• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cape glitch, useful or not?

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
It could be used to prevent your opponent from sweetspotting with their Up B though.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I dunno... Looks like it might confuse your opponent for a moment, but they'd figure out what was happening fast enough to hang on to the ledge anyway. Might work better against enemies who've already used their 3rd jump... Wait, does Mario's cape give enemies back their 3rd jump?

Anyway... it sorta seems like Mario could spend his time doing something more practical than this. Funny, but if you do this on Melee, it teleports the opponent to the other side of the stage or something... :chuckle:

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Cape does not give people their jumps back. Duh, that's why the cape is ****. Also, the reason I think this could be useful because it could prevent your opponent from sweetspotting.

vato_break

Smash Master
This happened to me the other day when i was teaming with body oder,we were faciceing C.f as he upb i caped him and he got stuck under the stage,he was a sitting duck to a stage spike but, when i tried to bair him he teleported to the ledge. So if this happens you can try to stage spike them but you'd probably have to do it quickly.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Anyone want to experiment and see if it can be done on other characters? This would be pretty cool if it could be done to characters other than just Marth and CF.

BTW, cool Vato do you have a replay?

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Yah, that's I was thinking. This is really cool cause that means Mario can gimp people even if they sweetspot the ledge.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
But opponents seem to have full control of their characters, so they can just do whatever they could normally do when hanging from a ledge and teleport back to the stage, right?

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Thats what it seems like. Also, can you grab the actual ledge while they are under there? Also what happens if you cape them when they are down there?

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Thats what it seems like. Also, can you grab the actual ledge while they are under there? Also what happens if you cape them when they are down there?
If you grab the ledge and the cape effect wears off, they go through the stage, but they are vunerable for a short period of time while they are trapped under it. I don't believe they get the inviciblity frames from grabbing the ledge either if you do it right. It's a free stage spike.

But opponents seem to have full control of their characters, so they can just do whatever they could normally do when hanging from a ledge and teleport back to the stage, right?
Sort of, they have control but not right after you do it. The cape's effect lingers a bit but they regain control imeadeatly after the cape's hitstun wears off. You'd have to already have been prepared for it to follow up quick enough. Again, I'm not totally sure how much control your opponent has so I'd like someone to test this.

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
i don't think this is useful at all i rather use a fire ball to attack them. its a cool glitch but that's it

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
idk... seems very situatuional. So much in fact that, both players failed to follow up the glitch with anything. Maybe, when people become more comfortable with it, but with it only working on 2 char, maybe 3, the usefullness is already severely limited.

Top Bottom