• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
you guys must of been dropped on your heads as a child (and unfortunetely for us, now must know each other very well)

olimar is a perfect fit for brawl, and everyone i know loves pikmin. his is a popular choice here and in japan, and the pikmin gives him a lot of variety.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Dewller, give a good reason or GTFO. And Zombie, if his game was good, he's popular and has a uniqe moveset, then how would he be a bad choice?

NDigighost

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I've finally finished reading the thread, these are possibly the best suggestions I've seen yet, if SSBB's olimar resebles the one suggested here, I'm gonna jump with joy.

Now, let's talk KO moves. he needs some, real bad. I haven't played pikmin, maybe give him a purple pikmin smash (purple pikmin comes, smashes enemy, disappears).

It would be nice if he could stay mobile while swarming maybe putting swarm on B+cstick. That would really reward skill (those able to handle the swarm and olimar will have an advantage) and prevent people from just jumping over the swarm and get the immobile olimar.

We need to figure out a way for olimar to decide how many pikmin to use in his recovery, other wise it's just inconsistent (20 pikmin would send you way too high). maybe a charge (slow fall speed while charging).

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Well, lets say he has smash attacks, both with and without Pikmin. Say Olimar has a redpikmin behind, only a red one. His smash attack would use that red pikmin. The red pimin could only be used to many times though, and once it is gone, Olimar now has weaker smash attacks until he gets another pikmin in his hand. I dunno, its just an idea.

gigayoshi

Smash Journeyman
Well, lets say he has smash attacks, both with and without Pikmin. Say Olimar has a redpikmin behind, only a red one. His smash attack would use that red pikmin. The red pimin could only be used to many times though, and once it is gone, Olimar now has weaker smash attacks until he gets another pikmin in his hand. I dunno, its just an idea.
Nice idea. Having pikmin modify attacks would be intresting. :cool: Maybe Olimar would sort of be a quirk character. He would be kind of hard to use, but he would be hecka fun!

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
Captain Olimar is just waiting to be a Smash Character. Nintendo should give Captain Olimar a taste of the Brawl. Using the Pikmins as his choice of weapons would be fun to watch. If he is good, then he will be a permanent roster to the series. Just hearing it makes me want to play Smash Brawl, already.
HURRY UP NINTENDO AND FINISH THE DARN GAME! I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!

This will be the first time Captain Olimar to be taller than an inch. ha ha!

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
It would add to Olimar's arsenal of attacks. Because now not only can he throw Pikmin, he can use them to attack. This would make him a truely unique character. OOO I just got a better idea to add on.... Say Olimar pulls out a Red Flower Pikmin. This pikmin, because it has the flower could withstand more hits than one with a bud or leaf. A leaf could take 2 hits, bud take 3, and a flower could take 4. Of course different pikmin would have different effects when used as a smash attack or thrown.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
wow, you have really interesting ideas dude. maybe they wil be incorporated in smash. that would be cool to use pikmin as modifiers in your attacks.
Thanks :). If Nintendo was smart, they would be reading these forums daily (if not already) to get some feedback and idea on what the gamers want.

Anyways... I was thinking about a Pikmin stage, it would be simple. It would look just like the first level in Pikmin 1. Think of a larger Flatzone that looks alot cooler (no pits in Pikmin).

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
How about The Distant Spring? They could have lilypads, water for the "hole," and then crazy stuff like stick ladders and breakable stone walls? And occassionally bulborbs will walk from the background to the foreground to munch on fighters?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Just a question can he do anything else apart from throw pikmin? Like does he have a laser or something, I don't have Pikmin or Pikmin 2 so I would like to know.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
no just pikmin. anyways, pikmin is way cooler than a laser. they kick so much butt in their game, and they don't care if some of their guys die. they just go on fighting. olimar can have moves not based on pikmin, but basically, pikmin is olimar's bread and butter, as i have stated before.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Exactly why he should be in Brawl; has a nice sized fanbase, is NOT 3rd party, and would be totally unique. I like the whole Emperor Bulbax stage. maybe at some point he should just rise out of the sand, and do an attack, then go back under. If not that level, then definately the Distant Spring. Both are great ideas. How about both of them in Brawl? lol

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i just finished pikmin a few days ago... the only thing wrong with him is that in reality he is 20% the height of a gamecube controller. but everyone knows what resizing is.
he would be awsom. he could use B down to pluck pikmin. the land next to you and work like ice climbers in terms of following around. he could pick them up and throw them and they would return. he could use them for recovery moves (or he could use a jet pack and pikmin can only do 1 jump). then they would hit opponents next to them. except they get smashed really far. maybe he could pluck yellow pikmin holding bombs. o well all i know is that he would be incredibly fun and unique.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
About the whole thing with him picking out Yellow Pikmin with Bombrocks... I said that before, and no one really went along with it. I fully support it though, it would be like Peach pulling out a bob-omb.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
ye i got an idea for this

B down: Pluck pikmin - olimar plucks a random colour pikmin from the ground and throws it behind himself. they follow him like nana and can be picked up like items and thrown by ollimar and allies. if an opponent is near them they start hitting them.
they get smashed far and can be squashed by attacks like bowsers B down and meteor smashes on the ground. they all die when ollimar dies.
if they are red, they deal more damage and have more defense.
if they are yellow, they can be thrown farther and are plucked with bombs. if they are thrown on the ground they drop the bombs and return.
if they are blue, im not sure... they can float in water?

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
lol, I dunno what blue can aside from breather underwater... but alot of what your suggestiong has been mentioned before numerous times. White Pikmin would be poisonous and the purple would be hella powerful.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
lol kirby with a big nose and a space helmet... maybe B should pluck pikmin and B down should be a whistle... oo i know all the pikmin in the range of the whistle swarm on opponents in the range of the whistle...

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
lol maybe a certain amount of pikmon can jump onto characters. for kirby it would be 1 but for bowser it could be 4. then the pikmin would slow them down and deal damage.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i dont know about olimar...just seems like he's too kiddy oriented to be in a fighting game
o yeah and the majrity of the characters in ssbm arent. mario, peach, pichu, jigglypuff, just about everyone except FF and LoZ characters. he has been in fighting games if you think about it anyway. you use armys of small organisms to kill larger organisms and turn them into more. it sounds like dawn of the dead if you think about it. not very kiddy.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
about the whistle, it would be hard for kirby to use that. i do actually think pikmin should be pluck with b so kirby can have an attack.

and the bomb-rocks, just have them as an item. makes things less complicated.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
It depends though on the effects the whistle will have. if it plays a big part of controlling the pikmin, then Kirby will need the whistle to help control them. But if not so much, then Im all for B as the button to pluck the pikmin, and Down B for the whistle.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Olimar doesn't belong in Brawl!! He couldn't even defend himself in the pikmin game, he had pikmin fight for him! All he did was collect friggin ship parts
We already know in Melee that if a character can't fight in the game he/she is from, he/she will be kickass in smash;) ! OLIMAR FTW!

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Wow, someone is an idiot... the the hell should that affect his chances of being in Brawl... What a completely unthought out reason as to why a character shouldnt be in Brawl...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I could have sworn Olimar had a taser...

Well with Pikmin 3 finished for the wii he could draw moves from there too, and maybe he could be a tag team with Loui.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Regardless, it was a moronic statement, not because of his position on Olimar's placement in Brawl, but his reason...

Back on topic somewhat.... would there be any Pikmin items in the game aside from Bombrocks (I still think Bombrocks should only appear from a Plucked Yellow Pikmin as a rare pluck)? Maybe a Bulborb or something could spawn like the Goombas and Redeads in Melee.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
pellets could be implemented. it could give you a certain # of pikmin for a limited time. but i still think bomb-rocks should be an item as well, since it would be too much of a hassle to pull out a yellow with one.

gigayoshi

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the yellow with bombrock idea. But I would think it would be cool if a pellet were an item and when you broke it open it would realese a bunch of pikmin that would follow you. Then you could throw all of them at someone!

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
How about a glob of that nector stuff? It would power you up for a short time or for the rest of the match.

ps. Well the yellow with bombrocks is my idea lol, so of course i like it... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom