• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The meaning of truth has risen!

Captain Falcon revealed today = mind blown

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Yeah this is easily his best iteration in Smash. He always looked off before, but here he's just right.
I disagree. Honestly, I hate how overly detailed he is. He looks less badass and more like a fool. Don't like the helmet's design, either.

I still consider this to be the best design of him.

I also loathe Sakurai's portrayal of the character. Douglas was supposed to be a western comic book-styled anti-hero, not some Tokusatsu reject. Someone that cares more about money and challenge that justice.

And the sad this is this is all he's going to be remembered as. Year after year, he's thought of more as a Smash character than an F-ZERO character, and I despise it!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Weak. Sing the godly Credits song, not less godly Theme of Captain Falcon.

Why is it so many stars shine far away?
While there's only one that needs turning today

On Earth it's the very same tale:
We drank from one well
A common life spring

Captain Falcon will always prevail
Sending forces of darkeness away

When [my open] confusion threatens your lunch
Falcon will be unleashing a Falcon Punch
This can be done just as much as his GX Theme, Spinosaurus I'm down to make a cover of this manly masterpiece.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I disagree. Honestly, I hate how overly detailed he is. He looks less badass and more like a fool. Don't like the helmet's design, either.

I also loathe Sakurai's portrayal of the character. Douglas was supposed to be a western comic book-styled anti-hero, not some Tokusatsu reject. Someone that cares more about money and challenge that justice.

And the sad this is this is all he's going to be remembered as. Year after year, he's thought of more as a Smash character than an F-ZERO character, and I despise it!
As a huge F-Zero fan, I actually love Sakurai's depiction of him. Falcon was too taciturn in GX for my liking. The only line I remember liking from him in GX is at the end when he taunts
god
for thinking they would be able to beat him and just shrug it off "No way!". Sounds like something Sakurai would have Smash!Falcon do.

I understand what you are coming from, but at the very least he is remembered and I really consider his Smash iteration iconic.

Agree about his GX design being the best though.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939

Hmm...I'd probably have to agree to the extent that his portrayal is a little off, but not that I necessarily dislike that. Still, I'd be interested in hearing what you'd personally change about his Smash incarnation in order to make him more in-line with F-Zero canon.

Hoser

Smash Ace
. Douglas was supposed to be a western comic book-styled anti-hero, not some Tokusatsu reject. Someone that cares more about money and challenge that justice.
Ever since I learned of his existence, I've imagined the post-Melee Falcons to be Rick Wheeler. Not that I know what his personality is like either.

But Falcon did care about Justice to an extent. Otherwise why would he suicide punch Black Shadow to death?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
This is out of place for a Captain Falcon SSB4 Thread, but this is one of the few videos that made me fall in love with Brawl Falcon that helps me get fired up for SSB4 Falcon, besides the Brawl Community Combo Videos:

Try this out & hopefully your moves are shown.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
This is out of place for a Captain Falcon SSB4 Thread, but this is one of the few videos that made me fall in love with Brawl Falcon that helps me get fired up for SSB4 Falcon, besides the Brawl Community Combo Videos:

Try this out & hopefully your moves are shown.
I'm glad you posted this, my hype is super real now

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Falcon was the best part of the trailer. That was so unexcepted. lol
Can't wait to play as him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand

You echo my exact feelings actually. I'm just speaking in regards to his Smash iterations.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
does he have metal feet or something there is a strap on the gold part of the boot making it look like a sandal of likes

Last edited:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Hmm...I'd probably have to agree to the extent that his portrayal is a little off, but not that I necessarily dislike that. Still, I'd be interested in hearing what you'd personally change about his Smash incarnation in order to make him more in-line with F-Zero canon.
Well, for one thing, I put that scarf tail back in his shirt.

But more importantly, I'd make him a bit more darker. I kinda see him as an arrogant jerk with a heart of gold who belittles anyone that can't match up to his speed(something similar to Sonic).

"There's only two kinds of people in the world. Me and the losers!"

He also be a bit more stoic and serious.

I would also make his blaster an alternative move.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Well, for one thing, I put that scarf tail back in his shirt.

But more importantly, I'd make him a bit more darker. I kinda see him as an arrogant jerk with a heart of gold who belittles anyone that can't match up to his speed(something similar to Sonic).

"There's only two kinds of people in the world. Me and the losers!"

He also be a bit more stoic and serious.

I would also make his blaster an alternative move.
I wouldn't say "darker" just less flashy and more quiet... but that's a bit impossible what with the falcon punch and kick and stuff.

Though, Captain Falcon does feel a bit like Batman to me in F-Zero GX.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't say "darker" just less flashy and more quiet... but that's a bit impossible what with the falcon punch and kick and stuff.

Though, Captain Falcon does feel a bit like Batman to me in F-Zero GX.
Falcon looks like a mix between Harvey Birdman, Space Ghost, and Batman for some reason.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I liked that Goroh was spot on, no doubt about that I still like that about Goroh to this day in the games. However watching the Falcon Densetsu anime atm, he's a well-reserved Samurai which I prefer that. All of my views of how the characters in the Densetsu anime are portrayed are well-done to me & wouldn't want them changed. Still funny to read the comic though

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Watch a mute gif of Captain Falcon doing Falcon Punch. It's impossible to not hear the "FALCON PAWNCH!" in your head.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Smash Falcon > that Falcon though.

And I can't believe that you rather him not having an appearance in Smash. Geez, talk about ungratefulness.
I prefer the quiet version of him from F-Zero more, but with him yelling "FALCON PUNCH!" and all it kind of makes it impossible. Regardless though, any version of him in the game makes me happy.

Though... I like that costume from the comic... if it was an alternate I would like that.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Hey guys. First post of mine on smashboards (hopefully I'm doing it right), and I'm gunna share a dumb little sketch I made earlier today. <3

Wow, bigger then I thought :p

Anyway, CF hype woop!
Nice job! It always takes courage to share your stuff on the interwebs, or share your stuff in general. I like what you did with the coloring.

Manfartwish

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flutters2
3DS FC
4699-5385-8265
Nice job! It always takes courage to share your stuff on the interwebs, or share your stuff in general. I like what you did with the coloring.

Thanks! I'm super new to doing a lot of human shapes, but I found some books n' stuff to help me out that I have been working with for the past day or so and it's going very well. Hopefully I can improve and try out more of the smash roster. <3

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Thanks! I'm super new to doing a lot of human shapes, but I found some books n' stuff to help me out that I have been working with for the past day or so and it's going very well. Hopefully I can improve and try out more of the smash roster. <3
As a drawer let me tell you the best references to help you learn poses is the ones of real people (the best are typically the ones where they're completely naked, so don't look this up in a public area) that you can find on the internet, these lives stock will help you learn different body shapes and how actual people you know move. You can combine it with your style and once you get really good... you won't regret it.
Trying to draw all the character in smash would really help you expand your skill set. You have different shapes, sizes, colors etc. It's a good thing to try.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
I didn't understand y they made Cpt. Falcon appear so evil in the trailer? I thought he was a protagonist in the F-Zero franchise...Or am I wrong? D:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
It's not falcons fault that people cannot stand up to his glorious power, Lucina just couldn't handle the captain
I love how they presented him, like she is facing against an ultimate bada** and there's nothing that she can do to stop him, just hope and pray. Her being beaten seemed completely legit and justified.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I love how they presented him, like she is facing against an ultimate bada** and there's nothing that she can do to stop him, just hope and pray. Her being beaten seemed completely legit and justified.
Frankly, they made me want to main captain with that trailer! Her facial expressions also really added to the bad*ssnes of it all!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom