what will happen to your once Mushroomy Kingdom! Decades have past, and the all natural beauty of World 1-1 has diminished into nothing!

The sooner we all realize that Brawl is just a liberal scam, conning our generation and beyond by infiltrating our media of choice, the sooner we will be able to put down this wretched piece of "advanced" technology in favor of the familiar, established, and dare I say acceptably balanced system of Melee.
That ended up as the last post on the first page, which means some people might miss it, which would be an incredible shame.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
dammit tom, jack, i love you guys. I swear, g4s5 won't even feature smash, it'll just be the midsouth in one giant collaborative orgy.

and handorin, it appears that you're trying to subtley imply that other races need labels and that you're superior for not requring one.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
is there a deadline for registration..or is it just show up and get seeded?
It's always nice to announce your intention of going, how many people are coming with you, whether or not you can bring a cube/tv, etc., so the organizers can get a good idea of how many people to expect. But it's not really a requirement, and walk-ins are always welcome. Just get there before sign-ups end (it should say what time that is in the first post) and play a ****ton of friendlies before pools/brackets start.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
So. . . . . does anyone want to MM me? I will accept from anybody. Chaddd for me saying bad things in one thread? GAPeach for revenge? FullMetal and JX31 since we never did get to do ours? Prac or 112 for easy money for them? XiF cause I want revenge ^_^? Iori, Spaceballs, and Chad cause they know they can get easy money from me if they are that cruel lol? Doesn't matter who. Just keep it 5 bucks or under for each person.

I will do CF and Link though my Link is pretty garbage.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Nesn00b, we will play many matches, but none for money! They will hold all the seriousness of matches for money, but no money will be involved.

Unless you want to lose money. ;P

Gerbil

Smash Champion
****in crashboards didn't make my post earlier >.<

I had addressed the walk-in thing, but Jack did it too so that's cool. Thanks Jack ^.^

There was a little issue getting the form in today. Apprently Prac had intended on having a tourny this same weekend, forms got mixed up with different people, but in the end we solved it, and G4S5 will be happening. :)

Speaking of Prac, he reminded/suggested some things to me:

We COULD potentially provide food. However, doing this we'd have to charge a door fee. I'll be discussing this with Alpha, and of course if you guys want to pay a door fee. It will be completely up to the majority. (I am personally against a door fee lol. If I am going to spend 5$, I want to spend it where I want ;) So there's a vote for No to start lol). The rest of you just post your opinions on it please. :)

I tried to see if CSU could lend us TVs, but it's a no-go for the moment (we'd have to go through more bull**** form filling). So TVs are very essential from you guys. Please help! :)

Speaking of food above, this is an issue we have to address. The times you guys are free to leave without risking losing your spots in the tourny. This time around I may end up having to enforce the Mage's DQ Rule (I'd make it less strict though, a 1 minute thing is kinda iffy to me >.> ) I'll elaborate more specifically on a later but, the last tournament we had a problem with people leaving and not coming back within the time limit. This delayed things heavily, and as you know other events like a Crew Battle or Low Tiers were unable to go down. If we can get this tourny done with quickly, that opens up time for us to do a Crew Battle or Low Tiers or something whacky along those lines.

So uh....... **** I think that's everything I have on my mind.......

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
We COULD potentially provide food. However, doing this we'd have to charge a door fee. I'll be discussing this with Alpha, and of course if you guys want to pay a door fee. It will be completely up to the majority. (I am personally against a door fee lol. If I am going to spend 5$, I want to spend it where I want ;) So there's a vote for No to start lol). The rest of you just post your opinions on it please...
I say NO to $5 Door Fee!!!

Why spend $5 when you can go to Burger King down the street and by a Whopper Value meal cheaper than $5...

Or, just go to the mall and get somethin' from there.

The door fee money can actually be used for money matches, and it'll be up to the smashers for them to use it in a match or so. If they lose, too bad. But if they win...HELLZ YEAH!!!! :laugh:

But no to door fees...

xilez

Smash Apprentice
XiF. Me and My buddy might drive up to get the feel of a big tourney, how far of a drive is it from the Tech Campus? (we would follow you guys in our car)

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Can we get pizza delivered for ourselves?
Technically yes, but I'd advise against delivery due to me not knowing how the administration works for the campus.

In the future tournies here at CSU, I'll have more access to better information and resources. This first time though, I really want to play it as safe as possible so that we can continue to hold tournies here.

AND HOLY **** WTF BBQ AT BRAWL INTRO VIDEO OVER AT 2CH!!! O.O

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Yeah, I'd like to know if I could get some housing. Plox k thaks.

Also:

NESn00b, Smooth Criminal and I are all in [play2win]. Why don't we hold p2w's first crew battle? haha we could play 3 people from CDE or that other Georgia crew... GPB? ABC? what is it? ;P

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
GPC, i think. GA only has one other crew, and it's defunct, The People's Republic of Tong.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Accepting soul matches

As founded by Take-Two, the rules for a soul match are Bob-ombs only on very high playing in Super Sudden Death. Best 2/3

Winner takes the other's soul.

-Chad-

Slackerator
What the eff David Blaine

made me double post : /

Also we'll try to bring a TV or two if we can swing it, and cubes. Nothing definite yet, but we'll try =x

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
No MMs from anybody. *sigh*

Oh well, would have been easy money for you all.

So how about them housing? Lots of them, yes?
Captain Falcon, huh?

I'll take you on with my Ness & my Mario! $5 best 3/5! :)

You're on, n00b!

EDIT: Easy money for us all?! The only people I know that say they suck or talks like that are people that have UBER skill in this game and would probably **** me with Raporade...

Quit mindfuking wit me! :laugh: lolz...

NES n00b

Smash Master
Captain Falcon, huh?

I'll take you on with my Ness & my Mario! $5 best 3/5! :)

You're on, n00b!

EDIT: Easy money for us all?! The only people I know that say they suck or talks like that are people that have UBER skill in this game and would probably **** me with Raporade...

Quit mindfuking wit me! :laugh: lolz...
I might not be awful as I say, but I am not "uber skilled". XD

Ness is a little daring, but is it two different ones or you will just interchange both in that one MM?

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
I might not be awful as I say, but I am not "uber skilled". XD

Ness is a little daring, but is it two different ones or you will just interchange both in that one MM?
Depends on what character I do good with...I'll start off with my Mario, first.

Sounds good?

NES n00b

Smash Master
Depends on what character I do good with...I'll start off with my Mario, first.

Sounds good?
Yar. Sounds good.

I am suprised nobody else has wanted a MM, too. I got lots more from Reflex's. (Which I didn't go =\)

Eh, I would be happy if I could just do one with FullMetal and you. Of course, anyone can do them.

Hmmm, soul matches Chad? I might consider, but a soul is a precious thing and I am not sure if my bo-omb skills are up to par.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
Accepting soul matches

As founded by Take-Two, the rules for a soul match are Bob-ombs only on very high playing in Super Sudden Death. Best 2/3

Winner takes the other's soul.
i'll take one

also, The Rough Customers are a crew in development but teh roster is mostly complete
so we can fighgt

-Chad-

Slackerator
i'll take one

also, The Rough Customers are a crew in development but teh roster is mostly complete
so we can fighgt
Yeay. I dunno what you look like =x just come up to the dood wearing/carrying a pika hat, then the soul match shall take place.

@NES Noob- If your soul is too much to lose...honor matches?

Also want to do quarter FFA's with all items on low on all stages. Anyone can win and claim a dollar =o

NES n00b

Smash Master
Yeay. I dunno what you look like =x just come up to the dood wearing/carrying a pika hat, then the soul match shall take place.

@NES Noob- If your soul is too much to lose...honor matches?

Also want to do quarter FFA's with all items on low on all stages. Anyone can win and claim a dollar =o
Sounds good to me, cause who needs honor. Pfft.

And the FFAs sound interesting. =p

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
My head hurts. I can't get a decent night's sleep anymore.

I'm coming to this. I'll be sure to get back into serious practice before this.

More details on my awesome to come.

Jx31

Smash Ace
****, six pages already?

I'm coming to this for sure, I don't want to miss this! I'll bring a cube+smash and if possible my PC/TV set-up.

edit-Nes Noob, are you still down for a MM against my Marth and Ganon?

DP's Mario

Smash Ace
sorry fellas i won't be attending but i will be at Final round
Got'cha. I'll be making that tourney as well...

And Fullmetal...You already know we gon' have to make it do what it do...$5 best 3/5?

EDIT: Lolz at Marth & Ness confirmed for Brawl from that intro vid...:lick:

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
So. . . . . does anyone want to MM me? I will accept from anybody. Chaddd for me saying bad things in one thread? GAPeach for revenge? FullMetal and JX31 since we never did get to do ours? Prac or 112 for easy money for them? XiF cause I want revenge ^_^? Iori, Spaceballs, and Chad cause they know they can get easy money from me if they are that cruel lol? Doesn't matter who. Just keep it 5 bucks or under for each person.

I will do CF and Link though my Link is pretty garbage.
You're definitely on- amount/ terms?

Got'cha. I'll be making that tourney as well...

And Fullmetal...You already know we gon' have to make it do what it do...$5 best 3/5?

EDIT: Lolz at Marth & Ness confirmed for Brawl from that intro vid...:lick:
Bring it on, buddy! ^_^

I vote yes for crew battle

@Whoever forgot about GPC- **** YOU!!!

THIS IS SPARTA!!!

Who else wants MMs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom