• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CCV- Stuff has been shown!

Organization

• By Player

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • By vs. Character

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • By Region

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • By Color of Kong

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • By Song

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Random

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Great work!

I suggest you keep the clip transitions simple. Like, the one where the screen shook kinda took me out of it. Everything else was alright.

I was originally thinking the combo video was going to be more fast paced, with more fast paced music, but this slow style that you used is actually very nice and sorta representative of DK :p.

edit: also, nametags because I'm stupid and use a lot of tags for brawl. And I'm sure someone else is too =c.

Neon!

Smash Lord
In the final version I'll display the players name at the top when their clip starts, was just too lazy to do that in this one. I was experiementing a little with the transitions so I could find out what yall like.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Just keep the middle as simple as possible. During music transitions, the intro, credits, that sorta thing, is when you should get creative with transitions if anywhere, imo. As long as it isn't distracting from the main footage.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
just make a combo video with transitions and one without them

Neon!

Smash Lord
There wont be as many flashy transitions in the final one, I might have to re-think the music though.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
lol DKC2 game over song.

Or you know, there's the actual DKC credits songs. 2's is better than 1's, friggin Diddy gets everything cool!

There's also the DK64 Credits Song, which would be entirely hilarious to me.

On a related note, Beastie Boys released their new album Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 a couple days ago. It's really good! Relevant because on it is a song called "Funky Donkey" which is mad funky. It'd be a cool song to include. You can listen to it at http://hotsaucecommittee.com/

Also related, this album makes me want to make my own CV sometime so I can include a couple of their other songs :bee:.

Edit: Woaaah happy 400th birthday to me!!!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!

4 posts in under 2 days?!

guys, I told you to knock it off! you're breaking the rules!

and an different note, I got drunk last night posted some incoherent nonsense..... twas awesome

Ripple said:
hooly ****ing **** bals I'm drunk. you guys are so jealouds th?>?at you aren't ma roghtb neow. fuvcikj finals ty=dot the mostf awesome thinfs to tyou !
for the record, I didn't spell those first 2 curse words correctly but I was to close to them so a mod edited them

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I hope I'm in the combo video... 3:
I haven't gotten any replays lately. Just the ones against TL.

:peach:

Neon!

Smash Lord
done, and peachguard all i have of you right now is that match vs chewie. send me the replays you want to use in .bin file format

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
can you tell me what you have of mine neon?

I need to look for more stuff

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
...Welp.

P3 just showed us up. Give up now, pack it up, go home. It's over.

tavosombra

Smash Rookie
:) :awesome: hello DK partners!! I would like to know if I could send you clips to be in the ccv, Im a DK mainer and I have many clips that could be used in the ccv
*I have already made a cv in case you want to check the style, its from the end of the 2010 so I already have better things to show

here´s the CV, greetings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSWk6M_zCm8

Neon!

Smash Lord
OK originally the deadline was yesterday but I'm going to extend it to JUNE 1st because i havent received nearly enouch clips. Here is a list of the kongs I plan on including, if you're name is underlined that means i HAVE recieved clips from you. If there is a number next to your name but its not underlined that means i have taken some of your clips from youtube, if you'd like to know which ones im using just ask. Next to each name is the number of clips i will be using for you

Ardirok
Cable 1
chaosgriffin
Cyphus 1
D0N
Dr. G
Jebu-95
Mar1
Mechwarrior
Peachguard 1
Ook 1
Ripple 3-4
Silfa
Sold-2 2
Te-jay 1
Will ? a bunch
wwwilliam 1
Yarsrevengerson ? havent watched them yet

The sooner you get me those clips the sooner it will be finished, if your name is not on here or you'd like more of your combos to be included please contact me because we currently have plenty of room for you.

tavosombra

Smash Rookie
OK originally the deadline was yesterday but I'm going to extend it to JUNE 1st because i havent received nearly enouch clips. Here is a list of the kongs I plan on including, if you're name is underlined that means i HAVE recieved clips from you. If there is a number next to your name but its not underlined that means i have taken some of your clips from youtube, if you'd like to know which ones im using just ask. Next to each name is the number of clips i will be using for you

Ardirok
Cable 1
chaosgriffin
Cyphus 1
D0N
Dr. G
Jebu-95
Mar1
Mechwarrior
Peachguard 1
Ook 1
Ripple 3-4
Silfa
Sold-2 2
Te-jay 1
Will ? a bunch
wwwilliam 1
Yarsrevengerson ? havent watched them yet

The sooner you get me those clips the sooner it will be finished, if your name is not on here or you'd like more of your combos to be included please contact me because we currently have plenty of room for you.
:bee::) NO i dont appear in there, so im already gathering my replays to send them to you, thanks for the quick response, ill let you know when im finished

thanks buddy

oh yes my nick is NALGA

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'm going to try and get a couple more clips from other people :urg:. Really want this to be the best ever... and that doesn't sound like the best ever yet.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I believe the trailer said "coming summer 2011" , it's not summer until june 21st.

:awesome:

Neon!

Smash Lord
@ ESAM, yes I can include that clip :)

@ Te-jay, that would be very helpful thank you.

@ everyone, I would like for this to be the best donkey kong combo video ever but I need everyones help. I've looked through lots of dk videos but I need replays that people havent seen before for this to turn out well

Also as far as music goes, we only need one more song. So far we have....

Intro: Unstoppable, E.S. Posthumous http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoaUYcwEpSw
Body: Hell or High Water, Anberlin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tLX7Px_P3k
Body: ?????
Conclusion:The Pirates Who Dont do anything,Relient
Khttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP2dAf3D-VY

As for the 2nd main song I have come up with a few choices, If anyone wants to suggest anything else that is ok also. (These are ordered from my personal favorite to least)

Field of Daggers, House of Heroes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9bxbq9A9ls

One foot in the Grave, Jamie's Elsewhere (would start at 1:24)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i-Zp_Et0_w

Going in Blind, P.O.D. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu0TG8Elz6o

Shadows, Red http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWUzuhuUHeU

Neon!

Smash Lord
thank you for the suggestions, unless everyone hates it I'm going to use field of daggers, I think its just too perfect to pass up.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Blind gaurdian ftw Te-jay, hey neon, my wii doesnt read discs, i can send you the bin files i have, not sure which ones are going to be the combo ones, if you are willing to sort it out i can send you what i got.

ardirok

Smash Apprentice
I did not send any clips, lol.How did you get them?

I don´t think that I have good ones, but It´s up to you to decide.

MBmoney

Smash Cadet
So I found a folder with about 10 clips that I had sent for a different combo video project a while ago that ended up never being made. I checked out the clips and 3 of them were DK ones so I re-uploaded only those so you can choose if you want them or not. Note, I can't record myself so these are .bin still and need to be recorded.

For the clip vs snake, look at double spike on Snake's 2nd stock.
Against Ike, I think I do a 0-death on Ike's 2nd stock
And um, I dunno what exactly is in the zss clip lol. Just watch the whole thing and decide if there's anything worth using there (it's short).

download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BDIKU7IQ
Quoting. Dunno if you saw this Neon. Just like to get some response.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
ughh, i just looked and found out that all my replays are on the wii not the SD card. So i might not be able to get anything in at all. Can anyone help me? My wii doesnt read discs, anything i can do to fix it, besides sending it in, cause that will take too long, and i will miss the replay submission deadline.

Neon!

Smash Lord
hmmm, you could try copying ALL of your brawl data onto an SD card and taking it to a friends house and playing it on their wii.

Top Bottom