• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
My new rob style is pretty aggro. Relatively at least lol.

3 words: wavebounce up b. Y'all aren't ready for it.

Unless you play someone dumb like toon link or falco. Projectiles everywhere x.x can't even leave the ground safely

:phone:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
My new rob style is pretty aggro. Relatively at least lol.

3 words: wavebounce up b. Y'all aren't ready for it.

Unless you play someone dumb like toon link or falco. Projectiles everywhere x.x can't even leave the ground safely

:phone:
So...you are becoming 8bitman? Gotcha.

archer.

Smash Lord
I wouldn't exactly call it aggressive, but Peach has some of the best pressuring ability there is. She can be really technical to play (by Brawl standards at least) but since you're used to Melee I don't think you'd have a hard time learning. Just watching a good Peach move around in Brawl is like watching a Melee character move around sometimes.

big sleep

չչչ
idk why you don't wanna go "down that route"

but then again

i main the **** out of MK in this game

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Any word on a possible tournament on the 18th?

Stockfield said that maybe I should ask Stingers about it since Raleigh is the best location according to him (and co-melee :) )

But tbh, the hookah bar sounds like the most legit tournament venue ever.

So many ninjas.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
hookah bar will be hard since abby doesnt live in boone anymore.
maybe seth can get it...but he'll have to deal with the crackhead owner XD

and yooooo I dont get back to raleigh til like 14th or so so I doubt I can host that soon.

archer.

Smash Lord
The next ReSe is gonna be on August 25th, that's all that's planned for the next month I think.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'll look into hosting on the 18th. I go into state every wednesday, and I'm moving into my dorm on the 9th, so I'll hopefully be able to reserve the venue. I should have only just started my classes, so hopefully there won't be much work at that point.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Go soon if you're going at all, generally I've found if you don't schedule a month ahead for Bragaw you have a hard time getting the room.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Alright, I'll try to remember to go to Bragaw this Wednesday. It's pretty close to my parents' lab, anyway.

Actually, I just remembered I'm also going to state tomorrow, so if I have time, I'll go to Bragaw.

Hopefully it'll be a bit easier to reserve with it currently being summer.

On a completely different note, I was at a gamestop the other day, and they had a buy 2 get 2 free deal on gamecube games. So I bought a copy of Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2, since my sister's a fan of the show. It turns out that, unlike the show, the game is pretty good. We should have a side tournament in it.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
The good news is I'll be in Raleigh next summer anyway, so I wont have to take a break from hosting. Or maybe I will anyway, I kind of enjoyed the tourney break. It's given me a lot of time to practice lol

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I've been wondering about that myself. I haven't played enough to know if it's broken enough to be banned.

Then again, I play Shikamaru and Ino, so I'm going to be biased.

archer.

Smash Lord
LOL that game is so easy to play. Fun as hell too. You should do it, 1 set-up should be fine.

I play Shikamaru, Neji, Sasuke/Sharingan Sasuke, and the occaisional Meta Knight Rock Lee.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I was thinking hidden lotus might need to be banned. It seems like as soon as you hit with it, it's a guaranteed KO (It does an insane amount of damage, and you can keep doing them). It's like wobbling in Melee combined with rest. I'm not sure what the Brawl equivalent of it would be.

archer.

Smash Lord
Brawl equivalent would probably be something like getting grabbed by Ice Climbers, except there's no fear of messing up once you get that first hit in. IC's could also drop the grab, or trip, or there could only be 1 IC left so they couldn't even do the CG. IMO Rock Lee's 2nd "transformation" or whatever it's called when his skin turns reddish should be banned. Not as sure on Shikamaru's since you can substitute out of it eventually but it's still kind of lame.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'll have to mess around more with his second transformation to decide what to do about it.

For Shikamaru's, there's the whole substituting out of it, as well as it not being easy to set up (although it's not exactly hard either), and the player does have to keep it going the whole time. It might have to be banned, or just limited to a certain number of hits.

big sleep

չչչ
The good news is I'll be in Raleigh next summer anyway, so I wont have to take a break from hosting. Or maybe I will anyway, I kind of enjoyed the tourney break. It's given me a lot of time to practice lol
>______>

to practice.... smash?

tourneys are some of the best practice

archer.

Smash Lord
It's not so much Rock Lee's 2nd transformation in and of itself that is too strong of a tactic... it's the fact that in it, he gets access to a super that takes something like 3/4 of his opponents health, can be initiated off a simple hit confirm, or can teleport all the way across the ring to punish the simplest of mistakes. Oh, also his chakra is constantly regenerating to full at a stupidly fast rate. The only trade off is that he slowly loses health until he eventually hits 1 hp (where it will stay).

It's like Dark Phoenix on steroids with the ability to go into that mode practically whenever you want.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
If Rock Lee were in Melee, his special would cause him to teleport in front of the opponent and hit them with a Warlock Punch. And that would all happen in 1 frame. And it would be his neutral B, so he could mash it and do 60 attacks per second.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
hookah bar will be hard since abby doesnt live in boone anymore.
maybe seth can get it...but he'll have to deal with the crackhead owner XD

and yooooo I dont get back to raleigh til like 14th or so so I doubt I can host that soon.
lol any place is good, somewhere that will allow for the most people to come is what I would like probably.

And the whole concept of having a tournament at a hookah bar is amusing to me, I smoke hookah (I actually own a pretty nice one) but I'm not big on it, I don't smoke ciggs so I get destroyed pretty fast by it. But maybe I can get some crack and barter with the owner and get it anyway.

I'll look into hosting on the 18th. I go into state every wednesday, and I'm moving into my dorm on the 9th, so I'll hopefully be able to reserve the venue. I should have only just started my classes, so hopefully there won't be much work at that point.
Good ****.

I have a lot of family stuff going on that I have to plan around (brother is getting engaged, cousin just had surgery to remove cancer so idk about his general health, etc...) but I've already told everyone that I am planning on doing this on the 18th, but if it can't happen and there's a smashfest or something some night I'd love to come but early notice, like weeks
LOOOOOOOOL
would be nice.

tbh I'd be fine hanging with Alex Delarge at darksydes again but idk if he plays anymore, and realistically I'm decent wolf practice if any of you need it.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Brawl players are actually some of the people that want things banned the least. Other fighting games look at **** we have in our game and say "Why isn't that banned?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom