• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
ideas for the last duke of the (school) year????

i need a date
possible side tournies (low tiers, project m, brawl minus, "fun rulesets")
entry fee (wonder if you guys want this to be a "big" one; so should it be $5, $7, $10 singles and $15 or $20 doubles)
note: "big" does not mean regional or large monthly; just assuming we get between 25-30 entrants and if people want this to have a higher payout being that it will be the last duke of the (school) year

pitch me some ideas. I need to run this some time in the month of April. I'm thinking this upcoming weekend. Or the following one. Maybe the one after. Just don't want to host on the 30th.
7 Dollars on the twenty-third, IMO. Run Melee side-tournament for increased community interest. It will make the turn-out bigger.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yeah im gonna start work on the new PRs today.
the new panel will be, me kadaj and shady
anyone have any objections? :cool:

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Excuse me Stingers, but if I don't make worse than unhonorable mentions, I will be very mad.

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
yeah im gonna start work on the new PRs today.
the new panel will be, me kadaj and shady
anyone have any objections? :cool:
I would have to say put nima in place of danny. Danny doesn't play enough as of right now and Nima is so much morre commited at improving in this game. He has also contributed to NC tournies for a very long time and finally has a facebook for easy communication.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
yea wtf lol. why would you put danny over nima?

danny being on brawl panel would be like me being on melee pr panel.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
The Panel should be Craig Kadaj and Myself

I actually do pay attention to the results in NC because I will be in NC in like a yearish or so...so yea.

plus I can't play favorites because my "Favs" either don't make it on the list anyway or are number 1 and 2

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
in a year i'm moving to fremont, cali and i keep up with norcal melee really well, and i visit during every break/chance i get, and am personal/close friends with many people in that area... but it would be ****ing ridiculous if i asked to be on the panel for the norcal prs....

y'know?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
well

1. I said that as a joke but since you kinda made it less of a joke (sorry i didnt use lol's to signify the clearly impossible task of getting on panel without living in NC)\

even if this was the case...Look at NC's brawl scene...and look how drastic of a Move you are talking

I'm in MD which is only a 6 hour drive from where I live in MD to Charlotte so in essence me navigating to MOST of the tourneys in NC would be hella easy.

as far as NC's brawl scene goes...this is probably the easiest scene to manage...Sushi Stinger Kadaj will always be on top with there being a little shuffle under them but nothing I can't detect of just looking at the results thread and a Bracket image.

not like NC is head of the brawl scene otherwise I wouldnt have even through out that joke.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
you hear that boys? TK thinks you guys wont make it pass 4th place. that better encourage yall to beat the top 3.

i will continue to train in the hyperbolic time chamber until my time comes.

Marly

Smash Journeyman
you hear that boys? TK thinks you guys wont make it pass 4th place. that better encourage yall to beat the top 3.

i will continue to train in the hyperbolic time chamber until my time comes.
Don't forget that you can only use the chamber twice in your lifetime.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
inb4abunchofsaltyassbrawlersbecauseIbroughtthemthetruth

also Keith could probably break top 3 imo.

and Stock with that PocketKnight.

never saw H1N1 play

Duo could make top 3 also. I think.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I SAID THE POSSIBILITY

the possibility is based soley on the fact Sushi is inactive a lot...lol

and Duo was already good I just forgot him

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
yeah, i know. that's why it's a contradiction cuz in ur other post you said "always".... implying that there is not a possibility

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I well in a perfect world where those 3 attended tournies all the time (well that world would kinda suck for them) I feel like they would definitely dominate the top 3 spots of Every PR

*CT*

Smash Lord
There are so many "wild cards" in NC TK, anything can happen, people can get better at this game over time too or re-enter the scene and make upsets, your really underestimating a lot of people in NC, even though you've been here.

But yeah looking at brackets is too easy, looking at sets is also easy.

I think instead of just a "win/lose" in bracket against someone that we should begin recording 1-2, 2-0, 0-2 for tournament sets helps for PR data, what do you guys think? Its just more work for everyone else, but it'll give a more accurate result.

Marly

Smash Journeyman
There are so many "wild cards" in NC TK, anything can happen, people can get better at this game over time too or re-enter the scene and make upsets, your really underestimating a lot of people in NC, even though you've been here.

But yeah looking at brackets is too easy, looking at sets is also easy.

I think instead of just a "win/lose" in bracket against someone that we should begin recording 1-2, 2-0, 0-2 for tournament sets helps for PR data, what do you guys think? Its just more work for everyone else, but it'll give a more accurate result.
Nah, NC sucks. It's so bad that you could say beating a Lv9 CPU is all it takes to get on the PR.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
you can do that 2-0 2-1 1-2 0-2 thing inside of the TIO tourney orgnanizer if you have it set-up correctly

either way I'm not underestimating anything

I'm calling it like it is...not saying there will never be improvement from anyone in the state but it won't be anything Drastic....like Mizu (no offense) will not go from getting second to last in one tourney and then the next weekend **** Kadaj in grand finals.

Sure there's room for improvement...there will always be room for improvement. but for most of the people I've seen I don't see the Improvement putting them In top 3.

*CT*

Smash Lord
But yeah I figured it was in the TIO program, but we should start using it, if not already.

Don't know, you could be right, but I'd rather have the mindset that anyone can win and anything can happen. Your just having a negative vibe that's putting down NC's potential or morale.

Just to contradict your statements that are confusing though: "Never be improvement from anyone in the state.....but it won't be anything Drastic." So what your saying is that no matter what, everyone and everything will stay the same in NC, BUT people will get better just not good enough to be #2,#3. Meaning you contradict your own argument again right there. Of course people won't out right go from 2nd to last to GFs with #2/#3 on the PRs or an OoS. Unless you think of the variable that the person was having a bad week at one tournament and then watched matches, asked for critiques and then got better. It takes time to get better and for people to find their niche/ character and learn match-ups.

I'll use an overused saying, its not like Rome was built in a day.

I could say a lot of other things but I feel like I'm talking too much and really don't care too much about the Brawl Prs in NC liked I used to want to be on them, I just want to play the game and have fun, I don't even care if I win anymore. Its just a good excuse for me to go out and meet with bros that I don't get to hang out with often and to meet a few new people.

Stock does suck, his Snake is free, his pocket MK is better.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'm saying for a long *** time I see The top 3 (minus sushi because that ***** is inactive half the time...LOL) dominationg your PR and if someone was going to Improve it won't be someone shooting up and ****** **** after like a tourney or two...its going to be a SUPER Gradual process which imo would probably take atleast 4-5 months before that start showing strong showings.

*CT*

Smash Lord
So there's gonna basically simply put be a skill gap between #1/#2 and #3-#10 just fight for their progression, isn't that how it always is everywhere though? Why make a big deal out of it?

I'll make another statement later on when the new PRs come out.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
ehhh I don't that thats how it works every...but I will give you that point because a lot of places the PR is definitely stagnant

either way this wasn't even supposed to happen but CAM you got me...LOL made a joke claim of me gettin on the Panel into a serious claim...what a boss...lol

Dublio

Smash Ace
All of the people in the top three were here two years ago, and always were really good players. If you want to beat them, it's going to take a lot of time and experience. Sushi was always here, but barely went to tournaments. When Dr. Peepee was on top, Sushi was the only one that could beat him. Kadaj was in Maryland at this time and still ***** face, and Stingers had just entered his first tournament and did really well. Because he played so much wifi and thought about how he played the game, Stingers also improved a lot.

It's a huge shame that Sushi is usually inactive and Stingers has trouble finding rides, but at least it gives other people a chance to hit top 3. Of course, it looks like Kadaj makes it to everything, so you'll have to try for the other two spots. Someone who is capable of thinking about how they play and have the experience to back it up can win. Since Shady quit Brawl singles, I guess it's up to the other people to succeed. Who knows what the future shall hold? Keith, Duo, Stockfield, H1N1, who else shall claim the throne? I can only imagine what the next PRs would be. If only the good people in the state would stop going inactive (I miss LDPK =( ), then our PRs would be more consistent.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well the reasons for shady over nima is that we already have two west NC representatives (myself and kadaj) and most of the scene is in east NC so having 3 west NC would make little sense. well at the very least most of the scene was in east NC, idk how much it is anymore but the point remains that they need some sort of representation lol.

if there is anyone from east NC that thinks they should be on over danny, lemee know...but at the very least he still is active on the boards + shows up to some tourneys at least for doubles.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
well if he continues to go to tourneys, then i have no problem with shady on the panel.

i forgot he still goes for doubles lol

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
I think dublio would be a good rep

Also Nima lives in cary. So he represents that area. I don't consider Nima charlotte

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
^ yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeea

i kinda feel the same way

and dublio for panel does sounds legit to me.

danny might be bias and put me as 3rd for no reason, because he is a *** and is in love with my big black ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom