• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

in other words, i want to put into concise, concrete terms when to use rising fair, delayed fair, nair, jab, forward b, utilt, dtilt, dd grab, fsmash, and wd back to whatever. i think having an explicit understanding of this would help create perfect move choice for creating walls. because a lot of these options don't always work even when you know they're coming in.
-Forward B is always great when your getting chased by aerial approaches and you need a quick turn around.
-Dtilt is pretty much for beating out landings or as a poking tools in combination with aerials. It is his fastest ground option (IASA20, closest is jab at IASA 27)
-Delayed or rising Fair/Nair is probably his best spacing options since anything else can get wrecked for lasting too long on a whiff or hitting shield.
-Utilt is great for beating out obvious aerial approaches, but other than that it's just a platform tool or combo tool. Or forward B to Utilt for a kill attempt.
-Fsmash for a punisher or use wavedash to space it against an opponent who is trapped in some situation such as falling from using 2nd jump.
-Dash dance grab in general is good for trying to bait people into approaching or going for a tech chase. In most situations, going for another grab is never bad. It always puts you in some favorable position either by getting someone on platforms or offstage into an edgeguard situation.
-Wavedash back is really safe for marth, but you always lose out on pressure on someone. I'd say that wavedash back with some attack like jab, dtilt, fsmash is usually best for getting yourself some breathing room or setting up spacing for an attack.
-I find it hard to find places to use jab. There is usually always a better option it seems. Although, it seems extremely useful against jiggs as a mix-up when ftilt is really too slow if it whiffs and constantly retreating aerials is never good. And really any part of a none cc jab goes well into ftilt/dtilt/aerial follow-up against her.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Haha. I still answer good/interesting questions.

Most of the stuff that comes through here has been answered at least 5x before.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
2012 Cactus is gonna be goin in HARD.

****ing tired of this *****footing bull****.

100% aggressive 100% of the time. At least 50% of the time. With Jigglypuff.

*:troll:*

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Strong bad is such a ******.

To reword his post: Camp more.

**** that ****. Not warrior-style at all.
my strategy only works against Kage
other ganons don't just throw out moves.
<3 Kage

AGGRESSIVE ALL OF THE TIME, 50% OF THE TIME

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Lol. We will see soon. I'm still working out a few kinks. I do feel like I've improved significantly for the first time since Pound 3 though.

It is easy to outgrow and forget about AIM. I'm almost always logged into gmail/gchat at work. Skype at home.

.Chipmunk.

Smash Ace
Haha. smashers salty over money. Here's a tip. Don't pay for someone else unless you don't mind not getting the money back. That way, if you do get it you're happy and if not it's what you expected.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
wait, you beat me in a money match at tourneyplay?
you mean tourneyplay2? in washington. I recall 3 stocking you with marth, and 4 stocking you with sheik. You may have won one game in there I don't remember, but I def had the advantage overall for sure (and I do not remember losing any)

wait strongbad I went to that tourney cuz you and Fino said you'd pay for me. You are joking right?

.Chipmunk.

Smash Ace
wait, you beat me in a money match at tourneyplay?
you mean tourneyplay2? in washington. I recall 3 stocking you with marth, and 4 stocking you with sheik. You may have won one game in there I don't remember, but I def had the advantage overall for sure (and I do not remember losing any)

wait strongbad I went to that tourney cuz you and Fino said you'd pay for me. You are joking right?
when do you not 3 or 4 stock people dude? And don't worry about money man. You gotta get that Falco looking cute cause MK might be banned. (I looked it up by the way, poll is far from over so he may not get banned)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yes jason (& everyone else), I'm joking. i didnt expect to get any of it back.

Top Bottom