• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon Waveland

KingFaden

Smash Rookie
So, I recently discovered this Falcon Technique. It's a Waveland. I really don't know if this technique will help Falcon or not.

To perform it, simply get under a platform, jump and and do a Down-Air. You have to do the Down-Air when Falcon is completely over the platform, but when his feet hit the platform. He should be able to do the Waveland.

Stages I've been able to do it on: (For now)
- Smashville
- Battlefield

If you can figure out any other stages where Falcon can do this, send me a PM or Comment right here in this Thread.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBeaLyg7nFM

P.S. I don't know if I'm the first one to discover this. I'm just putting it out there.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Well maybe you could tell us how to perform this waveland.

Because there is already some stuff discovered like the mock waveland (aerial side B on any slanted ground) that can be done on Yoshi's island or Lylat, but not on BF or SV.

KingFaden

Smash Rookie
Well maybe you could tell us how to perform this waveland.

Because there is already some stuff discovered like the mock waveland (aerial side B on any slanted ground) that can be done on Yoshi's island or Lylat, but not on BF or SV.
I will show a video later today or tomorrow. Because I don't have my Dazzle or Wii where I am right now (Dad's house). But I'll be back home either tonight or tomorrow so I'll record it then.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I haven't tested it, but as I can see it, he's timing the D-air so that the extension (feet going downwards) makes him land on the platform early.

If that's what it is, it's not something I've seen before (but hey, I haven't really checked Falcon boards in a while), but I can see this giving mean landing lag.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Yeah, but that one only works on moving platforms.

This one, you can hypothetically land on a still platform and give yourself D-air's landing lag instead of having to rise FH height and fastfall-landing laglessly.

:093:

Player-3

Smash Hero
all legal stage platforms are moving except for BF and brinstar iirc

delfino they move... i think

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
They move only during the stage transformation. And castle Siege doesn't have any moving platform.

Tenki

Smash Hero
If it's a moving platform, then this:

if it's what tenki is saying then platform cancelling is infinite times better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK16zTBzIQQ
because this one, you just need like, an airdodge.

I was hoping the video would show it working on Battlefield because the other platform cancel already works on stages with moving platforms, but NOT on static platforms like the ones on BF.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
I looked at the vid

seems pretty useful if trying to ko your opponent when the opponent tries to land on the SV platform

but why not just jump on it? is this faster?

lol Willz's combo vid is in the TY description, thats legit :laugh:

Tenki

Smash Hero
Actually, I compared the two videos just now (as I never really made use of the original platform cancel):

They're the same (in the video).

And the input in the original video (hold down, jump, downsmash near the platform) was wrong anyway, because I could pull it off on SV by just holding down and releasing as I'm about to pass the platform lol.

Now if you could show this working on BF, then it'll be something newer.

edit:
also, old threads, please don't reply to them, but

Some kid made a thread about this already, but he wasn't doing aerials, he was just holding down and jumping on the platform to laglessly enter into an Usmash or other attacks. Maybe you can do any aerial and cancel the lag? Situational, but not totally useless.
^ this one points out how it's possible to do it without doing any aerials
Wow. Talk about irony. This thread gets ignored while another thread posted at a week later showing basically the same tech gets all the attention. And then when this one gets bumped people say that it was "already posted." Wow.
This one contains the link to the other thread.

However, doing an aerial (in this case, D-air) will make the snap to the ledge much easier than just trying to time the release of Down.

Also, I still wanna see it working on BF, since you claim you've done this there.

edit2
From what I've seen (with Falcon, anyway), it's much easier to time the platform cancel with a regular FH than it is from a double jump ._.;

edit3
Alternative is to hit shield instead of D-air to latch onto the platform. You go into a shield.

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
actually this seems useful for mindgames. Opponent will think that you have landing lag and they will get upsmash or downsmash :D

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I looked at the vid

seems pretty useful if trying to ko your opponent when the opponent tries to land on the SV platform

but why not just jump on it? is this faster?

lol Willz's combo vid is in the TY description, thats legit :laugh:
lolwtf it is as well xD

Top Bottom