• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon is NOT the worst character in the game

Ayato

Smash Apprentice
I wish you were right, but it's not that simple. Sorry.

And mind, this is thread number....too many as far as the "He is the worst" and "He is not the worst" argument goes. Stop beating the dead horse and let the character get played the way he is being played. We don't need to be convinced one way or the other. We're here to read about Falcon, and whether or not we enjoy playing him or think he's a good character is entirely up to us. Though it's pretty hard to deny that Falcon is a -pretty- bad character. I know I'm nearly contradicting myself, but there's a speck of undeniable fact to that statement.

My main message is this: stop beating a dead horse.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
I say he is better.In Melee i did a few too many self-destructs because he was a bit hard to controll sometimes,now i rarely SD(and when i do its some ******** move on my part)
Ahahah. Really?

Falcon is better now because YOU suck at Melee and kill yourself when you play it?

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
How can you saw someone is the worst? There is no "worst" character, there are low tier characters. Any character can be played well.

neji32

Smash Lord
But theres some characters that can never reach a certain level of skill no matter how well the character is played due to lack or priority range strength recovery ect

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Umm yeah... becuase the difference between Brawl's top and bottom characters is soooo vast, right?

Brawl is the most balance SSB i've seen yet. Do you really think that the developers actually spent four years just sitting at the computers doing nothing. Sakurai focused on this entire balance issue the whole time!

Joker_L_23

Smash Rookie
Oh wow,i deleted my post so the replies would stop but it seems it didnt work.But yeah,to the guy that said that every character can be played good,thats true.Ill be posting the links to some vids of me and my friend playing,he uses everyone and is a very good player(The L 23 vs TJK12 posts in the video boards).I recently picked up Ganondorf(he is officialy my third)and i must say,he kicks ***.Both me and my friend KNOW that skill>tiers.And to the ones that have not heard it before,plently of people say that Falcon is the worst character(Im looking at you,GameFaqs).

But screw it,ive decided to just not give a **** and not argue about it on the internet(its useless to try and prove a point)so yeaaaaah....this topic is now about epic things that have happened to you in the game,GO!

Joker_L_23

Smash Rookie
Actually,make that epic things that have happened to you while using Captain Falcon,GO!

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Sakurai focused on this entire balance issue the whole time!
Sakurai focused on making a party game the whole time. He obviously didnt think of it as a serious competitive game with...tripping. The first time that has ever been enstated into a fighting game.

HulkingRage

Smash Apprentice
its not balanced, some characters are better then others, like rich said, sakurai just wanted it to be fun

but captain falcon is the best character in the game so dont complain :)

brg

Smash Ace
umm Yeah... Becuase The Difference Between Brawl's Top And Bottom Characters Is Soooo Vast, Right?

Brawl Is The Most Balance Ssb I've Seen Yet. Do You Really Think That The Developers Actually Spent Four Years Just Sitting At The Computers Doing Nothing. Sakurai Focused On This Entire Balance Issue The Whole Time!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Umm yeah... becuase the difference between Brawl's top and bottom characters is soooo vast, right?

Brawl is the most balance SSB i've seen yet. Do you really think that the developers actually spent four years just sitting at the computers doing nothing. Sakurai focused on this entire balance issue the whole time!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

10ha's.

Sh1n0b1

Smash Journeyman
umm Yeah... Becuase The Difference Between Brawl's Top And Bottom Characters Is Soooo Vast, Right?

Brawl Is The Most Balance Ssb I've Seen Yet. Do You Really Think That The Developers Actually Spent Four Years Just Sitting At The Computers Doing Nothing. Sakurai Focused On This Entire Balance Issue The Whole Time!
Romfflmfao

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0

lololololololololololololol

Lionman

Smash Champion
SSBB is balanced, u all noobs stop crying!!!!!!!!!

Falcon is a cool character playing with him is a challenge

Iwan

Smash Ace

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Most ridiculous post.
ever.

Edds

Smash Ace

no its not. sadly falcon got nerfed quite alot. his speed has gone, his airgame is just terrible apart from upair.

melee was more balanced when advance tactics were discovered like wavedash and L-cancelling. every char had a fighting chance with top tier chars. i would like to see falcon have a decent fight with metaknight or any other char around top tier

diddykongsnaners

Smash Apprentice
no its not. sadly falcon got nerfed quite alot. his speed has gone, his airgame is just terrible apart from upair.

melee was more balanced when advance tactics were discovered like wavedash and L-cancelling. every char had a fighting chance with top tier chars. i would like to see falcon have a decent fight with metaknight or any other char around top tier
not to mention he has no priority and no approaches, he is no second to last in the well known tier list

Iwan

Smash Ace
he is actually second to last on the tier list
That's not true...there isn't a "set" tier list yet. There's still debate and argument amongst the smash backroom (see: the dudes in charge).

Some think he's below Ganondorf, others think Sonic has an edge on him, and then some think He's above yoshi but under Jiggs, or above Ganondorf but under Sonic...or under Sonic and above ganondorf but under yoshi....

you get the point.
it's not yet decided.

diddykongsnaners

Smash Apprentice
That's not true...there isn't a "set" tier list yet. There's still debate and argument amongst the smash backroom (see: the dudes in charge).

Some think he's below Ganondorf, others think Sonic has an edge on him, and then some think He's above yoshi but under Jiggs, or above Ganondorf but under Sonic...or under Sonic and above ganondorf but under yoshi....

you get the point.
it's not yet decided.
i know its not official but some well known tier list he is second to last

Lionman

Smash Champion
Falcon works well if Chuck Norris use it

Seriusly, tier list is a crap, good players focus in his favorite character to make it unstoppable, maybe someday will appear a legendary falcon player and pwn everyone in an important tourney while this song is playing in our heads

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=h_SxVtf6Nk0

Captain Falcon is the coolest character in the game he is in the top of cool tier list

Iwan

Smash Ace
Falcon works well if he Chuck Norris use it

Seriusly, tier list is a crap, good players focus in his favorite character to make it unstoppable, maybe someday will appear a legendary falcon player and pwn everyone in an important tourney while this song is playing in our heads

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=h_SxVtf6Nk0

Captain Falcon is the coolest character in the game he is in the top of cool tier list
Oh....definitely the coolest character. Never said he wasn't.

And I don't care how bad he is...I still main him and will continue to until the next smash brothers game comes out.

Pink-eye

Smash Apprentice
he is one of the charecters that you have to be good with to use, not a noob attracter like meta knight---falcon kicks arse

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
If you know how to use the Falcon, he's good. He takes precise timing and you can never have a set strategy when starting a battle. Thing is, he's very agile compared to most Brawl characters, and although not the fastest, is much more mobile in the air than Sonic. There's hope for Falcon, but even then, it'll be hard to utilize his best abilities in a fight.

kidpunk

Smash Rookie
In retrospect, Captain Falcon is actually one of the best players Brawl has to offer. He has a nice A move, an okay recovery, an impressive B sideways move, and a great B down love (only when you're on land most of the time). The only things that need to be fixed with him re his B move (Falcon Punch takes too long to work effectivly), and his Final Smash. It works very affectively, if only you time it perfectly.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
In retrospect, Captain Falcon is actually one of the best players Brawl has to offer. He has nice A moves, an ok recovery, an impressive B sideways move, and a great B down love (only when you're on land most of the time). The only things that need to be fixed with him re his B move (Falcon Punch takes too long to work effectively), and his Final Smash. It works very effectively, if only you time it perfectly.
Final Smashes aren't used in tournaments, thats not important, how about some better priority on all his moves? Maybe some added power? He had both power and priority in Melee which was why he was a lot better then.

Also, Falcon Punch isn't too big a part of his game, its basically a 4chan meme now and they won't change that move, he's had it pretty much the same since SSB64

Top Bottom