• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I feel the exact same way.
I was already planning on maining him and Mario. :p

I may be in the minority, but I'd prefer Cap to have his red outfit from GX over the Blood Falcon one where he has a gray helmet and gloves and boots... or does that belong in the costume discussion?

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I was already planning on maining him and Mario. :p

I may be in the minority, but I'd prefer Cap to have his red outfit from GX over the Blood Falcon one where he has a gray helmet and gloves and boots... or does that belong in the costume discussion?
Mario is also my other main! Finally someone who plays Mario!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
If custom specials was a topic but never really discussed much I just posted this & thought it'd be great to discuss atm:
:GCB: = Falcon Punch RETAINING ASPECT: Keep Falcon's momentum altering airborne using the move Wavebounced or Broversed.

Rapid / Explosive Falcon Punch: tap-able or chargeable you decide! Falcon with this custom option makes his falcon punch either quick punish or hard read punish with guiding DI properties to make his chasing & bruising potential even more dangerous with a mobile rapid hit or a charged FARUKON, PAAAUUNCHhhh. All it is, is a difference of time holding the button to get a different reaction.

Boost Fire! Punch: pressing the B button you go into a charging animation start-up, when finished channeling Captain Falcon releases a Falcon Punch so strong his forward momentum slides a set distance resembling a dash attack. Can be pivoted, Broversed, or Wavebounced if desired for different movement airborne or grounded.

:GCU::GCB: = Falcon Dive

Falcon Flight: Falcon's wings on his flight-suit's back ignite a fiery activation, momentarily giving Falcon a better distance upward dash attack that can be guided & is a active hit-box all the way through. Falcon's ending lag is him doing the somersault flip with fall special frames.

Falcon Lunge: Falcon retains his command grab mechanic, but instead of combustion releasing from the foe flipping backwards, you can guide the control either somersaulting forward like his original Falcon Dive, or you can combust & lunge off their head leaping higher vertical reach. So either choose horizontal or vertical option.

:GCL::GCB: or :GCR::GCB: = Raptor Boost NEW change for SSB4: Falcon using Raptor boost & falling off the stage is granted a ledge-snap grab if you DI toward the ledge.

Burning Raptor Boost: Same start-up & animation as the regular Raptor Boost, Grounded, Falcon steps back however much it may, charging forward with fire left in his trail for hit-box coverage behind him ideal for versing spot-dodgers, shield holders, & dodge rollers who go behind Falcon's Burning Raptor boost, but doesn't rise a fist upward instead is a multi-hit fire fist that is smaller knock-back Used airborne Falcon still charges forward leaving fire behind him slowly falling that drags foes under it down for Abyss KOs, &

Raptor Boost Fire!: Large amount of Fire erupts from Falcon's dashing, following the trail of Falcon's arm as his hurt-box is still an active hit-box but erupts stronger than a regular Raptor Boost being a strong KO move if desired, despite it's longer start-up similar to Falcon Punch, but is an early Star KO move nonetheless. Off-stage or in the air this move has less start-up than it's grounded move usage, delivering a powerful Meteor Smash move that scales higher the more % they have.

:GCD::GCB: = Falcon Kick RETAINING ASPECT: Falcon spacing his Falcon Kick at the right moment near his ending lag will auto-cancel near the ledge & RETURNING MECHANIC: Please give Falcon his refresh jump from Melee when using it off-stage for canceling momentum

Boost Fire! Kick: Shorter ranged kick hit-box slide, but trades off range with a larger stronger hit-box & knock-back. Instead of the original Falcon Kick slowing down or reducing momentum/speed when colliding with anything or anyone, Boost Fire! Kick doesn't reduce speed from colliding or hitting anything.

Extenze Falcon Kick: Falcon's kick reaches so far he covers practically 1/2 more distance than his regular Falcon kick. But is easily more stopped or reduces speed much more for each colliding object / foe he hits in his path. Safe approach if landing for a quick set-up combo to reach far distances but sacrifices the KO or meaty knock-back to make it fully safe on shield.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
RETURNING MECHANIC: Please give Falcon his refresh jump from Melee when using it off-stage for canceling momentum.
I had no idea Falcon had a refresh jump out of a Falcon Kick.
That's insane...
Huh, you learn something new everyday.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

wow

and people got antsy about Zero Suit Samus

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"Falcon Punch" has never been more appropriate outside of the actual move.

Also, the full image:

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
rofl at all of the bulge images, I always questioned my antiheterosexuality when it came to :4falcon:. Then again like many others have said & in past thread pages. . .You can't say no to :4falcon:.

"Omg :4falcon:, ofc I'll be homo for you do you even have to ask?!?!"
"Shut up & take me. . .and my money"

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
So like I just thought about how ****ing awesome it would be if Falcon had a Judge Dredd-inspired moveset instead of a Super Sentai one because the former makes waaaaaaay more sense for the F-Zero universe and the character.

I mean...

Yes I am also bitter that the character is known for Smash than F-Zero

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
So like I just thought about how ****ing awesome it would be if Falcon had a Judge Dredd-inspired moveset instead of a Super Sentai one because the former makes waaaaaaay more sense for the F-Zero universe and the character.

I mean...

Yes I am also bitter that the character is known for Smash than F-Zero
I can agree that F-Zero needs more games and more attention, but it should be noted that Captain Falcon's design was based of golden age American comics. That comparison isn't as much of a coincidence as it might seem at first

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I can agree that F-Zero needs more games and more attention, but it should be noted that Captain Falcon's design was based of golden age American comics. That comparison isn't as much of a coincidence as it might seem at first
And that's why his Smash Bros portrayal baffles me lol

I'm pretty sure Judge Dredd was some sort of inspiration for his design.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Smash Falcon > that Falcon though.

And I can't believe that you rather him not having an appearance in Smash. Geez, talk about ungratefulness.
I rather Falcon to be remembered as a good memory(Gamecube/GBA Saga) than continue as some campy joke that falls down the stairs that is the Tier List.

But, tell me. What, exactly, is wrong with the Captain Falcon in the origin comic?

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
I want Smash4 Falcon's gameplay footage and sound effects so I can do more of these:

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Scrolled back through this thread, and just wanted to clear something up that always pops up (and always bothers me). Captain Falcon's name is not now and has never been Douglas Jay Falcon. His only known name is Captain Falcon. Douglas Jay was a name that, as best as I can tell, someone just MADE UP and has stuck ever since. It is in no official Nintendo media. That is, it has never been in any F-Zero or Smash Bros. game or manual so much as a single time, nor has it been in Nintendo Power or any other Nintendo-sanctioned media. I just had to get that out.

Carry on. :)

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Scrolled back through this thread, and just wanted to clear something up that always pops up (and always bothers me). Captain Falcon's name is not now and has never been Douglas Jay Falcon. His only known name is Captain Falcon. Douglas Jay was a name that, as best as I can tell, someone just MADE UP and has stuck ever since. It is in no official Nintendo media. That is, it has never been in any F-Zero or Smash Bros. game or manual so much as a single time, nor has it been in Nintendo Power or any other Nintendo-sanctioned media. I just had to get that out.

Carry on. :)
Wiki's I visited back when playing F-Zero in 2000's I saw different names up as well. "Captain Douglas Falcon" "Captain Jay Douglas Falcon" "Captain Falcon". .

I'm just going to refer to him as Kyaputen Farukon as I have been for the past week ever since finishing F-Zero Falcon Densetsu's 51 episodes. It sounds so much more smooth & serious with the Farukon.:shades:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Late to the party, but lemme test out this gfycat footage as a celebration.

There we go. Best of luck to your knees, gents. Make some meta.

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Seeing how Marth may be a starter this time around, think Falcon will go back to being a starter as well like in Melee?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ SmashBroski SmashBroski
Perhaps, there's no such thing as a set pattern so it may go to that.

Personal preference I'd love that old feeling, racing through classic getting Speed Demon to unlock Falcon. Not like it used to be but like his racing games, I wanna zoom & speed through something to unlock him.

On Marth as that starter topic I sure hope he's not a starter. He was a starter in the demo but I won't put that much confidence he'll be a starter when the game releases.

noterday

Smash Rookie
I really really love how the falcon punch looks in this game cause normaly in every smash game it's like this super cool badass falcon made of flame but now it just looks like a tiny baby birb to me.

Just look at this thing.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
I really really love how the falcon punch looks in this game cause normaly in every smash game it's like this super cool badass falcon made of flame but now it just looks like a tiny baby birb to me.

Just look at this thing.
agreed thee only moves i used of his all the time was falcon punch and falcon kick

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice

Just look at this thing.
Heresy. It looks as majestic as ever.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral

Just look at this thing.
I mean that's just what a falcon looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom