• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
He could barely sh fair in Brawl without lag. Kinda like how Ike is in Sm4sh or Pika with his dair. Due to the overall sh nerf characters got from Brawl to Sm4sh, it's not something I can see happening. Heck I'm fearing for bair as it is. Would be a pleasant surprise though and as I said before, Ike can now barely sh his fair without lag when he couldn't do so in Brawl so it's not entirely impossible.

As for the random pizza craze people are going through, I'm on team Pizza Hut.

And I'm not gonna howl but I will say "What? Is that all you've got?" :wolf:

Side note: that was the first time I went to the Brawl icons since the update and...they aren't in alphabetical order anymore.
Well, I'm not really clear about those sh aerial lag things... Just hoping for the best xp

And for the pizza thing, I'm on team whatever-pizza-is-ok-it's-delicious-anyways. Is that a thing?

And for the howl taunt, I tend to skip that and spam more on the down taunt (habit on every character I play), or maybe the side "Toaster Toaster" (Japanese) taunt.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Auto-Canceling Wolf's aerials would be amazing, and I'm definitely hoping for it. Still just hoping for the ability to act out of Wolf Flash with less lag.

As for the talk of pizza... I run on a strict fitness diet, haha. Can't remember the last time I had some.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Reminder sakurai stated when he unmasked the 4 current ones as pre-ballot the next character(s) are fan based
(But i am aware he likely kept it a secret it was actually 6 pre-planned from the 5 marios under mewtwo)

And in the east and the west according sourcegaming king k rool is the most wanted character for smash in japan dixie kong and k rool were tied at first but a little bit later (before roy was revealed.) dixie kong lost so much ground its rediculious

And as for the other one puyo puyo

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bbhood21/media/puyo_pop_objection.png.html
(I coulden't copy paste the img link.)

Who of them is it and how does this have more than 150 million copys sold (thats how many sonic copys are sold 150 million)

And how about shovel knight? That rumor was a bust.
The Shovel Knight rumor was not debunked yet, the ballot doesn't work like that, don't you think it's possible that K. Rool was considered but they somehow couldn't make him work, somehow, and Puyo Puyo sells like hotcakes in Japan.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
The Shovel Knight rumor was not debunked yet, the ballot doesn't work like that, don't you think it's possible that K. Rool was considered but they somehow couldn't make him work, somehow, and Puyo Puyo sells like hotcakes in Japan.
While I don't really want Shovel Knight, it would be convenient for Sakurai to include him BECAUSE he already has an amiibo and his popularity. As much as I hope it isn't true, it seems pretty convincing that he'd be included in Sm4sh DLC, deserving or not.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool not working is possible but quite unlikely, because if that was the case, they would've most likely said it when revealing the Mii costume.
I don't care how much Puyo Puyo sells in Japan, it isn't aviable in America and Europe and as I already explained, making a region exclusive characters DLC is, from a financial standpoint, basically suicide since you are not making any profit on the regions where the game in question didn't came out. It's the same problem that Shovel Knight has.

Last edited:

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
K. Rool not working is possible but quite unlikely, because if that was the case, they would've most likely said it when revealing the Mii costume.
I don't care how much Puyo Puyo sells in Japan, it isn't aviable in America and Europe and as I already explained, making a region exclusive characters DLC is, from a financial standpoint, basically suicide since you are not making any profit on the regions where the game in question didn't came out. It's the same problem that Shovel Knight has.
How would K.Rool not be possible, after Duck Hunt inclusion I belive anything is possible (xept ridley)

Agreed The same thing about Puyo-Puyo can be said about Shovel Knight he might be a hit in the west but he isen't know in japanase terrritory very addition unlikely If you ask me.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
How would K.Rool not be possible, after Duck Hunt inclusion I belive anything is possible (xept ridley)
I don't think that K. Rool has any particularly bad technical issue. At most, it might be a bit hard to animate, but nothing excessive. I was just stating that if he was indeed impossible to make playable with the resources aviable, Sakurai would've probably been honest and told us so, instead of dragging his fans until the end of the ballot in a futile hope.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't think that K. Rool has any particularly bad technical issue. At most, it might be a bit hard to animate, but nothing excessive. I was just stating that if he was indeed impossible to make playable with the resources aviable, Sakurai would've probably been honest and told us so, instead of dragging his fans until the end of the ballot in a futile hope.
Well fans are desperate for him, maybe he just couldn't bring himself to say it for the time being, like with Ridley.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Just got back from an etika video, talking about how there are only 8 days left for the ballot, and there are a surprising number of people thinking shovel knight is a shoe in somehow. Smash bros is a celebration of nintendos history, and the few third party characters that are in, are gaming icons. I don't see Sakurai choosing a barely year old indie character, that is almost completely unknown in japan, when he's got the likes of wolf, k rool, inkling ect. That's just me tho, i don't care who gets in as long as i got wolf, but if shovel knight gets in than anyone can, and that's not what smash bros is about.

Last edited:

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
Just got back from an etika video, talking about how there are only 8 days left for the ballot, and there are a surprising number of people thinking shovel knight is a shoe in somehow. Smash bros is a celebration of nintendos history, and the few third party characters that are in, are gaming icons. I don't see Sakurai choosing a barely year old indie character, that is almost completely unknown in japan, when he's got the likes of wolf, k rool, inkling ect. That's just me tho, i don't care who gets in as long as i got wolf, but if shovel knight gets in than anyone can, and that's not what smash bros is about.
Wouldn't be surprised. I mean if :4villagerf::4wiifit: Could make it, then anybody has a chance.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Wouldn't be surprised. I mean if :4villagerf::4wiifit: Could make it, then anybody has a chance.
Not necessarily. Villager comes from animal crossing which is a hugely popular and successful 1st party nintendo game. Wii fit ,as much i hate to admit it, is also from a highly successful nintendo game (if you can call it that) so their inclusions make sense. 3rd party characters have enough hurtles to go through, but SK has the disadvantage of being an indie character that has little to no history with nintendo. Maybe i'm just over thinking, but SK just doesn't strike me as a character Sakurai would pick. Popularity is a factor, but every character still has to go through standard smash procedure to get in.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, if we just get Wolf, I don't care who gets in after that. I am of course hoping to get all Brawl vets minus Squirtle and Ivysaur, as well as Isaac, King K. Rool, and Hunter.

But if Shovel Knight happens, I am fine with it as long as Wolf happens too. It makes little sense to include Shovel Knight, but again, as long as we gots Wolf, I don't mind.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
To be honest, if we just get Wolf, I don't care who gets in after that. I am of course hoping to get all Brawl vets minus Squirtle and Ivysaur, as well as Isaac, King K. Rool, and Hunter.

But if Shovel Knight happens, I am fine with it as long as Wolf happens too. It makes little sense to include Shovel Knight, but again, as long as we gots Wolf, I don't mind.
Lol same here.
My dlc wishlist is:
1.Wolf
2. Don't care, i got wolf

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

My DLC wishlist:
1. Wolf
2. Snake
3. I don't give a **** who else. I only want those two.

As long as Wolf (my #1 priority) and Snake makes it in, I don't give a **** who else gets in. Besides, I'm already happy that Rosalina is in Smash now.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Lol same here.
My dlc wishlist is:
1.Wolf
2. Don't care, i got wolf
That is literally the best outcome we could possibly have. Wolf is the real prize and anyone else that happens to follow him is at most a small bonus.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3i2gq9/smash_ballot_results_are_here_for_the_smash_bros
GODAMN not only did shantae had twice as many votes as the runner up, but the top 2 are indie characters. They ain't playing man. Nice to see most of my favorites in the top 10 (rayman, wolf and snake) sadly crash is at the bottom.
Hmm, that's kind of surprising to see an indie character requested so much. But it's good to see that Wolf is still highly wanted as well.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3i2gq9/smash_ballot_results_are_here_for_the_smash_bros
GODAMN not only did shantae had twice as many votes as the runner up, but the top 2 are indie characters. They ain't playing man. Nice to see most of my favorites in the top 10 (rayman, wolf and snake) sadly crash is at the bottom.
They mentioned somewhere in there that mii costumes were for characters he couldn't think of a moveset for. Anyone got a source for that?

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
The results of that poll are extremely inaccurate because he made an 'Other' category where you have to type in the characters name, and characters with Mii Costumes, Assist Trophies, Background Appearances, or Final Smash Appearances are included in the other. If they were not, the results would be much different. K. Rool and Inkling would be far higher, etc.

And no, there is no source to my knowledge where Sakurai said that characters with Mii Costumes did not have a move set.

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
You guys think Sakurai will pull another Ryu with DLC?

Also, for every 100 votes in the ballot, can you guys sneak one in Pichu? Just for laughs? Don't know why, but I suddenly want the little guy back--as a last-ditch Veteran, of course--not before Snake or Wolf.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
They mentioned somewhere in there that mii costumes were for characters he couldn't think of a moveset for. Anyone got a source for that?
I don't know how sakurai can't make up move sets. Fox and falcon movesets were made from scratch. He made up a move set for the duck hunt dog for godsake. Lemme rephrase that, the most infamous game over screen is a playable character. And he can't make up a moveset for k rool? Please...i would like to see that souce too.

Logo12

Smash Lord
I've shared this before, but yeah. It's not really news that the reddit community supports indies. Still nice to see Wolf up there despite the situation tho.

You guys think Sakurai will pull another Ryu with DLC?

Also, for every 100 votes in the ballot, can you guys sneak one in Pichu? Just for laughs? Don't know why, but I suddenly want the little guy back--as a last-ditch Veteran, of course--not before Snake or Wolf.
I won't bet and I hope not. Ryu was quite a disappointment for me already, I don't want another one.

And for Pichu thing, I don't really feel like to vote in ballot anymore, since we had to fill that "reason" board which normally is a chore for me to think of. But I still support all veterans.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
those results and rules are INCREDIBLY flawed.
Not to mention this is OLD and has been discussed already to death in the K. Rool thread, and that the person who made this flawed poll was an admitted avid Shantae supporter and even prevented K. Rool from being voted on in the poll and was eventually coaxed into making a new thread.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Let me just say that it's not a poll, it's a suggestion box with popularity factored in.
That's what I keep telling people. I'm looking forward to next month, this popularity contest needs to be swept away.

SwiftySlasher

Smash Rookie
NNID
PlatninumGamer
Out of all the DLC characters that people have been constantly asking for (Shovel Knight, Professor Layton...), I say that Wolf is the best choice for DLC right now. I did like Ice Climbers, but since it is almost exactly the same as Rosalina and Luma (Luma respawns, Nana does not), Wolf is absolutely the best choice so far. Let's get Wolf on Sm4sh!

SwiftySlasher

Smash Rookie
NNID
PlatninumGamer
Wishlist DLC:

1.- K.Rool
2.- Wolf

Any other character would be a cherry in top of a good cake. :bowser:
I've never been a type of person that really would support K. Rool totally, but if he came in, I'd accept it. I would rather have someone like Snake. (It seems highly unlikely at this time, though.)

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Out of all the DLC characters that people have been constantly asking for (Shovel Knight, Professor Layton...), I say that Wolf is the best choice for DLC right now. I did like Ice Climbers, but since it is almost exactly the same as Rosalina and Luma (Luma respawns, Nana does not), Wolf is absolutely the best choice so far. Let's get Wolf on Sm4sh!
Not really understanding your point about the Ice Climbers--I think we can all agree that in terms of Veterans, Wolf is the most notable (:ivysaur::squirtle:) , has the least issues (:popo::snake:) and has the least hate (:pichumelee:). Basically, if Sakurai decides to squeeze in one more vet, 90% chance it's Wolf and a 10% chance it's Snake. It's the newcomers, I'm worried about, though. That would majorly suck if Wolf didn't even make the DLC cut

Edit: Because I'm bored, I wanted to clarify the differences between Icies and Rosaluma. Luma, while technically a character, is strongly tethered to Rosalina in terms of what he can do (you attack, he attacks). They can come together to hit harder or Luma can be shot to annoy the opponent elsewere or allow Rosa to ambush the opponent. In the Icies, the duo excel in hitting hard but at the cost of having Nana as a liability. You lose Nana, and the game just got a whole lot harder. It's almost like an extreme version of Ganondorf and Captain Falcon--one uses a character that can respawn easier and be used as another base of attack but hits smaller and the other is a duo who sacrifices convenience for power.
tl;dr
Luma is a projectile who can be launched and whose attacks are connecting to the A button
Nana is a CPU who mimics Popo when they're together--tries to get back do him and attacks on her own when they're seperate

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I've shared this before, but yeah. It's not really news that the reddit community supports indies. Still nice to see Wolf up there despite the situation tho.

I won't bet and I hope not. Ryu was quite a disappointment for me already, I don't want another one.

And for Pichu thing, I don't really feel like to vote in ballot anymore, since we had to fill that "reason" board which normally is a chore for me to think of. But I still support all veterans.
Ryu and disappointment? In the same sentence?

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
He is a character that takes skill and patience to use--many people enjoy their powerhouses which is why I think Ryu gets a bit of hate because he is not "easy to use"

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
So what do you guys think about the 30th or 3rd? You think we'll get wolf or any other character? I personally have no clue what will happen. A part of me thinks Sakurai will give us someone to hold us over till the ballot characters are made, but this kinda feels like the last updste where we just got stages and mii costumes :c

Logo12

Smash Lord
Yes. It is. I know I'm literally the only guy in this world who don't like Ryu's inclusion, but still.
So what do you guys think about the 30th or 3rd? You think we'll get wolf or any other character? I personally have no clue what will happen. A part of me thinks Sakurai will give us someone to hold us over till the ballot characters are made, but this kinda feels like the last updste where we just got stages and mii costumes :c
Like I said, I really expect nothing.

Quoting myself from BDee thread:
It's funny, like how when you're to guess a number from 1 to 1000, in randomness or pseudorandomness, every possible choice just seems not likely in chance, but you know something *does* get chosen at the end. Sure, it's not that random, since by human pattern randomness logic, you're more likely to pick a number that has a 3, 5, 7 digit (with a certain status), a number that you can relate (well known for whatever reason), or a number that does sound random (not obscure) etc. And to add more this isn't even picking a number randomly, they do consider what or not to put, popularity being one of the factors. But somehow I still think no one has a realistic chance at this point and thinking anyone is likely is just plain hopeful.

Top Bottom