• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Well, you told me that none of your leaks were true. I was just correcting you by saying that Super Saiyan Pichu is indeed a character coming in the August direct. Dr. Luigi is supposed to be added to the roster as well.

(None of what I'm saying here is actually true. I apologize if I'm spamming.)

Alright, back to Wolf.
Yeeeeeah, we got a bit out of track there.

I'll honestly be surprised if there's no direct announced soon. It's been quite a while since the last one, and I'm starting to wonder if they won't actually announce anything character related until October.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sorry about that. I just thought it was funny and decided to post on here. I should have gave credit where credit is due. :(
You didn't know until now. You didn't check as well, but it isn't the end of the world. No real reason to feel so bad.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Dat's fake because I'm your father.

STAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR WARRRRRRRRRRRRRS!!!!!!!!

We should probably get back to Wolf tbh.
Although we should get back to Wolf,I'll be the one to finish this.
Star Wars is in space.Star Fox is in space.
Star Wars has fighter ships.You know what else does?Star Fox.
And both begin with "Star".
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.
K,back to our regularly scheduled waiting game.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I have a monado boy to practice with
You. You are evil.
-
So, back on the topic of DLC, I have two questions for everyone.
1) How many total DLC characters do you all thing we'll get? I can see eight total, so we can have two DLC character packs, each consisting of four fighters. However, ten total DLC fighters makes the roster perfectly even.

2) Who do you all PREDICT and who do you WANT to get as DLC, based on how many more characters we'll get? I can see Wolf, Snake, King K. Rool, and Isaac as a DLC Pack #2. I'd love to see Wolf, Krystal, Snake, and Sceptile, personally.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
You. You are evil.
-
1) How many total DLC characters do you all thing we'll get? I can see eight total, so we can have two DLC character packs, each consisting of four fighters. However, ten total DLC fighters makes the roster perfectly even.

2) Who do you all PREDICT and who do you WANT to get as DLC, based on how many more characters we'll get? I can see Wolf, Snake, King K. Rool, and Isaac as a DLC Pack #2. I'd love to see Wolf, Krystal, Snake, and Sceptile, personally.
I'd like 2 more pre-ballot characters based on the files found in the game, those being Wolf and Dixie Kong. Then four ballot characters, with those being K Rool, Krystal, Isaac and maybe inkling or something

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
You. You are evil.
-

Yeah,I knew I was evil
1.)Enough to make 60 fighters
2.)Wolf is all I want,I predict Wolf,Isaac,Inkling if the mii costume does not hurt their chances,Krystal or Leon,and Blaziken or Sceptile

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
Because Directs, the main ones, are usually on Wednesdays, so the next Direct being announced the day before would make sense.
Oh okay cool, I hope so. Man I'd really love some word from Sakurai on smash one way or another. If he says nothing about Wolf, then he'll definitely make it in near Star Fox Zero's release, or possibly not at all, but honestly I'd be so surprised if Wolf never made it in.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Shantae's voice actor credited on Smash's IMDb...

This is strange. It is 100% there, it is not hard to check.

I don't want Shantae over King K. Rool, Isaac, Hunter, or especially Wolf or Snake... but I won't object to it. In fact she would be a welcome character. But there are other characters that deserve it so much more.

How do you guys feel about this?

EDIT: It appears her voice actor did not add this. This suggests this all probably a hoax, and might even deconfirm Shantae. Hurray!

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord

I don't want Shantae over King K. Rool, Isaac, Hunter, or especially Wolf or Snake... but I won't object to it. In fact she would be a welcome character. But there are other characters that deserve it so much more.

Anybody's good. Especially Shantae. Even though as an Isaac and Wolf supporter, I'd prefer seeing them get in before she does.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

EDIT: It appears her voice actor did not add this. This suggests this all probably a hoax, and might even deconfirm Shantae. Hurray!
I wouldn't care whether she got in or not but I don't think she actually has a chance considering her games have never released in Japan

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Woah woah woah what's with all the Wolf confirmed stuff around
Man I've been waiting for a Nintendo Direct announcement for SO LONG.
P.S. There is 2 Melee reps, but only 1 Brawl reps (in DLC terms) All of them are 1st Party.
WOLF CONFIRMED>
You know, speaking of this, I have a weird feeling about the thing. Apparently Mewtwo is taken away from account when Sakurai says about "One Melee vet, One Brawl vet, One newcomer". If anything Sakurai really think this pattern (if any) is complete.
I don't understand why Fire Wolf was ever called Fire Wolf. There is no ****ing fire.
Apparently when Sakurai wants to determine someone to be a clone or not, the localization workers says otherwise.

Look at these move names in Japanese:
  1. クローブラスター Claw Blaster
  2. ウルフシュート Wolf Shoot
  3. ランドマスター改 Landmaster "Improved"*
*I can't find an English translation for this

This is how they are named in English:
  1. Blaster
  2. Fire Wolf
  3. Landmaster
I can understand if they think Wolf Shoot is not a good name, but why change them to make them look like a cloned move? Apparently there's some consensus of cloneosity not reached.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
You. You are evil.
-

1.) I would predict we're getting at least 3 more characters at this point, and we may get as many as 6. Who knows?

2.) I could see us getting Wolf, Isaac, Snake (if Nintendo and Konami can get along), Ice Climbers (if they become New 3DS and Wii U exclusive), a Rhythm Heaven rep, and Dixie Kong.
I would want Wolf, Reyn from Xenoblade, Inkling, Bayonetta, Phoenix Wright, and Professor Layton to be DLC. Though the only viable choices on this list are Wolf, Reyn, and Inkling. Though Xenoblade was fortunate enough to get their main protagonist in and Inklings will more then likely be the first big newcomers of Smash 5. So yeah...

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608

lol no, But the voice actor would love for Shantae to be in.

Logo12

Smash Lord

Wat?
WHY DOES EVERY CHARACTER I HATE GETS SUCH A NEWS
*Sees a Shantae supporter coming in*
...um nothing

---
That doesn't confirm or deconfirm anything; if anything this looks more of an vandalism in the site than an actual news.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Let us not spread the hate for other characters on this thread please. We ain't no Krystal fan hatin' on a Pigma. We are the Wolf supporters, we don't hesitate, we act. Let the Shantae fans mind their business and let us mind ours- onward, to the ballot, #FreeWolf!

Logo12

Smash Lord
Let us not spread the hate for other characters on this thread please. We ain't no Krystal fan hatin' on a Pigma. We are the Wolf supporters, we don't hesitate, we act. Let the Shantae fans mind their business and let us mind ours- onward, to the ballot, #FreeWolf!
I lol'd

Seriously though, I wasn't trying to spread hate.
OK guys, so Tomorrow in the rate the characters thread, we'll be rerating Wolf. Be sure to show your support, rating goes from around 7 P.M. on 8/3/15 to 7P.M. on 8/4/15. Here's a link to thread,http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...tage-and-2-dlc-reps-for-one-franchise.398604/
Eh, Wolf finally got rerating?

Just a topic to think of: What do you think the change of chance will be in that thread? Most of us here think his chance has increased, but there are inevitably some news that happened, and how Wolf didn't get any mention for such a long time may lower people's mindset of him being a "shoe-in" or such.

Also how will the want change? :T

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I lol'd

Seriously though, I wasn't trying to spread hate.

Eh, Wolf finally got rerating?

Just a topic to think of: What do you think the change of chance will be in that thread? Most of us here think his chance has increased, but there are inevitably some news that happened, and how Wolf didn't get any mention for such a long time may lower people's mindset of him being a "shoe-in" or such.

Also how will the want change? :T
I don't think he will move really. He's still the most likely and still highly popular.

It may be prudent for anyone posting in this thread for at least today and tomorrow to leave some sort of active reminder about the that thread too

http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...tage-and-2-dlc-reps-for-one-franchise.398604/

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I could see us getting anywhere from 3-6 more characters. 4 is a good bet.
I really ONLY want Wolf at this point. I'd love Ridley or K. Rool, but after the costume thing I've pretty much given up on him. Dixie would be great too, at this point DK just needs SOMETHING.
I'd welcome Snake back, if a deal could be reached, but if he was chosen over Wolf I'd scream.
I'd also really like Shantae too. I don't really think she has a shot, but I have entertained the idea and find it agreeable. I've been a fan of Shantae for years, I think she'd fit in well and would be a great addition.
But really, as long as Wolf comes back, I really don't give a **** who comes with him. I'm tired of having my mains cut.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
You. You are evil.
-

1) I see 7 or 8. I can logically see 3 more characters but the character bundle #1 makes me think we will get 4 more characters, also the fact that there are at least 2 Mario slots left and getting one character from the ballot is kind of wasteful.

2) I predict Wolf, King K. Rool, Isaac, and someone else. I want Wolf, King K. Rool, Isaac, and Star Man (which will never happen but I can dream).

@ Logo12 Logo12 Claw Blaster would've been a fine name for Wolf's Neutral B.

Last edited:
You. You are evil.
-

1) I can see 2-5 characters happening, but 4 is my personal prediction.

2) Who I predict:
If 2:
- K. Rool
- Wolf
If 3:
- K. Rool
- Wolf
- Isaac
If 4 (most likely outcome imo):
- King K. Rool
- Wolf
- Isaac
- Bandana Dee
If 5:
- King K. Rool
- Wolf
- Isaac
- Bandana Dee
- One of these: Snake, Bomberman, Rayman, Paper Mario, Dixie Kong
Who I want: I would be fine with just K. Rool, Wolf and Bandana Dee, but I wouldn't be against fourth or fifth DLC rep alongside them.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Just noticed this. It does actually hurt Shantae, at least for the time being, as Cristina Vee said on Twitter she had not heard anything about Shantae being in Smash 4.

Not that I expected Shantae anyway.
Its not like she'd be able to publicly talk about it anyway at the moment.

Logo12

Smash Lord
You. You are evil.
-

1. I'm still holding my belief on 6 most likely. Even with the "Bundle" thing, the bundle doesn't necessarily come with the same amount every time anyways. Though by range I suppose 6-8 is the most likely amount.
  2. I predict... uh... I want.. Wolf and... uh...
    Seriously, I can't be predicting anything without bias. I only want Wolf and everything else is just some random fruit slapped on a cake.
I find it odd that she would point out that she has not heard anything about Smash. Why not just say, "I did not add that," and that is it, tweet over, hype over, unless she has not heard about being in Smash.
You're probably overthinking then :/

FullOfGore

Smash Rookie
NNID
Scardonian
No matter how many times I mash that refresh button, nothing about a new direct comes up :(

shane3x

Saint of Swords
At this point 2 is the safe minimum guess, 4 is the likely amount we may get, once you get to 6 thats pushing it and 8 is a pipe dream.

K.Rool isn't looking good at this point and Isaac was a long shot to begin with.

Top Bottom