• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
He is a character that takes skill and patience to use--many people enjoy their powerhouses which is why I think Ryu gets a bit of hate because he is not "easy to use"
People should know that's the point about Ryu, he's meant to be challenging for those who don't play Street Fighter(or those who just suck at it but still love playing it).
Yes. It is. I know I'm literally the only guy in this world who don't like Ryu's inclusion, but still.

Like I said, I really expect nothing.

Quoting myself from BDee thread:
You disturb me, but your opinion. Can I ask why you don't like him though?

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I know I'm literally the only guy in this world who don't like Ryu's inclusion, but still.
You're not alone. Personally, I hate the fact that Ryu is in Smash. I don't think that any 3rd Party should have more than one rep, and I feel that Ryu's Street Fighter inputs are Smash Bros. cancer.

As for the topic of DLC, I really hope we get some soon. They missed out on August, and they've had more than enough time to make one or two characters since June. Sakurai pls

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
You're not alone. Personally, I hate the fact that Ryu is in Smash. I don't think that any 3rd Party should have more than one rep, and I feel that Ryu's Street Fighter inputs are Smash Bros. cancer.
I'm here too! He's fun and all but he shouldn't be in Smash. For a second Capcom rep (even though I don't think Capcom should have 2) I much would've preferred Amaterasu or Viewtiful Joe.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Now, guys, Sakurai wanted Ryu in Smash and we want Wolf so play nice until we get Wolf. Then you can bash his mighty decisions. Lol sorry, I had to--I think Ryu is similar to Little Mac in a few ways in terms of gameplay, it really takes alot to appreciate him. On his 3rd party stance, yeah, I think it's weird that Capcom got a second rep and not Namco or Sega. I also think it's weird that Capcom got a second rep and Konami didn't get a first (we all know where I'm going with this). I think Sakurai is the MAIN reason why he's in--out of curiosity, how much hate would Olimar get if he had been DLC?

jranks

Smash Cadet
I honestly think Wolf is gonna get in. Just look at Lucas and Roy, two returning veterans whose move sets really weren't changed. Plus with Star Fox Zero coming next year, it would only make sense for him to be in. I totally support him, and I hope he makes it in the game. We need more villains (or anti-heroes)

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I honestly think Wolf is gonna get in. Just look at Lucas and Roy, two returning veterans whose move sets really weren't changed. Plus with Star Fox Zero coming next year, it would only make sense for him to be in. I totally support him, and I hope he makes it in the game. We need more villains (or anti-heroes)
Welcome to the pack!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Now, guys, Sakurai wanted Ryu in Smash and we want Wolf so play nice until we get Wolf. Then you can bash his mighty decisions. Lol sorry, I had to--I think Ryu is similar to Little Mac in a few ways in terms of gameplay, it really takes alot to appreciate him. On his 3rd party stance, yeah, I think it's weird that Capcom got a second rep and not Namco or Sega. I also think it's weird that Capcom got a second rep and Konami didn't get a first (we all know where I'm going with this). I think Sakurai is the MAIN reason why he's in--out of curiosity, how much hate would Olimar get if he had been DLC?
Out of all the 3rd parties not in Smash(excluding dlc), Ryu is the most popular and has great history with Nintendo(that and Capcom originally wanted Ryu instead MegaMan).

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
image.jpg

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
This pic again?

What's that Wolf at the very left? is that the confirmed design for wolf in star fox zero?
I think that might be a Star Fox fangame or something that includes many characters, one with more "realistic" proportioned characters.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So what do you guys think about the 30th or 3rd? You think we'll get wolf or any other character? I personally have no clue what will happen. A part of me thinks Sakurai will give us someone to hold us over till the ballot characters are made, but this kinda feels like the last updste where we just got stages and mii costumes :c
I'm just gonna keep my hopes low, if we get more characters, great! If we don't, it'll be disappointing, but expected

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
What's that Wolf at the very left? is that the confirmed design for wolf in star fox zero?
Yesh,kan konfirm,my dad's uncle's dog's cat's baby sitter knows a guy who works at a car wash in Kansas who knows a guy who knows Bill who knows Reggie who knows the president of NOJ(Kimishima)who is planning on arranging a metting with Sakurai to discuss DLC

He told me dis crup:
Wolf(polished costumes and graphix)
Isaac(unique char.do not steel)
Super Mario Maker
Smash Winter Jacket(color depends on Mii)
Ninja Mask
New Alts:
Mario Maker::4mario:
Ken and Dark Ryu::4ryu:
HE(Lanky)::4diddy:

Shiny::4mewtwo::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4charizard:
Wolf himself will have a costume as well:Fox Wolf
We're currently adding a Protoman alt for:4megaman:though this will be added in an update for free upon downloading the update

Releases September 30th,2015

Also,:4sheik:nerfs
:4mewtwo::4samus:Buffs
:4falco:Top tier

Sidboylol

Smash Cadet
7 days to go and I'm ready. Instead of the Final Countdown music, I decided to use this music.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
It's nice to see that new supporters still continue to drop in.

Welcome aboard jranks and Swifty Slasher! The support is greatly appreciated.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'm here too! He's fun and all but he shouldn't be in Smash. For a second Capcom rep (even though I don't think Capcom should have 2) I much would've preferred Amaterasu or Viewtiful Joe.
Ryu makes a lot more sense, and deserves it more than Amaterasu and V Joe as a 2nd Capcom character for Smash. Even designing his move set for smash speaks for itself. I didn't expect him to be in Smash 4 or Sakurai considering another 3rd party character from Capcom but I like the result.

Now Sakurai please give me Yoshimitsu or Kuma/Panda for the next Namco character and NiGHTS for the next Sega character.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
My DLC wishlist:
1. Ice Climbers
2. Wolf
3. Uhhh.... idunnow... Isaac? King K. Rool? Whoever.

Original:
1. Mewtwo
2. Ice Climbers
3. Lucas
4. Wolf

Wolf was only at the bottom at the time mainly because I am absolutely terrible with him. You really don't want to know what my Wolf looks like. Doesn't mean I wanted him any less though. I just really care about my veterans returning. Any newcomers would be cool as long as they make sense, but give me my vets and I can die happy.
Not really understanding your point about the Ice Climbers--I think we can all agree that in terms of Veterans, Wolf is the most notable (:ivysaur::squirtle:) , has the least issues (:popo::snake:) and has the least hate (:pichumelee:). Basically, if Sakurai decides to squeeze in one more vet, 90% chance it's Wolf and a 10% chance it's Snake. It's the newcomers, I'm worried about, though. That would majorly suck if Wolf didn't even make the DLC cut

Edit: Because I'm bored, I wanted to clarify the differences between Icies and Rosaluma. Luma, while technically a character, is strongly tethered to Rosalina in terms of what he can do (you attack, he attacks). They can come together to hit harder or Luma can be shot to annoy the opponent elsewere or allow Rosa to ambush the opponent. In the Icies, the duo excel in hitting hard but at the cost of having Nana as a liability. You lose Nana, and the game just got a whole lot harder. It's almost like an extreme version of Ganondorf and Captain Falcon--one uses a character that can respawn easier and be used as another base of attack but hits smaller and the other is a duo who sacrifices convenience for power.
tl;dr
Luma is a projectile who can be launched and whose attacks are connecting to the A button
Nana is a CPU who mimics Popo when they're together--tries to get back do him and attacks on her own when they're seperate
As someone who mains both ICies and Rosalina, the differences to me are night and day, but I can see where some confusion may come from. Just as long as no character is considered a replacement of another, we're cool.
Ryu and disappointment? In the same sentence?
The biggest downer for me when looking at Ryu was how he was revealed to the public; by being leaked. The ultimate hype killer. My only gripe with his moveset is that he goes against what made Smash different from other fighting games by not having all these complex inputs for attacks. In that regard, he just seems odd. He's a fun character to play as in Smash nonetheless, but it'll still take me more time to get used to him being in.

Morbi

Scavenger
It is still somewhat unfortunate that they had to use Wolf as a weird cross promotion tool rather than just adding him on the disc. It had to happen to some character though.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
TheBeardedPunisher TheBeardedPunisher the gentleman who posted what I was responding to made it sound like RosaLuma and the Icies were clones with the only difference that Luman can respawn and Nana can't. It screamed "RosaLuma is a replacement" to me XD
Morbi Morbi I'm confused as to what you mean. Wolf was cut because of low-priority but I believe he was on the list to be included

Morbi

Scavenger
TheBeardedPunisher TheBeardedPunisher the gentleman who posted what I was responding to made it sound like RosaLuma and the Icies were clones with the only difference that Luman can respawn and Nana can't. It screamed "RosaLuma is a replacement" to me XD
Morbi Morbi I'm confused as to what you mean. Wolf was cut because of low-priority but I believe he was on the list to be included
Wolf's inclusion to coincide with Star Fox Zero is a cross promotion. Purposely putting a popular and expected character (Mewtwo) lower on the priority list to sell them as DLC. I understand why the practice exists; however, I am not extremely fond of it.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Wolf's inclusion to coincide with Star Fox Zero is a cross promotion. Purposely putting a popular and expected character (Mewtwo) lower on the priority list to sell them as DLC. I understand why the practice exists; however, I am not extremely fond of it.
I don't believe that's why he was cut from the game. If they really want to piss us off, they would have cut Fox, Falco, and Wolf in order to save them for "The Star Fox" DLC bundle--I do not believe for one second that in a game that has Mario, Mega-Man, Pac-Man, and Sonic the Hedgehog all in the base game, Sakurai would cut Wolf to purposely sell him for a cross promotion. If anything, Star Fox Zero is bringing him back rather than keeping him from the base game. I aint no Sakurai-purest, but I feel he's better than what you're accusing him of.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My DLC wishlist:
1. Ice Climbers
2. Wolf
3. Uhhh.... idunnow... Isaac? King K. Rool? Whoever.

Original:
1. Mewtwo
2. Ice Climbers
3. Lucas
4. Wolf

Wolf was only at the bottom at the time mainly because I am absolutely terrible with him. You really don't want to know what my Wolf looks like. Doesn't mean I wanted him any less though. I just really care about my veterans returning. Any newcomers would be cool as long as they make sense, but give me my vets and I can die happy.

As someone who mains both ICies and Rosalina, the differences to me are night and day, but I can see where some confusion may come from. Just as long as no character is considered a replacement of another, we're cool.

The biggest downer for me when looking at Ryu was how he was revealed to the public; by being leaked. The ultimate hype killer. My only gripe with his moveset is that he goes against what made Smash different from other fighting games by not having all these complex inputs for attacks. In that regard, he just seems odd. He's a fun character to play as in Smash nonetheless, but it'll still take me more time to get used to him being in.
Then he regained his hype once Sakurai showed off his street fighting style of his.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't believe that's why he was cut from the game. If they really want to piss us off, they would have cut Fox, Falco, and Wolf in order to save them for "The Star Fox" DLC bundle--I do not believe for one second that in a game that has Mario, Mega-Man, Pac-Man, and Sonic the Hedgehog all in the base game, Sakurai would cut Wolf to purposely sell him for a cross promotion. If anything, Star Fox Zero is bringing him back rather than keeping him from the base game. I aint no Sakurai-purest, but I feel he's better than what you're accusing him of.
I am not accusing him of anything other than reasonable business practices that I am not fond of. If Wolf was intended to be DLC, we are getting him much later to coincide with Star Fox Zero. That just sort of bothers me. I am not claiming that Sakurai is some sort of sadist or that he is trying to piss off anyone. Not sure where you are getting that.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I am not accusing him of anything other than reasonable business practices that I am not fond of. If Wolf was intended to be DLC, we are getting him much later to coincide with Star Fox Zero. That just sort of bothers me. I am not claiming that Sakurai is some sort of sadist or that he is trying to piss off anyone. Not sure where you are getting that.
I think I may have misinterpreted you--I misread what you said as saying "Wolf was cut from the base game for use later" when you're actually saying "Wolf is post-poned as DLC for later"

Morbi

Scavenger
I think I may have misinterpreted you--I misread what you said as saying "Wolf was cut from the base game for use later" when you're actually saying "Wolf is post-poned as DLC for later"
That is fine, it is not the most popular opinion as is. I probably should have just kept it to myself.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Ryu makes a lot more sense, and deserves it more than Amaterasu and V Joe as a 2nd Capcom character for Smash. Even designing his move set for smash speaks for itself. I didn't expect him to be in Smash 4 or Sakurai considering another 3rd party character from Capcom but I like the result.

Now Sakurai please give me Yoshimitsu or Kuma/Panda for the next Namco character and NiGHTS for the next Sega character.
I know Ryu makes the most sense and is the most deserving. I just think personally Amaterasu and Viewtiful Joe fit in a lot better with the Nintendo crowd.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I know Ryu makes the most sense and is the most deserving. I just think personally Amaterasu and Viewtiful Joe fit in a lot better with the Nintendo crowd.
I would definitely be hyped if one of them made it into Smash. I loved playing both of their games.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
So what do you guys think about the 30th or 3rd? You think we'll get wolf or any other character? I personally have no clue what will happen. A part of me thinks Sakurai will give us someone to hold us over till the ballot characters are made, but this kinda feels like the last update where we just got stages and mii costumes :c
Hard to say what will happen. I'm hoping for a new character, but I wouldn't be surprised if all we get is more mii costumes and stages.

Hope for the best (Wolf), expect the worse (stages, costumes and nothing else), and keeping expectations low is probably the best course of action.

Top Bottom