• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Catherine

MTGod

Smash Champion
New game in development from ATLUS (the Persona team), and a massive WTF moment.

From what I've been reading/seeing, the protagonist Vincent is in a long term commitment with this prude named Katherine who's pressuring him into marriage, when he becomes acquainted with a beautiful (demonic?) vixen by the name of Catherine. After he ****s her, he starts having nightmares in which he is being chased up a giant staircase along with some sheep by demonic things [relating to his dilemma?] (as seen in the video below - giant babies with chainsaw hands, cleavage-faced frog monster, etc.), and he dies if he gets pulled down the stairs or something. At the same time, there's been mysterious deaths in the town where young men have died in their sleep by an unknown cause, and Vincent believes they are related to his situation (confirming that Catherine is a massive, massive slutbag). One hell of an STD I'd say.

Being made by the Persona team means this will be equal parts Dating Sim + Survival Horror adventure game :p Unique? An adequate filler before Persona 5 surfaces :D

Trailer 2 here (in japanese though, but it's just small talk for the most part. The only part you need to know is that, when he's checking his phone on the toilet at the end, the guy says "But... this pose...")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPuzk1f4Tpc

Thoughts?

Sieg

Smash Champion
Been watching it for a while now.

Might get it if I'm lazy enough. Only other game I'd get out of Japoon atm is Neptune-tan.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Persona 2 remake is on the way too <3
Can't wait for it. Adult Only Persona suits the series well.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Oh, but it IS Moose :D Click Here

They began work on Catherine during the final stages of Persona 4 development, so I guess they started work on P5 in the latter stages of Catherine's development.

So.
Much.
Win.

And yeah, I'm pretty stoked for P2 remake - I never got to play the original. They were porting Innocent Sin right? Not Eternal Punishment?

Top Bottom