• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castle Fight Night #9 - Long Island, New York - August 16th - 8/16/08

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Alright I've updated the post so as to include rules for Super Smash Brothers Melee and Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike. If theres anything I'm missing concerning the rules for Street Fighter let me know and send me a link so I can verify and update it, because I am pretty unfamiliar with the official tournament rules used.

DDRDiesel

Smash Rookie
Damn, looks like our little tournaments finally grew a bit. I used to run these with my partner IcyCool, but it just got out of hand, not to mention there was a lot of controversy at the last one, so I've backed down for a little while. Maybe I'll come to help with Fight Night 10?

~Diesel

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
So all tourneys are goin at the same time? Doubles or singles first?

MTD - you still going / still wanna team?

im probably gonna go for the whole thing with my wii, driving zro = staying till he wins finals normally =P

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Since there are so many tournaments going on at once, doubles should start first as it tends to run a lot faster than singles. Good call Patsie I'll post that as an update. And we should be able to run Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike on PS2's right alongside everything else remember bring setups its important to help this run as smoothly as possible. I'll also post how many setups I know we have at the moment, so anyone who is sure to be bringing one message me or post to let me know : )

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Is hanenbow counter-pick for only doubles like the sbr ruleset? Or both?

Edit: anyone know how to get to this from the city without driving?

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Actually, to avoid any disputes I've gone ahead and removed Hanenbow, and replaced it with Jungle Japes since I've found that a more viable/frequent counterpick : )

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Actually, to avoid any disputes I've gone ahead and removed Hanenbow, and replaced it with Jungle Japes since I've found that a more viable/frequent counterpick : )
that works. :] i didn't even notice jungle japes wasnt there.

btw. do you know how to get to the venue from the city?

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
how long is singles expected to take?
Doubles is expected to go by fairly quickly (1-2 hours) to accomodate for what is generally a large singles turnout- say if there are about 30 people that show up- on average a smoothly run tournament would last 3+ hours, so I would plan to be able to at least stay for that long. The venue closes at 11:00pm, so we will be able to run tournaments until that point if necessary.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
ok, cool, just hope it goes quick, i cant stand waiting an hour for 1 match against a 2 minute noob(yes, im that cocky i will win)

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
if i bring 2 setups do i get $10 away from venue fee? cus im gonna bring a melee and 3S setup

i hope justin wong doesnt randomly appear... i would b soooo angry

Top Bottom