• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CCSC Power Rankings - MOVED

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Us St. Alberts just want off the list in general, we're gonna be hella inactive as it is really soon anyways, what with me going to school in Vancouver and Stv starting University again. Wilson won't play much either so basically.. Put someone up who is more active who deserves to be on, that's all I'm saying.
Is that taken to mean that St. Albert has retired from competitive smash in the CCSC? If so, then, yes you would be deemed inactive and taken off the list. . . if you want?

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Ooo new rankings!

I remember Carl saying that Steve was better than Joel, but guess not anymore. Way to go Joel!
Isn't it kind of weird how John (xpiritflare) moved up having not played since the last rankings? If Randall says that no one can move down, and no one (that I know of) has played John in order to testify his increase in skill.... yes this is assuming that the last rankings was indeed a perfect ranking of skill ;)
Oh and Chad should be moved up. I think you all forgot about Chad because Brad complained louder. Just because Brad has him beat in lack of technical abilities doesn't mean he's better :p

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
last rankings were not perfect, these are more accurate, not just becuase of the current date. i don't think any list can be perfect though. and i mentioned chad should be higher before leaving too

Nihility

Smash Journeyman
St. Albert players are still competitive, if anything we're retiring from the ranking. But in a month, I personally can be assumed inactive and retired from smash.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Alphicans got on the Rankings after starting like a month ago.

I hate myself.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I attended like 5 tourneys in Washington. Doesn't that count for anything?

Course not. None of the panelists were there.

sigh. If you excuse me, i'm gonna go be emo and lament my decision of buying smash.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
CAST1: You had a really bad plan, you were still a noob so it doesn't matter that much.... but, carl took over and I helped him with some pre-tournament organizational things.

CAST2: I made the thread for you, managed it, wrote the rules for it, I had nearly everything set up for you, all you had to do was be there and do what any person who hosts a tournament does. Which is actually run it. Poor Chad felt guilty and Ran it for you, though it wasn't that bad of a turnout, Chad did a good job.

I wish that I don't have to get started on what happened with CAST3, but for the sake of one less post I'll have to make later; I'll get started. ONLY STARTED, I'm not finishing or doing anything between the two.
  1. You didn't even show up
  2. You hardly did anything to contribute
  3. You told us that you had the money planned out, and that everything would be fine. Third place in teams didn't even refund their entrance fee, let alone be called winnings. I don't even think that the entrance fee covered the rental cost of the venue, nor did it help pay for the food, which actually ended up to be snacks, that were actually provided by chad, not the entrance fee. I thank chad for that, without Chad being so kind to help out the tournament, CAST3 would've failed harder than Alex's tournament, and that one was canceled after people traveled for 3 hours from Edmonton to get to Calgary for [I'm not trying to bring back the past, it wasn't Alex's fault entirely, His parent's were going through a divorce at that time, which he never mentioned for obvious reasons]. Credit should also go to Sean, He's gotten a lot less credit than he should be for helping cast3.

That was my start, and like I said, there will be no middle or end. I'm not helping you with tournaments anymore. The only thing more I have to say if you don't believe me is open your eyes, Jesus Christ.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Not that I've played victra, but Alphicans is doing quite well and I agree with his placing. Also, he is just starting to play competitively and has enormous room for growth.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
*dodges the spam to try and find relevant comments*

Isn't it kind of weird how John (xpiritflare) moved up having not played since the last rankings? If Randall says that no one can move down, and no one (that I know of) has played John in order to testify his increase in skill.... yes this is assuming that the last rankings was indeed a perfect ranking of skill ;)
The criteria was upset by this list revision to the point that we lost two panelists in the process, but you said it yourself: no list can be a perfect ranking of a player's skill and the first release was published in a hurry.

Discussion and voting between panelists is decided based on a mathematical average of each member's own list as decided based on the criteria. Even when tallying the votes, it was clear that certain shades of the criteria were being ignored, sometimes intentionally, sometimes not. And because the final list is supposed to reflect what I said about players not necessarily "moving down" in the list, the only way I could ensure that is to physically edit the final average list which would be in straight denial of the panel's opinion. Obviously, large discrepancies would be looked at. SuPeRbOoM moved up 10 places and we addressed that and ultimately considered that it was fair. These rankings are hard enough to get four people to agree on, let alone piddle around in the thread trying to explain why John moved up one position in the list.

Fox Machine said:
Oh and Chad should be moved up. I think you all forgot about Chad because Brad complained louder. Just because Brad has him beat in lack of technical abilities doesn't mean he's better :p
Brad has been on my ignore list since this thread started; I don't even listen to the complaining, but I can't speak for the other panelists. It is crystal clear that Chad's a better player, but it gets to the point where we can't ignore Brad's repeatedly stunning tournament finishes.

Has joel improved in the last little while? or is steve just inactive?
Players don't move down due to inactivity. Inactive smashers get removed from the list entirely, actually. Either way, a +1 or -1 fluctuation isn't exactly a big deal. It looks big on paper, I guess, but as I said right from the beginning, it's not always obvious just how close these rankings are. Sets between FastFox and MICH are among the closest I've ever seen and they're separated by 10 positions. In the same respect, I think Levi has a legitimate shot at beating MikeMonkey every now and then.

Some people treat the power rankings as though the top 3 will absolutely **** everyone in the bottom ten 100% of the time. This isn't the case; there's a lot of talented smashers in this area and while it is obviously true that the top 3 are going to be dominant in that competition, it doesn't mean they're winning every match with stock to spare.

To reitierate by example, if you were me (RJM, #16) and came waltzing into this thread saying: "OMG! I just played like 30 matches with DJT (#15) and won almost all of them!!" it doesn't mean very much to the power rankings. Whether or not you can handle the person sitting right beside you on the list isn't as relevant as how you play on a Central Canada-scale. Nobody can fund the travel expenses required to accurately determine the list on an individual player-to-player basis.

Essentially, I try to ensure that the players who sit beside each other in the rankings are at least skilled enough that a match between them could fairly be called "a close game." Make sense? Lord, I hope so.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
A better guess would be that it was an attempt to test the boundaries of how far I can stretch the limits of conduct without getting any infraction points while not criticizing administrators. Then compare that to the time it takes me to get infraction points for posting subtleties in the Official Questions & Suggestions Thread.

Though in reality, it was neither. :)

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
mike has a point, and when melee's end is over, then what? when will this thing convert into brawl and what's it's purpose between after melee and the beginning of brawl? We can't rank people without tournaments, which we hardly ever have, and who knows when our first brawl tournament will be, if we even have one.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
There is a revision forthcoming. We're an active community with tournaments happening all the time, so yes there's always movement in the ranks in that regard. I got more done this weekend than I could have possibly expected, but I didn't get to the power rankings quite yet because I think the latest batch of videos are important for panelists outside of Calgary to see. So hold your horses folks.

You can't be a doctor if you don't have patience.

Oh, also, the final version of this list will be published after At Melee's End and we all start on an even plain for Brawl rankings.

Top Bottom