• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CAST4 - Nov 22-23, 08 - Alberta, CAN - MELEE ONLY - It's over! T^T

Alphicans

Smash Hero
This tournament is just gonna be Bam and PKM 4 stocking everyone else and then 8 Stocking people in teams
I wouldn't be so sure... I just saw the 2 biggest upsets in SC history. Both JulyZerg and FirebatHero lost to two rookies :o. I am mainly typing this out, just as a way to express my absolute astonishment, but it also fits the discussion so what the hell.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
That's until they reach FD.

Final Destination at CAST4 is my Jiggs Utilt.

I don't even have to follow up with Rest as the pixels on the opponent burst to flames. That's why people better not mm my Jiggs unless they're sure they'll win, or we'll need a lot of tvs. Luckily I suck...but hopefully not too much come Nov 22... >_>

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
This will not be enough! You need to be ganon slayer too lol. But who the hell plays Ganon in WC now? ;)
LOL! My falcon will just have you being combo'd all over the map son. Get *****.

This tournament is just gonna be Bam and PKM 4 stocking everyone else and then 8 Stocking people in teams
Sorry 1st in teams is reserved for Eggz and myself.

I seriously have no idea who is gonna win, because there is a rediculous amount of skill attending this tourney.[/ QUOTE]

word, bird.

dont forget me 4 stocking you in our money match
sick burn >.>

K, probably giving up my spot in the car to manuel so he can make it here. Tony is on the fence for this thing now and if he comes, GG EC. I'm flying nukkuh.

KageIsGoingDown

Smash Apprentice
Is there a 7-11 or something near the place we are smashing? It would be nice to go and get snacks or something once I get beat outta both pools in the first 8 minutes of the tournament....

albinoguy11

Smash Cadet
Is there a 7-11 or something near the place we are smashing? It would be nice to go and get snacks or something once I get beat outta both pools in the first 8 minutes of the tournament....
Your leading into exactly what I was going to say.

I went down to our venue today to discuss rates and catering and discovered that catering is where they get you, its way to expensive and there is no way we can afford to have a buffet table unless half of you pre-pay for the tournament in the next week. As it stands now I think we might just order pitchers of assorted sodas and have a place to meet for lunch.

I don't think they allow outside food and drink in the venue but I intend on having a discussion with the manager at the Stanford about it.

All this venue stuff is getting very frustrating.

I scoped out fully everything around the hotel and found a 7-11, a pizza place, a movie theater, a bowling alley, and an Alberts restaurant across the street. There's plenty of other places nearby to eat and gamble and pass time (it is downtown after all). There's also O'maleys Pub and Grill and the Tandoora Restaurant in the hotel.

Also I checked on rates at the hotel were smashing in, its $79.99 for a room for a night plus $10 for every guest over the amount of 1.

Everything seems to be shaping up pretty well so far as long as me and victor can scrape up the money to get everything rolling.

KageIsGoingDown

Smash Apprentice
*All the stuff you just said*

Well will we go eat at a resturant at a certain time or can we go whenever. Also since it's down town I more than likely will go hang out other places after getting my *** handed to me. But yes, thank got a for a near by 7-11. Thanks for all the helpful info too. Hotel isn't a biggie for me though, I have a reserved, highly acclaimed spot at Connor's house ^_^

Also I kinda wanna hear some feedback on my Smash Tournament t-Shirt design thing because it would be nice if I got in for free for winning it, that way that 15 bucks could go to when we go and eat :D. I am fairly certain everyone there will buy one of my shirts, if not both. They kick so much as. I want Vic to photoshop a good copy and send me it because I wanna make sure they look sweet, and not crude from MS Paint Program. I'm curious to know what Victor had to do to convice the venue to let us smash there. Hope he's not the kind to subject himself to sexual favours in a sacrifice to let us smash there lmfao.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
CAOTIC! I'm no longer driving w/you. sorry buddy T_T gotta give up the spot to the less furtunate AKA manuel :laugh:

<3 manuel.

Don't worry though. Manuel is just as fun if not MORE fun to hang out with than myself =)

albinoguy11

Smash Cadet
No Sexual favors, I don't think. The guy knows its a tournament just not what kind.
As for t-shirts the idea has kind of died. Id like to get it going again and find out how many people would really like one so we could maybe do it but to get them set up for only 10 people would make them into $35 t-shirts.

If victors not taking the designs into his hands you can e-mail me the designs at manin_thebox at hotmail and ill see about setting up a thread or something to run the contest and find out how many people want them. I think itd be great if we could get it working.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
No Sexual favors, I don't think. The guy knows its a tournament just not what kind.
As for t-shirts the idea has kind of died. Id like to get it going again and find out how many people would really like one so we could maybe do it but to get them set up for only 10 people would make them into $35 t-shirts.

If victors not taking the designs into his hands you can e-mail me the designs at manin_thebox at hotmail and ill see about setting up a thread or something to run the contest and find out how many people want them. I think itd be great if we could get it working.
I say we scrap that idea. I'm too lazy.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

So I'm guessing I should confirm you huh? And Manuel too i'm assuming.
Manuel and Tony will know/just found out within the last/next 12 hours. Roby Extreme bought his greyhound ticket allready. Looks like BC might have a crew! BC > Ontario BTW. GET AT ME SON! CREW BATTLE MM ONTARIOOOOOO!!!

EDIT: Ontario gets me on their team due to me being born in Ottawa >.>

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Victra how did you change your name like that? ( you were Janitor beforehand right.....)
Yeah, I was previously Janitor.

Um, I just PMed an Admin and asked. They won't do it anymore though since they're planning on having Premium back. I just asked one of the new MLG admins, and they did it for me. They said they won't be changing anymore either though. I just got lucky xD Sowwy =3

Runawayfire

Smash Lord

Yeah, I was previously Janitor.

Um, I just PMed an Admin and asked. They won't do it anymore though since they're planning on having Premium back. I just asked one of the new MLG admins, and they did it for me. They said they won't be changing anymore either though. I just got lucky xD Sowwy =3
Aww weakness, oh well, I've got an avatar that says Minus, plus a sig.... I guess I'm already getting my point across.

Also you can add me as confirmed, I'll be coming with the rest of the sask dudes for sure unless the whole province bails or something.

(hopes he'll also get to play some brawl with the good brawlers of wc)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Aww weakness, oh well, I've got an avatar that says Minus, plus a sig.... I guess I'm already getting my point across.

Also you can add me as confirmed, I'll be coming with the rest of the sask dudes for sure unless the whole province bails or something.

(hopes he'll also get to play some brawl with the good brawlers of wc)
Okay.

Oh, if I see anyone playing Brawl, there will be a $2000 dollar fine and a perma-ban from all future cast events. Just a little heads up.

[edit] Whats the deal with Gimpyfish and his status on this? Also, has anyone heard from Cash Mooney lately?

I also added Tony and Manuel anyways.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Wait wut?

(I honestly have no clue if you're joking or not.... I mean about the brawl negativeness in general, obviously you can't fine me lol)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Wait wut?

(I honestly have no clue if you're joking or not.... I mean about the brawl negativeness in general, obviously you can't fine me lol)
Well obviously I'm joking, but I will ask to close down any brawl set ups. I want there to be enough TVs for everyone to play Melee friendlies (since there are many money matches, grudge matches and crew matches.) as well as enough TVs for the tournament to run quickly and smoothly. The only exception is Dan's 64 setup and that's it.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Manuel seemed confused when I ask about it. But I'm glad he's coming! *waves hands in the air and runs around* Just trying to not sound too exited. YYYYYSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE
um...

I'm bringing my full set up...that means Brawl will be in the bag. I don't go anywhere with HALF a set up dude!

64+2 64 Controllers+SSB64
Melee (currently my GC is broken but can use the wii for melee still)
Wii+Brawl+2 GC Controllers
TV

So I'm bringing Brawl whether you like it or not (though this doesn't mean I'll play it and probably wont as there's melee competition everywhere and SUPERBOOM for the 64) but it'll be there.

I'll have to have 2000 mms for 1$ then.
or 1 mm for 2000$.
I'll see what works best if indeed having Barlw in my bag means I must pay. ;P

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master

Well obviously I'm joking, but I will ask to close down any brawl set ups. I want there to be enough TVs for everyone to play Melee friendlies (since there are many money matches, grudge matches and crew matches.) as well as enough TVs for the tournament to run quickly and smoothly. The only exception is Dan's 64 setup and that's it.
what about Dan's brawl setup? LOL

KageIsGoingDown

Smash Apprentice

Well I really don't think we should scrap the idea of the t-shirts for a few reasons. First off, I would love some CAST4 merchandise. Also, I love my T-shirt idea and i'm almost 100% certain that anyone who actually would have $35 would buy my t-shirt. I still need Victra to photoshop my idea and make it pro (Vic, if you're too lazy to organize making the t-shirts then at least tweak my idea on photoshop! it's the least you can do). I think we should make a thread and then decide to shaft the idea or not. If people like the idea then they can "pre-order" and say stuff like "yah sure i'll buy one" or whatever. Depending on the popularity of the idea, that's how we should treat it. So yes, once Vic tweaks my designs (you better do it, Vic!) then he'll send me the t-shirt logo's and I'll send em to you. I have two t-shirt concepts that kick ***, but sadly I did em on the paint program on my computer so it's kinda just a rough draft to see the feedback I got. So far people liked my idea, but keep in mind they will be cleaned and and look way better. So anyone who wants to see the shirt ideas I came up with, just send me a private message or something I guess.

I really wanna start a thread for this, this idea could make whoever makes the shirts more money, and if it works, they can do the same thing for CAST5 (if there will be one)

albinoguy11

Smash Cadet
Cast 4 merch would be great and victor wants to scrap it.
E-mail me your pictures and ill find time to photoshop them on the weekend or during the next week.
If we cant set up shirts maybe we can get ball caps of some sort.
Victor set me up a CAST4 merch thread now!

they can do the same thing for CAST5 (if there will be one)
Blasphemy

kithkin

Smash Champion
Lol

Gimpy, I must play your Roy. Ditto maybe =3

Oh and we're serious about no brawl allowed, sorry but it just takes away from the tournament.

There wouldn't be a fine though, just Victor imitating Chad and yelling really loud.

Oh and Minus is awesome FYI, too bad (s)he cancelled it ((s)he still did right?) I loved the guy boxing the Lion. Oh and Sask? Your location is toronto?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Yes kithkin! Finally someone else on here who knows Minus!!!!
You're my new best friend now, its decided, you cannot back out of this position.
Yeah, I truly shed a tear the day I saw Minus was completed... all good things must come to an end I guess... :(
My fave was easily the one with the meteor, after that I there's a lot more I liked alot (the lion one being one of them)

As for the "NO BRAWL AT ALL" rule I'd say its pretty unnecessarily closed minded, especially since at most (if not all) brawl tournaments there's usually a melee setup and I believe smash games shouldn't be so segregated from one another, but hey... your tournament your rules.

Also yeah, I'm from Toronto but I go to school in sask now.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Ohhh ok, makes sense, and Yeah, I think her with the baseball bat XD so awesome.

I think it ended well, with the ghost things and all.

And hey, I like brawl (it's fun with friends) but I'll stick to playing it outside of Cast, Cast has wayy too many melee dedicates to miss out on playing melee with them.

edit: oh hey Victor, it says low tier pot devision twice.

Speaking of which why is falcon only 5 and low tier only 2? I think it should be the other way around. (I noted the pot devision on falcon only, I still think it should be swapped)

KageIsGoingDown

Smash Apprentice
Cast 4 merch would be great and victor wants to scrap it.
E-mail me your pictures and ill find time to photoshop them on the weekend or during the next week.
If we cant set up shirts maybe we can get ball caps of some sort.
Victor set me up a CAST4 merch thread now!

Blasphemy

Ok, i'll send you the pictures. Thanks for photoshopp'in em for me. You're a god-send.

Top Bottom