• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Thanks :) Also I realized yesterday that I already had winged boots I just never equipped them. XD Chapter 9 is like Dungeons and Dragons? Which Castlevania game is Chapter 9 based off of?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Major Nelson has posted the release dates of the upcoming 8-Bit content.
Simon and Chapter 10 will come next week (last week of January).
Getsu Fuuma and Chapter 11 will come the week after (first week of February).

The characters will be 160 MSP each, the stages 240 points each.

I wonder what will happen with Hammer after this DLC comes out...

Chapter 9 is like Dungeons and Dragons?
Haha, nooooo. X)
I was referring to the "+1" in 2 of the new drops which are based on old ones, just more powerful and with an added +1 on its name to differentiate.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Man.. I pretty much stopped playing this, I haven't bought a single chapter/character D:< is there a list of all new items or something?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I do have a list... in my head! >:3

There's really nothing that noteworthy, just equipment that boosts this and that. The most noteworthy ones probably would be the spells and weapons.
Alucard gets the Badelaire (7) and Alucard Sword +1 (9).
Soma gets the Claimh Solais +1 (10) and a crapload of new souls.
Both of them get the Kaiser Knuckle +1 (9) and Valmanway +1 (10)
Shanoa gets the 2 cerberus head glyphs (10), and 2 spells; Globus and Acerbatus (8 and 9 respectively).
The whip users get the Javelin (8) and NES Castlevania's 8-Bit subweapons (10).

As said, the rest is generally speaking just "equipment that's better than your current one".

Also, getting the hang of R. The Count, he's really not that bad once you have his pattern down. :>

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Chapter 10 is a pain the first 10 runs or so that I've done.

I did manage to get one of each Cerberus glyph, and they seem to work well together. They down right DESTROY Beez.
How do you get glyphs with Shanoa, I absorbed a nova skeleton glyph once but I died in the boss battle and I didn't see it in the inventory. So I take it that you have to win the level to keep it?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You have to have the item icon and name pop up over your head too. If you absorb it but no "You got this item" bubble with a green scroll appeared, you haven't got a copy.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
So is there a website where you can find out what stuff is located on what level and stuff like that?
Yea, GameFAQs has a very good item guide (I've been helping out with), although it doesn't include any DLC stuff yet.
I can give you pretty much the complete rundown on that one, though.

I've been searching GameFAQs. They're the only active site I've found with a dedicated community.
Unfortunately, 90% of that community are morons and/or douchebags, and 99% of the threads stupid, involving only "omg I want this character", "omg I can't get this item", "omg the price for the DLC sucks", "omg Valmanways are broken" or spam. :/
I would like an own forum for it, as long as the idiots are kept out.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Yea, GameFAQs has a very good item guide (I've been helping out with), although it doesn't include any DLC stuff yet.
I can give you pretty much the complete rundown on that one, though.

Unfortunately, 90% of that community are morons and/or douchebags, and 99% of the threads stupid, involving only "omg I want this character", "omg I can't get this item", "omg the price for the DLC sucks", "omg Valmanways are broken" or spam. :/
I would like an own forum for it, as long as the idiots are kept out.
My comment of 'dedicated' was meant for people like yourself who are taking the time to find the items and help people out, etc. Not the GameFAQQOTS. See what I did thar? ;)

But I'm glad we all have each other. :3

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Yeah I've seen a lot of idiots on gamefaqs before though, but the castlevania boards did have some nice lists of item drops and character guides. One question though, is there anyway to improve my odds of getting a 5-star item from a boss chest?

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Yeah I've seen a lot of idiots on gamefaqs before though, but the castlevania boards did have some nice lists of item drops and character guides. One question though, is there anyway to improve my odds of getting a 5-star item from a boss chest?
That's the million dollar question we haven't been able to find a straight answer too. :-/

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yea.

We know for a fact that the LCK stat increases your chances of getting enemy drops (which not only includes the item drops but also souls, spells and glyphs), but how the boss chests are affected by luck is absolutely ambiguous.
Currently one of the regulars is having a project where people note down which item they got from boss chests with high luck, base luck, no luck, etc., and after getting some data, he'll show a graph.
Of what he has told me, though, so far it doesn't seem like it's a significant change with high luck in comparison to a character's base luck.

The only thing that statistically does improve your odds, however, is using a character with a small item pool (in general that's usually either Charlotte/Yoko/Maria or the whip users, depending on the stage). This will increase the chance to get a rare item since the item pool to draw crap from is smaller. However, it's only statistics, and obviously, if you're farming for an item for a specific character, you're bound to use that one, and I have gotten some of the general 5-star items with other characters but those with the smaller item pool.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I see.....well I guess it will be pretty hard to get that alucard sword then. Then again idk if its as good as the valamway anyway.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yea, Sonic Boots are faster than Winged Boots and give additional stats, I think it was +1 STR, +1 INT and +5 DEF or so.

They're pretty sweet.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
New Chapter today/yesterday and new character Fuma. He's quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

Got Fuma Plate/Chest on a hard purple after getting Ebisu Raiment, which increases the odds of finding rare items. (b ' . ' )b Now if only that would help with everything else I want.

Fuma gear is also equipped...able... by the whippers.

Shanoa gets a new spell, currently confirmed only on normal and hard BOSS chests. Not sure on hard purples.

Oh, and simons plate is a drop off an enemy in chap 11 now. >.>

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yea, Luminatio only drops from boss chests.
Don't have any of the Fuma stuff or the Ebisu Raiment, but the Bishamon Raiment (purple/boss hard) is actually pretty sweet.

Also, the boss drops Puppet Master's Hard drops on Normal (Thief Ring, Healing Mail and Muramasa), and Menace's Hard drops on Hard (Nebula, Chaos Ring).
I have 9 Thief Rings and 4 Chaos Rings by now. <.<

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Yea, Luminatio only drops from boss chests.
Don't have any of the Fuma stuff or the Ebisu Raiment, but the Bishamon Raiment (purple/boss hard) is actually pretty sweet.

Also, the boss drops Puppet Master's Hard drops on Normal (Thief Ring, Healing Mail and Muramasa), and Menace's Hard drops on Hard (Nebula, Chaos Ring).
I have 9 Thief Rings and 4 Chaos Rings by now. <.<
Got my first Chaos ring on my first hard 11 run.

Also got my first Robe Decollette (FINALLY) in chp 7 today. :D

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I will take that "official" post with a grain of salt. They got the price of their own DLC release wrong, they never posted anything on Castlevania HD before, you really expect them to translate Japanese correctly?
Unless the Japanese page updates, I'm not gonna believe anything.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I will take that "official" post with a grain of salt. They got the price of their own DLC release wrong, they never posted anything on Castlevania HD before, you really expect them to translate Japanese correctly?
Unless the Japanese page updates, I'm not gonna believe anything.
Touche sir. I really hope you're right.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well, as said, I'll take it with a grain of salt, but it doesn't seem likely for more stuff to come (it WAS bound to happen eventually), except maybe Hammer. Whom I really really hope they're gonna include. Poor guy would've almost made it into two games as playable character if he won't be included, just to get scrapped in both HD and Dawn of Sorrow.
That would not only make me sadface, but especially sadface because Hammer would play like Grant from CV3, and that would be freaking sweet. At first I thought "omfg, who cares", but now that I replayed CV3 and got more warmed up to vastly different gameplay styles from the current characters, I wanna cling to walls and kick butt. :(

As much as I like the current cast, Hammer is probably the most desired character of mine by now, even more than Albus. I think pity for the poor guy comes into play too. And the fact we have the same hairstyle and both of us have facial hair. So I really hope that Hammer will be announced on the Japanese page.

Oh, and finally, the whole "let's make an own forum"-stuff indeed happened:
http://alternateharmony.proboards.com/index.cgi

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Well, as said, I'll take it with a grain of salt, but it doesn't seem likely for more stuff to come (it WAS bound to happen eventually), except maybe Hammer. Whom I really really hope they're gonna include. Poor guy would've almost made it into two games as playable character if he won't be included, just to get scrapped in both HD and Dawn of Sorrow.
That would not only make me sadface, but especially sadface because Hammer would play like Grant from CV3, and that would be freaking sweet. At first I thought "omfg, who cares", but now that I replayed CV3 and got more warmed up to vastly different gameplay styles from the current characters, I wanna cling to walls and kick butt. :(

As much as I like the current cast, Hammer is probably the most desired character of mine by now, even more than Albus. I think pity for the poor guy comes into play too. And the fact we have the same hairstyle and both of us have facial hair. So I really hope that Hammer will be announced on the Japanese page.

Oh, and finally, the whole "let's make an own forum"-stuff indeed happened:
http://alternateharmony.proboards.com/index.cgi
Thanks for the share mate! :D

I'm actually in the middle of beating the crap out of Aria of Sorrow (guess I never got the real ending, and now I'm on Hard getting EVERYTHING), along with CotM, HoD, and intend to rebuy (yes, I know. T_T) the Castlevanias for the DS. <3 I also have Castlevanias I, II and III on my phone. So eventually I'll get through those too.

AND I beat LoS on the 360 the other day. Very enjoyable reboot if I do say so myself. :D

Top Bottom