• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castle Fight Night #9 - Long Island, New York - August 16th - 8/16/08

Conway

Smash Cadet
Yeah I can def bring:

1 TV
1 Brawl/Wii
1 PS2/Third Strike

Just tested out my T5 stick and its broken :( is anybody bringing a Hori I could use for tourny matches?

"-No physically interfering with an opponent (kicking his chair, or him, slapping his controller, etc)"

That made me rofl btw.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
if im bringing both a gc/melee, and a wii/brawl is my venue fee free?
We can only really give you $5 off for bringing one setup, otherwise the owner wouldn't have much of an incentive to host the tournaments. We'd still appreciate anything you can bring though because a lot of people seem to be bringing multiple setups/tv's thanks so much you guys!!

MTD

Smash Apprentice
We can only really give you $5 off for bringing one setup, otherwise the owner wouldn't have much of an incentive to host the tournaments. We'd still appreciate anything you can bring though because a lot of people seem to be bringing multiple setups/tv's thanks so much you guys!!
ok it doesnt really matter i was just wondering, i'll still bring both setups.

vanek_pi

Smash Journeyman
****, i don't know how i let this slip. i gotta try and get off work for this. if i can go, i will try and bring a setup.

Nica K.O

Smash Cadet
is it possible for someone whos passin by new hyde park spot me a ride....ive always wanted to go to one of these and enter brawl and 3s =\ i might be bringin a friend too

Cla

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. I'm the guy who originally started the Castle Golf tourneys back in April '07. I left NY last October, but I was glad to see John "IcyCool" continue the tourneys for a couple of months. I was worried when one hadn't happened since April, but I'm glad to see something in action again.

I finally got a car last month so I was interested in visiting LI again to see how the Castle Golf tourneys are going now. Although it's too soon for me to make a long trip like this. (My car still has temp inspection. x_x And gas money is low) More over, I'm just not interested in any of the games. I'm ok with Chun in 3s, but not enough to drive so far just for that. Really, I'm looking for some Soul Calibur 4 action. Oh well.

You all should post this on Shoryuken.com. That's where all the 3s players are. I rarely come to SmashBoards, but I'm always on Shoryuken myself.

Anyways, keep me updated on future events. As long as I can bring a 360 with SC4 (also XBLA SC1) to attempt a tourney on 1 TV or at least have casuals, I'll be trying to make the trip up.

I actually have 6 TVs I can bring. I know 1 requires RF unit. I think a 2nd one does as well. Although I'm not sure all 6 with fit in my car anyway, (93' Mitsubishi 3000GT)

Hey, does Mark "Diesel" still work at Castle Golf? I know he'd be trying to Smash it up. I'm really surprised that there's no DDR tourney going on as well. Does Castle Golf still have DDR?

Anyways, good luck. Hope to hear good things about the current and future state of the Castle Golf tournies.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
so if i bring a brawl setup ill get 5$ taken off the venue fee and the tournament will go a little quicker?
Well we already have 5 potential brawl setups, but sure go for it. We would just need to make sure that we have 5+ tv's available for brawl. If anything it'll get you $5 off right?

Nica K.O

Smash Cadet
i can bring a small ps2 and 3s cd (possibly)

what do i do in order to let the registry know i dont have to pay....do i carry a slip around saying i own this ps2 or somethin??

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
what is the pay out structure?

is it going to be winner take all like the last time i went? i know its a different host so thats why im asking

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
i can bring a small ps2 and 3s cd (possibly)

what do i do in order to let the registry know i dont have to pay....do i carry a slip around saying i own this ps2 or somethin??
Just show either myself or Chris that you brought a setup and we'll make sure you get the discount off the venue fee.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hmm.........

I just may go to this. Seeing as how I got payed heavy out of no where. I can afford this. I gotta Rep Peach's name in tournaments. Not enough Peach's in there. And thats something I can't have ;)

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
what is the pay out structure?

is it going to be winner take all like the last time i went? i know its a different host so thats why im asking
Honestly we haven't decided yet, as it seems better to determine that based on the turnout. The general pay-out I've seen tends to be 60-30-10 for the top 3, but for each tourney it depends on the number who join. Say for 3rd Strike, it may be better to just to pay it all out to the winner. We'll specify the earnings tomorrow though for sure.

Nica K.O

Smash Cadet
Just show either myself or Chris that you brought a setup and we'll make sure you get the discount off the venue fee.
oh ok...is it off the venue fee or the tournament fee

i couldve sworn it was tournament fee but either way...ill show you guys

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
i wanna come. but from the info i got i have to take a train and 2buses. i really doubt i'd have money for ALLL that.

if i don't go. Dark.pch better take this :D

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
i wanna come. but from the info i got i have to take a train and 2buses. i really doubt i'd have money for ALLL that.

if i don't go. Dark.pch better take this :D
if u want i can drive you, from the cold spring harbor train station, im alrdy driving zro (and maybe blackanese?) if you get a round trip from penn to csh it's around $20.

its up to you, ive got another space in my car (or two if zro doesnt bring someone), get on the train that gets to cold spring harbor at 11:32

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
if u want i can drive you, from the cold spring harbor train station, im alrdy driving zro (and maybe blackanese?) if you get a round trip from penn to csh it's around $20.

its up to you, ive got another space in my car (or two if zro doesnt bring someone), get on the train that gets to cold spring harbor at 11:32
Hey can you help me out with that please?
I'll chip in for gas and w/e

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion

if you can then sure. i'll be up for that.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
Hey can you help me out with that please?
I'll chip in for gas and w/e
yea sure, ill see if i can bring the navigator, if not u might need to squeeze in with 3 ppl in the back of a sedan but it aint bad

dont worry about gas, i dont pay for it anyway

im gonna PM zro to see who hes bringing. but yea, cold spring harbor station at 11:32, ill cya there

gonna have to cap it after dark pch if chaos marth comes too, srry anyone else.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Lol we have 5/6 already and I'm not sure if we'll even have them all hooked up, but better to be safe than sorry bring one if you like. $5 off venue fee : )
I know but if you guys dont need it......I am gonna be carrying a bag with me......for no reason -___-

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
yea sure, ill see if i can bring the navigator, if not u might need to squeeze in with 3 ppl in the back of a sedan but it aint bad

dont worry about gas, i dont pay for it anyway

im gonna PM zro to see who hes bringing. but yea, cold spring harbor station at 11:32, ill cya there

gonna have to cap it after dark pch if chaos marth comes too, srry anyone else.
How do I get there from whats the name of the stop I have to get off on the train?

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
How do I get there from whats the name of the stop I have to get off on the train?
it's the second to last stop on the huntington line out of penn station i think, just chill at the hut they have at the train station by the front and ill come out and get yall

just checked online. it's the 10:23 from penn station, get on the huntington line and get off at the cold spring harbor station. it's between syosset and huntington.

Conway

Smash Cadet
I just packed everything up:

PS2
Third Strike Disk
Wii (American now, my friend let me use his for the weekend :) )
TV

One problem is that my friend forgot to leave a Wii-mote with his Wii.

I'm going to go ahead and assume somebody is going to bring one I just want to make sure I'll have one to turn Brawl on.

Thanks in advance, see you all tmrw!

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I know but if you guys dont need it......I am gonna be carrying a bag with me......for no reason -___-
lol its okay we should be fine you don't have to bring one then i understand where you're coming from ;p

I just packed everything up:

PS2
Third Strike Disk
Wii (American now, my friend let me use his for the weekend :) )
TV

One problem is that my friend forgot to leave a Wii-mote with his Wii.

I'm going to go ahead and assume somebody is going to bring one I just want to make sure I'll have one to turn Brawl on.

Thanks in advance, see you all tmrw!
yeah no worries I have 2 Wii remotes with full battery life we should be set in terms of that. See you there!!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I cant get in contact with Zro. And I dont feel like depending on someone from here.

So can I get your cell number so when I get to the station I can call you patsie

Top Bottom