• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CASTLE SMASH FEST 2!!! December 13th, 2008. Centereach, NY BRAWL/MELEE

doommachine15

Smash Ace
The main reason melee is second is because, so many people dropped out of brawl because they got there and brawl was starting to late from how long melee was taking....so regardless that melee might take an hour even though there is going to be a small turnout, I don't wanna drive away a massive brawl turnout because melee is not going to be huge with the philly tourney and the obv fact that melee is dying. And kirin there is a 2 1/2 hour gap because brawl singles is going to take a while. And even if this is all true, I'm not changing the times last minute because everyone is not gonna look at this last minute and notice the changes.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
ok so melee takes an hour at most and 5-6 tvs are open to brawl friendlies then turn the melee setups into brawl lol

yeah 2 o clock is so LUDICROUSLY LATE i can understand why noone would enter brawl especially since if you do it that way you dont have a deadline and can have those melee set ups as FRIENDLY TVS -__-

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
I hope theres some sb64 there. Ive been playing it more then brawl lately lol.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I can no longer bring a setup, you guys know why. If someone can only bring a Wii, however, I'll be glad to bring a TV, but Im not bringing unless I have someone confirmed to bring a Wii.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
do melee first so that way brawl can go 2-the rest of the night with no melee friendlies

if brawl is first you have till 1-6 and have to have melee set up for friendlies/warm ups. after melee is done the melee setups will be gone

you have to be a ****ing idiot to disagree with that

at most there is like 3-4 melee setups and the rest is brawl friendlies so you have to be either masochistic or greedy as **** to not think that the former is the better idea

hey lets have a poll brawl players

would would you rather do

a) play brawl from 1-6 with 6 tvs

or b) play 2-whenever it ends with 8 tvs with no interference from melee players

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
well,i have to leave at 10 in the morning on sunday so if we play melee first i won't be able to get in the brawl tourney due to it being to late for me probably, and i can't wait around playing friendlies for hours, also, people expect brawl will be first and some won't be checking here again so we can't do like a las minute change like that

Ryan-K

Smash Master
well,i have to leave at 10 in the morning on sunday so if we play melee first i won't be able to get in the brawl tourney due to it being to late for me probably, and i can't wait around playing friendlies for hours, also, people expect brawl will be first and some won't be checking here again so we can't do like a las minute change like that
if you leave at 10 on sunday then ok? the tourney shouldn't revolve around your schedule. besides it would run faster. YEAH A TOURNEY THAT STARTS AT TWO WITH EXTRA TVS ENDS WAAAAY LATER THAN A TOURNEY THAT STARTS AT ONE WITH LESS TVS LOLLLLL

a last minute change wouldn't be necessary if the schedule wasn't a giant clusterfuck to begin with

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Can't make it guys.

And I was going to bring cookies. ROFL. Just fer eli though. I owe him cake, but I hate making cake, so cookies it is, next time?!

Pizza cake.

Steak.

:093:

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I might just actually be coming to this since Bum canceled his.

Edit: I'm officially coming I'll be there at like 10 am though...

doommachine15

Smash Ace
We can use all the extra TV's, Wii's, Cubes, Brawl, Melee. There is no payout for 7th, lol dont come if your relying on cashing to get home. Ref the doors open at 11am and there is a burger king literally right in front of it that you can chill at, or in the front with the others waiting. And hope to see you all there today and I'll check in the morning to answer any last minute questions before you leave.

And if you are looking for me(X-0), ill be a kinda tall big guy wearing UFO's with black hair, and Will is a skinny ginger kid lol. So look for us when you get there with any questions.

dirty1

Smash Cadet
this is last minute, but i will be bringing a TV/Wii with MELEE,
Monty will be coming with me and he is only able to bring a cube/melee, cause his tv is to big to fit in the car.

I will bring brawl if u guys need an extra copy.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
k so then i assume the melee tvs will have melee going on all through brawl seeing as how you can't have it first and there's no other way to play or warm up

Top Bottom