• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon Belmont CONFIRMED PLAYABLE for Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Simon Belmont-exclusive Social Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I assume it's supposed to be the cross boomerang. Which sometimes looks like that.
That makes sense, though it still feels too abstract. I feel like you should instantly be able to recognize the game series by its logo, but that's just me.

I was gonna say that i preferred redhead Simon but as soon as i saw his artwork from Castlevania Grimoire of Souls it makes me want that his appearance in Smash is specifically based on it, it's best of both worlds: iconic barbarian look with iconic Kojima's style, hands down the best Simon i have seen, no joking it made me change my mind on what design is my favorite.

He could always get the Chronicles look as an alt costume.
I guess it's my age showing, but this is what Simon should look like. The Chronicles look always came off as too "emo" to me, I never could take it seriously. Simon should be a hardened warrior who has no fear when facing the unholy.

Oddball

Smash Lord
I always thought the Chronicles design made him look like he was part of an 80s glam rock band.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
The problem I have with the barbarian look is it comes off as anachronistic. A European hunter in the 1600s really doesn't make sense looking like some kind of viking, and doubly doesn't make sense looking like Conan.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
The problem I have with the barbarian look is it comes off as anachronistic. A European hunter in the 1600s really doesn't make sense looking like some kind of viking, and doubly doesn't make sense looking like Conan.
Castlevania is full of anachronisms.

Just look at Dracula's clock tower, or skeeltons riding motorcycles in the 1800s, or Frankenstein appearing several hundred years before he's supposed to.

Simon at least has the excuse of dressing like his ancestor another famous vampire hunter.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
again , loz18 info was right on the money, while he didn't said anything regarding characters, he said that we are getting info regarding teh singleplayer modes and how to unlock characters.... that combined with a leak that says that we may be getting a metroidvania style adventure mode were we unlock characters have me hyped (that particular leak didn't said anything regarding Simon though)

D

Deleted member

CASTLEVANIA FACTS:

The only Belmonts from the original timeline to not star in their own game are Soleiyu Belmont and Julius Belmont.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
again , loz18 info was right on the money, while he didn't said anything regarding characters, he said that we are getting info regarding teh singleplayer modes and how to unlock characters.... that combined with a leak that says that we may be getting a metroidvania style adventure mode were we unlock characters have me hyped (that particular leak didn't said anything regarding Simon though)
If that is real, that would be an interesting mode to play.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
How fitting- I beat Simon's Quest last night!

with the worst ending

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Yay for Simon, after Rayman and Banjo he is my most wanted third party character and the Castlevania series has a huge legacy in gaming and history with NIntendo that it absolutely deserves a playable rep! Here's hoping the direct bodes well

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Great, now Dracula is in space...

wait... is that REALLY the smash official channel?...

like, someone screwed up? (the actual theme is the galaga remix)
Yes, you can get to this from the main site by right clicking the Galaga remix and opening a new tab.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Welp, I'm happy. Simon was defintely my second most wanted, and Castlevania is my second favorite game series. So it seems only fitting.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Welp, I'm happy. Simon was defintely my second most wanted, and Castlevania is my second favorite game series. So it seems only fitting.
That accidental leak from Nintendo pretty much confirms that Simon Belmont or a Castlevania rep like Dracula will make it into Smash.....I AM HYPED! LETS SEE HIS MOVESET BOYS!

Last edited:

Qwaser

The scent of death
NNID
Cheese200200
If Simon is getting in, I'm done for it as I'm a fan of Castlevania.

Although I hope Richter would be the Castlevania rep for smash......but eh.

StormC

Smash Hero
Congrats guys! As someone who considers Snake his all time favorite video game character, I'm happy he'll have a Konami brethren with him. :)

Plus I'll do what I promised to do: as soon as I see the splash screen, I'll fire up my SNES Classic and play Super Castlevania IV.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I see what people were talking about. The title of the Song changed, not the song itself

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Sakurai unfortuently got E X P O S E D.

Seriously, that accidental leak slightly ruin my hype for tomorrow as now I know who will make it into Smash. Still, really interested to see what Simon or any Castlevania rep's moveset is...I AM CRYING

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
That remix is so hype! I wish it didn't have to come out this way, because seriously, I can't imagine how upset Sakurai will be when he finds out his measures to counteract leaks went down the drain.

Either way, I can't say I wasn't happy to find out Simon's destined for Smash after all.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think tonight's update will actually be the Bloody Tears remix. It is not an accident at all, i think it is meant to tease the newcomer. Just wait a few more hours for the update.

MattX20

Smash Hero
This could be a troll move guys. The fact that only the title changed for the Galaga Medley seems like someone is screwing around. Until it's confirmed otherwise, we shouldn't consider this solid proof.

StormC

Smash Hero
That remix is so hype! I wish it didn't have to come out this way, because seriously, I can't imagine how upset Sakurai will be when he finds out his measures to counteract leaks went down the drain.

Either way, I can't say I wasn't happy to find out Simon's destined for Smash after all.
The remix hasn't actually been posted yet, lol.

I think tonight's update will actually be the Bloody Tears remix. It is not an accident at all, i think it is meant to tease the newcomer. Just wait a few more hours for the update.
Sakurai has never shown his hand THAT much. I doubt this was meant to be uploaded until Simon was confirmed.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
What is a leak? A miserable little pile of exposed secrets!
But enough talk! Have at your trailer!

Now, the biggest mystery left is what design Simon will have. Still hoping he gets both his Castlevania 1 design and Chronicles design as two separate costumes.

The remix hasn't actually been posted yet, lol.
I never said it did? It's unlisted right now (not "officially posted") but you can still access it is my point. That's what is important because we all now know it exists.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
This could be a troll move guys. The fact that only the title changed for the Galaga Medley seems like someone is screwing around. Until it's confirmed otherwise, we shouldn't consider this solid proof.
This "troll move" would cost this employee their job.

It's not the first time this has happened. Recall Roy and Ryu in the datamine. Or that Lucario's icon was on the sticker mode screenshot in the Brawl Dojo.

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Just wanted to stop by and congratulate my fellow Simon supporters. So hyped!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom