• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Are you serious? Never played a DKC game but I can think of one right on the spot.

Let's go.
Neutral: Kannonball: Shoots a ****ing kannonball from blunderbuss.
Side: Krown Toss: throws his crown and it comes back to him
Up: Kopter Pak: Pulls out the kopter thing from DKC3 and flies up with it
Down: Ground Pound: ****ing jumps up and slams his butt on your face.

Wolf has a harder moveset to come up with than King K. Rool.
Oh,sounds legit,never played or seen any thing of DKC other than a commercial of Donkey Kong Country returns
I still think Lanky(HE) should be in with K.Rool
Welcome to the Wolf Thread! Where we talk about........King K.Rool?
We're talking about Wolf right?
WE HAVE NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT,WE MILKED EVERYTHING WOLF RELATED

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Are you serious? Never played a DKC game but I can think of one right on the spot.

Let's go.

So Bowser Jr's neutral B, Toon Link's side B, DK's Up B and Bowser's down B. Nothing against K Rool but I think these ideas are a little boring

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So Bowser Jr's neutral B, Toon Link's side B, DK's Up B and Bowser's down B. Nothing against K Rool but I think these ideas are a little boring
I would replace the Down B with electricity pods. I said that later. I would also make the kannonball work like the spiked one from DKC2 where it does that spiral motion, don't know if that would work in Smash though.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I would replace the Down B with electricity pods. I said that later. I would also make the kannonball work like the spiked one from DKC2 where it does that spiral motion, don't know if that would work in Smash though.
An idea I had was giving him the different enemies as specials, neutral B could be the standard kremling which grabs the opponent, K Rool will then direct them on which way to throw them acting as a comand grab.
Down B could be the Klaptrap which walks along the stage like Bowser Jr's down B but grabs and repeatedly bites the opponent like Wario's neutral B which could set up for combos.
Up B could be the zinger which would repeatedly stab forwards while carrying K Rool up making it a great defensive move from the front but very risky from behind.
Not sure about side B though.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
An idea I had was giving him the different enemies as specials, neutral B could be the standard kremling which grabs the opponent, K Rool will then direct them on which way to throw them acting as a comand grab.
Down B could be the Klaptrap which walks along the stage like Bowser Jr's down B but grabs and repeatedly bites the opponent like Wario's neutral B which could set up for combos.
Up B could be the zinger which would repeatedly stab forwards while carrying K Rool up making it a great defensive move from the front but very risky from behind.
Not sure about down B though.
Then your playing the Kremling army, not King K. Rool. But anyway, we should get back to Wolf.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
But why do we strictly have to talk about Wolf? What is up with some threads and keeping it solely on their character? A bunch of threads do this and conversation gets boring extremely fast
Agreed. Nothing with a little variety in threads every once in a while. Doesn't really harm anybody, and we can always go back to talking about our character.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep

Let's go.

Yep, these are based on some movesets you actually know. Ground Pound and Cannonball are two moves shared by two separate characters already (Bowser, Yoshi; Bowser Jr, Mii Brawler). Kopter Pak can easily seen as a mix of Link's Up B and Donkey Kong's Up B, and Side B is just a generic boomerang style weapon. This has almost no difference from when the K Rool thread asked people to make kloned movesets and stuff.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Yep, these are based on some movesets you actually know. Ground Pound and Cannonball are two moves shared by two separate characters already (Bowser, Yoshi; Bowser Jr, Mii Brawler). Kopter Pak can easily seen as a mix of Link's Up B and Donkey Kong's Up B, and Side B is just a generic boomerang style weapon. This has almost no difference from when the K Rool thread asked people to make kloned movesets and stuff.
Again, my personal taste for a down B is electricity pods, something no one in the roster has, I just picked the ground pound because that's the one most people think of. Also if your talking about cloney specials, you do know we are in the Wolf thread right. He is a semi clone.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Again, my personal taste for a down B is electricity pods, something no one in the roster has, I just picked the ground pound because that's the one most people think of. Also if your talking about cloney specials, you do know we are in the Wolf thread right. He is a semi clone.
Except -- you're basically making a semi-clone version of your original moveset. I said with the same post that these moveset should be able to represent what it should, like how Megaman, Pacman, Wii fit trainer etc does.

Oh, we're back to the classic argument of Wolf being a semi-clone again? Oh pls.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Except -- you're basically making a semi-clone version of your original moveset. I said with the same post that these moveset should be able to represent what it should, like how Megaman, Pacman, Wii fit trainer etc does.

Oh, we're back to the classic argument of Wolf being a semi-clone again? Oh pls.
King K. Rool's moveset represents him. I've taken moves from all of his boss fights and put them into his moveset.

And Wolf is a semi-clone. He is. He shares similar moves to Fox. I am not saying he's a clone, he's a semi-clone.

Logo12

Smash Lord
King K. Rool's moveset represents him. I've taken moves from all of his boss fights and put them into his moveset.

And Wolf is a semi-clone. He is. He shares similar moves to Fox. I am not saying he's a clone, he's a semi-clone.
Yeah, you took the moves, yet some of us can clearly see some of the moves are cloned our just extremely generic.

Also don't even get me started with Wolf. We've got this pages ago and you're still insisting on this. You clearly aren't even a Wolf Supporter.

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101

Semi-Half-Quarter Clone,take it or leave it

B function differently
Side B is diagnal
Up B does not have TEH PH1R3
Down B is one of few moves extremely similar to Fox's,except pink cuz HE IS A REAL MAN
FS is red and thats it(easily changeable)
Aireals and Smashes are different in everyway
But hey,that your opinion

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Yeah, you took the moves, yet some of us can clearly see some of the moves are cloned our just extremely generic.
Why did you add the extra line in my post?

The moves aren't generic. So what, King K. Rool and Bowser Jr. share a cannonball (that I propose have different properties) Marth, Ike, Lucina, Little Mac, Greninja, Shulk, and Roy all have counters with variations.

And to the comment you posted in my quote thing. You never argued with me about Wolf's semi-cloneness pages ago. And I am a Wolf supporter, if I want the character back in Smash, I'm a supporter.

Semi-Half-Quarter Clone,take it or leave it

B function differently
Side B is diagnal
Up B does not have TEH PH1R3
Down B is one of few moves extremely similar to Fox's,except pink cuz HE IS A REAL MAN
FS is red and thats it(easily changeable)
Aireals and Smashes are different in everyway
But hey,that your opinion
Back air is actually the same as Fox and Falco's, a backwards kick.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Why did you add the extra line in my post?

The moves aren't generic. So what, King K. Rool and Bowser Jr. share a cannonball (that I propose have different properties) Marth, Ike, Lucina, Little Mac, Greninja, Shulk, and Roy all have counters with variations.

And to the comment you posted in my quote thing. You never argued with me about Wolf's semi-cloneness pages ago. And I am a Wolf supporter, if I want the character back in Smash, I'm a supporter.

Back air is actually the same as Fox and Falco's, a backwards kick.
Editing error.

It's something back around the 100th page or so, that even if you count all specials as cloned, plus Bair, Wolf is still less of a clone than Pit, Kirby is to Fox and Jigglypuff is to Kirby.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I find it funny how when we finally get off a character who isn't the primary focus of this thread, we start an argument about the character who is. It was decided long ago that Wolf was unique with similarities. Kirby and Jigglypuff have similarities, Lucario and Mewtwo have similarities. All are unique. Now, could we please stay from the "Wolf is a clone" topic and get to something else?

How do you all think Wolf's matchups will turn out? I just hope he can wreck Rosalina, Luigi, Sheik, and Shulk, personally.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Grrrrrrr............

You people are pretty sad if you think King K. Rool has lower chances because of his movesets that are slightly similar to other characters. Especially when the very character you are advocating has an even less unique set of specials. King K. Rool's suggested up B is nothing like Link or DK's up B.
Just because I support Wolf does not mean I can spout bull and lies. Wolf is not a semi clone, but saying that K. Rool can't be in because he is not unique is sad because he would be more unique than Wolf, well, if he K. Rool is like this if he happens.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I find it funny how when we finally get off a character who isn't the primary focus of this thread, we start an argument about the character who is. It was decided long ago that Wolf was unique with similarities. Kirby and Jigglypuff have similarities, Lucario and Mewtwo have similarities. All are unique. Now, could we please stay from the "Wolf is a clone" topic and get to something else?

How do you all think Wolf's matchups will turn out? I just hope he can wreck Rosalina, Luigi, Sheik, and Shulk, personally.
I never said Wolf is a clone, he's a semi-clone, he is, specials are variants to Fox's. He's in the same situation as Roy but to a lesser degree (Roy joke get it. Degree like temperature. Roy has fire which is hot. nvm).

Last edited:

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I would say not even a semi-clone. Aside from vaguely similar specials, Wolf shares no moves with fox.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I mean, look at the boss fight for Donkey Kong Country 2! There is so much moveset potential in that fight, alone!

I really don't like how I am talking about all this, might be bad, because of how off topic it is.
Well, at least we can all agree that Wolf and King K. Rool are both among the most possible candidates both in veteran and newcomer, and they deserve the spot.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Grrrrrrr............

You people are pretty sad if you think King K. Rool has lower chances because of his movesets that are slightly similar to other characters. Especially when the very character you are advocating has an even less unique set of specials. King K. Rool's suggested up B is nothing like Link or DK's up B.
Just because I support Wolf does not mean I can spout bull and lies. Wolf is not a semi clone, but saying that K. Rool can't be in because he is not unique is sad because he would be more unique than Wolf, well, if he K. Rool is like this if he happens.
Not trying to judge his chances. Just want to see if there could be something more unique to the character.
I never said Wolf is a clone, he's a semi-clone, he is, specials are variants to Fox's. He's in the same situation as Roy but to a lesser degree (Roy joke get it. Degree like temperature. Roy has fire which is hot. nvm).
Yeah, except Roy is ~78% similar to Marth, and Wolf is ~23%. Not even close.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I would say not even a semi-clone. Aside from vaguely similar specials, Wolf shares no moves with fox.
Back air... I tried using quarter clone back a while ago but it never really caught on.
@ CaptainJimmBob CaptainJimmBob K Rool is relevant now since the mii costume. The only thing against him is the Mii costume.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The clone argument again? Are you ****tin' me?

I'll just get out of here and listen to some music on Spotify until this **** is over.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I never said Wolf is a clone
What I meant was regarding Wolf and anything 'clone-topic' related in general. Full clone, semi clone, "Semi-Half-Quarter Clone", etc.

(Roy joke get it. Degree like temperature. Roy has fire which is hot. nvm).
Well, 'Fire Wolf' doesn't have any flames, so I'll spare you there, haha.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Well, Wolf will need a new BAir, since Falco has his now. Right?
I´m trying really hard to make Falco work in Smash 4, but he just needs a little more buffs. D:

I miss Wolf so much...

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Well, Wolf will need a new BAir, since Falco has his now. Right?
I´m trying really hard to make Falco work in Smash 4, but he just needs a little more buffs. D:

I miss Wolf so much...
How to make Falco work in Smash 4.
Step 1: Turn on your Wii U.
Step 2: Start up Smash Bros.
Step 3: Pick the Smash mode.
Step 4: Pick Falco.
Step 5: Give your controller to a Falco main.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
How to make Falco work in Smash 4.
Step 1: Turn on your Wii U.
Step 2: Start up Smash Bros.
Step 3: Pick the Smash mode.
Step 4: Pick Falco.
Step 5: Give your controller to a Falco main.
You forgot Practice and pick Black Coloring(THAT LOOKED TOO GOOD IT WASNT EVEN FUNNY)

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
If he stays mostly the same or gets some nice buffs, he'll probably be as good or even better than he was in Brawl.

Chain grabbing and recovery were his greatest weaknesses and both of those are either already fixed (removing chain grabbing, ledge trumping) or will 99% be fixed/buffed (acting out of side b, larger ledge grab sweetspot) and those fixes are going to help him a lot. So with all that said, I'd say he'll probably won't have too many bad match-ups. And if there is, they probably won't be super bad ones.
I'm 99% positive that he'll do better against:4dedede:&:4falco:since chain grabbing is gone now. Especially:4dedede:since that was Wolf's worst match-up in Brawl due to that deadly down throw he had against him.:4wario2:&:4pikachu:will also be interesting since chain grabbing was something they had against Wolf in Brawl which they don't have anymore.:4metaknight:is another one since he isn't the dominate force he was in Brawl and Wolf did okay against him in Brawl compared to most of the cast.

Not sure what to think about Luigi, Sheik, or Shulk, but fsmash, ftilt, spaced bairs, the spike on the blaster and maybe uptilt could help against:rosalina:since those moves could help get rid of luma quickly. Down smash could work too thanks to its power and speed. Upsmash might be an option as well.

This is all theory and speculation and I could be wrong completely, but unless he gets some massive nerfs, I think it's safe to say he'll be at least mid/upper mid tier.

But at the end of the day, if he's as fun, or even more fun than he was in Brawl, I'll be happy.

And if all else fails, there's always the chance of potential buffs via patches if necessary.

Top Bottom