• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon Belmont CONFIRMED PLAYABLE for Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Simon Belmont-exclusive Social Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If there were an assist trophy from the Castlevania series, who would you want?
Alucard, he would go around teleporting and shooting fireballs out of his cape, occasionally attack you with a sword if you were to get close to him, and turn into a bat in order to recover in case if the platform he was standing in dissapeared.

The only other ones i can think of are Dracula or Death, but they seem more Stage Boss material if anything.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Definitely either Alucard, or Dracula himself.

If the game has Bosses, then I'd want Dracula there instead.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'd love for Dracula, if only because Simon himself never met Alucard in any of his games and it'd be cool to see Simon summon his mortal enemy to help him out in battle.

But I'm cool with either of them, really.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Assist Trophy Medusa Heads. They cause the exact same kind of knockback/freefall that they do in original Castlevania. Now your opponents can feel the annoyance!

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I'm all in support of Simon Belmont (preferably of Castlevania 1 and Super Castlevania IV influence)... Though I'm unsure of what the Castlevania series emblem would be. There's no way they're making it the Christian cross, and the crescent moon "C" is already kinda taken by Bayonetta's series emblem... Maybe Dracula's Castle itself? Eh... too busy. I'm just not convinced what it should be.

Simon's victory theme is obviously the victory theme from SCIV, heck, that's one of the biggest reasons I want the character in! Haha! I love that theme!!

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
20180718_213953.jpg

So I've now played and beaten my first Castlevania game. It was pretty good. (The mummy and the skelebird can suck a **** however) Will plan to play more of these games in the future. Guess I'll be a supporter for Simon. Add me to the list.

Which Castlevania would you guys recommend me to play next?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Do you want to stay in the classic games for now, or do you want to move on to the Metrovanias?

I'd recommend either Rondo of Blood, or Dracula X(also an SNES game). Both tell the same story, but Rondo is the much better version of the game(though I still like Dracula X better than CV4). And then after that, move on to Symphony of the Night.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Though I'm unsure of what the Castlevania series emblem would be. There's no way they're making it the Christian cross, and the crescent moon "C" is already kinda taken by Bayonetta's series emblem... Maybe Dracula's Castle itself? Eh... too busy. I'm just not convinced what it should be.
They could always use the “C” from the original logo.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
They could always use the “C” from the original logo.
Problem there is that the series is called Dracula in Japan, not Castlevania, so they can't do what Street Fighter and Final Fantasy did, a "C" would mean nothing in Japan unless it's the logo shaped like a crescent moon... So yeah, a tricky situation.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
They could always use Vampire Killer as the series symbol. IIRC, didn’t Project M do something like that with their take on Dracula’s Castle?

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Problem there is that the series is called Dracula in Japan, not Castlevania, so they can't do what Street Fighter and Final Fantasy did, a "C" would mean nothing in Japan unless it's the logo shaped like a crescent moon... So yeah, a tricky situation.
altough i would say that Akumajou is more recognizable than Dorakura there, your point still stands...
Imo the best icon would be a simplified representation of the castle. It really is what englobes Castlevania as a whole.

plus it would be more consistent when they decide to add Alucard and Other castlevania characters as dlc (ahahah ahahah ahaha, **** im getting greedy XD)

a vampire killer icon would still work well for just simon.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
View attachment 153757
So I've now played and beaten my first Castlevania game. It was pretty good. (The mummy and the skelebird can suck a **** however) Will plan to play more of these games in the future. Guess I'll be a supporter for Simon. Add me to the list.

I second Symphony of the Night. It's a good place to see the current direction of the series and is one of the best, if not the best, in the series.

D

Deleted member

It seems we will have to wait for a while before Simon is revealed. No dates for a Direct have been given and something tells me this month could easily have no Directs.

I mean i guess Halloween sounds like a month to reveal Simon, but part of me hopes it's earlier (like September, since that was the month in which Castlevania debuted)

DivineWrath45

Smash Cadet
You have my support for Simon Belmont to be in Smash!

He's one of my favorite Castlevania character, next to Julius and Shanoa. I think he really deserved it!

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
It seems we will have to wait for a while before Simon is revealed. No dates for a Direct have been given and something tells me this month could easily have no Directs.

I mean i guess Halloween sounds like a month to reveal Simon, but part of me hopes it's earlier (like September, since that was the month in which Castlevania debuted)
September/October would work pretty well. It would have given enough time for the big reveal and Ridley hype to run its course and be close enough to release to get things exciting again.

I have to say, I am really glad that fake July 22 "leak" was proven false.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Why? I didn't see anything in that leak that wouldn't have been good news.
Actually, looking on it, I think I may be confusing it with another "leak." The one I didn't like was the one with the supposed characters getting in like "Archer," "Ponytail" and "Old Man."

The ones with Mario Maker for Switch and games like MKX and KH3 coming to Switch sounded pretty good. Well, aside from the Star Fox racing game that just doesn't sound good to me at all.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
The ones with Mario Maker for Switch and games like MKX and KH3 coming to Switch sounded pretty good. Well, aside from the Star Fox racing game that just doesn't sound good to me at all.
I was most looking forward to those extra Mario Kart cups...

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I was most looking forward to those extra Mario Kart cups...
You bet, I am dying for more content for Mario Kart 8. It's great to get a new Link skin and motorcycle, but I'd kill for some more tracks.

At least, we know they are still supporting the game, so maybe we'll get lucky...

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Yesterday I Watched Lupin the third, Castle of cagliostro for the first time, and sincerely some of the more exotic decision regarding the first castlevania game were made considereable more evident. To the point that i wonder if they didn't intended to do a Lupin game first, and then turned back to create something original (or use free to use licences like universal monsters and dracula). akin to the Popeye/DonkeyKong Situation...

Along with vampire hunter D and vampire Hunter D bloodlust, these are great movies to watch while waiting for the next castlevania netflix season :p...

(now... where is my CGI Vampire hunter D netflix series that they promised a couple of years ago? T.T)

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
So i’ve been pondering about Castlevania’s inclusion in Smash, and i can’t help but to find Bomberman’s sudden and early reveal as an assist rather suspicious, Bomberman is pretty popular and iconic, but Castlevania is even more, but that assist trophy shows that they definitely looked into more Konami’s IPs to feature in Smash.

Besides, isn’t Castlevania like the only iconic long lasting japanese franchise from the 80s still not represented in Smash? (well there’s Dragon Quest, but sadly it’s not as popular in the west)

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Besides, isn’t Castlevania like the only iconic long lasting japanese franchise from the 80s still not represented in Smash? (well there’s Dragon Quest, but sadly it’s not as popular in the west)
Dragon Quest. Ninja Gaiden. River City. Double Dragon.

Contra and Ghosts 'n Goblins haven't had anything recently, but were still long lasting.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Dragon Quest. Ninja Gaiden. River City. Double Dragon.

Contra and Ghosts 'n Goblins haven't had anything recently, but were still long lasting.
I feel like Ninja Gaiden and Contra are the closest in terms of popularity to Castlevania, speaking of, I need to see something Contra related in Smash now that Konami is present again.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I feel like Ninja Gaiden and Contra are the closest in terms of popularity to Castlevania, speaking of, I need to see something Contra related in Smash now that Konami is present again.
Depends where you live.

Dragon Quest and River City(Kunio-kun) are probably more popular than Castlevania in Japan.

walkingwormfood

Smash Rookie
I'm all in support of Simon Belmont (preferably of Castlevania 1 and Super Castlevania IV influence)... Though I'm unsure of what the Castlevania series emblem would be. There's no way they're making it the Christian cross, and the crescent moon "C" is already kinda taken by Bayonetta's series emblem... Maybe Dracula's Castle itself? Eh... too busy. I'm just not convinced what it should be.

Simon's victory theme is obviously the victory theme from SCIV, heck, that's one of the biggest reasons I want the character in! Haha! I love that theme!!
Vampire Killer?

(forgive the janky 2 minute drawing)

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
That would be perfect. Like the Falchion or Palutena's bow, weapons have been used for series icons before. And the whip, the Vampire Killer, is instantly iconic with Castlevania. I hope it's used here.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
If true Isabelle will probably grow on me the way Dark Pit did and end up being one of my mains.

But I definitely wanna see if I can main Simon too :)

D

Deleted member

I find it interesing as to how Vergeben just DOESN'T back down regarding Simon, he's pretty damn confident he is coming.

Although im very confident in Simon's inlcusion myself, Vergeben was just the launching point and all the research i made regarding Simon's history and importance in his series only has helped me.

Onto another topic, Castlevania's 2nd Season Trailer has dropped:
(OBVIOUSLY VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED, but i think everyone knows this show isn't for the faint of heart)

I noticed one thing, and that is that Hector from Curse of Darkness makes an appereance in this trailer. There's also a mysterious character that may or may not be Grant Danasty (yeah the design is different but Trevor looks different from what he did in the Castlevania 3 Artwork and the only thing he shares with the Curse of Darkness Design is the scar on his left eye)

Last edited by a moderator:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I'm a little disappointed that Dracula's "generals" just seem to be other vampires instead of a Mummy, Medusa, Death, etc.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Castlevania curse of darkness sadly wasn't a good game, as much as I wanted to like it, but it had a couple of great ideas, and I personally would welcome if they rescue the devil forgemasters characters in the series, and maybe saint Germain?
Maybe Zed is also introduced (although I always felt that the assassin priest in the first season was a direct reference)

D

Deleted member

In case you were wondering about Simon's current scores in the Rate Their Chances thread...
Simon Belmont
59.37% Chance (Previously 16.67%)
64.07% Want (Previously 55.70%)

Big Increase in Chance. Holy cow, that's high. Also his want score has gone up too, now in the top ten there.
Wow... That chance rating is one of the biggest increases I have ever seen, especially for a third party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom